Election 2010

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Re: Election 2010

Post by Charlie73 »

One point i would like to note:

Not a single party to my knowledge has actually spoken about how they will fix the disasterous housing situation we are in.
What steps is any party going to take to fix the fact that there are generations that will never afford to buy their own home? Unless they live with their parents until they are 40??
Melbourne is soon to out do Sydney as the most unaffrodable city in this country, which would rank us pretty high on the world stage, now i adore Melbourne but shit me people the city is not that fantastic - not by a long shot.
When your average couple, on average wages, with little to no household debt can still not afford to buy in this city, it shows one thing the system is broken...

P.S Kronz - the gay rights rally, i was there, and spent many a year in my youth (when i had more time on my hands) at many a rally, council meeting etc... Just because it is not discussed on here doesn't mean we aint doing it...

I will note however that for all my active ways to affect change, i am still in a situation where NONE of the parties even come close to representing me.... NONE.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

wierd. i posted here saying similar things ruthie, and my post is gone!

hmmmm. wtf.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

OMG i thought it was me! I saw your name there and could not find your post!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

the interwebs is stopping us from discussion kronz!!!

it edits out so there is only :teef: left!!!!
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

I posted too but thought i was a retard and didnt submit. :lol: im sure I did.
manofunreal

Post by manofunreal »

I just wrote a response to kronz but then when I click Submit it asked me to login and when I logged in it was all gone... Will try again later.
Charlie73 wrote:One point i would like to note:
Not a single party to my knowledge has actually spoken about how they will fix the disasterous housing situation we are in.
What steps is any party going to take to fix the fact that there are generations that will never afford to buy their own home? Unless they live with their parents until they are 40??
Melbourne is soon to out do Sydney as the most unaffrodable city in this country, which would rank us pretty high on the world stage, now i adore Melbourne but shit me people the city is not that fantastic - not by a long shot.
When your average couple, on average wages, with little to no household debt can still not afford to buy in this city, it shows one thing the system is broken...
You're spot on there Charlie! I haven't heard anything from anyone about that either. Too hard basket
FunkyJ

Post by FunkyJ »

kronz wrote:No, what i am saying is that if you feel so strongly about it, why not get up and do something about it.
I need to ask too - have you personally known any politicians?

I mean on a level more than "I went to school with that dude" or "I swear that "Christian family values" dude once fucked my gay flatmate" kind of way.

Honestly, and regardless of your political leanings, what do you think joining a political party would achieve?

Do you think you could have any impact on their attitude towards any policy? What if you disagree with them?
Charlie73 wrote:I will note however that for all my active ways to affect change, i am still in a situation where NONE of the parties even come close to representing me.... NONE.
This is precisely my point. And I think there are more people like Charlie in Australia than those who feel they are represented by a party.
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-
Brain

Post by Brain »

Charlie73 wrote: i am still in a situation where NONE of the parties even come close to representing me.... NONE.
Australian Sex Party?
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

I wish I lived in Braddon in Tassie so I could've voted for Sid Sidebottom.
mrj

Post by mrj »

i cannot describe how disgusted i am at channel 9 and their coverage of the election results

the media can do what they like during the campaign (within reason) but I believe they have a responsibility to present the results without agenda. instead on channel 9 we have a panel of complete cockheads pursuing persoanl political agendas being moderated by half wits (with the exception of good ole Laurie who for some unknown reason is letting this circus continue).

a sad state of affairs and Channel 9 should be fucking fined for allowing to happen at all let alone not turning it off when it got out of control.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
CoB

Post by CoB »

state of origin?
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

abc coverage is much better

looks like a hung parliament, lib gets the popular probably

its going to go down to arrangements with independents, most of whom are conservative

i think theres also a point about who the gg will ask to form government and its not automatic as we saw in tassie state election

historic for greens in house of reps, means new things will be introduced to parliament. that wyattt 20yo liberal got in, which regardless of his politics is pretty fucking legendary

australia will get what it deserves regardless, unfortunately
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

nick minchin and stephen smith on abc are at least respectful to each other, not much sniping of party political slogans

going to bed its going to take a week or more to settle

i think libs are going to have more seats outright though
CoB

Post by CoB »

-___-
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

great result for melbourne. shame about the rest of the country really.

tony abbott is a bigoted sock puppet, I'm really not looking forward to seeing more of him.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
FunkyJ

Post by FunkyJ »

WOOT!

No one is in power!

Chaos and anarchy here we come!

/goes out to loots shoes and TVs
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

FunkyJ wrote:The machine will never break.

The only way to change it is to smash it to pieces.

Even when you smash it, there's a bloody good chance you'll make another machine just like the one you smashed.

So we can never win. Although it's fun to smash things.
I like you J, you got vision.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
kiss & tell

Post by kiss & tell »

can't we just give this to abbott and get the country back on track like the good old days with howard?
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

:roll:
retzie

Post by retzie »

Bit slow, but I agree with Kronz. Mind you, I read his posts as having a go at the non-voters - discussion, critical or otherwise, is a hugely valuable part of the system.

Having been part of small-scale 'democratic' systems (unions, university collegial decision-making,) I've gotta ask: have people ever actually tried to broker a deal between militantly different groups? The reason for the boring anodyne political parties we have is that the middle ground is the only possible place to find anything approaching acceptable to the two extremes. It's a curiously levelling experience to actually learn about all the stakeholders in any given situation - it is very easy to be an armchair critic and make calls that would totally fuck half the people involved without ever knowing.

For the 'smash the system' peeps - have you talked to a redneck fuck recently? How do they fit into your plan, without being utterly subjugated? Or do you plan for warring factions?? Just because you believe in your Utopia, doesn't mean anyone else does or will fit into it. Who is to decide whose is best? Personally, I will put up with all the lame duck politics if it means those cunts don't get their Utopia.
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

a hung parliament and the balance of power most likely with mad bob katter and his loony friends.

for everyone who donkey voted, thanks so much. time to move countries, i reckon.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

DBOY's election notes:
1. Don't fuck with Queenslanders
2. If you act independently of everyone else, once a lifetime you might get to decide something. But that something will be really important.
3. If you believe in something really important, like the environment, it won't matter what else you believe in because in the end, people are single minded enough to only care about single issues.
4. Negativity breeds negativity.
5. People will not blindly follow forever, eventually they will seek something more than empty promises - this gives me hope.
6. Real leaders are few and far between.

DBOY's summary of the powerful 3
1. "HEY I TOLD YOU'SE THAT MY TIME WOULD COME - NOW, WHAT I WANTED TO SAY WAS... COUNTRY PEOPLES MATTER"
2. "OUR SYSTEM IS FAILING, WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT"
3. "I WASN'T REALLY INDEPENDENT BY CHOICE, ITS JUST NO ONE WANTED ME, NOW, UMMMM, I THINK I NEED SOME ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO".
flippo

Post by flippo »

I think Bob Katter would have most of Queensland a sea of sugar cane if he had his way but from a few things he's said it appears he has at least taken the step to accept climate change.

Don't know much about the other guys though.

At least Andrew Wilkie is a man of obvious integrity and has genuinely good intentions.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Bob Katter appears to be pretty insane.
Don't hate me for house
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

he's a nutcase, yeah. but all he really wants is cheaper tractors and then he'll shut up, so it's not too bad really.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Don't hate me for house
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

system wrote:a hung parliament and the balance of power most likely with mad bob katter and his loony friends.

for everyone who donkey voted, thanks so much. time to move countries, i reckon.
this.

what a farce.

:roll: @ the 2010 election.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

http://www.vimeo.com/7191888
Bob Catter wrote: Mr Acting Speaker, if you imagine this entire roof above us here as an illuminating neon light or an illuminating light. And we got four of those clocks. And we put them on the roof. And we said no light will illuminate this room, because we put those clocks up there. And that is what you are saying with global warming.
There hasn't been one single Neron of scientific contribution in any of the debate up to date. And I've been listening to all the speeches. I mean please fullas just do a little bit of science and think about it. Four clocks, and this huge roof is gonna stop the room from illuminating?
Don't hate me for house
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

amazing.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Bob Catter wrote: I had to spend a bit of time in Sydney Mr Speaker. There were five taxi drivers there,they seemed to be local blokes in Sydney. And I asked them what people talk about in their taxis. And they said jobs mate, people are scared. And I said "What about carbon?" And two of the eight asked me what carbon was. And the other two said (laughing) 'No! nobody's worried about that!!"
Don't hate me for house
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Mad yarns tbh.
Don't hate me for house
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Brain wrote:
Charlie73 wrote: i am still in a situation where NONE of the parties even come close to representing me.... NONE.
Australian Sex Party?
bwahahaha

they speak for me more than Coalition or Labour..

ELECTION FARKIN FAIL!

I hear ya System - hhmm now where do i want to live next? Perhaps a move back to Thailand, or a cheeky few years on Vietnam might do the trick...
deviant

Post by deviant »

Thailand doesn't have any political issues... good option :tard:
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

best tweet ever? :
RT @GruenHQ In case you missed it: @oldspice Hello Australia. Look at your Parliament, now back at me. Sadly, it isn't me, but it is hung like me.

GO GREENS!
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

deviant wrote:Thailand doesn't have any political issues... good option :tard:
being that i have already lived in Thailand and my step father has been there over 12 years... yeah i kinda know what i would be getting into, so educated on Thailand more than enough to know the situation there and here..

i see your :tard: and raise you a :booty:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Kaiproject wrote:best tweet ever? :
RT @GruenHQ In case you missed it: @oldspice Hello Australia. Look at your Parliament, now back at me. Sadly, it isn't me, but it is hung like me.

GO GREENS!

LOL!!!! awesome

this election is depressing, the fear of abbott being in power :(
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
deviant

Post by deviant »

Charlie73 wrote:
deviant wrote:Thailand doesn't have any political issues... good option :tard:
being that i have already lived in Thailand and my step father has been there over 12 years... yeah i kinda know what i would be getting into, so educated on Thailand more than enough to know the situation there and here..

i see your :tard: and raise you a :booty:
Therefore you would know that the political situation over there is far worse than it is here. :?: or does having lived there change that?

I see your :booty: and raise you a :clap:
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Charlie73 wrote:
Brain wrote:
Australian Sex Party?
bwahahaha

ELECTION FARKIN FAIL!
I had this last election. I DID pay attention and tried to research and do the best for myself that I could, but I couldnt find an issue that was affecting me. So i sat back and thought, well, loads of my friends are nurses, my sister is an ambo, so i went with what would help them. Not to say things like climate change etc dont affect me, but all the incentives for certain groups is what I mean.

This time around, it was sort of the same. I dont expect a party to be all about everything i beleive in, thats a little ambitious, but I would have liked to have been considered I guess. I would have liked an incentive that didnt relate to mortgages, kids, mining, being on some sort of welfare benefit or being the 'working family'.

Also, just heard from someone that if you mark your donkey voting card at all, your vote goes to whoever is in power already. Not sure if this is what you were getting at System....

Im most pleased that at the very least, Melbs got the green. :D
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Isn't Donkey Voting when you just number in the order they appear on the form?
Don't hate me for house
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i thought donkey voting was just drawing a dick on your paper.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:
bwahahaha

ELECTION FARKIN FAIL!
I had this last election. I DID pay attention and tried to research and do the best for myself that I could, but I couldnt find an issue that was affecting me. So i sat back and thought, well, loads of my friends are nurses, my sister is an ambo, so i went with what would help them. Not to say things like climate change etc dont affect me, but all the incentives for certain groups is what I mean.

This time around, it was sort of the same. I dont expect a party to be all about everything i beleive in, thats a little ambitious, but I would have liked to have been considered I guess. I would have liked an incentive that didnt relate to mortgages, kids, mining, being on some sort of welfare benefit or being the 'working family'.

Also, just heard from someone that if you mark your donkey voting card at all, your vote goes to whoever is in power already. Not sure if this is what you were getting at System....

Im most pleased that at the very least, Melbs got the green. :D[/quote]

Yeah that is what i do, when i say do not speak for me it is more that they do not speak for what i see we as a people need... I live a pretty average life, thankfully am not disadvantaged etc so rarely are there specifics that i feel strongly about for me, but rather what i want for society - does that make sense???

But yes wrapped for Greens in Melb's

Bring on teh state election.... Cause there will be a change there HAS to be
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Yep. Perfect sense.

I feel my workplace needs an election. We wouldnt have the current "management" if we could thats for sure!

Now that I write that, I might add that thank fuck we DO get a choice, even if its not the best one we can have. Imagine if we just got who we got and couldnt complain!!! omg, now THATS scary. ( I think i just found myself some perspetive :shock:)
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

donkey voting is just starting at 1 at the top and going straight down the page, which is still a formal vote. the only way to an informal vote is to not number all the required boxes; informal votes aren't counted at all, so have no impact at all. the impact of donkey voting depends on the order of the candidates on the paper, which is random. :)
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

http://vimeo.com/10196721
Bob Katter wrote: If you put chicken wire, cover your house in chicken wire. And then you say now my house will be warm in winter or it'll be cool in summer. I mean how ridiculous. Do you think chicken wire is going to make any difference to the heat of your house? Of course it's not. It's 400 parts per million Mr Speaker. You don't have to be a genius to figure out it's [global warming] the equivalent of putting chicken wire over your house.
Don't hate me for house
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Bob on the media, Pauline Hanson, fear of the city, bush chicks and other things I can't grasp.

Watch the posted video on YouTube.

Don't hate me for house
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

what the absolue fuck?!

:shock:
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

oh dear....
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Bob Katter wrote: I tell you what if Crocodile Dundee was around now in the Australia we are living in with the wowsers and the ascendancy and the thought control police, the politically correct brigade in the ascendancy they'd put him in jail. Instead of laughing and enjoying his company they'd put him in jail.
Don't hate me for house