Pets

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
ghetto kitty

Re: Pets

Post by ghetto kitty »

okay maybe a foot then

:P

i just grabbed poochy and ran away tbh
Smile on Impact

Post by Smile on Impact »

I'm glad we all agree. Pets are idiots.
FRAKSHA...

Post by FRAKSHA... »

^^^Yep! I got a new dog this week, but before i can collect her she's recovering from surgery after eating a rock!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

awwww cute!!!!

my mum is still upset over the loss of her last kittie, and is feeling really lonely, so has decided to get a new little kitten. she has checked out a little black fluff ball, and i am WELL excited cos she has asked me to babysit it in Jan. Can do, would be terrible owning a cat, but can look after one for a few days, and it will be teeny! YAYs!!!
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

FRAKSHA... wrote:^^^Yep! I got a new dog this week, but before i can collect her she's recovering from surgery after eating a rock!
DERP

shes mega cute mister! we can has doggy date?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yays!

dunnae worry, yoshi has no balls

;)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

my mum walked in to pet place to buy a cat, and walked out with a dog, wtf???

can't look after dog at my place, boooo
click here fo fotos
mrj

Post by mrj »

lol, that reminds me of the time mum sent me to buy some milk and I came home with a slab.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

lol funny

still can't believe she did it, she was talking about a cat and all excited again, and then BAM stupid little yappy dog
click here fo fotos
CoB

Post by CoB »

o noes
a yappy dog?
-___-
just be glad u are not living with it i think ehehe

ps. slab is better than milk!!
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
Sociopathic

Post by Sociopathic »

So could use a little bit more advice.
We seem to be making OK parents, maybe a little bit too much spoiling but he's our first so has to be expected.

Anyway, So taking him out places and stuffs.
Going for walks if it's places he's been walked a few times before he's perfectly behaved, walks beside you no worries no issues no arguments, going anywhere new though JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!
Pulls on the lead, attempts to run off, cries, jumps around. basically everything BUT walking nice and calmly beside you.

This in turn means we can't really take him anywhere which is kinda irritating cause it would be nice to go out and not always have to leave him behind.

So does anyone have any sugestions on what can be done to help this? Apart from obviously just making sure when we take him for his daily walks taking him somewhere new every time and basically doing the whole "uh uh" to make him come back (which does actually work he knows he's sposed to walk beside and behave) and just be patient?

I honestly can't really afford puppy school at this point in time which sux, cause now it's looking like something I probably should have started AGES ago seeing as he's nearly 6months old...

Also anyone living in Bayule area got any idea on rego costs for a microchipped, small dog?

And randomly is there a gardening thread? I can'ts find one
The fridge is angry, the cheese told me so.

Watch out for the penguins, they are comming
quick

Post by quick »

seriously, download and watch eps of dog whisperer from this guy www.cesarsway.com/

there was an almost exact problem in one ep i saw, dunno what one, but it has so many helpful tips.. the dude is amazing with dogs and makes it look easy cos of a few simple things he does... you will learn a lot from watching for sure.

with the prob similar to yours, he said something like just doing a small new section each day and making sure they stay right next to you with a short lead, and correct any erratic behavior instantly... dunno, watch and it may help... i dont have a dog but like the show
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick