The Movie/Film/DVD thread...

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
FoundationStepper

Re: The Movie/Film/DVD thread...

Post by FoundationStepper »

something id really like to see. there have been very good reviews
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Don't wait too long because it's been on a little while, and you might miss it.

I'm aiming to see Last Ride as my next aussie flick, then Cedar Boys.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Hardy wrote:I watched The Midnight Meat Train the other night. Great horror movie if you're that way inclined. Written and produced by Clive Barker. Really well shot, and has Vinnie Jones as butcher. Fuck yes.
Walked passed the cover at el video store and it caught my eye but didn't grab it. Will next time.

Got Ghost Town with Gervais. Had a few good laughs but nothing rib tickling, although I enjoyed the laxative bit and his gag reflex issues were funny
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

mixtress wrote:Got Ghost Town with Gervais. Had a few good laughs but nothing rib tickling, although I enjoyed the laxative bit and his gag reflex issues were funny
I wanna revise this...I was only mid way through watching it when I wrote that.

It most definitely had funny moments and it was quite touching at the end. Made me remember a friend I've recently lost and how fucking crushing it would be to realise that you're dead and everything you'd been planning had gone. Made me wanna get up and do some shit.

Would watch again.
Amick

Post by Amick »

fell asleep during Get Shorty last night...don't think i'll finish watching it. meh.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Saw an interesting one last night.

Dylan Moran - This is a film with me in it.

Fucking weird man, but weirdly funny. Freak show. Kinda reminds me of With Nail and I :lol:
Amick

Post by Amick »

Public Enemies was a decent film and I really liked it. Great storyline, good acting.

My only gripe.

Handheld camera technique.

They spend millions and millions on making a film and they can't afford a stand for the farkin camera? I don't care if it makes it more realistic it friggin sucks, you can't focus on what's going on because the camera is shaking everywhere and then you sit there wondering wtf just happened.

8 out of 10 tommy guns! :D
mecka

Post by mecka »

Amick... I thought the handheld camera work was superb. Sure, there are the odd shaky scenes (which every fucking movie seems to have nowadays) but some of those steady low-angle shots and long takes were fantastic.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Completely agree with Amick.

I haven't seen the movie in question, but I'm not a fan of the handheld camera.... when I'm running, my vision isn't all jumpy, my brain tells my eyes I'm running - and everything looks as normal as it does when I'm usually running.

Handheld camera sucks balls. I'm sitting down, relaxed, watching the film jump around all over the place... don't dig it... more so for prolonged periods.
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

steadycam ftw!
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

Anyone heard about this??

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/41 ... ore_Tron_2

TRON - Legacy.

Remake of the classic!!

DAFT PUNK is doing the soundtrack. (& a subsequent tour)

sounds & previews:

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/43 ... 9_comeback

:blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob:
mecka

Post by mecka »

RIP John Hughes. Bueller FTW.
Amick

Post by Amick »

mecka wrote:Amick... I thought the handheld camera work was superb. Sure, there are the odd shaky scenes (which every fucking movie seems to have nowadays) but some of those steady low-angle shots and long takes were fantastic.
i wouldn't say superb when you can't focus on what's in front of you.

agree with the steady shots, especially of the prison at the beginning which looks like the biggest fuckin prison yard ever made ever.

Watching Fight Club now. Yes yes its old but Norton pwns this film.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

Saw Rudo + Cursi on friday night. Mexican film with the guys from I Tu Mama Tambien. OMG Gael whatshisface :smt007 :smt007

Cute movie revolving around soccer, the highs and lows of success and love. Quite funny and really well acted. Would recommend if just for the perve tbh. :lol:

apophenian

Post by apophenian »

Amick wrote:
mecka wrote:Amick... I thought the handheld camera work was superb. Sure, there are the odd shaky scenes (which every fucking movie seems to have nowadays) but some of those steady low-angle shots and long takes were fantastic.
i wouldn't say superb when you can't focus on what's in front of you.

agree with the steady shots, especially of the prison at the beginning which looks like the biggest fuckin prison yard ever made ever.

Watching Fight Club now. Yes yes its old but Norton pwns this film.
One of my all time favs. Must get really smashed and watch it again...
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Been getting into my drug doco's of late. Cocaine Cowboys I and II are must sees btw.

Watched The Union the other night, about pot in America and tbh it made me wanna smoke a reefer. Shock horror. For the most part I enjoyed the history, the discussions about how such a useful material as hemp could be outlawed etc etc but I disliked the way it sounded like there was a conspiracy. I'm sure there is but it was just funny to me that one minute they're saying pot has no negative side effects and the next they're saying everyone's out to get them. Paranoid much?

It was like a cross b/w Cocaine Cowboys and the Penn and Teller Bullshit episode about marijuana.

Recommend it though, think it would have been better if I was smoking at the time. The guy from Fear Factor was hilarious :lol:

4 joints.
Fents

Post by Fents »

DL this one if you get a chance mixxy. http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4779357 ... _Marijuana

Also watched a mad one on ice the other night but it was only on foxtel. have recorded it tho so i'll look up the name and hopefully can find it on the internets.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

dl'ing, thanks Fents
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Um Fents, that was an episode of Magnum PI. Don't get me wrong, love me some Magnum but a National Geographic doco on pot it ain't.
mecka

Post by mecka »

rofl
Fents

Post by Fents »

haha...well the doco's called : inside - marijuana

go forth and search.
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

Watched Synecdoche, New York last nite on dvd

Written & Dir by Charlie Kauffman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
And he didn't disappoint, strange and complex and something you could watch 20 times and still miss things
But thats the great thing, you can just interpret it any way you want its not about 'getting' or 'missing' the director's cues imo.

About a theater director (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) who's a bit of a hypochondriac and always thinking about death.
Starts up a warehouse theater in NY, which inside replicates NY and is full of actors working around the clock. Then inside that warehouse is another one with actors playing the actors etc. You get the picture
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

Fents wrote:haha...well the doco's called : inside - marijuana

go forth and search.
I think i saw that on national geographic channel the other night actually - remarkably balanced reporting there.

On a slightly different note, just watched this documentary again: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3628206 ... Drip(2004). Well worth the watch...
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Kaiproject wrote:Watched Synecdoche, New York last nite on dvd

And he didn't disappoint, strange and complex and something you could watch 20 times and still miss things
But thats the great thing, you can just interpret it any way you want its not about 'getting' or 'missing' the director's cues imo.

About a theater director (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) who's a bit of a hypochondriac and always thinking about death.
Starts up a warehouse theater in NY, which inside replicates NY and is full of actors working around the clock. Then inside that warehouse is another one with actors playing the actors etc. You get the picture

that sounds out of control! must watch for sure
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
El Doop

Post by El Doop »

fo sho
G'z, bitches and heavy weights
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

Lizkins wrote:
Kaiproject wrote:Watched Synecdoche, New York last nite on dvd

that sounds out of control! must watch for sure
you should, highly recommended!

many random funny moments too, like one woman who buys a house that is constantly on fire (still is like 20years on etc)
and they just act all normal inside w/ fire soundeffects and smoke and stuff going on in the background
Amick

Post by Amick »

Roadhouse. Its so bad, its good.

witty_pseudonym

The Hangover is so over rated imo. A couple of lol moments, but generally pretty lame. Fat Jesus was funneh, but all in all it fell really flat.

youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Amick wrote:Roadhouse. Its so bad, its good.

it looks awesome. want to see. :teef:
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Amick

Post by Amick »

better than prime time free to air tv...
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

YI - dont knock it til you try it, best one liners ever. and best hair, fluffy! and great fashuns, lots of laughs.

Maria Full of Grace - about drug mules crossing from columbia to the states. I liked this one, quite depressing but one of those films that needs to be made and needs to be seen imo. 3 out of five.

vicky christina barcelona - I was prepared for a bad chick flick but this was not so bad at all! great colours in the film and vibe to the whole thing, truly made me want to visit spain. love scarlett johannason too, she is great. and loved the ending too.
3 and a half out of five.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

witty_pseudonym wrote:The Hangover is so over rated imo. A couple of lol moments, but generally pretty lame. Fat Jesus was funneh, but all in all it fell really flat.

:shock: first person i have heard say that. shocked and then some.
click here fo fotos
Amick

Post by Amick »

Lizkins wrote:
witty_pseudonym wrote:The Hangover is so over rated imo. A couple of lol moments, but generally pretty lame. Fat Jesus was funneh, but all in all it fell really flat.

nah a few of us have said similar reviews.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:YI - dont knock it til you try it, best one liners ever. and best hair, fluffy! and great fashuns, lots of laughs.

Maria Full of Grace - about drug mules crossing from columbia to the states. I liked this one, quite depressing but one of those films that needs to be made and needs to be seen imo. 3 out of five.

vicky christina barcelona - I was prepared for a bad chick flick but this was not so bad at all! great colours in the film and vibe to the whole thing, truly made me want to visit spain. love scarlett johannason too, she is great. and loved the ending too.

Maria Full of Grace rocks! such a good movie, and eye opener. always wondered what would happen if a balloon burst. And agree, peeps need to see it

and, saw ad for Vicky Christina Barcelona last night and was wondering what it would be like. ta GK
click here fo fotos
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Amick wrote:
Lizkins wrote:

nah a few of us have said similar reviews.

really? man a few of you need to hang up the attitude and go in with no expectations and ya funny bones well intact, that movie was a fuckin pisser and then some.

"You guys might not know this but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack. But when my sister brought Doug home I knew he was one of my own. And my wolfpack, it grew by one. So there were two of us in the wolfpack. I was alone first in the pack and then Doug joined in later. And 6 months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys I thought, wait a second, could it be. And now I know for sure that I just added two guys to my wolfpack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together in Las Vegas looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast."

:lol: :lol: :lol: killer!
click here fo fotos
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

ghetto kitty wrote:vicky christina barcelona - I was prepared for a bad chick flick but this was not so bad at all! great colours in the film and vibe to the whole thing, truly made me want to visit spain. love scarlett johannason too, she is great. and loved the ending too.
I've been meaning to watch that one for a long time. Maybe I'll pick that one for DVD date night sometime! :D
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

only good for dvd date night if your totally happy with the person on the couch with you PC! ;)

i also watched the 'itty bitty titty comittee' which was fukkin funny. young dyke chicks who do 'subversive action' under the moniker of Clits In Action (CIA) hehheh
so funny, so cheesy, so rock n roll. 2 and a half out of five, cos also, so contrived!
Amick

Post by Amick »

Lizkins wrote:really? man a few of you need to hang up the attitude and go in with no expectations and ya funny bones well intact, that movie was a fuckin pisser and then some.

no attitude or expectations, I just didn't find the movie that super dooper hilarious.

maybe what you think is a fuckin pisser might be meh to others. just an opinion, like assholes everyone has one.
witty_pseudonym

Amick wrote:
Lizkins wrote:really? man a few of you need to hang up the attitude and go in with no expectations and ya funny bones well intact, that movie was a fuckin pisser and then some.

no attitude or expectations, I just didn't find the movie that super dooper hilarious.

maybe what you think is a fuckin pisser might be meh to others. just an opinion, like assholes everyone has one.
:scr1pt:

not really my kind of humour.
youthful_implants

ghetto kitty wrote:YI - dont knock it til you try it, best one liners ever. and best hair, fluffy! and great fashuns, lots of laughs.
nice. 8)
Strontium Music

Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Amick wrote:

yeah true, just shocked. peeps who don't have the same sense of humour that i do said they were laughing so hard they had sore stomachs by the end of it, figured it was appealing to quite a few different types of humour is all
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I have not seen this movie you speak of.

now im curious - asshole unfunny or pisser sore tummies ?

:lol:
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

ghetto kitty wrote:only good for dvd date night if your totally happy with the person on the couch with you PC! ;)!
okies! I'm happy so it'll be ok. Thanks GK! :D
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

was just a warning. it has a message of not settling, for mediocre or anything less than amazing, part of why i liked the film,
but yes, could turn a date kinda wierd if twas wrong situation.... ;)

(glad you happy lady!)
El Doop

Post by El Doop »

perhaps a bit risque for the beats cru inside da ride... but 'Fat Tits in Mexico' is dope on the pr0n set.

Serial.

Latino cannage extremo..... know what I mean?
El Doop

Post by El Doop »

El Doop wrote:perhaps a bit risque for the beats cru inside da ride... but 'Fat Tits in Mexico' is dope on the pr0n set.

Serial.

word.
enak

Post by enak »

El Doop wrote:
El Doop wrote:perhaps a bit risque for the beats cru inside da ride... but 'Fat Tits in Mexico' is dope on the pr0n set.

Serial.

word.
Holy shit. Laughed 'til my rectum bled.
"I've never been a fan of virtuoso/performance displays of skill, to be honest; wanky guitar-solos get on my tits. I want music that moves me, not that impresses me."
Amick

Post by Amick »

My mate bought on blue ray - The Midnight Meat Train. Its a horror film with great characters and based on a short story by the guy who wrote Hellraiser.

Vinnie Jones plays the villain. Does a great job.

Watch it.

4 meat hooks out of 5.
witty_pseudonym

El Doop wrote:

Serial.

word.
:smt005

post of the day.
youthful_implants

District 9 looks wicked!! Cant wait to see, and its Peter Jackson so it will probably be awesome.

Also got 100% on rotton tomatoes, trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA
Strontium Music