100 Years of Vicissitude (novel)

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Andrez

100 Years of Vicissitude (novel)

Post by Andrez »

Hey, mates,

Yep, now confirmed – my second novel One Hundred Years of Vicissitude (http://www.amazon.com/100-Years-Vicissi ... 1780995970) has just been published and is available as a paperback through new imprint Perfect Edge Books.

The novel is now available via Amazon USA – only $14 @ the moment (a $4 discount) in case anyone is… er… vaguely curious. ;)

The Kindle version isn’t yet available, and orders through Amazon UK and Amazon Japan take a little longer. Still, friends of mine in Scotland and San Francisco already have a copy – though I haven’t seen one yet.

What’s the synopsis?

Roughly-speaking, this is the story of identical twin geisha born on the first day of the Great Depression, one of whom loathes the other; it’s a purgatorial tour through twentieth-century Japanese history, with a ghostly geisha who has seen it all as a guide and a corrupt millionaire as her reluctant companion. Thrown into the milieu are saké, B-29s, Lewis Carroll, Sir Thomas Malory, Melbourne, The Wizard of Oz, and a dirigible – along with the allusion that Red Riding Hood might just be involved…

Some of the action also takes place in Melbourne as this is 5% a sequel/prequel to Tobacco-Stained Mountain Goat.

Anyway, if you're bored, take a look-see. And the pretentious-sounding title is tongue-in-cheek, fear not...

:stirthepot:

Cheers,
Andrez
elysium

Re: 100 Years of Vicissitude (novel)

Post by elysium »

Nice work Andrez!!!!!!!
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
Andrez

Re: 100 Years of Vicissitude (novel)

Post by Andrez »

elysium wrote:Nice work Andrez!!!!!!!