ANTI GRAVITY TECHNOLOGY and the alma-X- files

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
almax

ANTI GRAVITY TECHNOLOGY and the alma-X- files

Post by almax »

I seem to start a new thread every now and then about something that grabs my attention and from some of the comments i get posted, you lot must think im what is called a "truther" but whatever, im just someone who likes to investigate possiblities and ideas rather than just accept the staus quo.
"condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" -Albert Einstein

on that note, instead of starting new threads all the time, i give you....the alma-X-files

here i will post articles and ideas, some may very well be hogwash, much will be not proven by the scientific community, but i can guarantee* they will at least be interesting/intriguing

*guarantee not guaranteeed

ANTI GRAVITY TECHNOLOGY
From what i can grasp, the basic physics behind antigravity is a mercury based super fluid spining in a torus (like a hollow doughnut) at high speed which weakens the local effect of earth gravity on the neighboring mass (the air around the craft) this hasn't been tested yet (well not by NGOs, im sure NASA and even the Nazi sound like they were onto it) as they would have to get their hands on a mercury based plasma with super fluid propreties (that's why they cool it at 150 Kelvin probably to become a superfluid) then keep it supercool at minus 150 Kelvin, presurize it in a torus at 250.000 atmospheres, and spining it inside at 50.000 rpm. So yeah would need some serious fundage to do it.

If you know what a superfluid is, you would probably understant that once it's spininig inside there's no stoping it, because it has litteraly zero friction with the torus walls. It can only be stopped by employing a magnetic field or something, i believe.

Maybe Obama will release this technology and we will no longer have jet engines and can use clean energy technology based upon this. So cool!

anyway, i highly recommend you watch these videos

http://www.youtube.com/v/pJJ-4lnwrck&color1

example of liquid metal
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qX6clRC21vo

anti gravity theory
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9xnh5Nd4D ... r_embedded

2 hour google video on antigravity

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9501486399
Last edited by almax on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrj

Re: ANTI GRAVITY TECHNOLOGY!

Post by mrj »

hmmmmmmm. I don't know much here, and can't watch the vids at work, but from my knowledge of supercooling, the biggest part initially of supercooling, say water, is that you have to keep it extremley still. any disruption creates an iregularity which becomes the starting point of crystalisation (or freezing as it were).

so in that sense i find it hard to imagine how it could become the basis for transport, keep the fluid (whatever it is) isolated from movement and any vibration I can imagine is quite difficult, insofar as they can do it in a lab, but in the real world? Maybe this is why they chose mecury, more viscous so less prone to vibration etc. plus it may have a higher freezing temp so easier to super cool?

At the same time I am not a scientist, mechanic, engineer, or really anything at all and don't even really have two brain cells to rub together (not anymore anyways, techno + melbourne saw to that) so what the fuck do I know.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
almax

Post by almax »

If thats the case, perhaps the pressure has something to do with the solution? once you get it that cool, put pressure on it, and as its a superfluid (da da na naa) it has no friction which means it can move without heat being generated?
nic

Post by nic »

almax threads
speculation at best
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

mrj wrote: so what the fuck do I know.
I would say, more than me but less that Doctor Karl.

Which isn’t bad.

Almax, you do find some pretty interesting conversational material, you should come get smashed with us on the weekend, interesting group of people invited.
mrj

Post by mrj »

yeh you prob right, if its under intense pressure it could stop the fluid moving about, but it would have to be super intense pressure, even the slightest vibration turns any supercooled fluid into a solid. to create that kind of pressure would take fukkin shitloads of energy.

still if its doable I'm definitley looking forward to anti gravity clubs, altho can imagine its hard to smash a bag in such a club.
almax

Post by almax »

yes mrj, but this is supercooled SUPERfluid (dun dun da daaa) so it may have different properties to the ones you read about in year 8 physics from a text book published in 1988.
And the whole premise behing the theory is that the fluid IS moving, and moving fucking quickly, but with no friction.
almax

Post by almax »

nic wrote:almax threads
speculation at best
nics posts, totally irrelevant and nonsensical at best
nic

Post by nic »

fag
nic

Post by nic »

:teef:
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

almax wrote:Maybe Obama will release this technology and we will no longer have jet engines and can use clean energy technology based upon this. So cool!
I figure it would take shitloads of traditional dirty power to generate the pressures/conditions for this idea to work...
deviant

Post by deviant »

I've got dirty power
FoundationStepper

filthy power more like it
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

my dirty power, let me show it to u?
FoundationStepper

see it, nothing to write home about.

u want to squeeze my skanky power?
almax

Post by almax »

lol the lot of you

has anyone actually watched the short youtube videos yet?
deviant

Post by deviant »

cannae, at work

for now I would rather post abolute garbage in your thread tbh
almax

Post by almax »

huge
old boy

Post by huge »

mrj wrote:hmmmmmmm. I don't know much here, and can't watch the vids at work, but from my knowledge of supercooling, the biggest part initially of supercooling, say water, is that you have to keep it extremley still. any disruption creates an iregularity which becomes the starting point of crystalisation (or freezing as it were).

so in that sense i find it hard to imagine how it could become the basis for transport, keep the fluid (whatever it is) isolated from movement and any vibration I can imagine is quite difficult, insofar as they can do it in a lab, but in the real world? Maybe this is why they chose mecury, more viscous so less prone to vibration etc. plus it may have a higher freezing temp so easier to super cool?

At the same time I am not a scientist, mechanic, engineer, or really anything at all and don't even really have two brain cells to rub together (not anymore anyways, techno + melbourne saw to that) so what the fuck do I know.

supercooled water is far different from a supercooled element.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

huge wrote:
mrj wrote:hmmmmmmm. I don't know much here, and can't watch the vids at work, but from my knowledge of supercooling, the biggest part initially of supercooling, say water, is that you have to keep it extremley still. any disruption creates an iregularity which becomes the starting point of crystalisation (or freezing as it were).

You're a supercooled element
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

almax wrote:Image
looks like a bit of a tip.

hahahahahaha
almax

Post by almax »

huge wrote:

thats right, its a supercooled elemental SUPER fluid (dun dunaar da na)
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

The have supersolids now too that that can convert to superfluids. Much more recent that this early 1900's business you are on about. It is the 2000's Al, Nazi technology is old hat mate, we got superfunded middle eastern technologies now.
almax

Post by almax »

which just goes to show how far advanced the technology probably is, just not available to the public....yet, come on Obama
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

"ya know what i'm saying"
almax

Post by almax »

"yanowhadimean"
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

That dude was driven by some kinda power for sure!
mrj

Post by mrj »

deviant wrote:hot tip
pure ROFL
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

There was a guy by the name of Wilhelm Reich, should look up his work its out of this world. Probably one of the most underestamated and least heard of scientists of our generation.

Long story short he was put in prison for 2 years and whilst in prison he was writing a manuscirpt called creation, in which contained anti gravity equations, this was in 1957 from memory, he was found dead in his cell 7 days before release in a US Gaol, no manuscirpt to be found.
almax

Post by almax »

wasnt he the psychologist that tried to measure the male orgasm?
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

wtf?

myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

^ those guys are supercool ed.
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

I watched parts of the videos.
I wish these kinds of theories weren't laced with so much paranoid x-files type crap.
The guy has some interesting theories for sure. But his final thing to say is the only way to dis-prove him is to do the experiment.
Why does he not demonstrate the experiment?
Kinda goes against any type of scientific study or proof for the existence of anytrhing.

eg. My penis is eighteen foot long - you people all go and dis-prove that.
Well I'd like to think no-one would try. This makes it true or more likely then?
Hardly.
Regardless. Whether he can change the weight - read weight not mass - of an object, it still does sweet fa if it doesn't get airborne. The amount of energy required to perform the experiment would be large, it takes enourmous amounts of energy to produce liquid nitrogen. If, you say apllying more and more pressure to the unit may help, this will decrease the viscosity of the fluid and increase its overall temperature, thus requiring more energy.
The whole basis of these experiments is based on aliens, who supposedly travelled many light years to arrive at earth with, it would seem, very little energy to do so, yet the very nature of this theory calls for an enourmous amount of energy, at the very least needed upon reaching the earth's atmosphere.
No matter how well you contain graivty, you're not going to contain the friction of air passing over an object at speed. How could they keep the fluids cool then?
Sorry, sounds like another dude who has some great ideas, but can't explain nor demonstrate them properly and has little evidence to base his hypothesis.
If he's going to start on about anti-gravity then tell people they're too uninformed now to understand quantum mechanics he kinda loses me. I've spent a lot of time in the last twelve months reading about this and relativity and have some understanding of it. Why can't he explain it in terms of this?
Fail.
Last edited by deejaypcp on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
almax

Post by almax »

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Super+pre ... a014549235

Super pressures heat up superconductors.

Normally, when scientists say the pressure is on to find a higher-temperature superconductor A material that has little resistance to the flow of electricity. Traditional superconductors operate at absolute zero (-459.67 degrees Fahrenheit or -273.15 degrees Celsius). Experiments in the 1980s raised the temperature to -321 degrees Fahrenheit. , they don't mean it literally, This time, though, they do.

Two research groups, obtaining nearly simultaneous results, now report superconductivity superconductivity, abnormally high electrical conductivity of certain substances. The phenomenon was discovered in 1911 by Kamerlingh Onnes, who found that the resistance of mercury dropped suddenly to zero at a temperature of about 4.2°K;. at temperatures above 153 kelvins - a 20-kelvin jump from the former record - owing not to a change in materials but to an increase in atmospheric pressureatmospheric pressure
or barometric pressure

Force per unit area exerted by the air above the surface of the Earth. Standard sea-level pressure, by definition, equals 1 atmosphere (atm), or 29.92 in. (760 mm) of mercury, 14.70 lbs per square in., or 101.
..... Click the link for more information.. The new data emphasize the previously identified, but poorly understood, effect of elevated pressure on superconductors: namely, that higher pressures can ease the free flow of electrons in these specially tailored materials.

In the Sept. 23 NATURE, Paul C.W. Chu, a physicist at the University of Houston, and his colleagues describe a way to achieve superconductivity in a mercury-based material by pressurizing the atmosphere around it. By raising the pressure to 150,000 times that at sea level, the scientists saw a transition temperature -- the point at which superconductivity kicks in -- at 153 kelvins.

In addition, Chu has told SCIENCE NEWS that his group has just attained a transition temperature of 161 kelvins in the same compound at 230,000 atmospheres and is preparing to publish these results soon.

On the heels of the Chu report comes one from Manuel Nunez-Regueiro, a physical chemist, and his colleagues at France's National Center for Scientific Research in Grenoble. In the Oct. 1 SciENCE, they describe their own, similar methods for causing superconductivity in the mercury-based material Hg-1223. They report a transition temperature of 157 kelvins at 235,000 atmospheres.

Both research groups work with nearly identical compounds, variations of a mercury oxide containing bariumbarium (bâr`ēəm) [Gr.,=heavy], metallic chemical element; symbol Ba; at. no. 56; at. wt. 137.33; m.p. 725°C;; b.p. 1,640°C;; sp. gr. 3.5 at 20°C;; valence +2.
..... Click the link for more information., calcium, and copper. In May, a research group at the Eidgenossische Technische HochschuleTechnische Hochschule (acronym TH) is, what an Institute of Technology (i.e. a university focusing on engineering sciences) used to be called in German speaking countries, before most of them changed their name to Technische Universität (acronym: TU
..... Click the link for more information. in Zurich announced a then-record superconductingsu·per·con·duct·ing
adj.
Having, exhibiting, or capable of superconductivity: "a revolutionary superconducting magnetic propulsion system" Colin Nickerson.
..... Click the link for more information. temperature of 133 kelvins using the same material. By pressurizing the mercury compound -which has a layered structure - the scientists now believe they are effectively reducing the distances between the layers and enabling electrons to flow more freely "My speculation is that the effect is due to charge transfer, plus some other effect we haven't yet identified" says Chu.

He notes that this mercury compound is quite different from other superconducting materials in that the main layer of mercury atoms tends to have an oxygen deficiency, "Not all the sites are filled with oxygen. So when we apply pressure, there's a greater charge-transfer effect," he explains.

Chu says he is encouraged by the findings of the Nunez-Regueiro group, since they're reporting "essentially the same thing," lending greater credence to the results.

Indeed, the stage is now set for both research groups to nudgenudge 1
tr.v. nudged, nudg·ing, nudg·es
1. To push against gently, especially in order to gain attention or give a signal.

..... Click the link for more information. this and related compounds to even higher temperatures. "We can do two things to raise the transition temperature of these materials at normal pressure," says Nunez-Regueiro. "The first is to improve the dopingdoping, in electronics: see semiconductor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Altering the electrical conductivity of a semiconductor material, such as silicon, by chemically combining it with foreign elements.
..... Click the link for more information. process" by adding other trace elements Trace elements
A group of elements that are present in the human body in very small amounts but are nonetheless important to good health. They include chromium, copper, cobalt, iodine, iron, selenium, and zinc. Trace elements are also called micronutrients. to improve conductivity, "The second is to introduce chemical pressure, which means chemically mimicking pressure's effects by incorporating smaller atoms into the material;' he adds. "This change compresses the material's atomic lattice. It's the same effect as pressurizing with a press. So we're trying these two things now. Just raising the pressure won't do much more."

From Chu's point of view, breaking the 150-kelvin barrier has some practical advantages as well. "For one thing, we can now cool the materials with freon, using ordinary household air-conditioning technology. That alone is a big advantage."

As for the stepwise stepwise

incremental; additional information is added at each step.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stepwise multiple regression
used when a large number of possible explanatory variables are available and there is difficulty interpreting the partial regression rise in transition temperatures, he sees another jump yet to come.

"Six years ago, people said the temperature could never go above 40 degrees [kelvinkelvin, abbr. K, official name in the International System of Units (SI) for the degree of temperature as measured on the Kelvin temperature scale.

A unit of measurement of temperature.
..... Click the link for more information.]. People published theories about this;' Chu says. "Then the temperature broke 90 degrees. So people stopped speculating for a while. They said, 'Maybe there's no ceiling.' And the temperature rose to 128 degrees. But then, no big advances happened for a long time, no matter how hard people worked. So in 1990 a very prominent chemist said the temperature could never go above 160 degrees kelvin."

"Now we've reached 161," Chu adds. "That's interesting to me. I believe 180 degrees is within sight, although we're not sure how to do it yet. But there's a good possibility"
deviant

Post by deviant »

deejaypcp wrote:My penis is eighteen foot long
I fucken knew it! that would expain your awkward gait
almax

Post by almax »

deejaypcp wrote: Why does he not demonstrate the experiment?
Kinda goes against any type of scientific study or proof for the existence of anytrhing.
Well for starters it would be fucking expensive and he doesnt have the resources required, which he clearly states in the video, the whole premise behind his video is to encourage people who are in the field or have access to the equipment required to try it out.

try watching the whole video before you jump to conclusions
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

i agree, jumping to conclusions based on zero evidence is probably not really the way forward.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
deviant

Post by deviant »

but his penis is 18 feet long!
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

Sorry dude, I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, but I'm a year 12 physics / chemistry student with a bit of extra knowledge and this theory sounds like a crock to me due to the energy requirements.

I too can google superconductor and superpressure and find some answers, but there is no doubt all of this requires enormous amounts of energy. Energy which you could measure on an exponential scale i.e. the closer you get to cooling something to 0 K the greater and greater the energy required to reduce the temperature of said thing.

Can you supply formula and data to support all this weird shit?

Gravity was newton's stumbling block, which Einstein fixed. Unfortunately Einstein got stuck also.
Now we quantum mechanics and the possibility of string theory. Still all in it's infancy.
Until we fully understand all of this, and gravity is a part of it, I don't think Obama is going to save us from ourselves.

Meh. It's too fucking hot in qld. 99% humidity or some shit. Can you get your mate to send me some liquid hydrogen, stat?

Again, not dissing bro at all, just throwing a little practicality into the mix.
almax

Post by almax »

He is not my mate lol
yeah well, it is all just a theory and i think its an exciting one. So basically the only problem you see with it is the energy required to get the liquid to 150 kelvin and keeping it there right?
deejaypcp wrote: I too can google superconductor and superpressure and find some answers, but there is no doubt all of this requires enormous amounts of energy. Energy which you could measure on an exponential scale i.e. the closer you get to cooling something to 0 K the greater and greater the energy required to reduce the temperature of said thing.
i didnt post that stuff in reply to your post, it was more aimed at mrjs earlier posts, but i was held up at work so by the time i actually posted it, it looks like its in reply to your post
Last edited by almax on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

* edit ^ Fair enough, sorry.
I'm a prat.

although
my biggest problem is convincing deviant i don't have an 18 foot penis.
Last edited by deejaypcp on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
almax

Post by almax »

all good mate, i can see why you thought that, just had to correct ya.
Your input is valued, unlike that pesky deviant who just posts garbage for the sake of one day
beating Lynts post count! :)
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

bwaaaahahahah lolz fuckin.
almax

Post by almax »

youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

I could use an antigrav hoverboard like in back to the future 3 tbh.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR