the news thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
huge
old boy

Re: the news thread

Post by huge »

this "banksy" thing looks like it could be good for lols. prolly already posted howevs

Watch the posted video on YouTube.

http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

nic wrote:yeh im not trying having at go at anyone either btw (lmb)

just getting 'outraeged' lol

:brohugs:
No go had :smt006 :D Quite simply, a difference of opinion.

Please dont get outraeged over this article :lol:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/boobq ... 5859444131
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

It's not saying the volcano didn't erupt, it's just saying the levels of ash in the atmosphere were overstated. Bit of a balls up if you ask me.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

http://www.smh.com.au/world/modern-mata ... -tsem.html

OH MY DEAR LORD!

I want to be a journalist.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

And I a Kremlin.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

I liked that movie.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Feigan wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/world/modern-mata ... -tsem.html

OH MY DEAR LORD!

awesome. love it! she's ridiculously hot.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

youthful_implants wrote:
Feigan wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/world/modern-mata ... -tsem.html

OH MY DEAR LORD!

awesome. love it! she's ridiculously hot.
almost as hot as Billie Piper.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Shithouse! I better go do some durrie shoppin then!
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

andy_hoffman wrote:Shithouse! I better go do some durrie shoppin then!
Or quit....

either or.

:teef:
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i hate the kremlin
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

movie or venue?

huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i'll hate on both until that bird shows up.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

haha.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Gulf of Mexico is screwed. BP won't be repairing the well leak for months now. Makes the Exxon Valdez spill look like a birdshit on an elephant turd, and this sort of emergency is becoming more common as 'easy' sources are depleted and more marginal areas are drilled for petroleum.
The surface burn is an effort to slow the catastrophic damage to birds, dolphins, whales, estuaries and other wildlife in the path of the toxic crude. The tourist and fishing industries are also expected to suffer a devastating blow, since the spill cannot be contained.

According to the Washington Post, “The crisis in the gulf is likely to get worse before it gets better.“ The report added, “A BP official said controlled burns can get rid of 50 to 99 percent of oil within a limited area, but Robert Bea, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at the University of California at Berkeley who worked on controlling the damage of the Santa Barbara spill, warned that in open seas, companies have generally captured less than 10 percent of oil spilled.“

What makes the Deepwater Horizon disaster worst than spills in the past, is it’s close proximity to land. The annihilation from this disaster may top the Exxon Valdez spill and earn the title of the worst in US history.
http://www.examiner.com/x-33986-Politic ... et-on-fire

Or if the environment doesn't do it for you, the European union is undergoing a slow financial implosion:

http://english.ruvr.ru/2010/04/29/7072725.html
According to Bloomberg:

“The yield on Greece’s two-year note has risen almost fivefold this month on concern euro-region support for the country will come too late to prevent a default. The yield soared almost 600 basis points at one stage today. Ireland’s jumped 90 basis points to 4.64 percent, Portugal’s increased 93 basis points to 6.24 percent and Spain’s rose 20 basis points to 2.26 percent.

“Credit-default swaps on Greece, Portugal and Spain advanced to records, according to CMA DataVision. Contracts on Greece climbed 42 basis points to 865.5, Portugal jumped 20 to 406 and Spain increased 2 basis points to 211, CMA prices show.

“’It’s not a question of the danger of contagion. Contagion has already happened,’ Angel Gurria, secretary general for the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development [OECD], said in a Bloomberg television interview today in Berlin. ‘This is like Ebola. When you realize you have it you have to cut your leg off in order to survive.’”
Oh yeah, and a moistened bint got kit off, seksed, men world-wide store idea in beat-off memory bank. :tard:
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
youthful_implants

C.I.A. wrote:Gulf of Mexico is screwed. BP won't be repairing the well leak for months now. Makes the Exxon Valdez spill look like a birdshit on an elephant turd, and this sort of emergency is becoming more common as 'easy' sources are depleted and more marginal areas are drilled for petroleum.
The surface burn is an effort to slow the catastrophic damage to birds, dolphins, whales, estuaries and other wildlife in the path of the toxic crude. The tourist and fishing industries are also expected to suffer a devastating blow, since the spill cannot be contained.

According to the Washington Post, “The crisis in the gulf is likely to get worse before it gets better.“ The report added, “A BP official said controlled burns can get rid of 50 to 99 percent of oil within a limited area, but Robert Bea, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at the University of California at Berkeley who worked on controlling the damage of the Santa Barbara spill, warned that in open seas, companies have generally captured less than 10 percent of oil spilled.“

What makes the Deepwater Horizon disaster worst than spills in the past, is it’s close proximity to land. The annihilation from this disaster may top the Exxon Valdez spill and earn the title of the worst in US history.
http://www.examiner.com/x-33986-Politic ... et-on-fire

Or if the environment doesn't do it for you, the European union is undergoing a slow financial implosion:

http://english.ruvr.ru/2010/04/29/7072725.html
According to Bloomberg:

“The yield on Greece’s two-year note has risen almost fivefold this month on concern euro-region support for the country will come too late to prevent a default. The yield soared almost 600 basis points at one stage today. Ireland’s jumped 90 basis points to 4.64 percent, Portugal’s increased 93 basis points to 6.24 percent and Spain’s rose 20 basis points to 2.26 percent.

“Credit-default swaps on Greece, Portugal and Spain advanced to records, according to CMA DataVision. Contracts on Greece climbed 42 basis points to 865.5, Portugal jumped 20 to 406 and Spain increased 2 basis points to 211, CMA prices show.

“’It’s not a question of the danger of contagion. Contagion has already happened,’ Angel Gurria, secretary general for the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development [OECD], said in a Bloomberg television interview today in Berlin. ‘This is like Ebola. When you realize you have it you have to cut your leg off in order to survive.’”
Oh yeah, and a moistened bint got kit off, seksed, men world-wide store idea in beat-off memory bank. :tard:
moistened bint always makes me laff.

I think in Europe isolationism would be step forward. Especially from the Greeks.

Countries not allowed to trade, import or export ANY food. Forced into self-sufficiency, not allowed to cross-polinate etc. :)

They can cancel all air traffic too, and pretend there is a volcano erupting.
Strontium Music

witty_pseudonym

Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

imagine motor-boatin them :shock:
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Lizkins wrote:imagine motor-boatin them :shock:
I don't know if it would be possible Liz.
witty_pseudonym

death by suffocation.
her husband probably thought he'd hit the jackpot when they started growing, but then they didn't stop.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

super beaver dam - very impressive.

a couple of beaver families joined together.

What would you call a group of beavers working together?

a feminist movement?

Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

Quote from the BBC website - comments on the election thus far:
16. At 10:18pm on 06 May 2010, Electionasap wrote:
Country can,t afford,
EEC budget up 6% from bankrupt countries.
Immigration - No jobs.
Deficit - Getting Worse.
Ignored indiginous population.
Time to break some eggs.
Voted BNP - hope they do well tonight.
LMAO Ignored indiginous population - Why should you be any different from ALL THE INDIGINOUS populations you British have ignored, abused, wiped out over the generations.... bwahahahaha SUCK IT I SAY! SUCK IT HARD
Amick

Post by Amick »

Feigan wrote:super beaver dam - very impressive.

a couple of beaver families joined together.

What would you call a group of beavers working together?

a feminist movement?

:retzielikes:
youthful_implants

Charlie73 wrote:Quote from the BBC website - comments on the election thus far:
Country can,t afford,
Immigration - No jobs.
Deficit - Getting Worse.
Time to break some eggs.
LMAO Ignored indiginous population - Why should you be any different from ALL THE INDIGINOUS populations you British have ignored, abused, wiped out over the generations.... bwahahahaha SUCK IT I SAY! SUCK IT HARD
whoah there lady. lets not get totally hypocritical or anything.

hoping the Tories don't win!
Last edited by youthful_implants on Fri May 07, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strontium Music

Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

youthful_implants wrote:
Charlie73 wrote:Quote from the BBC website - comments on the election thus far:
Country can,t afford,
Immigration - No jobs.
Deficit - Getting Worse.
Time to break some eggs.
whoah there lady. lets not get totally hypocritical or anything.

I really really hope the Tories dont win. :fingerscrossed:
All i am saying is seems it is a different cry when the shoe is on the other foot! the British were happy for generations to not give a toss about indiginous populations of MANY a country but now he will stand up and say what about us we are the indiginous population and we are being overlooked, well just like they have said to many i now say to them... DEAL WITH IT...
youthful_implants

Charlie73 wrote:All i am saying is seems it is a different cry when the shoe is on the other foot! the British were happy for generations to not give a toss about indiginous populations of MANY a country but now he will stand up and say what about us we are the indiginous population and we are being overlooked, well just like they have said to many i now say to them... DEAL WITH IT...
Yes indeed those people that complain about being white indigenous (LOL) and voting BNP are nationalistic scum who deserve whatever's coming to them tbh. Hopefully plenty more Eastern Europeans to keep the economy afloat. :)

If the Tories do get into power they'll be changing Immigration laws of course.
Strontium Music

Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

youthful_implants wrote:
Charlie73 wrote:All i am saying is seems it is a different cry when the shoe is on the other foot! the British were happy for generations to not give a toss about indiginous populations of MANY a country but now he will stand up and say what about us we are the indiginous population and we are being overlooked, well just like they have said to many i now say to them... DEAL WITH IT...
Yes indeed those people that complain about being white indigenous (LOL) and voting BNP are nationalistic scum who deserve whatever's coming to them tbh. Hopefully plenty more Eastern Europeans to keep the economy afloat. :)

Agree totally... It is yeah ging to an interesting outcome, i have a lot of worried friends over there!

Like the White Australian's here going on about the immigrants...LMAO..errr sorry? Are you not of immigrant stock! LOL
youthful_implants

Charlie73 wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:

Agree totally... It is yeah ging to an interesting outcome, i have a lot of worried friends over there!

Like the White Australian's here going on about the immigrants...LMAO..errr sorry? Are you not of immigrant stock! LOL
I know my driving instructor who's Greek was telling me how much he hates all the Asians in Clayton.

He's only second generation as well.
Strontium Music

youthful_implants

I know its ghey!!

No privacy on Twitter seen!!!
Strontium Music

Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

witty_pseudonym

10 years for pimping out your 12 year old daughter for drug money is attrocious imo. Justice system fails once again. :x

http://www.theage.com.au/national/mothe ... -v2p5.html
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

witty_pseudonym wrote:10 years for pimping out your 12 year old daughter for drug money is attrocious imo. Justice system fails once again. :x

http://www.theage.com.au/national/mothe ... -v2p5.html
OMG lady i had this duscussion at lunch with the guys at work! 10 years... with a min of 7 years! ETF 7 years! I am totally disgusted!

I hate to say it - but i will - i hope she gets hers once she inside, cause that BIATCH deserves to go down, i mean your own mother selling your body! WTF!!
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

Oil and Gas stream from the riser of the Deepwater Horizon Well

The hole you see there is about five feet in diameter.
youthful_implants

Has the Voyager 2 probe been hijacked by aliens?

Good story this, got legs imo

Lots of debate on the web

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/w ... 5865566982
Strontium Music

kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

GO CATS! GO CATS!
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

youthful_implants

This is the ad the Financial Times wouldn't publish. Wankers.

Strontium Music

Amick

Post by Amick »

witty_pseudonym

apophenian wrote:Saved by ninjas!
Amick wrote:NINJA RESCUE!
deviant

Post by deviant »

not to mention the 500 tweets I've already read with the same link....

ninjas
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

Ninja's are awesome!
youthful_implants

:lol: tru dat.
Strontium Music

apophenian

Post by apophenian »

Even when they have an unnecessary apostrophe...
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

:lol: thats the best story EVER.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Sorry for the re-post. Epic news story though. I would love Channel 10 news at 5pm have half an hour of ninja related stories just to change it up from the day to day reports of war, lying politicians and AFL Players caught with drugs...
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

I think thats a great idea and i would watch it.

ACA or whatever had their top 10 worst neighbors summary on last night. Some guy, for seemingly no reason, was basically slowly trying to kill his neighbour. Would spray mortein on his toothbrush every morning and had done for months!! WTF?!?!?! Some people man...
witty_pseudonym

wow - this is fucked. where are we headed?!

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/tec ... -vh09.html