Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mrj

Re: Gripe thread

Post by mrj »

straight to the tenants association with you sir. give your landlord a week to fix it (reasonable) and if they don't comply dob em in.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
amzie

Post by amzie »

Is this an option if you dont have a formal lease?

cos thats the boat we are in!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

:( @ amick.

i swear we should get you a wheelchair n you can party like a vietnam vet.

ive done it, gets you the sympathy vote with the opposite sex every time!

;)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mixtress wrote:GOTD: Saying goodbye to little Quickster :(

:scr1pt: both Squiz and i teared up saying goodbye :( man i am gonna miss him
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mrj wrote:
lpeake wrote:This sort of shit really gets me going. Life is hard enough to begin with, why do some lowlifes insist on making it harder. The world does a good enough job already, we don't need you kthx.
Agree. If it's any consolation I've found life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Hardy was dead.
:scr1pt:

That guy is a complete dickhead. A hot, sexy, brilliantly big-bottomed dickhead.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Lizkins wrote:
mixtress wrote:GOTD: Saying goodbye to little Quickster :(

:scr1pt: both Squiz and i teared up saying goodbye :( man i am gonna miss him
+1. Didn't tear up but yer understand the sentiment.

Godspeed quickles.
mecka

Post by mecka »

also, no true blood ep this week. think i'm gonna cry.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

:( i didnt get to say goodbye. BUT have an amazing trip squirrel,
and dont forget to TAKE LOTS OF RISKS!!

meet you in jappers? shinjuku in outfits?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Hardy wrote:
mrj wrote:
lpeake wrote:This sort of shit really gets me going. Life is hard enough to begin with, why do some lowlifes insist on making it harder. The world does a good enough job already, we don't need you kthx.
Agree. If it's any consolation I've found life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Hardy was dead.
:scr1pt:

That guy is a complete dickhead. A hot, sexy, brilliantly big-bottomed dickhead.

:lol: ahhh too good.
click here fo fotos
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Ive always found Hardy to be very caring and gentle. Not too mention quite accomodating or was that just his bottom.
Last edited by Blaxter on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I fell down my back stairs last night (rain and glossy tiles don't mix). Caught myself nicely but now I'm bruised :? My sister fell down the same section of stairs about 4 years ago and ruined her knee reconstruction.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
calstro

Post by calstro »

Tuesday.....

Sorry... but I just don't like you!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

where to begin?

- my mac died last night, is under warranty thank fuck but i may have lost everything, 6 years of travel photos, all my work, all my words. Im going to cry.

- Connex sent me ANOTHER $172 fine for feet on seats (they were on my bag actually)
I am working for the next two weeks just to pay these train fines now. Also enough to make me cry.

- I just feel like living in this world is such hard work often, to be a good person, keep your relationships loving yet honest, pay bills/fines/amounts just to be allowed to live, decide what to insure, upgrade, replace, work to eat to shit to sleep to play now and then, is this what we all signed up for?

Right now the old shack in the mountains with solar power n woodfire stove is looking pretty damn appealing.

:(
retzie

Post by retzie »

^^ Aw, fuck man, that sucks :( *hugs*

Can has new 'puter and maybe data recovery?

You win today's karma olympics though - you are one of the very few who bothered to wish me happy birthday last week :). Wow, it really is a breathtakingly awesome feeling for the fact to be ignored by the vast majority of people you know :?

Fuck, last week was a complete fucking abortion. Unfortunately, this week ain't shaping up much better...
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

thanks retzie, barely holding it together right now tbh.

glad im winning SOME karma war somewhere as its really not feeling like it atm.

hugs for your birthday, nobody called me on mine either, i guess cos i just got back from overseas, but yeah it feels awful. :( I dont forgets about you in oklahoma!

yes to abortion of a week, last week i was rockin', now im in the fetal position, rocking.
gnat

Post by gnat »

oh kitty kat

push through lady- there's worse things that could happen

i bet you can get your data back from puter. no point worrying until you know for sure

happy belated birthdays girlz!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

thanks gnat, I keep reminding myself that there is always worse things.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

General CBF today:
Lots of boring work to do, house shit to sort out.

meh!
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

sorry to hear GK. hope things get better. Hung out with bestie on weekend aka Pru and we were going through old photos and there was one of you with crazy shaved head and dreadlocks or something. looked mental! :D

happy birthday for last week Retzie :)
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

heh, id love copies of freaky kitteh from the past, pre digital so i only have a few from that ten year period!

my old pooter is so slow that i type....wait for the words to show up.....its like, really redefining efficiency for me.

today sucks.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

The stupid bitch that sits near me keeps wearing these HUGE bangles on her dumb fucking wrists that bang and scrape all over desk when she uses her PC. If she wears them again tomorrow, i'll kill her fucking face.
Amick

Post by Amick »

i wore cufflinks that used to do the same thing. however i always wore earphones at work, but realised how shitty that scraping sound is.

FUCKIN STOMP THEM BANGLES!!!!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:heh, id love copies of freaky kitteh from the past, pre digital so i only have a few from that ten year period!

my old pooter is so slow that i type....wait for the words to show up.....its like, really redefining efficiency for me.

today sucks.

will get her to send it to me :)

Hardy - that is a big HELL NO! i wear bracelets but i take them off when at my computer, they annoy the fuck out of myself let alone everyone else. very rude of her
click here fo fotos
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Almost every hairdresser I've ever gone to seems to love clickity clackity bangles. Drives me insane when they're working so close to my head. It's some kind of importance thing imo, drawing attention. Pitiful.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

cool liz!

i have one more gripe left over from yesterday and then its onwards and upwards.

People who do not have the GUTS to approach you in person in the same room, OR call you, but TEXT you with sensitive personal situations.

GROW A SPINE.

The modern age is breeding a population of gutless fucks tbh.
Amick

Post by Amick »

ghetto kitty wrote:cool liz!

i have one more gripe left over from yesterday and then its onwards and upwards.

People who do not have the GUTS to approach you in person in the same room, OR call you, but TEXT you with sensitive personal situations.

GROW A SPINE.

motherfuckin :scr1pt: GK!!!!
L-J

Post by L-J »

My mother fucking ISP!!

Upgraded to DSL2 and everything was running fine for the first 2 days. Then BAM. Im now running at speeds slower than dial up and i can't get a reason for it. No viruses on any computer in the house. Not capped. Reset the modem about 50 fucking times. And to top it all off when i try and call their tech support im on hold for 45 mins and then get told the influx of calls is too high and they cant help.
The South East Connection-Every Sat 9am-11am GMT+1 8pm-10pm GMT+10
Big Tings-24th Oct With Coki, Loefah, Mj Cole and Zed Bias @ Roxannes
Branded Beats- 6th Nov @ Mercat
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

GOTD = still looking for a way out of present employment.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

L-J wrote:My mother fucking ISP!!

Upgraded to DSL2 and everything was running fine for the first 2 days. Then BAM. Im now running at speeds slower than dial up and i can't get a reason for it. No viruses on any computer in the house. Not capped. Reset the modem about 50 fucking times. And to top it all off when i try and call their tech support im on hold for 45 mins and then get told the influx of calls is too high and they cant help.
what speed does your modem say it's negotiated?
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
enak

Post by enak »

L-J wrote:My mother fucking ISP!!

Who are you with?
Is it just slow or are you getting sync loss (dropouts) too?
My guess is that the recent rain has got into the pit - water makes for shitty connection. Can't do much until it dries out if that's the case.
What will really piss you off is only Tel$tra are allowed to fix it - if you are not with Bigpong, you are way down the priority list.

Anyway, give us some more info - might be able to troubleshoot.
Whirlpool.net is also your friend....
"I've never been a fan of virtuoso/performance displays of skill, to be honest; wanky guitar-solos get on my tits. I want music that moves me, not that impresses me."
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:cool liz!

GROW A SPINE.

done! *waits for photo*

agree re rest of what you said. have this problem at work and have spent last month or so trying to get two people to talk about their working relationship rather than bitch to me about it.
click here fo fotos
Amick

Post by Amick »

enak wrote: My guess is that the recent rain has got into the pit - water makes for shitty connection. Can't do much until it dries out if that's the case.
What will really piss you off is only Tel$tra are allowed to fix it - if you are not with Bigpong, you are way down the priority list.

Not sure if you can blame rain for shitty connection. Unless you have mobile broadband, it was annoying having a connection drop out all the time yesterday. :evil:
enak

Post by enak »

Amick wrote:
enak wrote: My guess is that the recent rain has got into the pit - water makes for shitty connection. Can't do much until it dries out if that's the case.

Not sure if you can blame rain for shitty connection. Unless you have mobile broadband, it was annoying having a connection drop out all the time yesterday. :evil:
You sure can blame the rain. There is a pit somewhere on you street housing the junction terminals to a set number of homes - if the tech has not applied silicone / waterproofing correctly, moisture gets in and fucks with the connection, messes with voltages etc, hence constant dropouts and shit throughput. The tech who comes to fix it will generally just apply more silicone - still does nothing to fix the corrosion, and your sync gets slower and slower over time. Whoever had the idea of putting the things in a concrete hole in the ground should be shot.
"I've never been a fan of virtuoso/performance displays of skill, to be honest; wanky guitar-solos get on my tits. I want music that moves me, not that impresses me."
Amick

Post by Amick »

enak wrote:
Amick wrote:

You sure can blame the rain. There is a pit somewhere on you street housing the junction terminals to a set number of homes - if the tech has not applied silicone / waterproofing correctly, moisture gets in and fucks with the connection, messes with voltages etc, hence constant dropouts and shit throughput. The tech who comes to fix it will generally just apply more silicone - still does nothing to fix the corrosion, and your sync gets slower and slower over time. Whoever had the idea of putting the things in a concrete hole in the ground should be shot.
Not surprised to hear this. Lazy cunts.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Serious Fucken Gripe.
The Council came and visited our warehouse and have threatened to get the building closed down unless we can provide a bunch of permits or face a VCAT hearing.
Sure there was noise here over the weekend, the cops came and admitted that they couldn't enforce anything but asked us to turn it down - which we complied with immediately.
We are supposed to renew our lease this week and everything has been turned on its head.
Fucking spewing about feeling hopeless about the whole situation.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Shouldn't the people you're renewing with provide all that shiz?
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

They rent us a warehouse shell, we brought the walls and the noise.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Spending money doesn't cure sadness.

mecka

Post by mecka »

Amick wrote:Spending money doesn't cure sadness.

Word.

In other news, fuck this shitty existence. Small ups to trying to stay positive no matter what,.
quick

Post by quick »

Gripe - 37 degree heat here in Sevilla and only way to cool down is to drink beer next to the pool on the roof of my hostel... damn

:teef:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

Blaxter wrote:Serious Fucken Gripe.
The Council came and visited our warehouse and have threatened to get the building closed down unless we can provide a bunch of permits or face a VCAT hearing.
Sure there was noise here over the weekend, the cops came and admitted that they couldn't enforce anything but asked us to turn it down - which we complied with immediately.
We are supposed to renew our lease this week and everything has been turned on its head.
That really sucks. however I have to think about the other side here...

From what i've heard the cops have come more than a few times...

the lack of enforceability for the cops doesn't mean that there isn't a problem for the neighbours... also the fact they might respond at say 3am doesn't mean people aren't being kept awake up until then

its likely that from your perspective you have only had the cops around a couple of times, and complied each time. but from an affected neighbours point of view (we are talking a proper soundsystem here) its semi regular bass throb for hours on end, recurrind enough for them to get really cheesed off.

the council has been asked to step in and use its planning/building codes to get at the noise issue no doubt.

i say all this without tying to be a smartarse or anything, or wishing such a situation on you. its a right horrid outcome for sure
gnat

Post by gnat »

how do i get vcat action on my hippies across the road lol

yup BS gotta say- from the other side of the fence.. we love tunes but my neighbours are constantly rehearsing bands and playing big bass until all hours weekdays and weekends and i am fucking OVER IT

has interrupted my sleep and generally meant that there is very rarely a 'quiet' moment when i feel like my home is a retreat.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote:
In other news, fuck this shitty existence. Small ups to trying to stay positive no matter what,.
Oxymoron?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mecka wrote:
Amick wrote:Spending money doesn't cure sadness.

Word.

do you think you will be less emo by the weekend? if so, wanna come photo mission? have crazy idea for Canon photo comp. Must see if it will work
click here fo fotos
mecka

Post by mecka »

sunday? text me.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Getting my bandages changed today as blood is leaking through most of them.

Its gonna hurt like a motherfucker. :(
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

FoundationStepper wrote:
Blaxter wrote:Serious Fucken Gripe.
That really sucks. however I have to think about the other side here...

From what i've heard the cops have come more than a few times...

the lack of enforceability for the cops doesn't mean that there isn't a problem for the neighbours... also the fact they might respond at say 3am doesn't mean people aren't being kept awake up until then

its likely that from your perspective you have only had the cops around a couple of times, and complied each time. but from an affected neighbours point of view (we are talking a proper soundsystem here) its semi regular bass throb for hours on end, recurrind enough for them to get really cheesed off.

the council has been asked to step in and use its planning/building codes to get at the noise issue no doubt.

i say all this without tying to be a smartarse or anything, or wishing such a situation on you. its a right horrid outcome for sure
Put in context though.
We have a 24 hour car wash next door that makes noise at all hours.
CERES which is a few hindred metres away also makes noise fairly regularly.
Industrial zoned area.
We make loud noise every 4 - 6 weeks, so its not regular like band practices or weekly gigs etc.
Cops have told us they prefer for people to be at our warehouse than stabbing each other in the city.
It's pretty serious though.
FoundationStepper

let me put on my noise policy hat...

daytime events at ceres are far different to once a month complete sleeplessness, if that is the case. people are far more accomodating of daytime noise for understandable reasons, particularly if its aligned to a general 'social value' or contribution which ceres can be seen to be.

the car wash is noisy, and might be in breach of its required levels. but two wrongs dont make a right, just two issues someone has

your zoning is industrial, but across brunswick road isn't. sure being near industry should mean you put up with a bit more, but its not the same as actually living smack bang in there.

id prefer a lot of things to being stabbed in the city but its not really the point.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Cheers FS,

So what is your advice in terms of moving on from this situation?

Obviously it was not our intention to piss people off, hence a day time bash instead of the 'traditional' all nighter. Can't win it seems - gentrifcation has the law or policy onits side.
FoundationStepper

hmm i wonder if it is gentrification - if the complants are coming from southside arthurton road, i dont imagine they are the newcomer yuppie types...

if you pm me details of the nature of the council action against you i can have a look and think...