Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mixtress

Re: Gripe thread

Post by mixtress »

I'm curious about the diagnosis myself...
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mixtress wrote:I'm curious about the diagnosis myself...
I believe the symptoms can include dizziness and euphoria, loss of balance, pains and aches in the mandible area, genital shrinkage and an inexplicable need to listen to trance.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Absolute Gold Hardy.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Gripe - working for free, doing stuff i hate, in the hope that some promise of more work comes from it.
ive been doing the same shit for ten years, im good at it dammit! im tired of working for 'possibilities' and 'projects' that never eventuate and just waste my time.

NO more.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Hardy wrote:
I believe the symptoms can include dizziness and euphoria, loss of balance, pains and aches in the mandible area, genital shrinkage and an inexplicable need to listen to trance.
Hahaha.

That happened first.

These days it manifests in a more slow-moving anaphylactic skin reaction which is pretty horrific.

ie: I get what look like chemical burns appearing all over my body within days or hours of doing it, which itch like hell. Not fun.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Fents

Post by Fents »

youthful_implants wrote:
Hardy wrote:
Hahaha.

That happened first.

These days it manifests in a more slow-moving anaphylactic skin reaction which is pretty horrific.

ie: I get what look like chemical burns appearing all over my body within days or hours of doing it, which itch like hell. Not fun.
ice bugs?
youthful_implants

whats that?
Strontium Music

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

as in, the phenomenon that is hallucination that occurs when one smokes le crack pipe.
youthful_implants

ghetto kitty wrote:as in, the phenomenon that is hallucination that occurs when one smokes le crack pipe.
ah I see.
Strontium Music

mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I shouldn't give a toss but I do. I'm dumbfounded by the sentence Chris Brown got for beating the shit out of Rihanna:

“He’ll spend 180 days doing community labor (8 hours a day — 1440 hours total) — which is, in effect, hard labor. He’ll do his service in Virginia which is where Brown lives. A Virginia law enforcement officer told us Brown will be picking up trash, pulling weeds and washing fire trucks.
He gets 5 years probation for FELONY assault — he pled guilty. He’ll get supervised probation. He’ll have to come back to court every three months.
He must enroll in a domestic violence counseling program.
If Brown violates probation, he could get up to 4 years in prison.
Brown is now a convicted felon and loses the the following rights: To own a gun, to sit on a jury, subject to search and seizure without a search warrant and he now has limitations on travel.”

Yeah, cause washing fire trucks is hard labour. The law with regards to celebrities is fucking riduclous. It pisses me off that this piece of shit coward is going to be at home tonight sipping Moet and laughing his ass off.
Amick

Post by Amick »

mixtress wrote:I shouldn't give a toss but I do. I'm dumbfounded by the sentence Chris Brown got for beating the shit out of Rihanna:

“He’ll spend 180 days doing community labor (8 hours a day — 1440 hours total) — which is, in effect, hard labor. He’ll do his service in Virginia which is where Brown lives. A Virginia law enforcement officer told us Brown will be picking up trash, pulling weeds and washing fire trucks.
He gets 5 years probation for FELONY assault — he pled guilty. He’ll get supervised probation. He’ll have to come back to court every three months.
Brown is now a convicted felon and loses the the following rights: To own a gun, to sit on a jury, subject to search and seizure without a search warrant and he now has limitations on travel.”

Yeah, cause washing fire trucks is hard labour. The law with regards to celebrities is fucking riduclous. It pisses me off that this piece of shit coward is going to be at home tonight sipping Moet and laughing his ass off.

tbh if Rhianna is still with him...I don't have any sympathy for her.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

She's not. She testified against him in court and STILL no jail time. Pfff :roll:
enak

Post by enak »

Amick wrote:
mixtress wrote:I shouldn't give a toss but I do. I'm dumbfounded by the sentence Chris Brown got for beating the shit out of Rihanna:

Law regarding celebrities? Mate, that punishment is fucking harsh.

My ex was glassed in the neck by a previous partner - cunt got a 12 month good behavior bond. Because he was pissed. And said sorry. :evil:
"I've never been a fan of virtuoso/performance displays of skill, to be honest; wanky guitar-solos get on my tits. I want music that moves me, not that impresses me."
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

I am checking massive financial models. Huge spreadsheets with massive fuck off formulas.

Boring the fuck out of me.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
youthful_implants

I too am bored as feck today.
Strontium Music

Fents

Post by Fents »

I just had to tip 60 Litres of beer out :( first time somethings gone drasticlly wrong in 4 years of brewing.
deviant

Post by deviant »

what happened?
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

someone contaminated the mix Fents?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

enak wrote:
Amick wrote:

Law regarding celebrities? Mate, that punishment is fucking harsh.

My ex was glassed in the neck by a previous partner - cunt got a 12 month good behavior bond. Because he was pissed. And said sorry. :evil:
Gotta agree. Actually a relatively harsh punishment. For someone with no prior convictions commiting a low-level assault with no premeditation, most people would get a small fine and a good behaviour bond. I'm not defending what he did, but I reckon they made an example of him. Also keep in mind how public it was, that he is now universally hated, and the fact that his career is effectively finished.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Has a lot to do with Rihanna being far hotter than he is imo.
Fents

Post by Fents »

deviant wrote:what happened?
dont know, but it tastes and smells foul. think my yeast regime was not up to scratch.
deviant

Post by deviant »

you gave your beer thrush?
Fents

Post by Fents »

sure why not.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

rub some yoghurt on it fents :)

I LOVE GETTING PARKING TICKETS!

especially from the 'civic compliance centre'

NO I DO NOT COMPLY!!! BURN ME AT THE STAKE FOR I DO NOT COMPLY!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Struggling to cope with the death of a dear friend. Life is fucking short.
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

That's shit Mixy. Dunno what to say other than that :(

My gripe is that I need to get off my computer. I need to go for a walk or something. Been cutting corporate videos for 3 days and it's doing my head in.
mecka

Post by mecka »

life is too fucking short indeed.

gotd is being dumped on what was supposed to be a one year anniversary.
calstro

Post by calstro »

Shit Mixy.
Thoughts are with you.
Never easy to deal with.
youthful_implants

mecka wrote:life is too fucking short indeed.

sorry to hear that dude. :(
Strontium Music

Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Aww that's no good mecka :( Hope your heart heals soon.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

My new boyfriend has gone OS for a month :( Hope the time passes quickly and I'm back at the airport before I know it :)
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

No good mate. Hope you've got something to distract yourself from her.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yup, no good to hear mecka, hope your ok.

:(
Last edited by ghetto kitty on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mecka

Post by mecka »

thanks for the kind words guys. will be ok.
retzie

Post by retzie »

ghetto kitty wrote:- tattoo booked for thursday and the design is not right, been waiting for 4 months for appt and now scared, and never felt this way about any of my other ink.
I say stall - you is sick, which is reason enough. You might have to wait for a new appointment, but surely it's worth it to feel good about it? I don't think I've ever heard a good tattoo story that starts that way...

Hugs for the rest. Boys? Absolutely fucked if I know. I've regressed to not even being able to get replies out of someone I thought was a friend :(
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I know retzie, I just have been trying to do this arm for the last 3 years.
Last edited by ghetto kitty on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mecka

Post by mecka »

ghetto kitty wrote:and word to the boys being fucked thing. Its getting to the point where i have enough fucked up/gutless/sad and sorry anecdotes for a book, but as if anyone wants to read that shit.
I would be inclined to say at this point that people in general are fucked.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Yes, they are. I dont hate on the male race.

but forever after, i am a female. So its easier to feel as if half the world is fucked than all of it.

yaknow?
Last edited by ghetto kitty on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mecka

Post by mecka »

lol. if only it were so easy to just blame one half.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Hard not to fall into the people are fucked mentality.
Work on changing yourself cause youve got sod all chance of changing the world.
calstro

Post by calstro »

^^ Well put.
retzie

Post by retzie »

ghetto kitty wrote:I know retzie, I just have been trying to do this arm for the last 3 years.
finally found a design i love, and its truly classy, art deco and beautiful, and he has drawn it 'tattoo' style, and it looks like
some hawiian flowers with a tribal edge. not it at all.
i have just bought some tracing paper and will spend some time today trying to get it right.
Fuck that off. If he's got the wrong vibe and you ain't happy, get him to do it again/take it somewhere else. Neither are very fun, but you don't want to be stuck with something you hate just to avoid being a pain in the arse.
ghetto kitty wrote:yays to you being back soon and us being able to have a nice ol bitch about things in person!
:blob8:
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Managers are fuckwits.

Cant wait till i have a new job.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Payrise = 2% over 3 years is FA1L
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

sick of coughing. chest and throat hurty. :(
Fents

Post by Fents »

Blaxter wrote:Payrise = 2% over 3 years is FA1L
mate i just 6% over 2 years (brag post i know) but yea tell your company to get fucked. cpi is like 2.5% and you should get that every year imo.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

not being a negative nancy here, but be happy you even have a job.

in the last month my work has copped 70 odd redundancies, all the service staff and some lawyers/admins being forced to work 9 day fortnights and be paid less. pay freezes for most staff except those that got a promotion which were about 10 people

to add insult to this, we got our letters saying we weren't getting a pay increase (not even CPI) and then my two bosses spent that day sending my team emails saying how awesome we were as we made 140% of budget, came second in the firm and ranked first in a massive tender we just put out.

and on top of this, i am doing the job of two people, don't have time to eat breakfast, have 10 minutes to grab lunch and have smoke and then come back and keep working, work late every night, and also deal with a bitch arse boss who likes to rip people a new one on a daily basis. The stupid bitch was ripping into a lawyer tonight because she hadn't finished something yet even though she is working 12 hour days, i had to calm the lawyer down, and then the bitch arse boss tried to go me over something that she thought hadn't been done, but then the client sent me an email thanking me profusely and another Partner in another team did too. stick it up your arse bitch!!!!
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
aroes

Post by aroes »

gotd- not being able to remember the last time i had two days off in a row
Amick

Post by Amick »

gripe of the week - packing one pair of boxers whilst away from home. ewww.