Floating Points RA

Post links to mixes here.
aroes

Floating Points RA

Post by aroes »

So MB is looking more and more like it's gonna die in the arse. What I'll miss most is the mixes section. I have a folder on my comp that's hundreds upon hundreds of files deep, pretty much exclusively comprised of mixes from melbournejungle and melbournebeats. IMO alot of these sets have endless shelf life and are things that I constantly go back to when I get sick of searching for the latest greatest hype. If the forum absolutely must bite the dust in its current incarnation, I propose it be kept online as a place to post dj sets. Everyone that once frequented these parts now has a facebook/tumblr/twitter/whateverelse. Get the word out through these mediums and get your mates posting sets on here. Could be good. What do you guise reckon?

http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast- ... spx?id=301 (follow the links and sign up if you have to)
nic

Re: Floating Points RA

Post by nic »

yeh kill everything but mixes.
used to get loads mixes from here, acted like a good filter for wack shit TBH.
(as in ur r 1 trustworthy dude aroes :w:)

sometimes id accidentalyl a brostep if i was drunk then delete in the morning tho :(
aroes

Post by aroes »

yeah

the forum format in this instance is outdated for keeping in touch/posting gigs/debating about shit......but i stil reckon a central place for mixes that saves having to trawl through blogs and mailing lists is a good idea
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

If there wasn't so much shit/basically spam mixes being posted I think it would give regulars more incentive to post quality mixes. All this antonbanks, brendonclay, ballistik garbage needs to be deleted and monitored imo.
nic

Post by nic »

:lol:

BAN LIST

twisted brodio (brostep)
anton bronks (funky brakes)
brallistrerk (wack)
bendon ghey (wack electro house)
dj psyco (wack)
lebrosk (wck breaks funky krafty kkkk krafty)

etc.

(most of those cunts are from sydney afaik...their taste in music shows it as well)
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

man i even get soundcloud spam from topo and some other guy that must have found me thru here?
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
nic

Post by nic »

is that your treasured flux pavillion remix soundcloud spam
:lol:

?
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

that's the one!
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
enigneyratorelknaw

Post by enigneyratorelknaw »

I frequent here rarely these days as it seemed to be a localised bro club for sometime...
Even more rarely i would post a mix that would quickly fall off the page due to the amount of crap posted that is easily found on other parts of the net and also generally no interest whatsoever from melbourne heads.
People need a reason to keep coming back to check here, and a handful of people spitting shit on a forum is not enough.
F*k knows what the solution is really?
:clock:
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Can't a mod simply delete all the shit that is posted? Especially in the mix section. I'd love for it to be quality over quantity again and would definitely contribute.
nic

Post by nic »

rama II

Post by rama II »

I would also participate in such an endeavour. Many dope sets to find here between the shit. I would also contribute!
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

enigneyratorelknaw wrote:Even more rarely i would post a mix that would quickly fall off the page due to the amount of crap posted that is easily found on other parts of the net and also generally no interest whatsoever from melbourne heads.
People need a reason to keep coming back to check here, and a handful of people spitting shit on a forum is not enough.
RGLZ wrote:Can't a mod simply delete all the shit that is posted? Especially in the mix section. I'd love for it to be quality over quantity again and would definitely contribute.
an easy solution would be to have a new forum added, e.g. 'classic mixes'. i'm not sure what the criteria would be for moving a mix thread in there, but voting or some other kind of community input would be the criteria that comes to mind.

i don't see any need to have the current mixes section pruned or purged, but i'm happy to discuss it further.

in regard to the other comments about the current usage of the site - it's a community generated forum, so it'll reflect the content as posted by the users of the day.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

nic wrote:(most of those cunts are from sydney afaik...their taste in music shows it as well)
THE BANS

:nic:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
rama II

Post by rama II »

system wrote:
an easy solution would be to have a new forum added, e.g. 'classic mixes'. i'm not sure what the criteria would be for moving a mix thread in there, but voting or some other kind of community input would be the criteria that comes to mind.

i don't see any need to have the current mixes section pruned or purged, but i'm happy to discuss it further.

in regard to the other comments about the current usage of the site - it's a community generated forum, so it'll reflect the content as posted by the users of the day.
too much effort, need a bit of survival of the fittest in here.
enigneyratorelknaw

Post by enigneyratorelknaw »

nic

Post by nic »

any news on local bro club dot com?
aroes

Post by aroes »

launch party is next weekend at little evil's karate dojo

free vegan snags and special guest mc
nic

Post by nic »

direkt is back on the m i c ?
:shock:
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Just shut this down and start a new one. Problem solved. You'd lose all the douches and shit music that people post. WIN WIN!
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus