TEN YEARS OF NOTHING - not one fucking thing!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
C.I.A.

Re: CELEBRATING 6 YEARS OF NOTHING!

Post by C.I.A. »

Lol pussy likes the tight box.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
CoB

Post by CoB »

hehe
indeed
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
quick

Post by quick »

that had me laughing more consistently than any other vid for a long long time... fukn awesome...

HARDY... WATCH THIS!!!
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
CoB

Post by CoB »

i like the comment
can we just all agree that maru is the official cat of the internet
CoB

Post by CoB »

the thing is, the things this cat is doing is not really any different to any other cat..
but they video taped it, so people watch lol

i misses mah kitteh :sadfase:
CoB

Post by CoB »

i wonder why they dont say maru in the japanese text though
only cat... lol
quick

Post by quick »

i want maru...
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

lmao!
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
CoB

Post by CoB »

quick wrote:i want maru...
me too :(

i am going later today to pick up my cat XD
:joy:
almax

Post by almax »

retzie

Post by retzie »

deviant wrote:what the absolute fuck?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=5199161
Meet anyone around the start of September? If so, keep them the fuck away from your pets...

You're getting a mug, though, right?
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

ON THE EDGE OF TIME: The Mystery of Time Slips
By Tim Swartz

Time is a funny thing. There never seems to be enough -- yet there is an infinite amount. Time slips through moment upon second into eternity past; yet present, to begin the future.

Time is thought to be unstoppable in its relentless push towards the future. Humans perceive themselves as bound up in time as an insect in amber. Forever imprisoned and forced to reconcile with the regularity and inevitability of change. The past is gone -- the present, fleeting -- and the future is unknown. Or is it?

If a Merseyside policeman by the name of Frank was asked, he may have an entirely different opinion on the subject of time.

On a sunny Saturday afternoon in July of 1996, Frank and his wife, Carol was visiting Liverpool's Bold Street area for some shopping. At Central Station, the pair split up; Carol went to Dillons Bookshop and Frank went to HMV to look for a CD he wanted. As he walked up the incline near the Lyceum Post Office/Café building that lead onto Bold Street, Frank suddenly noticed he had entered a strange "oasis of quietness."

Suddenly, a small box van that looked like something out of the 1950s sped across his path, honking its horn as it narrowly missed him. Frank noticed the name on the van's side: "Caplan's." When he looked down, the confused policeman saw that he was unexpectedly standing in the road. The off-duty policeman crossed the road and saw that Dillons Book Store now had "Cripps" over its entrances. More confused, he looked in to see not books, but women's handbags and shoes.

Looking around, Frank realized people were dressed in clothes that appeared to be from the 1940s. Suddenly, he spotted a young girl in her early 20's dressed in a lime-colored sleeveless top. The handbag she was carrying had a popular brand name on it, which reassured the policeman that maybe he was still partly in 1996. It was a paradox, but he was relieved, and he followed the girl into Cripps.

As the pair went inside, Frank watched in amazement as the interior of the building completely changed in a flash to that of Dillons Bookshop of 1996. The girl turned to leave and Frank lightly grasped the girl's arm to attract attention and said, "Did you see that?"

She replied, "Yeah! I thought it was a clothes shop. I was going to look around, but it's a bookshop."

It was later determined that Cripps and Caplan's were businesses based in Liverpool during the 1950s. Whether these businesses were based in the locations specified in the story has not been confirmed.

Frank's experience is not that unusual in the realm of strange phenomenon. There is even a name given to such events -- time slips.

A time slip is an event where it appears that some other era has briefly intruded on the present. A time slip seems to be spontaneous in nature and localization, but there are places on the planet that seem to be more prone than others to time slip events. As well, some people may be more inclined to experience time slips than others. If time then is the unmovable force that physicists say it is, why do some people have experiences that seem to flaunt this concept?
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

righteo
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

U want circle? (Jap)
almax

Post by almax »

DBoy wrote:
ON THE EDGE OF TIME: The Mystery of Time Slips
By Tim Swartz
Frank's experience is not that unusual in the realm of strange phenomenon. There is even a name given to such events -- time slips.

A time slip is an event where it appears that some other era has briefly intruded on the present. A time slip seems to be spontaneous in nature and localization, but there are places on the planet that seem to be more prone than others to time slip events. As well, some people may be more inclined to experience time slips than others. If time then is the unmovable force that physicists say it is, why do some people have experiences that seem to flaunt this concept?
Time slip....more like acid flashback :clock: :editfairy:
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

No - this guy is for reals. He ain't no slippin'
http://uforeview.tripod.com/timeslips.html
:shock:
THE NATURE OF TIME

Much of ancient Greek philosophy was concerned with understanding the concept of eternity, and the subject of time is central to all the world's religions and cultures. Can the flow of time be stopped or slowed? Certainly some mystics thought so. Angelus Silesius, a 17th-century philosopher and poet, thought the flow of time could be suspended by mental powers:

Time is of your own making;
its clock ticks in your head.
The moment you stop thought
time too stops dead.

The line between science and mysticism sometimes grows thin. Today physicists would agree that time is one of the strangest properties of our universe. In fact, there is a story circulating among scientists of an immigrant to America who has lost his watch. He walks up to a man on a New York street and asks, "Please, Sir, what is time?" The scientist replies, "I'm sorry, you'll have to ask a philosopher. I'm just a physicist."

Time travel, according to modern scientific theory, may still be beyond our grasp. Yet for a number of people who have had unusual time slip experiences, time may be easier to circumnavigate than expected.

A classic example of a time slip can be seen in a note from Lyn in Australia. Lyn had read the book, Time Travel: A How-To Insiders Guide, (Global Communications, 1999) and thought her experience was similar to others featured in the book.

In 1997 Lyn lived in a small outback town that was built in 1947 and had changed little since that time.

"I was driving toward the main intersection of the town, when suddenly I felt a change in the air. It wasn't the classic colder feeling, but a change, like a shift in atmosphere. The air felt denser somehow. As I slowed at the intersection, I seemed to be suddenly transported back in time to approximately 1950. The road was dirt, the trees were gone and coming toward me to cross the intersection was an old black car, something like a Vanguard or old FJ Holden. As the car passed through the intersection the driver was looking back at me in total astonishment before he accelerated. From what I could see he was dressed in similar 1950s fashion, complete with hat.

"This whole episode lasted perhaps 20 seconds and was repeated at least 5 times during my time there, always at the exact spot. I tried to make out the registration plate number but the car was covered in dust."

Lyn wondered if there is someone out there still living who remembers seeing a strange sight at the intersection back in the 50s...of a weird car with a bug-eyed woman at the wheel. 2

Derek E. tells another interesting time slip story. When he was a child, his father was a taxi driver in Glasgow, Scotland. One day in the late 1960s, Derek's father was driving in the north of the city along Maryhill Road near Queen's Cross, one of the older parts of town and once its own separate community outside the city.

"One minute it was now," Derek wrote, "cars, buses, modern clothes, tarmac roads etc. - and the next thing my dad knew he was in some earlier time. It was certainly pre-Victorian given the clothes he described people wearing, horses, rough road, lower buildings, people in rough clothes and bonnets etc. It lasted as long as it took him to be aware of it and then it vanished and he was back in 'now.'"

Derek also reported that in the 1980's, he and his wife were on a driving holiday in the North York Moors in England. They went to a tiny coastal village called Staithes, which had a steep winding and narrowing road down to the harbor, with the entrance to the houses and narrow footway at a higher level of three or four feet.

"We parked at the top of the village, hamlet really, where the tourist buses and cars had to stop and made our way down on foot. What I remember is a brilliantly sunny day with lots of other people around, but as we made our way down, it just suddenly seemed as if no one else were there but my wife and me. An old woman appeared on the footway opposite us. It became cooler and duller. She asked, in what seemed to me an old-fashioned and very polite way, what year it was. Now lots of old people get confused and it could have been that, but what I remember vividly is her black clothes - handmade, rough and with hand-sewn buttons - really big compared with modern ones. Her shoes were very old fashioned with much higher and chunkier heels than you'd see an older person wearing nowadays. In the time it took me to turn to my wife and say, 'Did you see that?' she was gone. The sun was back and so were all the people. My wife had also seen the same old woman and felt the same chill." 3

Derek's experience seems strikingly similar to traditional ghost stories. Many ghost sightings are readily explained as individuals who appear out of their normal location or time; but often the ghost also seems to change the surroundings of the witness, giving the impression of a time slip. What is open to question is whether these are glimpses into another time or does the witness or the ghost actually travel in time? Perhaps it is simply different sides of the same coin.

Martin Jeffrey, co-editor with Louise Jeffrey of the website www.mysterymag.com, speculates that time slips can be recreated or induced using a "trigger factor," which "…occurs when one is interested in his surroundings but is not concentrating on them; a slip occurs at a precise place and moment and the witness is thrust seemingly into another time."

Jeffrey cites the case of Alice Pollock, who at Leeds Castle in Kent "experienced what could be called a 'classic' time slip. Alice was experimenting in Henry VIII's rooms by touching objects in an attempt to experience events from another time. After a period of receiving no impressions whatsoever, the room suddenly changed. It lost its modern, comfortable appearance to become cold and bare. The carpet had disappeared and there were now logs burning on the fire. A tall woman in a white dress was walking up and down the room; her face seemed to be in deep concentration. Not long after, the room returned to its original state.

Later research found that the rooms had been the prison of Queen Joan of Navarre, Henry V's stepmother, who had been accused of witchcraft by her husband. 4

It could be that the witness triggers time slips, whether they blank their mind at a precise moment and the slip occurs, or the witness touches something that holds the memory of a previous time.

"The simplest explanation is probably the psychometric hypothesis," noted Colin Wilson and John Grant in The Directory of Possibilities. "In the mid-nineteenth century, Dr. Joseph Rodes Buchanan of the Covington Medical Institute performed experiments that convinced him that certain of his students could hold letters in their hands and accurately describe the character of the writer. He became convinced that all objects carry their 'history' photographed in them. Buchanan wrote: 'The past is entombed in the present. The discoveries of psychometry will enable us to explore the history of Man as those of geology enable us to explore the history of Earth.' Clearly, psychometry may be seen as a form of time slip."
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Maru is hilarious, cats are well funny in general with that stuff. i used to put a blanket on my cat and then watch her drag herself out like she was under a massive weight, and then get annoyed at the blanket and then lay on it, hours of hilarity
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
quick

Post by quick »

ADD_Boy wrote:
U want circle? (Jap)
tokidoki

:risu:
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

quick wrote:
ADD_Boy wrote:
U want circle? (Jap)
tokidoki

:risu:
ITSUMO-Yo !!!!
quick

Post by quick »

cum pie?
CoB

Post by CoB »

ADD_Boy wrote:
U want circle? (Jap)
also means perfection XD

丸 maru まる
1: circle; (Prefix)
2: full (e.g. month, day, etc.);
3: perfection; purity;
4: suffix for ship names
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

Cob-san shyabereru-no?
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

DBoy wrote:Image
This is awesome.
CoB

Post by CoB »

ADD_Boy wrote:Cob-san shyabereru-no?
NAAAAAN DESUKA?!?!?!??!
mecka

Post by mecka »

Starting to lose it a bit. To celebrate, here's a cat picture.

CoB

Post by CoB »

Image/
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

So when you dipshits ascribe the word "epic" to banal things like the new Tron poster (not even the entire movie, just the poster), and children's games like "duck duck goose," you cheapen the word and water it down so it just becomes a sound you make, like a grunt when you approve of something. And it's not just used for approval, it's also used to describe minor disappointments, like having to restart a DVD because it skipped. Now every minor inconvenience is an "EPIC FAIL." And if it's cool, it's not just cool but an "EPIC WIN." And for the record, fail is a verb, and is something you do, like fail at English. The act of failing is "failure," and is a noun. People can be failures, but they can't be "fails." That doesn't make sense. So when you miserable pieces of shit say "epic fail," what you really mean is "epic failure."

Using words like "epic" to describe how extremely impressed you are by everything has ruined the word. If everything is epic, nothing is epic.

There are two reasons why people use it:

1. Because it's a big trendy inside joke with a recognizable template that everyone can exploit in a vain attempt to be funny and fit in. I get the supposed humor of being an ironic idiot, but people who use the phrase aren't being ironic anymore, just idiots. Phrases like "epic [BLANK] is epic" have largely supplanted popular phrases from TV and movies, and now we're inundated with this stupid shit.

2. The other reason as to why everyone uses it is because it's this generation's rejection of their parents' generation. Every generation has a style that defines them, and a vocabulary that goes along with it, and that vocabulary has to be different from the vocabulary their parents used.

You can't picture your mom saying "epic," just like your mom can't picture her father saying "dope," and his father saying "bad," unless your grandfather happens to be really into hip hop like mine was. Each time a new set of "cool" words come into popular use, it makes the old ones seem dated, and each generation ends when corporations finally catch up and try to seem hip by using the phrases to sell products.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote:Starting to lose it a bit. To celebrate, here's a cat picture.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! GOLD!!!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Where are you prats today? Entertain me!
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Hardy wrote:Where are you prats today? Entertain me!
Royal Family Fan Art FTW!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f2 ... 12021.html
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

let's see if hotlinking to 4chan works?

huge
old boy

Post by huge »

C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

I'm sooooo happy for Wills and his bitch! I am eagerly hunting down crap ceramic engagement souvenirs online. Like a teapot where the spout is Wills knob, and the cup is whatshernames fanny.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Not the pr0n version, but this one did fall through a wormhole from an alternate universe where these two married in 2007.

:puke:
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

200?
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

huge wrote:200?
Oh yeah, they married on Month_Date_200?

Lol.

Well spotted, Sir! We'll make a royal watcher of you yet!!!
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

im wearing some souvenir royal seeing glasses
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Hardy wrote:
mecka wrote:Starting to lose it a bit. To celebrate, here's a cat picture.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! GOLD!!!

:smt005 da kitty is pushing a fricken melon!!!

also that dog fort almost had me fall off my chair laughing, too funny!!!
click here fo fotos
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

So its pretty quiet today....
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

I can relate :)
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

deviant wrote:
that didn't work either...
stupid 4chan

what animal is that?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

it looks like an otter! i totally want one, they are fricken awesome and too cute, you should check out more pics and vids of them, they are the radness....WANT ONE!!!!
click here fo fotos
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Large anal glands + fish-based diet = awesome house pet
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

so it would be feasible to own one? lol

i can has a pond out back for it or something
click here fo fotos
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Lizkins wrote:

i can has a pond out back for it or something
Liz, you don't have a pond OR a back to put it in

NO OTTER FOR YOU!!!
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

you'd be fairly familiar with the large anal glands though, wouldn't you Hardy?

oh wait :teefnilly: