Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mixtress

Re: Gripe thread

Post by mixtress »

wow Kitty, how hard do you wash your hair? :shock:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
FunkyJ

Post by FunkyJ »

quiet roar wrote:Just heard that The Tote is shutting it's doors after this weekend - another melbourne institution bites the dust :(
I haven't been in Melbourne long, but even I'm aware of the significance of this establishment.

FYI Here's the press release:

Tote Hotel

It’s last drinks at the Tote. This weekend.

I know it’s sudden. I didn’t plan it to be like that.

I can’t afford to keep fighting Liquor Licensing. The “high risk” conditions they have placed on the Tote’s license make it impossible to trade profitably. I can’t afford the new “high risk” fees they have imposed. I can’t afford to keep fighting them at VCAT. I can’t renegotiate a lease in this environment.

So, come into the Tote this weekend to say farewell to the sad staff and to feel the sticky carpet for the last time.

I don’t believe the Tote is a “high risk” venue, in the same category as the nightclubs that make the news for all the wrong reasons. Despite being on a rough little corner of Collingwood, the Tote has had very, very few incidents. As a local police officer once said, “The Tote’s the quietest pub in the area.” (!).

It’s not dumb luck that the Tote has escaped serious violence. I believe the business has been run responsibly. People don’t come to the Tote to fight. They come because they have a passion for music and love to be in an historic venue that reeks of that same passion.

The Tote is (sorry, was) an important cornerstone of Melbourne’s rich and diverse music community. It’s too late to save the Tote but not too late to try and save other inner city venues that are feeling the same pressures.

I know the sudden closure affects a lot of people. Most importantly, the hard-working staff that are being forced onto the dole queue. And the bands and artists that have had their gigs pulled from under them.

Anyway, I don’t want to get maudlin (or viciously angry). The era of the Tote is over. If you love the place, come and have a beer with us this weekend.

Regards,
Bruce Milne
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-
Amick

Post by Amick »

^^^sucks tbh

GOTD: Trying to find an iPod Classic Silver 80gb for my sister's birthday and no one stocks them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find one that I can purchase today? (seeing her on Sunday). Her old one was smashed on the ground by her fuckwit partner in a fit of rage...

:(
Gliding High
Location: Little Evil's evil cave, 666 Nasty St, Horribleville

Post by Gliding High »

FunkyJ wrote:
quiet roar wrote:Just heard that The Tote is shutting it's doors after this weekend - another melbourne institution bites the dust :(
I haven't been in Melbourne long, but even I'm aware of the significance of this establishment.

Tote Hotel

I can’t afford to keep fighting Liquor Licensing. The “high risk” conditions they have placed on the Tote’s license make it impossible to trade profitably. I can’t afford the new “high risk” fees they have imposed. I can’t afford to keep fighting them at VCAT. I can’t renegotiate a lease in this environment.

So, come into the Tote this weekend to say farewell to the sad staff and to feel the sticky carpet for the last time.

I don’t believe the Tote is a “high risk” venue, in the same category as the nightclubs that make the news for all the wrong reasons. Despite being on a rough little corner of Collingwood, the Tote has had very, very few incidents. As a local police officer once said, “The Tote’s the quietest pub in the area.” (!).

It’s not dumb luck that the Tote has escaped serious violence. I believe the business has been run responsibly. People don’t come to the Tote to fight. They come because they have a passion for music and love to be in an historic venue that reeks of that same passion.

The Tote is (sorry, was) an important cornerstone of Melbourne’s rich and diverse music community. It’s too late to save the Tote but not too late to try and save other inner city venues that are feeling the same pressures.

I know the sudden closure affects a lot of people. Most importantly, the hard-working staff that are being forced onto the dole queue. And the bands and artists that have had their gigs pulled from under them.

Anyway, I don’t want to get maudlin (or viciously angry). The era of the Tote is over. If you love the place, come and have a beer with us this weekend.

Regards,
Bruce Milne
That fucking sux.
What are they going to put there now, some cunty pizza/yuppy bar like Bimbo's?
Collingwood has officially lost its soul.
Amick

Post by Amick »

No luck on the ipod. I guess money will have to suffice...lame.
deviant

Post by deviant »

why not just get the 160GB instead?
Amick

Post by Amick »

1. 160gb is $300+ (i'm unemployed)
2. My sis has barely enough music to fill an 80gb.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Sooooooooooooooooo over being in hospital, been in since thursday.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

shiz bruvva - wats the story?
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

hope ur ok same o..
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Some sort of bowel infection, should find out what today. Day TV not ftw
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

I thought you were re-birthing to sameoglitch?
Don't hate me for house
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

JAMESSSS wrote:I thought you were re-birthing to sameoglitch?
the secret is out.... Hahahahaha
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

getting screwed again and again by my own naivety by not reading signs that are blatantly in front of me. don't know why i keep doing it to myself.
idiot. :banghead:
mecka

Post by mecka »

sick as a fucking dog. if anybody feels like coming over to take care of me, please do.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Farted in front of work person. :oops: :oops: It truly did just fall out with ZERO warning. Sounded like a fucking duck.

omg. :stop:
almax

Post by almax »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:Farted in front of work person. :oops: :oops: It truly did just fall out with ZERO warning. Sounded like a fucking duck.

HAHA classic, did you offer an excuse?
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

curry cafe in westgarth...don't ask for 'super hot', even if you can handle it you will regret it the next morning...
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Could the last three posts be related? Only time will tell.
Don't hate me for house
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:Farted in front of work person. :oops: :oops: It truly did just fall out with ZERO warning. Sounded like a fucking duck.

dammit LMB, you need a snarted situation. then the sneeze could have covered it up a bit. lol at sounding like a duck. i got busted by my boy doing one of them. He still gives me crap about it. Mostly cos i looked like a deer in the headlights when he busted me lol
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
deviant

Post by deviant »

Gliding High wrote:
FunkyJ wrote:

Tote Hotel

Regards,
Bruce Milne
That fucking sux.
What are they going to put there now, some cunty pizza/yuppy bar like Bimbo's?
Collingwood has officially lost its soul.
great write up and interview...

http://www.messandnoise.com/articles/3847100
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

I feel like shit today too
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

almax wrote:

HAHA classic, did you offer an excuse?
Nope, pretended it never happened!! :lol: god :roll:

Ah Liz, I needed your forethort!! I just let out this big OOOO clearly surprised and bringing more attention to myself.

so funny :smt005 :smt005
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

So it turns out I got salmonella. I don't recomend it.
almax

Post by almax »

nasty Pete, where from?
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

same o wrote:So it turns out I got salmonella. I don't recomend it.
Yeah i have had that. It fucking sucks big time
GO CATS! GO CATS!
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

almax wrote:nasty Pete, where from?
not sure, health department are prolly going to call me, might be a scrambled egg sandwich I had or some food I had last Sunday at a malaysian place in st kilda
kronz

Post by kronz »

same o wrote:
almax wrote:nasty Pete, where from?
not sure, health department are prolly going to call me, might be a scrambled egg sandwich I had or some food I had last Sunday at a malaysian place in st kilda
THey call and ask for everything you have eaten for like a week before, it is a pain in the arse. Then they call you back 2 months later and tell you that they couldn't find where it came form.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Fents

Post by Fents »

some prick stole my backup 6hp motor off the back of my boat. cunts.
elysium

Post by elysium »

^^

The buggers! :x That sucks Fents - may they run into an submerged branch and rip a big hole in theirs

Gripe: irregular design of my loft. There is this low hanging beam we always bang our heads on... you think you would learn but every now and then it jumps right out and :BIFF: smacks you in the head. Walked straight into it this morning and knocked myself on my back. Now have a lump the size of an egg on my head and a headache.

Would have been pretty funny to watch though...
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
mrj

Post by mrj »

were you wearing a hat? speaking as someone who bangs their head on shit reasonably regularly, if you keep forgetting something low hanging is there, then a hat will make it much worse as you will hve no chance of seeing it.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
mrj

Post by mrj »

btw have you considered putting padding on the low hanging beam? that way if you wack it at least it won't hurt as much. just a thought.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Apparently the last show at the Tote was incredible. What a shame to lose another live music venue in Melbourne
aroes

Post by aroes »

i was there sunday night and it was lolz

about a million cops, fights breaking out while the marching band stopped traffic

by the time we got there they weren't letting any more people in. there was a really cool vibe out on the street, but in the end we felt like we were just gawking at a bunch of dickheads getting arrested, so we went to lambs go for a beer

would've been nice to actually get in and soak up the atmosphere of the place one last time

r.i.p the tote
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

grrrr god people are stupid. you buy a policy, you dont read it, you have a loss, you expect to get your money back. how do you have any idea what youve bought if you dont read it? therefore, how do you make the assumption thats its goig to cover absoltely every possible loss you may suffer? And to top it off, its a fucking policy worth $9. Common sense would prevail and suggest your not getting much, cos your NOT PAYING MUCH. :roll:

DERRRRRRRRR. :tard:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

elysium wrote:^^

The buggers! :x That sucks Fents - may they run into an submerged branch and rip a big hole in theirs

Gripe: irregular design of my loft. There is this low hanging beam we always bang our heads on... you think you would learn but every now and then it jumps right out and :BIFF: smacks you in the head. Walked straight into it this morning and knocked myself on my back. Now have a lump the size of an egg on my head and a headache.

crap Elly that would have fuckin hurt an then some. Still have to write back to your email, working up to epic writing of course :wink:

Fents that sucks man, hope they get their arses handed to them in the very near future
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i am wearing a knee length skirt and skate shoes today.
guy in workwear who has been beaten by the ugly stick outside just goes to me

'nice shoes' he says
'huh?" i say
'not a good look' he says
'um what' i say
'stilettos would be better...'

fuck off misogynist cunt!
Amick

Post by Amick »

:lol:

Maybe he has a stiletto fetish?
retzie

Post by retzie »

GK, I think that was your cue for the tried and tested "Well, at least I can change my shoes. Good luck with that face."

I wear sneakers with nice work clothes all the time (although not to actually teach). Massive hightops + pencil skirt = win IMO Image

Oh, and my GOTD: outstandingly incompetent people. I've recently been put on the organising committee for a conference and it is turning into a game of trying to figure out exactly how much of the 'organising' to date is completely wrong. It would have been easier for me to just do the whole fucking thing from scratch! Instead, I have to play 'second guess everything, including the things that a mildly retarded untrained monkey could handle'. And I also have to deal with a senior faculty member having a tanty about me being put in charge :roll:
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i was so shocked by his rudeness i just walked away.

and then asked the bar staff to make him a 'special' drink.

:lol:
elysium

Post by elysium »

Lizkins wrote:^^

crap Elly that would have fuckin hurt an then some. Still have to write back to your email, working up to epic writing of course :wink:
sure did -- I have just spent the last 24 hours in hospital. Went to the GP yesterday afternoon to get something for the headache, nausea and funny vision that hadn't gone away after a day and got sent straight to a&e, who admitted me to a ward. Thank you NHS for my free bed, meals and painkillers. I particularly liked your rhubarb custard crumble.

Look forward to the epic Lizkins :D glad to hear you are training up proper and all, don't want you to sprain a wrist or something :wink:
elysium

Post by elysium »

ghetto kitty wrote: 'nice shoes' he says
'huh?" i say
'not a good look' he says
'um what' i say
'stilettos would be better...'
Kitty retort: 'maybe on you mate...'
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

elysium wrote:
Lizkins wrote:^^

sure did -- I have just spent the last 24 hours in hospital. Went to the GP yesterday afternoon to get something for the headache, nausea and funny vision that hadn't gone away after a day and got sent straight to a&e, who admitted me to a ward. Thank you NHS for my free bed, meals and painkillers. I particularly liked your rhubarb custard crumble.

Look forward to the epic Lizkins :D glad to hear you are training up proper and all, don't want you to sprain a wrist or something :wink:

holy crap darling, that sounds fricken terrible! i hope the boy is taking good care of you!
click here fo fotos
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

TELSTRA!!!!

You fucking fucks. Fuck you, you retarded fucking douche bitch from hell. An hour on the phone to confirm that my phone lines were, as I had tried to tell her an hour beforehand and continuously since, down. FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I had a co-worker lead me away from my desk and towards the tea-room. I was so ready to throw the phone through the window right then. Fix that shit and let me transfer to any company that isn't you already you incompetent fucks.

/rant over
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Amick

Post by Amick »

Fuck you throat infection. I thought I cured you but you won. Now I got antibiotics you are well fucked. Say adios motherfucker you'll be gone quicker than you can say "ner ner".
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

elysium wrote:^^

i fucking hate that more than anything! yours sounds ridiculously epic tho, hope you're feeling better soon.

:smt006
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
gnat

Post by gnat »

boo elly and fents

gripe: day off and sitting around waiting for tradies to do their thing. waste imo
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
elysium

Post by elysium »

fooishbar wrote: i fucking hate that more than anything! yours sounds ridiculously epic tho, hope you're feeling better soon.

:smt006
:smt006 foo! What's news? I am thinking of putting a bright sticker across that beam, like you do to stop birds flying into glass - I'd feel like a real dick if I walked into it again hehehe
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

gotd: racist cunts i work with. so sick of listening to their jibes on a daily basis. :x
gnat

Post by gnat »

lol elly pad it for real

i always bang my knees on my bed bits. when my mum was staying last year i came home and she had affixed face washers with rubber bands to each corner

LMAO. i was like mmm it's kinds ruined the look of my japanese temple bed ma..
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss