Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

And dennnn...

All my friends are in Austria or the USA, snowboarding every day, while I sit here in the first god-forsaken summer I have had in 4 years because I cracked my skull open last season. Summer sucks. Their messages to me suck. "Best. Snow. Ever."

:evil: :evil: :evil:
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Not having a very good day are you C.I.A :( how about you suggest to your crazy boss that you should bring in a snow-blower and create make-shift snow hills to snowboard on. you never know what he might say :shock: :lol: :wink:
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

:smt044
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
quick

Post by quick »

C.I.A. wrote:And dennnn...

All my friends are in Austria or the USA, snowboarding every day, while I sit here in the first god-forsaken summer I have had in 4 years because I cracked my skull open last season. Summer sucks. Their messages to me suck. "Best. Snow. Ever."

:evil: :evil: :evil:
go to the beach this sunday... thats what summer is all about :wink:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

True dat.

Just got to me when I heard it was going to be 41 degrees. My bedroom is upstairs and doubles as a convection oven when it is over 25.

Fuck it. I'll grab some icy cold ones, a gelati and stfu :wink:
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

*sigh* not coping today. I was teaching a student how to do an experiment yesterday, thought she understood it all, turned my head to do something else, turned it back and she'd not saved a solution. She'd pipetted it into the bin instead. If my experiment hasn't worked today I've lost one weeks work because she threw away our DNA. If it has worked, I've lost one day checking things after her stuff up. :S

Is it time to go home yet?
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

esky - check
ice - check
beer - check
spliffs - check
tunes - check
beach - check

8)
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
quick

Post by quick »

breaksRbest wrote:esky - check
ice - check
beer - check
spliffs - pfft
tunes - check
beach - check

8)
8)
nic

Post by nic »

The server room just got its own portable air con bought in for the week.....meanwhile im sweating buckets.

The server is nothing without people to do work to put on it. choke server choke, please gimme some air.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

*sigh* not coping today. I was teaching a student how to do an experiment yesterday, thought she understood it all, turned my head to do something else, turned it back and she'd not saved a solution. She'd pipetted it into the bin instead. If my experiment hasn't worked today I've lost one weeks work because she threw away our DNA. If it has worked, I've lost one day checking things after her stuff up. :S

Is it time to go home yet?

Ha ha ha. So been there. I was on a field trip, asked one of the honours students to water my ant colonies. Not too hard. She has a science degree. Mist them with this bottle 1x a day. Got back, 1 year of my PhD down the toilet. All my ants had died of dehydration. My sympathies.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

and I can't even work out how to quote properly. What kind of frikkin' day is this???
elysium

Post by elysium »

C.I.A. wrote:Just got to me when I heard it was going to be 41 degrees. My bedroom is upstairs and doubles as a convection oven when it is over 25.
I have exactly the same problem :(

I'm going to have take a matress downstairs on Sunday I think - it's going to be suffocating in my room.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

C.I.A. wrote:and I can't even work out how to quote properly. What kind of frikkin' day is this???

press the little 'quote' button at the top right corner of the persons post ;)
mrj

Post by mrj »

elysium wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:Just got to me when I heard it was going to be 41 degrees. My bedroom is upstairs and doubles as a convection oven when it is over 25.

I'm going to have take a matress downstairs on Sunday I think - it's going to be suffocating in my room.
:smt019 to you both. My house is a cave, which means its cool and damp.

Of course the bears constantly coming and going gets to be a bit of a nuisance.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

my office = teh hotness

sweaty mcsweat
elysium

Post by elysium »

what about bats? Do you also have a bat problem? This seems to be a common complaint of cave dwellers.
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

If you tell me
your room is cool
or you have a swimming pool

I'm going postal right now
It makes me weep
when I know I'll get no sleep :wink:
mrj

Post by mrj »

elysium wrote:what about bats? Do you also have a bat problem? This seems to be a common complaint of cave dwellers.
the bats aint so bad, its just like being on acid so you get used to it
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

and those bears in your little cave are the cutest! but they keep hiding in dark places down that LLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGGGG hallway and tripping me up, nasty little buggars they can be sometimes :roll:

:P :D
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Idea!!! Your sister is away. Slip and slide setup down your hallway, mrj!!
mrj

Post by mrj »

Lizkins wrote:and those bears in your little cave are the cutest! but they keep hiding in dark places down that LLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGGGG hallway and tripping me up, nasty little buggars they can be sometimes :roll:

:P :D
yeah, that hallway started talking to me the other night. nothing threatening though, just the usual, movies, sports etc.

My Gripe -

My boss and her new boss (so I guess my ultimate boss) were supposed to meet with me 45 MINUTES AGO and still have'nt turned up cos they are on a lunch junket

thanks guys.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

My lab has no air con so it is 35C in here. I have to cool down by standing in the corridor... which is airconditioned like the offices. Do some real work, and you're just left to sweat it out :(
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

God. and in a lab coat and closed shoes, lab stylin' style.
quick

Post by quick »

mrj wrote:
elysium wrote:

:smt019 to you both. My house is a cave, which means its cool and damp.

Of course the bears constantly coming and going gets to be a bit of a nuisance.
You live around the corner from The Peel yeah? explains the bears... :P
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

mrj you live very near me then!

the peel is scary. one of my old housemates made me go there once when he was newly gay. lol
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

C.I.A. wrote:God. and in a lab coat and closed shoes, lab stylin' style.
I've ditched the lab coat in protest! The boss came through the lab before and commented on how he liked our lab coats when 3 ppl didn't have them on. He ran off before listening to the complaints though.

I've still got my closed shoes (sneakers) on. I don't want to drop a scapel on my foot :oops:
quick

Post by quick »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:mrj you live very near me then!

the peel is scary. one of my old housemates made me go there once when he was newly gay. lol
you loved it... :wink: :smt079 :oops: :? :lol:
Realm Korrupt

Post by Realm Korrupt »

quick wrote:

Were you the 'housemate' that took Hugh?? :lol:
Like two skeletons copulating on a tin roof...
CRITICAL @ BUNKER - Sat Feb 18th
Hip Hop/Grime/Ghetto Tek/Jungle/Drum n Bass
Bek - Kammo - Quick - Livewire
quick

Post by quick »

Realm Korrupt wrote:
quick wrote:

Were you the 'housemate' that took Hugh?? :lol:
why, you wanna go? :P
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

I drank too much beer now i cant go to the pankcake parlor for late night goodness. FUCK. Whay did i have to drink beer.

Then again the PP is owned by the scientologists so.............meh i still want pancakes with ice cream and chocolate topping and 100's and 1000's
GO CATS! GO CATS!
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

I feel like shite :(

:needmorecoffee:
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
mrj

Post by mrj »

fucked my neck on Saturday night, possibly when I went completley ass over tit when I tripped over one of the couches in Bunker and landed on my head.

Sitting at the computer is not good for a sore neck. Not good at all.
Blush

Post by Blush »

Tequila on a schoolnight.... ooowwwwwww
Professional Gift

dust

Post by dust »

Blush wrote:Tequila on a schoolnight.... ooowwwwwww
:smt006

you get to work on time?
Blush

Post by Blush »

er...

Nope :lol:

no chance. But I will definately be leaving before time...it's all so difficult.. :?
Professional Gift

dust

Post by dust »

:smt056

Bacon is the key. Best hangover cure ever.
Blush

Post by Blush »

Thanks :lol: Hope your heads okay... then again, you wisely steered clear of the tequila!

In my world bacon is the cure for a whole heap of things, so I believe you ...*trots off downstairs to cafe
Professional Gift

dust

Post by dust »

Yep, i'm ok. Joe however is not.

Good luck with the bacon.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mrj wrote:fucked my neck on Saturday night, possibly when I went completley ass over tit when I tripped over one of the couches in Bunker and landed on my head.

Sitting at the computer is not good for a sore neck. Not good at all.
OUCH!!! That sounded painful babe :( Hope you get a massge or whatever soon to help.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Just receiving an email from Big Day Out crew to say they would love me on the team again this weekend to work with whatever shift i want....i can't fricken do it cos i have wedding rehearsals at 3pm that day :cry: FUCKEN!!!!!!
gnat

Post by gnat »

Mr J.. you were defo up for some type of injury Sat night :flogged:

:lol: :lol:

GOTD: Unmotivated. Fighting with secretaries at GP clinics to get client results. Not winning today. Over it completely.

:( :( :(
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
flippo

Post by flippo »

fucken Bracksy. The most exciting part of my project, that I was really looking foward to, we cant do anymore. Bracks government won't give us the permit untill after the election, just incase the results make his dredging project look bad. Fucken cunts :stab: :stab:
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Lost it in a meeting with my old boss today. She just said something related to careers and the flood gates burst and it was time to reach for the tissues. Walked home crying behind my sunglasses. It's all left me feeling rather shit, as the same thing happened at home on Friday night.

Ground down by the blues. :(
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Car Insurance fuckers

:smt076

AAMI can lick my ring
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
cha_chaos wrote:by the beard of zues! the security guards found it in melb central... wow... *teary eyed* im lucky

even tho its been found im going to be so much more careful and more honest if i ever come across anything thats been lost... i havnt b4 but i will definately make sure it gets back to where it came from
lucky u!
yeah... turns out $250 was missing tho... >_< too bad for me

spider bite

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
mecka

Post by mecka »

:cry:

gotd: ha! no gripes.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

So I called my professional teachers association today, because my NEW VCE book hasn't been sent to me yet. They've changed my course and book for next year. Classes begin next week and all I have to teach with is a study design without any content.

I could just send them out on fieldwork, but their SAC's for next term are based on fieldwork, not this term and I'm not allowed to teach the Unit out of order from what the person on the phone told me today.

She just said to hold tight and it might get to me by this Friday (4 days before school starts). It wouldn't be so bad, but they've changed the course so that I cant really use any of my lesson plans from last year.

ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:x :x :x

Is this considered a valid gripe?
mrj

Post by mrj »

obliveus wrote:So I called my professional teachers association today, because my NEW VCE book hasn't been sent to me yet. They've changed my course and book for next year. Classes begin next week and all I have to teach with is a study design without any content.

I could just send them out on fieldwork, but their SAC's for next term are based on fieldwork, not this term and I'm not allowed to teach the Unit out of order from what the person on the phone told me today.

She just said to hold tight and it might get to me by this Friday (4 days before school starts). It wouldn't be so bad, but they've changed the course so that I cant really use any of my lesson plans from last year.

ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:x :x :x

Is this considered a valid gripe?
This is definitley a valid gripe dude. Someone else poor organisation had turned into a crisis for YOU not them.

Go postal on their asses I reckon.
killeye

Post by killeye »

GOTD: whingers. we all know them :evil:
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
Will

Post by Will »

Getting offered a cadetship.

Means I have to stay in Lismore for at least another year.