Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Fents

Re: Gripe thread

Post by Fents »

Fents wrote:brewery not ready to brew on this weekend :(
well that just turned into a massive biggup!
mecka

Post by mecka »

Stuff didn't arrive for me in the mail today. Upset.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

all you bastards complaining about phone providers. im with TPG mobile with no contract, $50 a month for $1000 worth of calls and txt and 500mb internet. Not one single issue so far. they use the Optus network.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
mecka

Post by mecka »

Aye i'm tying up a landline connection though.

Dumplings?>
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

homesick as fuck.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

suxxors Witty. Is being on mb.c making it worse or better? I reckon it's do a bit of both, bitter sweet or something.

GOTD: First dnb tune I fell in love with was Hide You by Kosheen. One LC played it on Future Unknown and I rang him and got the name of a compilation CD it was on, Perpetual Movement. Bought it and listened to it a zillion times, had never heard anything like it, but then lost the disc. A week ago I bought it on the net and I've listen to both CD's, the Bryan Gee mix and the Ray Keith mix. Seriously, the most gruesome mixing I've ever heard. Can't believe I couldn't hear how terrible it was before, almost every mix involves trains. It sounds like I'm mixing it, for serious! Honest to God I can't believe they chose those mixes and printed the shit for sale. Awful disappointment.

Take a listen if you have access. But maybe not, I'm a little bit dead inside because of it :(
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
quick

Post by quick »

Cut my foot open at an outdoor party last night... spent 3 hours in hospital and got 8 stitches, was cut deep as fuck... was going to go to Croatia tomorrow but cant even walk now... stuck in a cool city though, Innsbruck, Austria... but not sure if I can stay here for 2 weeks or until my foot heals, have been couch surfing but i don't want to wear out my welcome and hostels are limited here, and shit... may just go back to Berlin... hrmmm
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
quick

Post by quick »

witty_pseudonym wrote:homesick as fuck.
yeah, it comes and goes... soon something awesome will happen and you'll forget about home, temporarily of course. Traveling takes a lot out of you for sure... but fuck its worth it. I have been living day by day lately, no idea where I am staying the next night a lot of the time... gets a bit scary, but shit works out
mecka

Post by mecka »

:brohugs:

Witty, you will blink and be home before you know it. Nobody else I know has the guts or determination to do what you are doing where you are doing it so i reckon take solace in that.

We'll see you soon.
nic

Post by nic »

im goin to be in berlin this coming long eeeeknd stevie. can carry you
quick

Post by quick »

hahaha... nice one Nicsta... I maybe back there... where u staying?
retzie

Post by retzie »

Is it weird that I don't get homesick? Well, maybe I do, but it's hidden by the sensation of constant burning hatred of this place...

I miss real newspapers. There is nothing worth reading in print here, so my options to get the NY Times are an online subscription (which gets you an electronic replica of the print version), or get the real one sent to me, which would mean I get it 2-3 days late.

Both options are pretty shit tbh. Don't want to have to read it off the screen, but also don't want it to be obsolete. Anyone here been sold on the 'super real' electronic versions?
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Being at work. Thats enough of a gripe to have on repeat
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

mecka wrote:

Witty, you will blink and be home before you know it. Nobody else I know has the guts or determination to do what you are doing where you are doing it so i reckon take solace in that.

We'll see you soon.
word. hugs lady.

my gripe is simply that I miss eating potato. Its so good. I sneak a bite now n then. Oh potato.
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

mecka wrote:

We'll see you soon.
Could not have said it better myself...

We aint going anywhere honey! Will be here apon your return to snuggle you up.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

Thanks guys. Mornings are often a bit of a cunny. Some good tunes and a boogie fixed me right up. :)
Already feel like I'm running out of time when I break down the next few months, so it's kinda scary. Just miss my maties a lot. I want you all here with me!

Thanks for the love, much needed eh. :brohugs:
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

yarr, hope it passes tash - just remember you can always come back here but opportunities to smash it like that are pretty rare indeed!
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

air hugs Tashma, love ya guts, keep on at it though. you are going great guns!!! ....more photos. i love them :D
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
quick

Post by quick »

either my sd card is fucked or the reader on my lappy... either is fucked. I got photos from hungary, Austria, Czech and Slovakia and an amazing festival... please dont be lost... I can see it on my camera so it maybe just my card reader... hrmmm
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Best of luck to Cecil who underwent surgery last night for an obstructed bowel - 88 years old.

Currently in IC.

Keep it strong Pop.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

quick wrote:either my sd card is fucked or the reader on my lappy... either is fucked. I got photos from hungary, Austria, Czech and Slovakia and an amazing festival... please dont be lost... I can see it on my camera so it maybe just my card reader... hrmmm
backups steve. i'd be putting all those pics straight into the cloud and copying them to at least another 2 places.

but yeah, does sound like the reader if the camera is fine.
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

Feigan wrote:Best of luck to Cecil who underwent surgery last night for an obstructed bowel - 88 years old.

Currently in IC.

Keep it strong Pop.
Positive vibes that way go!
deviant

Post by deviant »

huge wrote:
quick wrote:either my sd card is fucked or the reader on my lappy... either is fucked. I got photos from hungary, Austria, Czech and Slovakia and an amazing festival... please dont be lost... I can see it on my camera so it maybe just my card reader... hrmmm
backups steve. i'd be putting all those pics straight into the cloud and copying them to at least another 2 places.

but yeah, does sound like the reader if the camera is fine.
try usb cable direct from camera?
quick

Post by quick »

cable not with me and i do back up, just not frequently enough, alright! :P
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

tsk tsk
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

we have http://www.leadingteams.net.au/ coming to work to scare the shit out of us apparently. gah huhu wtf.
mecka

Post by mecka »

people not calling me back.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

maths
Don't hate me for house
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

huge wrote:we have http://www.leadingteams.net.au/ coming to work to scare the shit out of us apparently. gah huhu wtf.
haha, we had a similar thing at work the other week. thought it was a bit of a joke when they did the psychological profile that had 25 questions, each 'pick the most appropriate word for this situation' out of 4 words. then we got a psychological profile out of that, which told me that i'm a starter not a finisher, like the big picture rather than details, am as much focussed on people as anything else, really dislike but also need close supervision, etc, etc. two pages, all pretty much bang on and remarkably incisive.

jonny's even told him that he talks too much, which is true as he never stops speaking. gold.

oh yeah, and at the end of the day we all built massive towers out of paper, rubber bands and paper clips ... our team won yay.

ps: loljames
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

fooishbar wrote:
huge wrote:we have http://www.leadingteams.net.au/ coming to work to scare the shit out of us apparently. gah huhu wtf.
haha, we had a similar thing at work the other week. thought it was a bit of a joke when they did the psychological profile that had 25 questions, each 'pick the most appropriate word for this situation' out of 4 words. then we got a psychological profile out of that, which told me that i'm a starter not a finisher, like the big picture rather than details, am as much focussed on people as anything else, really dislike but also need close supervision, etc, etc. two pages, all pretty much bang on and remarkably incisive.

jonny's even told him that he talks too much, which is true as he never stops speaking. gold.

oh yeah, and at the end of the day we all built massive towers out of paper, rubber bands and paper clips ... our team won yay.

ps: loljames

DISC Analysis?

we did this recently - quite interesting.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

yeah, i was pretty high I. they put us all in different corners of the rooms and asked us to say what we did and didn't like about communicating with others. the Ss and Cs all had very neat lists, sat in a circle and put their hands up when they wanted to say something. the Is all stood around a whiteboard, talking really loudly over each other, joking and scribbling random shit on there. everyone else said that the thing they hated most was being interrupted, and we had 'interrupting people' in the things we liked huhu.

being a software company, the S/C count was high, bare ocd nerds.

pretty interesting stuff, i thought it'd be absolute horseshit when i went in but was a convert by about 11:30am.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Same here, 100% convert after we got the results

I was the only person in our company that was 100% i

i don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

haha, i was sky-high i, moderate d, slightly low s, very low c. the dude who got 'talks too much' on his profile was close on 100% i.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i'm not really looking forward to it, although it sounds like something ive done before. people here are saying these guys go around all the AFL teams to sort them out. they tell them who they need to get rid of etc and that it is pretty hardcore. will be interesting in a company full of sports nuts.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

I had a phone that could do that ages ago.
Don't hate me for house
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

bugger that, sounds like feigs & i had heaps more fun.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

JAMESSSS wrote:I had a phone that could do that ages ago.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Don't hate me for house
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Why is it so much to ask for a fucking decent practitioner? $60, $70 bux for someone who is apparently a professional, to basically do nothing but take your money. Ive paid money to end up worse than before. And now what to do I do? Try all of them until I find someone who can actually perform the function they claim they can? Fuck off.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

i have done sooo many of those personality work tests. Law firms love the Myer Briggs one, but sounds pretty similar to the one you did Foo and Feigs. interesting stuff and pretty spot on.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

It's all based on the predictability of human behaviour isn't it?

takes a significant act or occurance in life to change these traits.

V interesting stuff.
quick

Post by quick »

i love personality tests.... i always win
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

All that personality assessment is based on bullshit shoehorning pseudoscience.

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®

An instrument for measuring a person’s preferences, using four basic scales with opposite poles. The four scales are: (1) extraversion/introversion, (2) sensate/intuitive, (3) thinking/feeling, and (4) judging/perceiving. “The various combinations of these preferences result in 16 personality types,” says Consulting Psychologists Press, Inc., which owns the rights to the instrument. Types are typically denoted by four letters--for example, INTJ (Introversion, Intuition with Thinking and Judging)--to represent one’s tendencies on the four scales.

According to CPP, the MBTI® is “the most widely used personality inventory in history.” According to the Center for Applications of Psychological Type, approximately 2,000,000 people a year take the MBTI. CPP claims that it “helps you improve work and personal relationships, increase productivity, and identify leadership and interpersonal communication preferences for your clients.”* Many schools use the MBTI® in career counseling. A profile for each of the sixteen types has been developed. Each profile consists of a list of “characteristics frequently associated with your type,” according to CPP. The INTJ, for example, is frequently

insightful, conceptual, and creative

rational, detached, and objectively critical

likely to have a clear vision of future possibilities

apt to enjoy complex challenges

likely to value knowledge and competence

apt to apply high standards to themselves and others

independent, trusting their own judgments and perceptions more than those of others

seen by others as reserved and hard to know

The people at CPP aren’t too concerned if the list doesn’t seem to match your type. They advise such persons to see the one who administered the test and ask for help in finding a more suitable list by changing a letter or two in your four-letter type. (See the report CPP publishes on its Web site.) Furthermore, no matter what your preferences, your behavior will still sometimes indicate contrasting behavior. Thus, no behavior can ever be used to falsify the type, and any behavior can be used to verify it.

Jung’s Psychological Types

The MBTI is based upon Carl Jung's notions of psychological types. The MBTI was first developed by Isabel Briggs Myers (1897-1979) and her mother, Katharine Cook Briggs. Isabel had a bachelor’s degree in political science from Swarthmore College and no academic affiliation. Katharine’s father was on the faculty of Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). Her husband was a research physicist and became Director of the Bureau of Standards in Washington. Isabel’s husband, Clarence Myers, was a lawyer. Because Clarence was so different from the rest of the family, Katherine became interested in types. She introduced Isabel to Jung’s book, Psychological Types. Both became avid “type watchers.” Their goal was a noble one: to help people understand themselves and each other so that they might work in vocations that matched their personality types. This would make people happier and make the world a more creative, productive, and peaceful place in which to live.

According to Jung, some of us are extraverts (McGuire and Hull 1997: 213). (The spelling of “extravert” is Jung’s preference. All citations are to McGuire and Hull.) They are “more influenced by their surroundings than by their own intentions” (302). The extravert is the person “who goes by the influence of the external world--say society or sense perceptions (303). Jung also claims that “the world in general, particularly America, is extraverted as hell, the introvert has no place, because he doesn’t know that he beholds the world from within” (303). The introvert “goes by the subjective factor....he bases himself on the world from within...and...is always afraid of the external world....He always has a resentment” (303). Jung knows these things because he is a careful observer of people. He did only one statistical study in his life, and that was in astrology (315). In fact, Jung disdained statistics. “You can prove anything with statistics,” he said (306). He preferred interpreting anecdotes.1

Jung also claimed that “there is no such thing as a pure extravert or a pure introvert. Such a man would be in the lunatic asylum. They are only terms to designate a certain penchant, a certain tendency...the tendency to be more influenced by environmental factors, or more influenced by the subjective factor, that’s all. There are people who are fairly well balanced and are just as much influenced from within as from without, or just as little” (304). Jung’s intuition turns out to be correct here and should be a red flag to those who have created a typology out of his preference categories. A typology should have a bimodal distribution, but the evidence shows that most people fall between the two extremes of introversion and extraversion. Thus, “although one person may score as an E, his or her test results may be very similar to those of another person’s, who scores as an I” (Pittenger 1993).

Jung claimed that thinking/feeling is another dichotomy to be used in psychological typing. “Thinking, roughly speaking, tells you what [something] is. Feeling tells you whether it is agreeable or not, to be accepted or rejected” (306). The final dichotomy, according to Jung, is the sensation/intuition dichotomy. “Sensation tells you that there is something....And intuition--now there is a difficulty....There is something funny about intuition” (306). Even so, he defines intuition as “a perception via the unconscious” (307).

Jung claims that it took him a long time to discover that not everybody was a thinking (or intellectual) type like himself. He claims that he discovered there are “four aspects of conscious orientation” (341). He claims he arrived at his typology “through the study of all sorts of human types” (342). These four orientations cover it all, he claims.

I came to the conclusion that there must be as many different ways of viewing the world [as there are psychological types]. The aspect of the world is not one, it is many--at least 16, and you can just as well say 360. You can increase the number of principles, but I found the most simple way is the way I told you, the division by four, the simple and natural division of a circle. I didn’t know the symbolism then of this particular classification. Only when I studied the archetypes did I become aware that this is a very important archetypal pattern that plays an enormous role. (342)

Jung’s evidence, from his clinical observations, is merely anecdotal. He talks about the extravert and the introvert as types. He also talks about the thinking type, the feeling type, the sensation type, and the intuition type. His evidence for his claims is not based on any controlled studies. He said he “probably would have done them” if he had had the means (315). But as it was, he says, “I had to content myself with the observation of facts” (315).

Jung seems to have realized the limitations of his work and may not have approved of the MBTI had he lived to see it developed in his name. “My scheme of typology,” he noted, “is only a scheme of orientation. There is such a factor as introversion, there is such a factor as extraversion. The classification of individuals means nothing, nothing at all. It is only the instrumentarium for the practical psychologist to explain for instance, the husband to a wife or vice versa” (305).

However, his typology seems to imply that science is just a point of view and that using intuition is just as valid a way of seeing and understanding the world and ourselves as is careful observation under controlled conditions. Never mind that that is the only way to systematically minimize self-deception or prevent identifying causes where there are none.

Isabel Briggs Myers made similar mistakes:

In describing the writing of the Manual, she mentioned that she considered the criticisms a thinker would make, and then directed her own thinking to find an answer. An extravert to whom she was speaking said that if he wanted to know the criticisms of thinkers, he would not look into his own head. He would go find some thinkers, and ask them. Isabel looked startled, and then amused.*

This anecdote typifies the dangers of self-validation. To think that you can anticipate and characterize criticisms of your views fairly and accurately is arrogant and unintelligent, even if it is typical of your personality type. Others will see things you don’t. It is too easy to create straw men instead of facing up to the strongest challenges that can be made against your position. It is not because of type that one should send out one’s views for critical appraisal by others. It is the only way to be open-minded and complete in one’s thinking. To suggest that only people of a certain type can be open-minded or concerned with completeness is to encourage sloppy and imprecise thinking.

The Myers-Briggs Instrument

Isabel Briggs Myers learned test construction by studying the personnel tests of a local bank. She worked up her inventories with the help of family and friends, and she tried her early tests on thousands of schoolchildren in Pennsylvania. Her first longitudinal study was on medical students, who she followed up after 12 years and found that their occupations fit their types. She eventually became convinced that she knew what traits people in the health professions should have (“accurate perception and informed judgment”). She not only thought her tests could help select who would make good nurses and physicians, but “she hoped the use of the MBTI® in training physicians and nurses would lead to programs during medical school for increasing command of perception and judgment for all types, and for helping students choose specialties most suited to their gifts.”

Others eventually helped her modify and develop her test, which was taken over by CPP in 1975. CPP has turned it into the instrument it is today. “I know intuitive types will have to change the MBTI,” she said. “That’s in their nature. But I do hope that before they change it, they will first try to understand what I did. I did have my reasons.”*

As noted above, the Myers-BriggsTM instrument generates sixteen distinct personality profiles based on which side of the four scales one tends toward. Technically, the instrument is not supposed to be used to spew out personality profiles and pigeonhole people, but the temptation to do so seems irresistible. Providing personality tests and profiles has become a kind of entertainment on the Internet. There is also a pernicious side to these profiles: they can lead to discrimination and poor career counseling. Employers may hire, fire, or assign personnel by personality type, despite the fact that the MBTI® is not even reliable at identifying one’s type. Several studies have shown that when retested, even after intervals as short as five weeks, as many as 50 percent will be classified into a different type. There is scant support for the belief that the MBTI® would justify such job discrimination or would be a reliable aid to someone seeking career guidance (Pittenger 1993).

Here are some excerpts from Myers-BriggsTM profiles. Note how parts of each profile could fit most people.

1. Serious, quiet, earn success by concentration and thoroughness. Practical, orderly, matter-of-fact, logical, realistic and dependable. See to it that everything is well organized. Take responsibility. Make up their own minds as to what should be accomplished and work toward it steadily, regardless of protests or distractions.

2. Usually have original minds and great drive for their own ideas and purposes. In fields that appeal to them, they have a fine power to organize a job and carry it through with or without help. Skeptical, critical, independent, determined, sometimes stubborn. Must learn to yield less important points in order to win the most important.

The first profile is of an ISTJ (introversion, sensation, thinking, judgment), a.k.a. “The Trustee.” The second is of INTJ (introversion, intuition, thinking judgment), a.k.a. “The Scientist.” The profiles read like something from Omar the astrologer and seem to exemplify the Forer effect.

(Note: One reader wrote me to complain that my "claim that any type to a significant extent fits most people is absolute nonsense." Perhaps others have also misread my concluding remarks in this entry. What I suggest is that some parts of the profiles could apply to most people, a characteristic shared by other kinds of readings such as astrological or psychic readings. I do not claim that any profile, taken as a whole, will fit most people. I am not suggesting that one type fits all. Since the various profiles are based on information the client has provided, they shouldn't be telling the customer anything about himself that he doesn't already know. Thus, just as psychics have many satisfied customers because they feed back to clients what the clients have told them, and they make claims that could apply to most people or that most people would want to be true, so too do Myers-Briggs folks have many satisfied customers. In any case, those who read the above article carefully recognize that the main problem is not with the accuracy of the profiles but with the way they are abused by employers and others.)

See also enneagram.

1. For example, to support his notion that "intuitive types very often do not perceive by their eyes or by their ears, they perceive by intuition" (308), Jung tells a story about a patient. She had a nine a.m. appointment and said to Jung: "you must have seen somebody at eight o'clock." She tells him she knows this because "I just had a hunch that there must have been a gentleman with you this morning." She knows it was a gentleman, she says, because "I just had the impression, the atmosphere was just like a gentleman was here." Jung seems uninterested in critically examining her claims. The anecdote seems to support his picture of the intuitive type. He doesn't consider that she may have seen the gentleman leave but failed to mention this to Jung, perhaps to impress him with her power of intuition. Jung notes that the room smelled of tobacco smoke and there was a half-smoked cigar in an ash tray "under her nose." Jung claims she didn't see it. He doesn't even consider that she may have seen it and smelled the stench of the cigar but did not call attention to it.

The reason scientists do controlled studies rather than rely solely on their clinical observations and memories as Jung did is because it is easy to deceive ourselves and fit the data to our hypotheses and theories. Another Jungian anecdote will help exemplify this point. A male "sensation type" and a female "intuitive type" were in a boat on a lake. They were watching birds dive after fish. According to Jung, "they began to bet who would be the first to see the bird [when it emerged from the water]. Now you would think that the one who observes reality very carefully--the sensation type--would of course win out. Not at all. The woman won the bet completely. She was beating him on all points, because by intuition she knew it beforehand" (306-307, emphasis added). One couple, one try. That's it. No more evidence is needed. The truth is that Jung doesn't know any more than I do why the woman was better at the game than the man. Perhaps the man lost on purpose as part of a misguided plan to seduce the woman. Who knows? But Jung is clearly begging the question with this and most of his other "observations of facts," as he calls these stories.

Some of his anecdotes may have been entirely fictional. For example, to support his notions of intuition and synchronicity, he says:

For instance, I speak of a red car and at that moment a red car comes along. I hadn't seen it, it was impossible because it was behind the building until just this moment when the red car appears. Now this seems mere chance. Yet the Rhine experiments [on ESP] proves that these cases are not mere chance. Of course many of these things are occurrences to which we cannot apply such an argument, otherwise we would be superstitious. We can't say, "This car has appeared because some remarks had been made about a red car. It is a miracle that the red car appears." It is not, it is chance, just chance. But these "chances" happen more often than chance allows, and that shows there is something behind it (315, emphasis added).

Again, had Jung an understanding of statistics he would know that what he thinks happens more often than chance allows, in fact happens in accordance with what chance not only allows but also expects.

Dawes, Robyn M. House of Cards - Psychology and Psychotherapy Built on Myth, (New York: The Free Press, 1994).

Forer, B.R. "The Fallacy of Personal Validation," Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 1949.

McGuire, William and R. F. C. Hull, eds., C. G. Jung Speaking (Princeton University Press, 1977).

Paul, Annie Murphy. (2004). The Cult of Personality: How Personality Tests Are Leading Us to Miseducate Our Children, Mismanage Our Companies, and Misunderstand Ourselves. Free Press.

Pittenger, David J. “Measuring the MBTI and Coming Up Short.” Journal of Career Planning & Placement. Fall 1993.

Quenk, Naomi L. Essentials of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Assessment (John Wiley & Sons, 1999).

Thiriart. "Acceptance of personality test results," Skeptical Inquirer, WINTER 1991 (vol. 15, no. 2).
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

haha, every time i do myers-briggs, i get a pretty different result ... i flip-flop between i and e in particular
deviant

Post by deviant »

hate that shit tbh

it's rubbish, and serves no real purpose afaict
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

The Government and more specifically, our 'unemployment benefits' scheme. Apparnetly a partner earning $43,000 a year is enough to cover full living expenses for 2 adults. $21,500 each, per year, to live in Melbourne. This is below the poverty line. :shock:

However, if at 14, I decide im going to start fucking my way around Frankston, having a kid every year, not working and actually contributing nothing to society cept perhaps an STD, I can receive all sorts of benefits. :? :angry3:

So responsible people = Fuck off.
Lazy draining losers = How much do you want? Is that enough? can I give you more?

For someone how has paid taxes forever, claimed benefits for 3 months at 18, doesnt have kids, doesnt get any benefits from the government at all, pays full insurance for pretty everything, and now doesnt even use Melbourne Water stocks, this is what I get offered when I actually put my hand out for once. :stop:

Letters will be written, soapboxes will be stood on. How fucking disgraceful. :angry4: :angry7:
gnat

Post by gnat »

craparse sammy :-(
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Sociopathic

Post by Sociopathic »

*takes deep breath, sculls makers mark, refills makers mark*

GOD FUCKING DAMN YOU TICKETMASTER WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! I BOOKED THESE TICKETS A MONTH AGO... I FIND OUT THATNKS TO FUCKING GOOGLE THAT PETER GABRIEL IS NO LONGER PLAYING AND IT RANDOMLY CHANGED TO SOME FREAKING FUCKING BEACH FUCKING BOY!!!!! THAT WAS SOMETHING I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU LIKE WOULDN'T BELIEVE!!!! My dad was even gonna fly down to melbourne to come see him with me....
I have pms and and am close to crying.....
The fridge is angry, the cheese told me so.

Watch out for the penguins, they are comming
mecka

Post by mecka »

Still have trouble believing you're a female tbh.

:teefnilly:

Seriously forks, that sucks. The Beach Boys are not to be fucked with.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Sociopathic wrote:*takes deep breath, sculls makers mark, refills makers mark*

GOD FUCKING DAMN YOU TICKETMASTER WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! I BOOKED THESE TICKETS A MONTH AGO... I FIND OUT THATNKS TO FUCKING GOOGLE THAT PETER GABRIEL IS NO LONGER PLAYING AND IT RANDOMLY CHANGED TO SOME FREAKING FUCKING BEACH FUCKING BOY!!!!! THAT WAS SOMETHING I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU LIKE WOULDN'T BELIEVE!!!! My dad was even gonna fly down to melbourne to come see him with me....
I have pms and and am close to crying.....
Thats poo :( I love Peter Gabriel and really wanted to go to that show. Communication fail. Push em til you get free tix to something.