Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
apophenian

Re: Gripe thread

Post by apophenian »

:(
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

GOTD: have to move house or go broke, they just put the rent up to a stupid amount! They do nothing, stupid FARK head agents.... You all suck salty ones!

i mean at least pretend you actually manage or maintain the property....
mecka

Post by mecka »

GOTD: GPU in my pooter is failing, out of warranty booo
deviant

Post by deviant »

Charlie73 wrote:GOTD: have to move house or go broke, they just put the rent up to a stupid amount! They do nothing, stupid FARK head agents.... You all suck salty ones!

you can and should contest rent increases...

http://www.tuv.org.au/pdf/resources/ste ... 052010.pdf
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

deviant wrote:
Charlie73 wrote:GOTD: have to move house or go broke, they just put the rent up to a stupid amount! They do nothing, stupid FARK head agents.... You all suck salty ones!

you can and should contest rent increases...

http://www.tuv.org.au/pdf/resources/ste ... 052010.pdf
hhhm might discuss this with fella tonight over some juggs..

they do nothing to the place we NEVER hear from them, they ignore us totally, our lease was up in freakin Feb! it has taken them this long to get around to sending us a new one!
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

mecka wrote:GOTD: GPU in my pooter is failing, out of warranty booo
boo. mine is dying hard now too and i dont even really put it under any stress. it is over 2 years old tho. upgrade time soon then!
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

Phones and washing machines don't mix.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

#1 Fucking cunts breaking into my house and taking mine and my housemate's laptops. So amazingly pissed off it's not funny and now have to scrape money from somewhere to buy a new one. Can't even be sure when it was. At least that's all that was taken - two G11s, loads of computer stuff and consoles were left. Hope it wasn't a scoping exercise. Pretty gross some weirdo has been in my home - and it's not exactly obvious that we have much lying around and/or easy to get in either.

#2 Moved out on the weekend. :cry:

Today fucking sucks, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

gnat

Post by gnat »

oh that suuuucks. khunts!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Oh Witty, thats just balls. :( Sorry to hear lady
deviant

Post by deviant »

witty_pseudonym wrote:#1 Fucking cunts breaking into my house and taking mine and my housemate's laptops. So amazingly pissed off it's not funny and now have to scrape money from somewhere to buy a new one. Can't even be sure when it was. At least that's all that was taken - two G11s, loads of computer stuff and consoles were left. Hope it wasn't a scoping exercise. Pretty gross some weirdo has been in my home - and it's not exactly obvious that we have much lying around and/or easy to get in either.

#2 Moved out on the weekend. :cry:

Today fucking sucks, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.
man that's shithouse

was it at your new or old house?
witty_pseudonym

my [old] place in brunswick (will be back there in jan). shitty way to end an awesome 18 months tbh.

it's just fucked that i now have to use the money i'd otherwise be living off to buy a goddamn laptop. not even sure if i have enough to live basically as it is, let alone with a set back like this. :x

cunts of the highest degree. :angry4:
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Babe! :brohugs:

It would be covered by your house and contents insurance honey! We got ours replaced no worries - well we got a chq for the money and i then used an industry contact to get a better one x 2 for the money of our stolen one....

Could you not get a new one, then when the insurance chq comes can it not be put into your bank account for you??????
witty_pseudonym

no insurance babe. :(
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

oh honey no! did the house not have contents? at all?

oh babe..... :(
witty_pseudonym

nope - been something that we've been meaning to do since we moved in, but never got around to it. the boys took it out last night - $180 for a year ffs. kicking myself that we never did it!!!
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Witty, can you do without the laptop up to a month of being away?

And did I see in past posts you getting travel insurance?

If yes yes, message me :smt003 :wink:
mecka

Post by mecka »

Tash don't buy a laptop just borrow my macbook for the trip. Seriously no point in forking over for something now when cash is too tight. Worry about getting a new one when you get back imo.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

that's fucked tash, sorry to hear it :(
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Finding it hard to study.

Very over it.

I think i want lunch.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
gnat

Post by gnat »

neggggg

contents insurance is defo worth the piece of mind innit. just another bloody monthly debit from your account until you need it

:-(
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Without a doubt, Best $55 i spend each month.

Something I was told about the other day, most contents policies have cover for power blackouts and the food that subsequently spoils. Its only a small amount, so you keep it under the cap the policy allows, and then next time the power goes out, submit a claim for lost food. A few hundred bux back for the year and they dont ask for receipts cos sif you keep receipts for food shopping.

GOTD: Had too much coffee, fucking almost gurning over here
mecka

Post by mecka »

Gotd: im a nervous wreck after a job interview this morning. Came out not knowing if i did anything right. Repeated myself heaps and ive developed a nervous stutter over the last year too.
gnat

Post by gnat »

the state of the world is my gripe

check the news today- page of total neg with stories of teenagers being raped, women stabbed and set on fire on their way to work, kids being offed by their own mother etc.

FFS!!!
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

mecka wrote:Gotd: im a nervous wreck after a job interview this morning. Came out not knowing if i did anything right. Repeated myself heaps and ive developed a nervous stutter over the last year too.
is that for the fitz store??? you'll be right!
Lil MiSbreaks wrote:GOTD: Had too much coffee, fucking almost gurning over here
i was totally munted on coffee the other day, might have been saturday or last weekend i cant recall was so wasted.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

gnat wrote:the state of the world is my gripe

check the news today- page of total neg with stories of teenagers being raped, women stabbed and set on fire on their way to work, kids being offed by their own mother etc.

FFS!!!
Oh god, I was just on it and had to stop :( I lost faith in humanity a while ago and really not convinced it will return in a hurry. Not with this shit going on.

Its funny in the beginning ey Hugh, but then when your teeth start chattering and your eyes are moving around like your having a fit, well then it aint so funny! Contemplating having another one so at least i dont have a downer to deal with as well, :lol: Wish i was at home, playing records is REALLY appealing right now.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

tash - thats awful babe, totally fucked.

my gripe - worst weekend visiting the family ever. my sister is a little self centered bitch, im giving her til 25 to act like this and then shes a write off. I fucking HATE everything about adelaide, never going back if i can help it.

GASH.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

FFS!!!
No it is not good lady.....

I love reading newspapers, but have found more and more to be worried about in this modern society....
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

ghetto kitty wrote:tash - thats awful babe, totally fucked.

my gripe - worst weekend visiting the family ever. my sister is a little self centered bitch, im giving her til 25 to act like this and then shes a write off. I fucking HATE everything about adelaide, never going back if i can help it.

GASH.
:smt006 :brohugs:

I hear you abut your sis - i wrote mine of months ago......
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mecka wrote:Gotd: im a nervous wreck after a job interview this morning. Came out not knowing if i did anything right. Repeated myself heaps and ive developed a nervous stutter over the last year too.

YAY for you for doing it! Keep the faith dude, you can dooo eeettt!!!! :D
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

charlie - worst part is, my dad is recovering from cancer, and we have just gotten to the point where we can talk like adults.
but when i go there, its all her dramas, and he and i dont even get to talk about anything but her crap.
she grew up there, she is sheltered, arrogant, self centred and totally has no idea about sufferring of any kind. I am trying to love her, but goddamn im over it.
retzie

Post by retzie »

Urgh, conference death :tard:. Public holiday today, but not for retzie. Thanks christ it will be over soon. And just in case it weren't going to be special enough, good ol' Oklahoma is rolling out the red carpet for it: 37°C, 38°C, 38°C Image

OMG, speaking of good ol' Oklahoma, I've recently been hearing about its abortion laws (not for me!) Surprisingly, it is legal, but (1) the doctor doing it has to force you to listen to the foetal heartbeat, watch an ultrasound and hear a description of what it is doing/what stage it is at before the deed; and (2) doctors are legally allowed to tell ANY lie they choose to try to make you not go through with it. And this is AFTER having to walk through the crowd of violent psycho-Christians. How fucken wrongtown do these people want to be?? :evil:
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Re: sister gripes. Ive been through it all. Still hve the same feelings about my sister from time to time. But you cant choose your families. Acceptance is really all you can do. Realising that your siblings are very different people to you helps. When it comes to the crunch the hopeless naive fool in me likes to believe that they will come through for you.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

mecka wrote:Re: sister gripes. Ive been through it all. Still hve the same feelings about my sister from time to time. But you cant choose your families. Acceptance is really all you can do. Realising that your siblings are very different people to you helps. When it comes to the crunch the hopeless naive fool in me likes to believe that they will come through for you.
Your soo sweet honey!

Yeah if she ever needed me i would be there of course, but she is deffo out of my day to day - too many abusive late night phone rants for 8 hours! LOL

As i say friends are the family that choose you!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I hear you mecka, and your right.

But im not taking time out of my amazing life to spend a grand in a weekend to visit her anymore, it takes two to make a relationship.

FUCK THAT.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

FFS!!!
you're reading the wrong newspaper!
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
mrj

Post by mrj »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:

FFS!!!
Oh god, I was just on it and had to stop :( I lost faith in humanity a while ago and really not convinced it will return in a hurry. Not with this shit going on.

Its funny in the beginning ey Hugh, but then when your teeth start chattering and your eyes are moving around like your having a fit, well then it aint so funny! Contemplating having another one so at least i dont have a downer to deal with as well, :lol: Wish i was at home, playing records is REALLY appealing right now.
no no no

thats like saying you have lost faith in apples because a few became rotten and killed some people, and then blew up your house and stole your puppy and then ate it.

the thing about people is many are stupid. many are ignorant. many are ugly. many are smelly, and hopeless and dim and have poor penmanship, and are bad drivers, and miss spots whilst shaving and can't cook scones. However most are generally good people.

yes evil people exist. but they are the minority. except in adelaide.

everyone is evil in adelaide.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
retzie

Post by retzie »

GOTD: Arsewipe of a colleague who just got back from a lazy THREE WEEK FUCKEN HOLIDAY, just in time to not have to do anything for the fucken conference. He even had the gall to fuck off home at lunch too, coz apparently he has other things to be doing. Don't worry, that's fine - I'll just not get lunch until 5-fucking-pm, you cunt. Heh, I guess there's not a lot for him to do anyway, what with having been totally absent when everything that is happening now was planned by me :evil:

If you are going to be that much of a swindling FA1L, I don't really know why you'd bother. Cunt.
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
witty_pseudonym

11 hour day yesterday. :tard:
ruined my favourite shirt this morning. :tard:
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

^how?

I am bored of study
GO CATS! GO CATS!
witty_pseudonym

iron spewed black stuff onto the front and when i was trying to get it off with a sponge, i ripped a hole in it. :(
kronz

Post by kronz »

Oh shit!

Get it remade in Viet
GO CATS! GO CATS!
youthful_implants

GOTD I'm 34 today.

Last time I was this depressed was when I turned 33.

Hate it.
Strontium Music

deviant

Post by deviant »

Jeezus alex, just because you should have "made it" 10 years ago doesn't mean you still wont :teef:
youthful_implants

deviant wrote:Jeezus alex, just because you should have "made it" 10 years ago doesn't mean you still wont :teef:
:lol:
Strontium Music

JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Sif it matters Tash, aren't you on your way to the magical land of Hoi Ann?
Don't hate me for house
witty_pseudonym

indeed, but i'm not sure that they'd be able to remake it. loads of detail and bits n stuff n that. it really doesn't matter that much. I'll have no need for corporate clothes until next year anyway. :D
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Just take it over and let the magical hands make light work.
Don't hate me for house
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

mrj wrote: yes evil people exist. but they are the minority. except in adelaide.

everyone is evil in adelaide.
:lol:

hey gripers - i was speaking to my friend today who lives in Arizona, he got done for DUI and is spending six months in the tent city jail for that one offence!

i just cant believe it, another guy i met there got put away for 8 months for a pipe and gram of weed. 8 MONTHS!
and yes, sluggie is mexican and the other guy is black. fucked.

We just have it so good here, we can almost talk our way out of anything. I just thought I'd share, and today my gripe goes to Sluggie, one of the most talented artists I know, drawing currently on packing boxes in the heat of the desert. Fucked.