Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Blaxter

Re: Gripe thread

Post by Blaxter »

Just found out that another good friend has departed this earth.
Fucken gutted, and I'm 6,000miles away from friends who knew him as well..
FunkyJ

Post by FunkyJ »

GOTD: Peeling skin from getting sunburnt on a cold, cloudy and windy day...
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Blaxter wrote:Just found out that another good friend has departed this earth.
:(

hugs.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Blaxter wrote:Just found out that another good friend has departed this earth.
Really sorry J. Saw the post on Facebook, terrible news. Cuddles from me.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
mecka

Post by mecka »

thats shit J. thoughts with you mate.

on a far more superficial note FUCK christmas I HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU. STOP FUCKING SHOPPING EVERYBODY.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

mecka wrote:
on a far more superficial note FUCK christmas I HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU. STOP FUCKING SHOPPING EVERYBODY.
unless its for me in which case please continue thnxs
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

We stopped 'doing' Christmas at home about 10 years ago and I've never been happier. We still get together and eat and laugh and drink and be merry but we don't give pressies or have a tree. It takes a load off I can tell you! If I see something my Mum or my sisters would like during the year I buy it for em and same goes for them. Birthday's are still on, but we avoid shopping during Christmas as much as is humanly possible.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

no no, im with mecka....and mixxy...and all the other bah humbugs..

edit - fuckit.

:book:
mecka

Post by mecka »

^
waste of energy being that bitter imo.

the holiday may not be that important to you but it is still a symbol to millions (billions?) of people around the world. just because people dont share teh same opinions in no way makes them sheep.

i complain because of the way it affects my work environment. no more, no less.
Amick

Post by Amick »

xmas carols all day and santa hats don't increase productivity???

gtfo
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I'm not bitter, and who said anything about sheep. But I think Kitty's feeling a little jaded. Cuddles for Kitty.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

mecka - im not bitter dude, im ranting, as in, being silly! :P aint no energy lost here , i gots plenty!

and mixxy - i do need cuddles, but its purely because this is the busisest time of year for me and im getting guilt tripped by people cos i cant make every engagement that comes my way.
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

mixtress wrote:We stopped 'doing' Christmas at home about 10 years ago and I've never been happier. We still get together and eat and laugh and drink and be merry but we don't give pressies or have a tree. It takes a load off I can tell you! If I see something my Mum or my sisters would like during the year I buy it for em and same goes for them. Birthday's are still on, but we avoid shopping during Christmas as much as is humanly possible.
sounds like a great way to go.

bloody consumerist bullshit...everyone just ends up with stuff they don't want anyway, unless you get vouchers, in which case you may just give them money, in which case everyone should just hold onto their own money...
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Kaiproject wrote:
mixtress wrote:We stopped 'doing' Christmas at home about 10 years ago and I've never been happier. We still get together and eat and laugh and drink and be merry but we don't give pressies or have a tree. It takes a load off I can tell you! If I see something my Mum or my sisters would like during the year I buy it for em and same goes for them. Birthday's are still on, but we avoid shopping during Christmas as much as is humanly possible.
sounds like a great way to go.

bloody consumerist bullshit...everyone just ends up with stuff they don't want anyway, unless you get vouchers, in which case you may just give them money, in which case everyone should just hold onto their own money...

lol i think the same way Kaiproject. its like you may as well pass money to each other or something, its weird....but then again i often ask for vouchers to avoid getting something i don't want lol

my family has gotten better, we do kris kringle now. we now save about $400 each, no joke. and we write down what we would like, like stuff we wouldn't buy for ourselves. Which is as good as i could hope with my family, so i ain't complaining too much

Jazz - so sorry to hear it. tough going when o/s as well. *hugs*
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

whole new perspective on xmas now there is a 3yo involved. we are having a great time making a bit of mystery about the whole thing without being too sucked into the gift-a-thon
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

mecka wrote:

Welcome to my brain.

Bad enough that the planet is overpopulated. Then the lucky people who were born in the right country decide to give the economy a boost and CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOAR GIVE ME MOAR!!!!! SHOW ME YOUR AFFECTION BY SPENDING MONEY ON USELESS PRODUCTS CREATED USING CHEAP LABOUR IN ASIA AND PETROLEUM-DERIVED TOXIC CHEMICALS!!!!!

All I want for XmAssss is ownership of the new continent in the Pacific Gyre. I'm going to call it Plastackistan and I'm going to spend the rest of my life binding bits of plastic together and making a massive water-world and when you view it from space it looks like Kevin Costner carrying Whitney Houston in that scene from 'The Bodyguard'.

I wonder if any organisms will evolve to take advantage of the continent of plastic. Seabirds nesting on it and whatevs.

Hmmm.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

watch out cia, you'll get called 'bitter'

:lol:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

The problem is that people are so bombarded with messages like "If you love someone, you'll show them by buying them a Michael Hill necklace", that they actually believe love equates to quality of gift.
youthful_implants

mixtress wrote:The problem is that people are so bombarded with messages like "If you love someone, you'll show them by buying them a Michael Hill necklace", that they actually believe love equates to quality of gift.
I know my wife would be most unimpressed if I didn't buy her a Christmas present.

That would clearly show her that I dont love her (and haven't thought about her tbh), particularly as I earn enough money.

Besides all that, I like buying gifts and I like receiving them. Doesn't make me Jeebus H Christ but I like making people happy.
Strontium Music

Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

C.I.A. wrote:
mecka wrote:

Welcome to my brain.

Bad enough that the planet is overpopulated. Then the lucky people who were born in the right country decide to give the economy a boost and CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOAR GIVE ME MOAR!!!!! SHOW ME YOUR AFFECTION BY SPENDING MONEY ON USELESS PRODUCTS CREATED USING CHEAP LABOUR IN ASIA AND PETROLEUM-DERIVED TOXIC CHEMICALS!!!!!

All I want for XmAssss is ownership of the new continent in the Pacific Gyre. I'm going to call it Plastackistan and I'm going to spend the rest of my life binding bits of plastic together and making a massive water-world and when you view it from space it looks like Kevin Costner carrying Whitney Houston in that scene from 'The Bodyguard'.

I wonder if any organisms will evolve to take advantage of the continent of plastic. Seabirds nesting on it and whatevs.

Hmmm.

lol cia, you would think with your attitude you would not be living in an apartment in the city, with your xbox, massive tv etc etc and instead be living off the land in the bush or something

the consumerism at christmas is terrible, we all know this. why harpe on it?
click here fo fotos
Sociopathic

Post by Sociopathic »

BAH HUMBUG!!!!

Had to do it, eh it's more bah 2009!
Bring me 2010 Xmas is rather over rated, it's much nicer to by loved ones random gifts throughout the year like mix said and it's much nicer to receive gifts throughout the year than pay the over priced markup that happens over xmas.

I also get to put up with a very stuffed butcher at the end of every day who hates xmas as well for the sheer stress it brings for him too.

Blaxter - very sorry to hear mate. It does get easier to deal with as time passes I know that much I dunno how much longer but it eventually does.

Random whinge in here mainly ebcause I know fuck all people in here. I SEMI GOT FUCKEN FIRED AND I HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT MYSELF!!! which makes it even worse, my work is awesome though and is trying to hook me up with another job in a different area but yeah I fucked myself sideways with a piece of barbed wire on wednesday and paid for it.

Kitty I walked past you the other day but was too shy to say hello and you looked really busy, up until thursday I worked in salesforce next to you
The fridge is angry, the cheese told me so.

Watch out for the penguins, they are comming
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Aw babe, dont ever be too shy to say hi to me! I love meeting faces from forums....and i always look busy, its a fine art!

What kind of work are you going to want next?
mecka

Post by mecka »

everything is bullshit.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Lizkins wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:
mecka wrote:

Welcome to my brain.

Hmmm.

lol cia, you would think with your attitude you would not be living in an apartment in the city, with your xbox, massive tv etc etc and instead be living off the land in the bush or something

the consumerism at christmas is terrible, we all know this. why harpe on it?
I lived quite happily without a TV for 3 years. Only furniture was a bean bag and I was quite happy with sitting on the floor. I deal with the downstream result of our dependence on petroleum products every day at work, and trust me, I would be out of here in the blink of an eye if I wasn't actually saving ecosystems and species diversity. When people are completely disassociated from the ecosystems that support them then things get very ugly very quickly.

I thought this was a gripe thread. I am whinging about something I loathe, the results of which are the 6th great extinction. What is wrong with that? :)
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
almax

Post by almax »

The earth plus plastic

Watch the posted video on YouTube.

mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Interesting points of view ^^

GOTW: Breaking out like a 14 year old :?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

true CIA, this is the gripe thread, sometimes i just think it gets to you too much though. i dunno though, your work would def lead to wanting to be angry at the world. i get similar annoyances at work reading coroner's reports on stupid idiots on the road and what they did to cause the accident and killed a kid/s in the process. also i get to see the constant bullshit from government and authorities and what they could be doing to prevent further accidents on the roads or fixing infrastructure (ie train lines etc), but all i ever hear is excuses. anyways, good times aye
click here fo fotos
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Heh, I am actually the happiest I have ever been in my entire life :D

:D

/rant over
Last edited by C.I.A. on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Can you shoot lazers out of your eyes?
Don't hate me for house
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

JAMESSSS wrote:Can you shoot lazers out of your eyes?
No, but I have CH of 14, DEX of 16 and WIS of 19 +++++
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

C.I.A. wrote:
congratulations, you just outnerded almost everyone on melbournebeats!
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

C.I.A. wrote:
Do you have an especially high saving throw vs. toxic chemicals?
Don't hate me for house
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

only if the +17 suit of chemical defence is tapped
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

She would have to cut cute little cat earholes though, could be a problem.
Don't hate me for house
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

Farking housesitters!

We asked if she would like to know how to use our espresso machine, and she said No, she wouldn't use it, then does use it and burns out the boiler which will end up costing a few hundred $$, as user error such as that is not covered.

In addition, she uses half a slab of bonsoy without replacing ANY, and hasn't even bothered cleaning after herself when we got back.

SHITE.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Amateurs.

When we left our last house-sitting gig we cleaned the whole house to sparkling, put a bow on the dog and left 2 x slabs and six bottles of wine.
Don't hate me for house
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Actually come to think of it I think I drank 1 x slab while cleaning, but still.
Don't hate me for house
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

It would have been rude not to drink some of their alcohol while cleaning. You left it there so that they could offer you both an icy-cold one for being an awesome house/dog-sitter. Just preempting a foregone conclusion imo.
deviant

Post by deviant »

My gripe is my Land Lord deciding (after long winded quotation and negotiation process) not to install an airconditioner in my apartment

fail
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Worst day ever.

:cry:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

deviant wrote:My gripe is my Land Lord deciding (after long winded quotation and negotiation process) not to install an airconditioner in my apartment

fail

that sucks dude, your place is like mega mega hot. i still reckon you would be okay with getting one like mine, the sound is steady so you would still sleep okay
click here fo fotos
Amick

Post by Amick »

I can't stand living with emotionally unstable people. Kill them all.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

they may just need a hug, go on Amick, give em a hug
click here fo fotos
Amick

Post by Amick »

I don't remember posting that, maybe I was talking in the third person about myself.

:shock:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

two gripes...

one is that i have a bona fide stalker. i am being repeatedly harrassed by a number of ways of communication and it is starting to scare me.

the other is some people really need to get some perspective. I am tired of being treated like shit for trying to help people, both personally and professionally.

here's to fucking christmas.
youthful_implants

ghetto kitty wrote:two gripes...

the other is some people really need to get some perspective. I am tired of being treated like shit for trying to help people, both personally and professionally.
I know how you feel Bo. hugz
Strontium Music

aroes

Post by aroes »

my gotd is trivial but fuck it, here goes

i wish every cunt would stop asking me if i've "done all my xmas shopping"...........the chick at coles, the guy on the phone at commonwealth bank, every second customer that comes into my shop

fuck off
mecka

Post by mecka »

aroes wrote:my gotd is trivial but fuck it, here goes

i wish every cunt would stop asking me if i've "done all my xmas shopping"...........the chick at coles, the guy on the phone at commonwealth bank, every second customer that comes into my shop

fuck off
i hate to admit it but i've been asking that all fucking day. When you work in customer service on a face to face level and you hate your workplace you tend to settle into a routine of smalltalk. i think the most refreshing conversation I had today was with a woman who came up to me and started with ".... this is all totally fucked".

apologies.
tee193

Post by tee193 »

chadstone, speaks for itself. fargin ell!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

went into the city for a Pieface. Mistake. Completely packed out.