Mixer Repairs??

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Kirts

Mixer Repairs??

Post by Kirts »

Had my Vestax mixer out on 'loan' for a quite a while. I have recently asked for it back and have found most of the metal connection casings have been ripped out of the rear resulting in no sound. Any one know if it is an easy fix and can recommend anyone??
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

fix it by smashing the lendee over the head taking their wallet and getting a new mixer.
try logitronics in northcote or warehouse sond in fitzroy
doesnt sound too expensivde unless its symbolic of more damage
Focus

Post by Focus »

Dj Village in Doncaster or the place next to that (they're connected some how) i think its called JLS ellectronics???
strategem

Post by strategem »

support one of our own. Go to Samurai AV.
call Sam on 0427268724
or email - [email protected]
www.acousticweaponry.com
- vinyl pressing
- audio equipment
- production management
- pyrotechnics
djboganofbeatz

Post by djboganofbeatz »

Focus wrote:Dj Village in Doncaster or the place next to that (they're connected some how) i think its called JLS ellectronics???
I totally agree, Yah Dj village has the repaire place next to them.
Awesome guys there, Talented aswell
motske

Post by motske »

had my mixer repaired by a dude at Warehouse Sound Systems... he was pretty grumpy and he smoked like a chimney in his workshop with butts covering the ground (whilst probably ashing in the exposed gear heh). This guy is the recommended repairer for Allen and Heath mixers!!! how the hell did he manage that??
im sorry if anyone knows him or whateva, but that guy seemed to really hate his job, ... he didn't do that greater job on my mixer either (although it was under warranty, so i guess he didn't like that)
strategem

Post by strategem »

SamuraiAV. he is a MB.com memeber, and a fucking good tech.
www.acousticweaponry.com
- vinyl pressing
- audio equipment
- production management
- pyrotechnics
Focus

Post by Focus »

Yeah if your near brunswick samurai would be the go. Seems like a nice guy plus he spray paints turntables as well. That blue one that was posted was mad.
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

motske wrote:had my mixer repaired by a dude at Warehouse Sound Systems... he was pretty grumpy and he smoked like a chimney in his workshop with butts covering the ground (whilst probably ashing in the exposed gear heh). This guy is the recommended repairer for Allen and Heath mixers!!! how the hell did he manage that??
im sorry if anyone knows him or whateva, but that guy seemed to really hate his job, ... he didn't do that greater job on my mixer either (although it was under warranty, so i guess he didn't like that)
:shock: :D
you're talkin about ian- he's reminds me of a mad scientist; gadgets and shit covering the walls and shelves, ciggies butts etc.
i've allways find him fairly helpful, not too expensive.
think you got him on a bad day :wink:
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

thats ian alright

his carefactor is pretty low. but ive never met anyone who knows more about audio equipment.

I used to work at warehouse and the amount of other repair companies, shops who offer repair services, big venues and studios who would bring in thier gear to him was astounding.

and there is no questioning he knows what he's doing. he just forgets to do the whole job sometimes.

I don't think he likes DJs much. they tend to blow up equipment...

for that matter he doesn't like musos either...