Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
deviant

Re: Gripe thread

Post by deviant »

^^^ :scr1pt:

word, I saw an Irish girl for about 5 months a few years back... :shock: :smt007 :retzielikes:
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

mecka wrote:Asians are all good at math tbh
and terrible drivers.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
mrj

Post by mrj »

aroes wrote:amen to that

also, the irish are generally great in bed :retzielikes:
its only so the dirty gyppos can be in your room whilst your asleep then they steal your wallet and such.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
youthful_implants

I got too much work to do. I won't say that very often.
Strontium Music

CoB

Post by CoB »

work sucks...
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

gripe - people at work have been annoying me all week. be less annoying dammit! some people love the drama FAR too much.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Upon further investigation, we have identified that you were overcharged a total of $54.22 between 05/01/2011 and 05/09/2011, due to a defect with your myki. We have requested a reimbursement of $54.22 onto your myki for these overcharges. Reimbursements can take 24 hours to process and will be available at next touch on.

Due to this defect, we have deemed that your myki is defective and requires replacement.
Don't hate me for house
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

haha myki

what a fucking joke
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
CoB

Post by CoB »

Lizkins wrote:gripe - people at work have been annoying me all week. be less annoying dammit! some people love the drama FAR too much.
:joy:
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
mrj

Post by mrj »

15 hour days are complete arses
deviant

Post by deviant »

bike ride to work this morning.... maximum fail

+ my FUCKING roof is leaking again.

:(
quick

Post by quick »

is it raining?

:teef:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

deviant wrote:bike ride to work this morning.... maximum fail
do you have shower facilities at work?

i can deal with riding my bike to work in the rain if there's a shower and a towel at the end of the ride.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
deviant

Post by deviant »

yeah we do... but I had no change of socks or jocks, had to use the hand dryer lol... soaked to the skin.

my shoes are totes wet and my jeans are not likely to dry by home time they are so soaked and really horribly dirty from the road splashback. Got a birthday drinks to go to after work too.. might have to just wear my work clolthes. Hate being "the suit" at a bar though.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

shoulda had a change of clothes :P
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
deviant

Post by deviant »

you mean two changes of clothes
youthful_implants

shithouse. :(
Strontium Music

aroes

Post by aroes »

huge wrote:shoulda had a change of clothes :P
Should've also checked the BOM radar :teef:

Saw a couple of messengers out working this morning. Poor cuntslol
retzie

Post by retzie »

GOTD: Does no cunt have any integrity any more? A few too many people taking the piss at the moment. Seriously, between lying, skiving and generally being proud of themselves for 'working the system', it makes me sick that they are getting anything other than a kicking. In case that weren't enough, really solid people are being sold short, over-worked and taken advantage of while these fucks swan about scot free :angry7:

I wish I believed in karma/justice, but the past has taught me that this is how it always goes :?
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Haters gonna hate...
deviant

Post by deviant »

retzie wrote:GOTD: Does no cunt have any integrity any more? A few too many people taking the piss at the moment. Seriously, between lying, skiving and generally being proud of themselves for 'working the system', it makes me sick that they are getting anything other than a kicking. In case that weren't enough, really solid people are being sold short, over-worked and taken advantage of while these fucks swan about scot free :angry7:

I wish I believed in karma/justice, but the past has taught me that this is how it always goes :?
The ol' "nice guys finish last" story. Depends on what you define as "success" really. if being honest and hard working is one of your goals and desires, then you win. The material appearance of success and "getting ahead" are mostly an illusion.
deviant

Post by deviant »

GOTD: http://www.theage.com.au/world/hp-sauce ... 1k6hk.html

I hope they change it back before I buy my next bottle.
youthful_implants

deviant wrote:
The material appearance of success and "getting ahead" are mostly an illusion.
Indeed.
Strontium Music

fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

deviant wrote:GOTD: http://www.theage.com.au/world/hp-sauce ... 1k6hk.html

I hope they change it back before I buy my next bottle.
that shit is shit anyhow
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
retzie

Post by retzie »

deviant wrote:The ol' "nice guys finish last" story. Depends on what you define as "success" really. if being honest and hard working is one of your goals and desires, then you win. The material appearance of success and "getting ahead" are mostly an illusion.
Well, I could never go the path of suck-arsery and mirrors, so I guess I'm stuck with being the poor fucker who actually does the work. I'm not even nice, though :(

The 'success' in this case may be an illusion, but the freeloading little cunt is still getting the same salary as I am for the next 3 years. Yes, pretty much everyone in the department hates him already (in fact, no-one actually wanted to hire him) but I still have to see his self-satisfied, shit-eating smirk and not punch him in the face.

Furthermore, in an unrelated incident, it would seem that nice girls don't so much finish last as get monumentally fucked over until they go completely crazy. Watching the latest act of monumental retardation unfold (for someone who's not even me this time!) leaves me utterly powerless to understand how/why some people operate.

AND, in fresh gripe news: new housemate has left dishes in the dish rack for fucking days. They are in my fucking way and mean I can't put my dishes anywhere to even get them out of the sink, much less drain. (a) The cupboards form far superior storage devices - some may even say that they are built for it; (b) it doesn't take 2 days for dishes to dry; (c) if you leave them there, THEY WILL GET WET AGAIN AND YOU WILL CLAIM YOU NOW CAN'T PUT THEM AWAY; and, (d) tea towels: motherfucker, do you use them?

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

You seem to frequently have a lot of pent up anger.
aroes

Post by aroes »

retzie wrote: AND, in fresh gripe news: new housemate has left dishes in the dish rack for fucking days. They are in my fucking way and mean I can't put my dishes anywhere to even get them out of the sink, much less drain. (a) The cupboards form far superior storage devices - some may even say that they are built for it; (b) it doesn't take 2 days for dishes to dry; (c) if you leave them there, THEY WILL GET WET AGAIN AND YOU WILL CLAIM YOU NOW CAN'T PUT THEM AWAY; and, (d) tea towels: motherfucker, do you use them?

Argh this happens in my house continually. I realise it's a seemingly insignificant first world dilemma, but when it happens every fucking day it's enough to drive you spare. Since I moved in, I honestly don't think I've prepared a single meal/snack without first having to wash/dry somebody elses dishes or wipe down a bench covered in crumbs and all manner of baked on slime.

Taking the piss tbh. Lol the women are clean/men are slobs stereotype mos def does not apply in this house
mrj

Post by mrj »

Stupid bloody flood levy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I donated $500 when the QLD floods happened, which I feel is quite reasonable. Then Gillard introduces this half baked floody levy, and now I get stung $55. Basically I'm funding the QLD government cap-ex. its bullshit.

Gillard and Swan are without a doubt the most idiotic policy makers this country has had in a long time. Both need to go as soon as possible.
mecka

Post by mecka »

retzie wrote:AND, in fresh gripe news: new housemate has left dishes in the dish rack for fucking days. They are in my fucking way and mean I can't put my dishes anywhere to even get them out of the sink, much less drain. (a) The cupboards form far superior storage devices - some may even say that they are built for it; (b) it doesn't take 2 days for dishes to dry; (c) if you leave them there, THEY WILL GET WET AGAIN AND YOU WILL CLAIM YOU NOW CAN'T PUT THEM AWAY; and, (d) tea towels: motherfucker, do you use them?
I'm in the process of booting a housemate who pisses me off.

For six months, this is her routine:
12-1pm, get up
1-5pm, drink beer while watching tv
5-11pm, go to work
11-5am, drink beer while watching tv

On days when she doesn't work its 1pm-5am straight.

Our power bill is three times that of most people I know. She rarely cleans up regularly after herself - we have come home to find up to three slabs of empty bottles lying on the fucking floor in our living room.

She has zero personality.

The only reason I have let this continue for so long is cos of ... pity.

ah fuck, could explode into a pages long rant, but I wont.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

mrj wrote: Basically I'm funding the QLD government cap-ex.
Yes, because they had a flood.
Don't hate me for house
deviant

Post by deviant »

mrj wrote:Then Gillard introduces this half baked floody levy, and now I get stung $55. Basically I'm funding the QLD government cap-ex. its bullshit.
shit bro... you ok?
mrj

Post by mrj »

JAMESSSS wrote:
mrj wrote: Basically I'm funding the QLD government cap-ex.
Yes, because they had a flood.
My point is that once this infrastructure is re-built it will be private or semi private organisations that benefit. If flood levy money is used to re-build the power grid, will the taxpayer receive an income stream from power companies?? No, the profits will be privatised!

It is the companies that provide the services associated with the relevant infrastructure that should be paying for them to be built or re-built, as they will derive the income from that service once re-established. Not the taxpayer.

And if you are doubtful, have a look at how this government spent money during the GFC, particularly the schools development projects. Public money that went to private contractors to deliver shoddy and useless projects.
mrj

Post by mrj »

deviant wrote:
mrj wrote:Then Gillard introduces this half baked floody levy, and now I get stung $55. Basically I'm funding the QLD government cap-ex. its bullshit.
shit bro... you ok?
dont be a smartass Dan. obvsiouly $55 isn't a lot of money in real terms, but I'm sick of being over-taxed, especially when the money is grossly misspent and mis-managed

Myki - Fail
De-Sal - Fail
Schools Program - Fail
Pink Bats - Fail

I would have no problem paying the taxes we do if the money was managed efficiently and resulted in actual improved services or benefit for our communities. Instead its wasted on bull-shit infrastructure projects that go over time, way over budget, and result in no discernable improvement.

I guarantee you that the money from the flood levvy will be no different.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

So you didn't donate the $500 to the govt then?
Don't hate me for house
mrj

Post by mrj »

JAMESSSS wrote:So you didn't donate the $500 to the govt then?
300 to the premiers fund

200 to ..uh... i think it was red cross or something

The money for both was stipulated to go to the victims of the floods for things like clothing, temporary shelter, food, rebuilding their houses, that kind of thing.

the flood levvy is more centered in the rebuilding of infrastructure, which like I said I think should be the repsonsibilty of the private sector, particularly if they are going to be running it.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

no, i am sure like many other people, mrj gave the money to Red Cross or similar to help rebuild homes for families

i agree with mrj as well, am sick of projects going bust, how much did they spend on myki? like millions! and millions and millions over budget. And its not a full proof stand alone system, you will always need the other met card system in place as well

And we are in debt from the GFC and bailout aren't we? Wouldn't it be better to clear debt than spend money on stupid projects like myki. How about invest in new rail lines that will handle the weather changes in Melbourne?
click here fo fotos
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

They should invest in robotic sentry machine guns all up and down the coast lines, keep them dirty free-ride wanting illegals from touching MY tax dollars. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
mrj

Post by mrj »

THEY DURKAA DURRRRRRRR
nic

Post by nic »

it is a fuckign scam tbh - id be pissed off.
cant imagine that going down well in teh uk or us etc tbh

fuck the ato and the austaraiilias and their over regulation and over taxing and weirdness.

//keyboardbashnonsencialpseudorant
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Lizkins wrote: And we are in debt from the GFC and bailout aren't we?
Debt is not really a bad thing, especially the little amount that we have & we didn't bail any banks out either, that was the US
youthful_implants

I think the problem with privatisation and subsequent outsourcing of government projects such as MYKI, the health service etc etc is they hemorrhage money through poor middle management and over-priced consultancy TBH.

People don't care about the job at hand, because they're only on temporary contracts 9 times out of ten, and whether it succeeds or fails has no bearing on their resume and they get paid regardless.
Strontium Music

Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Hardy wrote:They should invest in robotic sentry machine guns all up and down the coast lines, keep them dirty free-ride wanting illegals from touching MY tax dollars. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

when did that argument come into it? *confused*

Sameo - yeah true, i meant where we all got like $90 each a while back as assisting the economy
click here fo fotos
amzie

Post by amzie »

Heroin I hate you, 29 too young. Life is so damn cruel sometimes.
deviant

Post by deviant »

GOTD: fucking hire car company claiming I damaged their vehicle when I fucking didn't.

tiniest, most shallow scrape on the wheel rim... I'D KNOW IF I'D SCRAPED A CURB
10mm shallow ding on door... DID NOT DO

Both these thing (despite being fucking tiny) are immpossible to see without getting super close and at the right angle, meaning, I wouldn't have seen them at initial inspection when I picked up the vehicle. fucking super pissed off. $380~ they reckon.

I call bullshit, I've hired 100s of cars. I don't own a car and therefore require hire car fairly regularly. I've never been charged for damage in my life. Seriously...

quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

youthful_implants wrote:I think the problem with privatisation and subsequent outsourcing of government projects such as MYKI, the health service etc etc is they hemorrhage money through poor middle management and over-priced consultancy TBH.

People don't care about the job at hand, because they're only on temporary contracts 9 times out of ten, and whether it succeeds or fails has no bearing on their resume and they get paid regardless.
Good point, but I think the main problem with privatisation is trying to turn social services into profit making businesses.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
youthful_implants

quiet roar wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:I think the problem with privatisation and subsequent outsourcing of government projects such as MYKI, the health service etc etc is they hemorrhage money through poor middle management and over-priced consultancy TBH.

Good point, but I think the main problem with privatisation is trying to turn social services into profit making businesses.
Well I dont have a problem with privatisation from an ideological point of view and if they weren't so badly managed then these social services would be self-sustaining but it seems that the bigger projects lose so much money before they're even realised that they're doomed before they've started.

There is nothing wrong with enfranchising local services IMO, I just dont understand why they find it so hard to make them work.
Strontium Music

thedeadly9

Post by thedeadly9 »

amzie wrote:Heroin I hate you, 29 too young. Life is so damn cruel sometimes.

I hear that loud and clear amigo!
I couldn't count on both hands the souls i've seen destroyed.
retzie

Post by retzie »

Ugh, 'honeymoon' with new job is over. Something about knowing it is a total dead end career-wise makes all the work seem fucking pointless :?

Further work gripe: meeting one of the high-ups at work, who had come across as a really solid, forward-thinking academic during various orientation speeches. Well, mebbe he is, but he spent the entire conversation staring at my (well-covered) boobs. Lecherous old shits ftl.

Also, I am sad I still cannot has any friends here :(
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

far out you really need to change career innit.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
retzie

Post by retzie »

^ Would help if I knew which direction to even look. Had a chat about this with an old mate who ended up in industry when I was in Melbs and his experience wasn't exactly encouraging. His advice: "You've gotta try to forget you have a PhD and approach it like you're a new grad." Oh good :?