FIRE AID 2??

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mixtress

Re: FIRE AID 2??

Post by mixtress »

My blood's tainted and I don't have any money. I'm giving them all the clothes I was gonna sell on Ebay instead.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

breaksRbest wrote: I'll leave the bitching on 'appropriate' ways to help to you guys
I'm not gonna bother discussing it on here. I can't be bothered with LE's attitude.
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

deviant wrote:
Mark of Canberra 12:12pm today Boo Hoo. Youchose to live there.
FUCKING COCK-SUCKER!!!!!
:angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry6: :angry6: :angry6: :angry6: :angry6:
I have made a conscious effort to not read talkback / opinion sections purely for this reason. People are fucking shit.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

some pics from friend..... kilmore wandong fire......

terrible....
(sorry for the slightly graphic)

where the kilmore fires began.
Gliding High
Location: Little Evil's evil cave, 666 Nasty St, Horribleville

Post by Gliding High »

andy_hoffman wrote:
breaksRbest wrote: I'll leave the bitching on 'appropriate' ways to help to you guys
I'm not gonna bother discussing it on here. I can't be bothered with LE's attitude.
What are you talking about man? I'm giving you advice, and your the one getting all narky.
My attitude is completely positive - I'm doing all I can today to help these people experiencing hell.
At work we are organising a whole truckload of goods that we have organised to send to the salvo's - I have two guys loading a truck as we speak.
If you want to organise the gig, go for it. No one is stopping you. People are just giving you relevant advice. If you choose to take it on with this sort of attitude, at the start - then how do you propose to organise a gig, from start to finish, with the hundreds of obstacles and hardships you will encounter along the way, while simultaneously aquiring a worthwhile monetary contribution?
I respect your desire to get things going - but there several people on here who have questioned the gig too. Not just me.
Trying to save you some time and effort mate, not put you down. Snap out of it.
Kirts

Post by Kirts »

Just put together all the clothes that I haven't worn in ages and no longer need and given them to a mate that is going up to a crisis centre tonight to do remedial massage on the firefighters that need or want the treatment. If the clothes arent used here at least the Red Cross has it and can use it else where. Going to donate coin on pay day.

Do what you can do when you can do it, it will all go along way.

Think, if everyone that could and took the minimal time it would take to just donate 5 to 10 bucks how much that would help.

A lot of people think that they have to do something big and significant, the small things go a long way too!!!
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Gliding High wrote:
andy_hoffman wrote:If you don't think $7000 is a worthwhile gesture then there's something wrong with you mate.
Well c'mon mate. Your the action guy.
Lets see this thing happen.
You obviously know the ins and outs of running a giant gig.
Use your plethora of contacts and organisational skills to dazzle me.

I don't agree with you. Don't be getting all pissy about it.
Get organising, and prove us doubters wrong.
Andy doesn't have to prove anything to you, you're just being unnecessarily negative when we all need positivity right now.

you're no help to anyone, so perhaps you should shut up? :wink:
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

youthful_implants wrote:
Gliding High wrote:
andy_hoffman wrote:If you don't think $7000 is a worthwhile gesture then there's something wrong with you mate.
Well c'mon mate. Your the action guy.
Lets see this thing happen.
You obviously know the ins and outs of running a giant gig.
Use your plethora of contacts and organisational skills to dazzle me.

I don't agree with you. Don't be getting all pissy about it.
Get organising, and prove us doubters wrong.
he doesn't have to prove anything to you, you're just being unnecessarily negative when we all need positivity right now.

you're no help to anyone, so perhaps you should shut up? :wink:
Who initiated the negativity dude? I just stated that I didn't think the gig would work, and that it wasn't appropriate. I am not alone in my opinion.
He doesn't have to prove anything to me, I never asked him to.
Maybe YOU should get your facts straight, or co-organise this proposed miracle?
Me, I have donated already, and am currently highly pro-active in loading donations.
Again, if the gig was to work, I'd shake the dudes hand.
Your no help to this cause man, so maybe you should shut up too? Just a suggestion.
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

Dude GH isn't being negative at all, he's being realistic. For fucks sake. We all need to pull together over this. Why does it have to be a big "hey look at me, lets have a party and get recognition for helping". dude even if we all donate $5 bucks it makes a fucking difference. I personally would not go to a party where people are getting munted "to help the cause". Fire aid was embarissing, people were fucked of their brains towards the end of sunday, and the vibe was about getting wasted and not about helping the community. I have seen first hand what these bushfires have done. Bendigo is a mess. Its fucked

so less arguing and more doing what we can individually. Even a fucking dollar each would help or a can of food. Shit
These are the days of our lolz
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

J Gal wrote:Dude GH isn't being negative at all, he's being realistic. For fucks sake. We all need to pull together over this. Why does it have to be a big "hey look at me, lets have a party and get recognition for helping". dude even if we all donate $5 bucks it makes a fucking difference. I personally would not go to a party where people are getting munted "to help the cause". Fire aid was embarissing, people were fucked of their brains towards the end of sunday, and the vibe was about getting wasted and not about helping the community. I have seen first hand what these bushfires have done. Bendigo is a mess. Its fucked

so less arguing and more doing what we can individually. Even a fucking dollar each would help or a can of food. Shit

Couldn't have said it better. You are so very right.
Awesome work J :)
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Melbourne Beats: We Like To Argue
almax

Post by almax »

Direkt wrote:Melbourne Beats: We Like To Argue
no we don't, what would you know anyway

:teef:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

everyone loves to gang up on Mb thats for sure!

there is numerous people that WERE very involved in the last charity event, who think its folly to do so again.

jgal did loads of work, as did mellogs, and me, along with the great efforts of brb and lmb, with others jumping on board too.
andy, you asked for opinions and input, and your getting it from the right people.

:roll:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

ghetto kitty wrote:everyone loves to gang up on Mb thats for sure!

there is numerous people that WERE very involved in the last charity event, who think its folly to do so again.

jgal did loads of work, as did mellogs, and me, along with the great efforts of brb and lmb, with others jumping on board too.
andy, you asked for opinions and input, and your getting it from the right people.

:roll:
Okay, I think we all get the point. Let's all just move on with our lives.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

128 now confirmed dead
youthful_implants

This has got nothing to do with the last event, which some of you seem to be using as weird leverage to dissuade Andy from doing something decent.

I dont care what happened last time you tried to do this, unless you have something helpful to add. Perhaps its a bigger incentive to make it work and useful to the people that need it.

If every time a promoter threw a party that was quiet, everyone said 'I dont think you should do it again.' then we wouldn't have any parties at all!

Sort it out!
Strontium Music

witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

jesus. it's fucking bleak.

have pledged monies, registered for blood donation and trying to volunteer down in gippsland way this weekend. it looks as though a lot of agencies have been inundated with peeps wanting to volunteer their time which is really heart warming. i don't know how much more i can read about it, it's just too devastating. :cry:
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

youthful_implants wrote:This has got nothing to do with the last event, which some of you seem to be using as weird leverage to dissuade Andy from doing something decent.

I dont care what happened last time you tried to do this, unless you have something helpful to add. Perhaps its a bigger incentive to make it work and useful to the people that need it.

If every time a promoter threw a party that was quiet, everyone said 'I dont think you should do it again.' then we wouldn't have any parties at all!

Sort it out!
You're a dickhead mate.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

128. God that is a lot of people isn't it. It must have been absolutely terrifying for those who got away and even worse for those who didnt. :( I've given to both the Salvos and the Red Cross. I hope it goes towards helping those in need. Poor old firefighters with fires still burning!
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
quick

Post by quick »

Just got this message from someone at work...
I believe also if you donate at Salvos at Myer they will match your donation dollar for dollar.
I'm going after work...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

Polecat wrote:128. God that is a lot of people isn't it. It must have been absolutely terrifying for those who got away and even worse for those who didnt. :( I've given to both the Salvos and the Red Cross. I hope it goes towards helping those in need. Poor old firefighters with fires still burning!
Its totally insane isn't it. We went thru eaglehawk yesterday, it was the most horrific thing i've ever seen. And Its small in comparison to the rest of Vic. CFA are fucking legends.
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

J Gal wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:This has got nothing to do with the last event, which some of you seem to be using as weird leverage to dissuade Andy from doing something decent.

Sort it out!
You're a dickhead mate.
Got to agree with J-gal, heartily.
youthful_implants

J Gal wrote:

Sort it out!
You're a dickhead mate.
Why?

I'm donating blood, and I've already donated cash.

I'm trying to do something, you're just calling me names. What are you 12?
Strontium Music

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

This shit has officially entered the gay as fuck zone. Like a bunch of fucking trannys fighting over a Gucci handbag.
quick

Post by quick »

Our very own Sean 'Rollin' Tekstep was out helpin I believe... he is CFA trained, so good on him.
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

fake or real gucci? just wanna make sure i'm fighting for the right thing
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

J Gal wrote:fake or real gucci? just wanna make sure i'm fighting for the right thing
It's fake, but a very convincing fake. The stitching is quality, and there's some bright red cherry lip gloss in it.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

friends of mine have been evacuated.

others have lost their entire life, had no time to take anything.

does anyone know what the status is now its been cooler today? are they getting a handle on the fires or what?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

almax wrote:
Direkt wrote:Melbourne Beats: We Like To Argue
no we don't, what would you know anyway

:teef:
:lol:
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

Hardy wrote:
J Gal wrote:fake or real gucci? just wanna make sure i'm fighting for the right thing
It's fake, but a very convincing fake. The stitching is quality, and there's some bright red cherry lip gloss in it.
cherry coloured or flavored? Cause i'm down if its flavoured. MMMM yum
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

J Gal wrote:
Hardy wrote:
cherry coloured or flavored? Cause i'm down if its flavoured. MMMM yum
Of course it's flavoured!!!
almax

Post by almax »

ghetto kitty wrote:friends of mine have been evacuated.

others have lost their entire life, had no time to take anything.

does anyone know what the status is now its been cooler today? are they getting a handle on the fires or what?
unfortunately just because its cooler doesnt mean much for fires that are already blazing, the whole state is just so dry after that heatwave last week. Rain is what is needed and lots of it.

My sister was at a wedding on Saturday in the Yarra valley, the fires were out the back not far from them, talk about a memorable wedding!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

well, there is less wind and lower temps, so surely that helps some...

it aint raining much anywhere ive been.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

right guys back on topic or im gunna start some overdue pruning
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

mixtress wrote:
Hardy wrote:
NakedAge wrote:So grows the cost of global warming
This doesn't have shit to do with global warming
can't see your logic on this one Tom. May not be completely at fault but with Qld under water, Melbourne on fire after 3 historically hot days (arsonist or no, still effected) and S.A suffering 13 days in sweltering conditions...I mean that's not normal. This has never happened before, in the history of the Earth, you can't say all this is just a coincidence. It has to have shit to do with it.

Melbourne's been kindling for the last couple of years but with the heat over the last few week it's like someone added a Jiffy. My heart breaks for everyone who's lost everything. Homes, families and neighbours, comfort and security, and most of all a certain future...I just can't imagine it. I was sitting in my room watching the coverage and I looked around and tried to imagine not having any of these little trinkets and things that 'make me happy'. Having nothing on your back except a singlet cause it was blazing hot when you left the house but now it's 14 degrees and you're cold and your shoes burned off and you haven't had anything to eat for 28 hours and you're pretty sure your house burned down but you can't find out cause the lines are down and you've got burns on your arms and the smoke inhalation makes breathing hurt and your back is sore and your eyes sting and you wish to God you'd wake up, just wake up dammit.

My heart breaks :cry:
Thanks mixy, I concur.

My family on my mother's side are from Marysville which is gone and Toolangi, which is on fire right now.
I feel a bit fucked.

Andy I'd be happy to help, pm sent.
I have little spare cash and can't give blood.
But, I have plenty of time and some skills I'm more than happy to donate to the cause.
munter charity money or no.

Ghetto 0- check this, fires freakin everywhere

http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/inc ... ummary.htm
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

The best way to get upto the minute information is to listen to ABC 774. They do an emergency broadcast in times like this to tell people where the fires are and what do to for help.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
quick

Post by quick »

Polecat wrote:The best way to get upto the minute information is to listen to ABC 774. They do an emergency broadcast in times like this to tell people where the fires are and what do to for help.
Yeah, was listening to this on Saturday as I drove around looking at houses. Very helpful coverage...
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

thanks for the link pcp

still a lot labeled as 'going' but many listed as safe now too...

hope your family is going to be okay mister...hugs for feeling shit.
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

Pretty sure they'll all be ok.
The fires in Toolangi are listed as safe also.
Shitting my pants anyway.
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

deejaypcp wrote:Pretty sure they'll all be ok.
The fires in Toolangi are listed as safe also.
Shitting my pants anyway.
Shit... thinking of you and your family. Its so fucking crazy. We weren't as badly hit as other parts of vic, but The mood up in bendigo atm is pretty sombre. I've never seen anything like it before.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

my friend stevie's family house is in these horrifying pictures...Sam Crisci

http://www.theage.com.au/photogallery/2 ... 28219.html

:( :( :(
Last edited by ghetto kitty on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

jeebus even fires at weerite. thats out near where i grew up.
betson

Post by betson »

Whatever is decided on it will help. Good Luck all involved if this goes ahead.
I am looking after some animals for friends from churchill. The fires came through so quick near Boolara the tops of the trees didn't get burnt, so bizare. Friends who nearly lost everything said it was moving over 60k's an hour. Raining hot ash, burning throat every breath. wouldn't have been a nice place to be.

Kudos to those friefighters working on Saturday, so HOT.
Don't forget to bring a towell!!
quick

Post by quick »

Wow... just got an email from Bruce Akhurst (Sensis CEO)
I am very pleased to tell you that Sensis will match all staff bushfire and flood appeal donations and fundraising by $2 for every $1 you give, up to the value of $200,000.
Fukn fair play, will be donating through them now... anyone else wanting to donate should send money through me so it all gets trippled... PM me if you want to donate through me.
FliP

Post by FliP »

My family have been evacuated from Broadford and Beechworth..

Andy - you have my number, I'd be more than willing to help out, and so are a few of my mates in terms of organising. I can do any design work and I'm sure I could get some promotional stuff donated - ie. printing etc.

Definitely needs to happen when its all over and some time has passed though, simply out of respect. However, there is no reason planning can't begin. The more time to gather sponsors and ideas, the better. Despite all the bullshit being thrown around in this thread (which is a bit shit), everyone has a lot of something to offer, through ideas, or experience. It's clear there can be a lot of good and bad things taken from the last party, and that makes me think there is potential to be more prepared to put on a successful event this time around - not to put down the efforts of anyone last time. A lot has changed with clubs, bars, music and attitudes in Melbourne in the last few years, since FireAid, and that alone may have an impact on the success of an event, coupled with the magnitude of the disaster compared to that of last time.

Regardless, I'm happy to help. I really think a successful event is possible.
Stray

Post by Stray »

huge
old boy

Post by huge »

quick wrote:Wow... just got an email from Bruce Akhurst (Sensis CEO)
I am very pleased to tell you that Sensis will match all staff bushfire and flood appeal donations and fundraising by $2 for every $1 you give, up to the value of $200,000.
Fukn fair play, will be donating through them now... anyone else wanting to donate should send money through me so it all gets trippled... PM me if you want to donate through me.
nice. my work is matching our donations.
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Thanks to flip, dan, eric, pcp, YI and all who have offered help and given POSITIVE input to this thread. Will do some brainstorming and organize a meeting probably this week some time so look out for PMs.
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

stop stirring the pot FFS

you remind me of sissy girls

apologies to all sissy girls who may be offended by that comment
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Feigan wrote:stop stirring the pot FFS

you remind me of sissy girls