Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Re: Gripe thread

Post by Lizkins »

retzie wrote:Ugh, 'honeymoon' with new job is over. Something about knowing it is a total dead end career-wise makes all the work seem fucking pointless :?

Further work gripe: meeting one of the high-ups at work, who had come across as a really solid, forward-thinking academic during various orientation speeches. Well, mebbe he is, but he spent the entire conversation staring at my (well-covered) boobs. Lecherous old shits ftl.

Also, I am sad I still cannot has any friends here :(

On the cleavage front. For such a long time i believed that guys i work with would not be that way i.e. checking out girls chests or making derogatory comments. Because we are suppose to be in a professional environment. But they still do. They are generally more subtle about it, but it still happens. I have heaps of meetings with male Partners and i catch many of them starring at my chest. I have just started using it to get what i want. Shit i know, but if they do that, i'm going to take advantage of it

And having brains doesn't account for manners
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Lizkins wrote:
retzie wrote:Ugh, 'honeymoon' with new job is over. Something about knowing it is a total dead end career-wise makes all the work seem fucking pointless :?

Further work gripe: meeting one of the high-ups at work, who had come across as a really solid, forward-thinking academic during various orientation speeches. Well, mebbe he is, but he spent the entire conversation staring at my (well-covered) boobs. Lecherous old shits ftl.

On the cleavage front. For such a long time i believed that guys i work with would not be that way i.e. checking out girls chests or making derogatory comments. Because we are suppose to be in a professional environment. But they still do. They are generally more subtle about it, but it still happens. I have heaps of meetings with male Partners and i catch many of them starring at my chest. I have just started using it to get what i want. Shit i know, but if they do that, i'm going to take advantage of it

Its a state of mind. It takes a lot of effort not to stare at boobs if you have been openly doing so your whole adult life (or even before that). Some guys just dont get how offensive it is.

I said it before but I believe taking control of your optic nerve is extremely empowering. I never stare at people I dont know or even look them in the eye if I can avoid it. It's just too distracting lol
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

youthful_implants wrote:I said it before but I believe taking control of your optic nerve is extremely empowering. I never stare at people I dont know or even look them in the eye if I can avoid it. It's just too distracting lol
im always trying to make eye contact with people. like when walking toward people in the (extra long so it's really hard not to look at someone) hall at work or when in traffic on my bike. boobs are rad but yer it's not massively cool to stare at them when it's blates obvious to the owner you're doing so.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

retzie wrote:^ Would help if I knew which direction to even look. Had a chat about this with an old mate who ended up in industry when I was in Melbs and his experience wasn't exactly encouraging. His advice: "You've gotta try to forget you have a PhD and approach it like you're a new grad." Oh good :?
well it just seems to me that the last... many many years i have seen you post in the gripe thread about your working situation that it is just not agreeing with you. i would totally be trying to do something else by now! i spend a lot of time considering different income streams. for instance becoming an apiarist has recently piqued my interest. could be a goer? endless honey supply. mmmmm honey.
youthful_implants

huge wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:I said it before but I believe taking control of your optic nerve is extremely empowering. I never stare at people I dont know or even look them in the eye if I can avoid it. It's just too distracting lol
im always trying to make eye contact with people. like when walking toward people in the (extra long so it's really hard not to look at someone) hall at work or when in traffic on my bike. boobs are rad but yer it's not massively cool to stare at them when it's blates obvious to the owner you're doing so.
I'm not talking about people I know, at work for example, but on the street mainly. I'm just not interested in strangers who will remain strangers, at all. Maybe I protest too much but its out of habit from growing up in London I would imagine.
Strontium Music

youthful_implants

huge wrote:
retzie wrote:^ Would help if I knew which direction to even look. Had a chat about this with an old mate who ended up in industry when I was in Melbs and his experience wasn't exactly encouraging. His advice: "You've gotta try to forget you have a PhD and approach it like you're a new grad." Oh good :?
well it just seems to me that the last... many many years i have seen you post in the gripe thread about your working situation that it is just not agreeing with you. i would totally be trying to do something else by now! i spend a lot of time considering different income streams. for instance becoming an apiarist has recently piqued my interest. could be a goer? endless honey supply. mmmmm honey.
lol I was wondering what an apiarist was for a second. I thought it might be come kind of bush pruner like a topiarist.
Strontium Music

huge
old boy

Post by huge »

oh i don't know these people at work, mostly cos they try to avoid eye contact with me at any cost therefore i never get to say hello to them.

i find most people are completely bonkers and i need to make eye contact with them to stop them from being so bonkers that it affects me by running into them on the footpath or while they jaywalk in front of me on the bike etc. when you make eye contact it's like it pops them out of their "i'm an unpredictably bonkers person" bubble back into reality and common sense.

sometimes that backfires tho cos when they suddenly realize they've walked into the middle of the road they freak out and stop, then you do run into them cos where they _were_ is suddenly where they _still are_.

i think i might be a bit weird tho.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

huge wrote:boobs are rad but yer it's not massively cool to stare at them when it's blates obvious to the owner you're doing so.
words of wisdom.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

youthful_implants wrote:
Lizkins wrote:

Its a state of mind. It takes a lot of effort not to stare at boobs if you have been openly doing so your whole adult life (or even before that). Some guys just dont get how offensive it is.

I said it before but I believe taking control of your optic nerve is extremely empowering. I never stare at people I dont know or even look them in the eye if I can avoid it. It's just too distracting lol
I used to think this way, but now I just say fuck it, life's too short to not look at ripe melons.
mecka

Post by mecka »

[pisstake]I say if evolution had not intended for boobs to be looked at then a) there shouldn't have been hardwired male instinct to find them attractive and b) evolution should not have given me eyes.

However, I could totally understand how it'd bruise my ego if women walked around all day staring at my package.[/pisstake]

Seriously though, I can understand the whole anti-objectifying/pro-respect for women thing but its an interesting question as to why the same stigma is not associated with perving on the male form.

No offense intended towards anyone, looking to create constructive and interesting discourse for once. Will resume posting cat pictures shortly.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

lolz
mecka

Post by mecka »

Excellent.
youthful_implants

huge wrote:oh i don't know these people at work, mostly cos they try to avoid eye contact with me at any cost therefore i never get to say hello to them.

i find most people are completely bonkers and i need to make eye contact with them to stop them from being so bonkers that it affects me by running into them on the footpath or while they jaywalk in front of me on the bike etc. when you make eye contact it's like it pops them out of their "i'm an unpredictably bonkers person" bubble back into reality and common sense.

sometimes that backfires tho cos when they suddenly realize they've walked into the middle of the road they freak out and stop, then you do run into them cos where they _were_ is suddenly where they _still are_.

i think i might be a bit weird tho.
:lol:

yeah I guess if you're cycling you need to be doubly aware of where everyone is. and them of you. airhorn?
Strontium Music

retzie

Post by retzie »

huge wrote:well it just seems to me that the last... many many years i have seen you post in the gripe thread about your working situation that it is just not agreeing with you. i would totally be trying to do something else by now! i spend a lot of time considering different income streams. for instance becoming an apiarist has recently piqued my interest. could be a goer? endless honey supply. mmmmm honey.
Yeah, part of it is just me having a whinge and part of it is mebbe that it isn't really working/is chronically borken. The new job fixes the 'living in a shithole' issue, but unfortunately concedes this one:
retzie wrote:a total dead end career-wise
When I accepted it, I knew it was more of a bit of breathing space to figure out wtf to do next than an actual option in itself. The plan is to be out in 2 years max. Still have no idea what I'll do instead though. Morally opposed to all the standard things (bank, DSTO, etc.) but whatever - if I have to go back to admin I will.

As for sneaky glances at boobs - I don't really give a fuck and for the most part don't notice. I mean, I'm in front of rooms of 19 year old boys for most of the day! I more have an issue when you're having a serious discussion with someone who is at least feigning interest in what you are saying and they make a big point of eye contact for the 30% of the time when they aren't looking at your tits. I mean fuck - yer shooting yerself in the foot, man! The fact his wife was standing next to him for half of it and rolling her eyes makes me think he's a serial offender.
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
youthful_implants

retzie wrote: As for sneaky glances at boobs - I don't really give a fuck and for the most part don't notice. I mean, I'm in front of rooms of 19 year old boys for most of the day! I more have an issue when you're having a serious discussion with someone who is at least feigning interest in what you are saying and they make a big point of eye contact for the 30% of the time when they aren't looking at your tits. I mean fuck - yer shooting yerself in the foot, man! The fact his wife was standing next to him for half of it and rolling her eyes makes me think he's a serial offender.
Strontium Music

JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

You should have been all like "I know what you're thinking mate, and it is a nice rack eh?"
Don't hate me for house
deviant

Post by deviant »

with all due respect, you do have a pretty nice rack. :retzielikes:
mecka

Post by mecka »

deviant wrote:with all due respect, you do have a pretty nice rack. :retzielikes:
... and you get all worked up over the word "faggot" lulz
deviant

Post by deviant »

ummm, I'm failing to see the comparrison.
youthful_implants

deviant wrote:with all due respect, you do have a pretty nice rack. :retzielikes:
Strontium Music

Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mecka wrote:[pisstake]I say if evolution had not intended for boobs to be looked at then a) there shouldn't have been hardwired male instinct to find them attractive and b) evolution should not have given me eyes.

However, I could totally understand how it'd bruise my ego if women walked around all day staring at my package.[/pisstake]

Seriously though, I can understand the whole anti-objectifying/pro-respect for women thing but its an interesting question as to why the same stigma is not associated with perving on the male form.

No offense intended towards anyone, looking to create constructive and interesting discourse for once. Will resume posting cat pictures shortly.

generally females don't check out guys in front of other guys, or make comments. unless the females sees that guy as like a girlfriend, like i see you. cos you my best gal pal. so i can comment on hot guys with you

good conversation this
click here fo fotos
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Lizkins wrote:
mecka wrote:[pisstake]I say if evolution had not intended for boobs to be looked at then a) there shouldn't have been hardwired male instinct to find them attractive and b) evolution should not have given me eyes.

generally females don't check out guys in front of other guys, or make comments. unless the females sees that guy as like a girlfriend, like i see you. cos you my best gal pal. so i can comment on hot guys with you

good conversation this
Ollie also wears a bra sometimes. I've seen it.
youthful_implants

So do I!
Strontium Music

nic

Post by nic »

i am owed teh annoyingly not small nor large sum of 40 quid by someone i dont know that well
he is skipping my calls and texts
wanker - i made it clear this was a loan for the night and not a fucking gift..

need that cash now.

fat wanker is going to pay

grizzle

never lend money to fat wankers who earn loads etc
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

i'll get the e1 mandem round his house
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
youthful_implants

mi jooks man fe less than 50p ya nah
Strontium Music

JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

2nd world problems?
Don't hate me for house
youthful_implants

pahahahaha
Strontium Music

Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

F**K!!!!!!!!!!!

man i am pissed off at the moment, jeebus people shit me sometimes
click here fo fotos
youthful_implants

why?
Strontium Music

Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

sorry, was just pissed. Had one mate just bail on me tonight so plans killed as a result and then other friends organising something on the same night as the opening for the exhibition. All sorted now, but it was just one thing after another and i was like - wtf? get a bit shitty with people bailing especially last minute
click here fo fotos
deviant

Post by deviant »

GOTD: people who come to work and sit there all day with a gross sounding wet phlegmy cough. As well as doing it into their hands... mental note: do not touch anything this person may have come in contact with... oh that's right, that's IMPOSSIBLE when you work in the same building.

merrrrrrr
nic

Post by nic »

taek a reverse sicky dan
where you stay home as you dont want 2 people sick
CoB

Post by CoB »

thats awesome
*ring ring* hey, what's up?
oh, i was just seeing if you were at work today, that's great, and you still sound sick.. so... you're too sick for me to work today, bye!
*hang up*+ what the hell???

but i am kind of regretting putting my decks in the lounge room hey...
i just got home from work about an hour ago, thought i would eat some food and have a mix while my housemate was playing games... even, while i was eating i explained to him i was going to have a mix after i finished eating... but pretty much when i put the bowl down he said "oh, i thought we could watch something, you said you were going to hvae a mix, but you didnt... so lets watch something.." fuck you man
fuck you very much...
and then any time i do have a mix they are playing games on the projector and running the sound through my mixer, so it is impossible for me to record anything because there is all sorts of game noises and 12 year olds talking shit...

*deep breath*
seriously sick of this house... have been for a while, dont have a clue why i stay..

+that's whats up! huhu, hang up, whats up.. unintentional moron... *cough*

EDIT: (for the sake of not ruining mecka's thread)
"We're not gross manly men but having a house of bros is not something we are interested in."

this is something that pissed me off about this guy... (there are 3 of us, the other guys is ok, i wouldnt mind kicking moron out and getting someone else but i dont think he will leave)
he is pretty much a gross manly man, and pretty much said "i dont want to have a girl living here, because they suck" or some shit and it pissed me off cos he is disgusting and not having a girl in the house is pretty much his excuse for acting like a slob and never cleaning anything ever... cos a girl isnt going to see it or some shit i dont even know... im rambling now
i want to murder myself
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

lol cob. sounds like you should move out!
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

I would probably go with moving out over murdering yourself.
Don't hate me for house
youthful_implants

move out and kill him before you leave.
Strontium Music

CoB

Post by CoB »

all of these are nice thoughts...
deviant

Post by deviant »

There's a faulty security door only 5 meters from my desk that has been FUCKING BEEPING INCESSANTLY for THREE FUCKING DAYS STRAIGHT.. My boss reckons there's nothing he can do and it will get fixed when it gets fixed... FUCK THIS
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

deviant wrote:There's a faulty security door only 5 meters from my desk that has been FUCKING BEEPING INCESSANTLY for THREE FUCKING DAYS STRAIGHT.. My boss reckons there's nothing he can do and it will get fixed when it gets fixed... FUCK THIS
Kick the door until it stops beeping, then cut off your bosses head and wear it as a hat whilst gunning down your co-workers, then when the police show up, open fire until they are forced to kill you.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

LOL
CoB

Post by CoB »

oh shit nice
youthful_implants

bahahahaha
Strontium Music

deviant

Post by deviant »

feel like doing that tbh
retzie

Post by retzie »

CoB, the answer is clear: you must become Christian Rock housemate. Mixing song after God's song with a beatific smile, possibly singing along to the good bits. Bibles after.

Do it.

Dan, I dare you to stick your socks in your ears and keep working totally deadpan.
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
thedeadly9

Post by thedeadly9 »

gotd. being diagnosed with Trichotillomania and Onychophagia. yay for me.
basically i have ocd causing me to bite nails and pull hair..just a shame it has to be my own :)
CoB

Post by CoB »

i dont think i will do this retzie... he might like it...

but seriously it is making me feel shitty at work too
and i am getting all angry and shit when i shouldnt be...
making people who i am ok with think i am some kind of nut or something
*shrugs*
i need to move...
yup
it is true
CoB

Post by CoB »

i was going to rant about something else first, but then I got distracted by the fact that i was the last person who posted in this thread and i thought
"shit, dont you hate it when you really need to rant, but then you go to rant in the rant thread and you think,
'shit?! maybe i rant too much, I mean everyone else can contain their rants a bit, and they probably think,
[shit!!! that CoB guy really does like to rant, I mean half his posts don't even make sense anyway, he is probably thinking
{SHIT! I don't really know what I want to say, but i just say words anyway so that I have said them because that makes me feel brains, but sometimes my brains think
(shit!!! no, seriously, you probably need to shit, because I think your mouth is thinking
-shit, and stuff and other things and you know, as a mouth i don't really think- and other useless crap like that, but anyway you probably should try and figure out how to get out of this mess) but it doesn't really matter what words i use because this thinking is how i think you think i think, so words and such!!!} and then this is just how I think you think which probably is by using much better grammar than I use, which is difficult, because my grammar is only capable up to my standard good sir normal speech] but really I doubt anyone thinks that because I have more faith in humanity than to think of such drivel!!!' but my faith in myself is quite low, so I imagine me saying such things a lot, so then after the imagining comes the actual saying" anyway, I would probably just disregard this post and imagine I never said anything.
that is if anyone actually read it, which i doubt...
ps. I never actually had anything to rant about, I was just disappointed nobody else did...
youthful_implants

:lol: better out than in mate, as my grandma used to say.
Strontium Music