mcdonalds

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
bobinabottle

mcdonalds

Post by bobinabottle »

so i just got home from being out - not drunk or anything just a few beers tonight.. but i was absolutely famished since i didnt have time for dinner earlier

so i got some maccas on the way home coz it was easy and drive through and it was the only thing open on the way home

now i feel like absolute shit - theres this mass of stodge in my stomach and whilst it did get rid of my munchies i really wish i hadnt eaten that crap

maccas :smt012 :smt078 :smt019 :smt071
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Welcome to late night DJ food 101. I've learned the hard way that it's better to just drive home hungry. Going for a tic-tac or something from under the seat in the car is better than late night McD's. Your gut will love you more for it. Wait'll that morning turd turns up, too.

:lol:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Thanks for the visual Eric :shock:

I hate McChucks and I'll only eat it under duress or threat of starvation. I regret it every single time!
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

The Mixtress wrote:Thanks for the visual Eric :shock:

I hate McChucks and I'll only eat it under duress or threat of starvation. I regret it every single time!
You know you love it.

Did you guys get those McRibs back in the late 80's down here. It was like a spare rib sandwhich, but with no bone. They actually processed the meat in the shape of a rib, bone and all, so it looked like you were eating a rib without worrying about choking on the bone. Had one once. Nasty!!!

I will say I was tempted last night to stop at McD's on Smith street after my gig, but I kept on driving without looking back. Felt so much better this morning.

8)
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

obliveus wrote:
Did you guys get those McRibs back in the late 80's down here. It was like a spare rib sandwhich, but with no bone. They actually processed the meat in the shape of a rib, bone and all, so it looked like you were eating a rib without worrying about choking on the bone. Had one once. Nasty!!!
Sounds like the "Ribwich" on the simpsons

I don' think we got them in OZ
betson

Post by betson »

"we take 8 varieties of meat and proccess the HELL out of it"
Don't forget to bring a towell!!
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

so im driving home last night and make a stupid decision: its late, wet and cold, ill hit the drive thru and try one of those new taste Maccas menu additions they have. So im looking at the menu and go for a "chicken caesar", it comes all nice and wrapped up, im thinking hey this looks ok.

boy was i wrong.
the bun was made of a substance so cheap and soft im not even sure it was real bread. The chicken bit was a chunk of reprocessed meat that had barely been thawed in a microwave. The "caesar" bit was the worst... 4 or 5 limp tendrils of soggy lettuce, a couple of pieces of burnt ("crispy") bacon, and some unidentifiable sauce.

bottom line: the new menu is even worse than the old one.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

i quite like those caesar things. that said i've had some awesome ones and some terrible ones.

I used to get the chicken burgers with cheese and tomato. not only does this make it taste awesome, it means they make the burgers fresh.

I love late night drunken cheeseburgers but that's about all i eat from maccas these days. I've gone off fast food for the most part really. I still love KFC although the past few times have been more and more dissatisfying.
There's no justice, just us.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

obliveus wrote:Did you guys get those McRibs back in the late 80's down here. It was like a spare rib sandwhich, but with no bone. They actually processed the meat in the shape of a rib, bone and all, so it looked like you were eating a rib without worrying about choking on the bone. Had one once. Nasty!!!
yep, but not for long. they were fucking horrendous. :puke:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

go veg or stfu
http://www.goveg.com/
:smt023

apologies to those with weak stomach's, but this is how i feel every time i see someone eating meat

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by unsoundbwoy on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RK

Post by RK »

unsoundbwoy wrote:go veg or stfu
:script:
On the mish.....
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

obliveus wrote:Welcome to late night DJ food 101.
China Bar. That is all.
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

vegan or stfu. you can't not eat meat because of the cruelty to animals/environmental impact and still drink milk/eat animal based products.

it's all or nothing in my book.

ps i love meat.
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

aspekt wrote:vegan or stfu. you can't not eat meat because of the cruelty to animals/environmental impact and still drink milk/eat animal based products.

it's all or nothing in my book.

ps i love meat.
http://www.goveg.com/veganism_environment.asp wrote:where the environment is concerned, eating meat is like driving a huge SUV or an 18-wheeler. Eating a vegetarian diet is like driving a mid-sized car, and eating a vegan diet is like riding a bicycle or walking.
maybe ya right, i should stop my incidental dairy and bi-monthly egg intake, its all about steps
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

i love meat, just not shitty processed crap like macDs.

maybe its selfish, but i could never sacrifice the pleasure of a diverse diet encompassing all things animal and vegetable.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
bobinabottle

Post by bobinabottle »

unsoundbwoy wrote:Image
not to sound wrong or anything.. but did anyone else find this photo funny? looks like the chicken got too skinny coz it laid too many eggs :lol:

:hiding:
Schizo!

Post by Schizo! »

^^^ Also, unsoundbwoy, why did you post this pic if you were trying to be all self-righteous about being vegetarian?

Please note that not one of those pics put me off or made me feel the slightest bit guilty about eating meat.

You wanna be vegetarian, go right ahead. But please don't get all soap box about it.

Now, to get back on topic. Maccas is terrible.

I second the China Bar call, but only if no decent asian restaurants are open. Lots of quality places are still open along Lt Bourke St til 3am.
Last edited by Schizo! on Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Focus

Post by Focus »

Schizo! wrote: You wanna be vegetarian, go right ahead. But please don't get all soap box about it.
Second that,

And as for Macca's, it makes me feel sick after everytime i eat it, same with KFC but not red rooster or Hungry Jacks.

Thai food is the best, followed by chinese and italian. Dont mind some vietnamese too.
B0mBjAcK

Post by B0mBjAcK »

Schizo! wrote:You wanna be vegetarian, go right ahead. But please don't get all soap box about it.
Werd!

Last time I ate McD's was hmmm... mid last year? I hadn't eaten it for about nearly a year (not even so much as a few chips that someone offerd me) then one fateful night I went to a party had fun got drunk then had to go to work then on the way home from work I got McD's coz I was starving and it was fckn awful! I'd rather go hungry now, it's not even food.

Another reason to hate on McD's? How about this http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/Multimedia ... t/7556.pdf ? Ok so i know that GP are (probably) a bunch of fruite cakes, and I don't know how true the report is but it sounds plausable and I wouldn't be supprised if it was true.
That's so plausible I can't believe it!
XVi32 - It's a blog
Kulture - Melbourne Jungle/D&B blog
Melbourne D&B - Melbourne D&B Forum
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

RK wrote:
damn panzy.. if god didnt meanus to eat meat, then why did he make cows out of meat :teef:
strategem

Post by strategem »

makes me think of that old comedy routine "he's a 7th level vegan, doesnt eat anything that casts a shadow"

besides the stuff we eat is killed pretty humanely compared to it being hunted and butchered in the wild.

oh yeah, Macca's is shit.
www.acousticweaponry.com
- vinyl pressing
- audio equipment
- production management
- pyrotechnics
deviant

Post by deviant »

sAme'0 wrote:
RK wrote:
damn panzy.. if god didnt meanus to eat meat, then why did he make cows out of meat :teef:
get it right.... :roll:

If God didn't want us to eat cows then he wouldn't have mad them out of meat... :thumbright:
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

deviant wrote:
sAme'0 wrote:
RK wrote: :script:

If God didn't want us to eat cows then he wouldn't have mad them out of meat... :thumbright:
he wouldn't have made them out of meat. :teef:

if sam neill says we were meant to meet meat then i say it's aaaaaallright.

edit: and maccas is beyond wrong. :projectile:
ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

Five words for you "Double Beef And Bacon Burger" - It fills a whole and I reckon it tastes alrite IMO
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

ctoafn_DMZ wrote:Five words for you "Double Beef And Bacon Burger" - It fills a whole and I reckon it tastes alrite IMO
a whole what? :teef:
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

I'm ashamed to say that most drunken nights out i end up at Maccas...Cheeseburgers are my vice
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

Sam Neil says "our brains wouldn't be what they are today if we didn't eat red meat."

...I wonder what our brains will be like post-macca's evolution.

06/06/06 is the day of reckoning my friends when the first-born of the Parabolic Arches ("PA") generation enters the world hence-forth, and we'll see destruction of all things green en-masse.
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

...or those extreme vegans that don't even go through suburbs with the word "ham" in the name.

I'm a vegetarian. Not a strict vegetarian. I eat fish. And duck. Ducks are pretty much fish. Ducks spend most of their time partially submerged in the water, they're pretty much fish. So i'm not a strict vegetarian. Fish and ducks. And cows, pigs and sheep, anything that lives near water. So not a strict vegetarian, no.

Ah bill bailey.
Focus

Post by Focus »

I do admit, i like the taste of macca's, its cheap and i like it, like vb. But it does make me feel like shit afterwoulds.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

i had maccas for breakfast this morning, hung over driving back from geelong trying to get to work in time. It sucked!
GO CATS! GO CATS!
deviant

Post by deviant »

witty_pseudonym wrote:
deviant wrote:

he wouldn't have made them out of meat. :teef:
oops :oops:
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

i dont usually get self righteous, i mean ive bought enough vinyl to justify a war, but macca's??? reaaalllllyyyyy?????
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

We live in melbourne, there is no need to eat maccas anytime of the day or night.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

quiet roar wrote:We live in melbourne, there is no need to eat maccas anytime of the day or night.
drive-thru
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

It's not so bad.

Has a time and a place.
Don't hate me for house
quick

Post by quick »

jbs wrote:It's not so bad.

Has a time and a place.
:scr1pt:

nothing kfc tho... mmmmmmm
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

quiet roar wrote:We live in melbourne, there is no need to eat maccas anytime of the day or night.
exactly. some mornings i walk thru the Vic Markets and thru the deli area with all its amazing breakfast worthy treats. then walk past the maccas next to it and people are getting coffees and fruit toast and whatever else they serve for breakfast.

why wouldnt you just keep walking a teeny bit and get a real coffee and some fucking mad bakery delights or something?

:roll: at maccas. rather go hungry than eat it.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
deviant

Post by deviant »

yeah, I have noticed that in food courts where there is some amazing (sometimes :P) food from all cultures and tastes the biggest queue is at macca's or KFC.... dissapointing
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Food in food courts is usually worse than McDonalds I rekcon.
Don't hate me for house
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

hrmmm havent eaten any maccas, HJ, BK, SW, KFC or any other huge chain of food in hrmmm... 1.5 YEARS! feeling sooo good... even the smell of that stuff gets me queezy tho i do have a hard time getting cheap food late at night -_- or any food at all :teef:

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

I fall victim to the odd mcdonalds/Hungry Jacks trip at like 5am on Saturday night. I try to avoid it, cause when I eat that stuff I feel like shit, and wont eat anything else for the rest of the day.

Cheap & Nasty :smt078
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

There are other late night options.

China Bar, as I said, but also Stalactites (it's gotta be better than maccas). And there's a 24 hour burger joint on Spencer St that's pretty good if you don't mind the wait.
lynt

Post by lynt »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
exactly. some mornings i walk thru the Vic Markets and thru the deli area with all its amazing breakfast worthy treats. then walk past the maccas next to it and people are getting coffees and fruit toast and whatever else they serve for breakfast.

why wouldnt you just keep walking a teeny bit and get a real coffee and some fucking mad bakery delights or something?

:roll: at maccas. rather go hungry than eat it.

Been off the fast food bandwagon for about 6 years or so... can't do it. Feel ill at the smell of grease. But do what you like, I don't care :)
mrj

Post by mrj »

jbs wrote:Food in food courts is usually worse than McDonalds I rekcon.

a one way luke-warm ticket to food-poisoning
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

:scr1pt: I had a KFC coleslaw about 3 weeks ago...and that shit had e-coli. Next morning, I vomited about 6 bowls worth of pea soup -- it was pretty horrendous; have never been that ill before.
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

mrj wrote:
jbs wrote:Food in food courts is usually worse than McDonalds I rekcon.

a one way luke-warm ticket to food-poisoning
I saw a report on TT (I think) that claimed that many food courts are guilty of 'food washing'. Basically they wash all the meat at the end of the day and re-cycle it then next day with new sauces etc.

WRONG.
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

McDonalds McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut.
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

Having worked in the shopping centre industry for the past 6 years I can definitely vouch for never eating anything from a Food Court, McDonald's or otherwise. Most operators have an extremely tenuous grip on hygiene.
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

[quote="Schizo!"]^^^ Also, unsoundbwoy, why did you post this pic if you were trying to be all self-righteous about being vegetarian?

Please note that not one of those pics put me off or made me feel the slightest big guilty about eating meat.

You wanna be vegetarian, go right ahead. But please don't get all soap box about it.

quote]

sorry but i don't even get the vege argument sometimes. I don't like animals cruelly killed for our food, but i don't see Lions or other animals changing their diet cos they feel sorry for eating them. Simplistic way of putting it, but that's how i feel.
lynt

Post by lynt »

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.