faces of meth

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Terry Tate
Location: come in! this is lonely soldier! my location is....bookshop!

faces of meth

Post by Terry Tate »

i havent touched the stuff for a good 2 years now and im real glad. worst drug ever.

http://www.facesofmeth.us/main.htm
New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I hate those pics....

I know plenty of meth users, none of them look like that.

shock tactics

BTW: duplicate thread ;)
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

haha whoops :oops:

i agree that it is shock tactics to a degree. but i have known some dudes who have let themselves get to that point and its not pretty at all.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I'm sure you could get to that point. I just think that it's 100% the users responsibility to not let that happen, Meth is an inanimate substance that cannot be blamed for that level of degradation.

It should be called... Faces of people who are too stupid to look after themselves.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

I've seen heaps of people's lives change due to this fucked up drug.
Seen them age rapidly too.

Disturbing site.
I found those pics really sad.

The dude on the right with all the scabs on his face has classic symptoms of AIDS.
But I guess he caught it after prolonged use of this horrible drug, by sharing needles, or doing things he would never do in his right mind.

If that site never makes you never want to pick up the pipe again, then I don't know what will.

Seriously guys - how could you even ever smoke this shit now? :?:
Last edited by Little Evil on Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
flippo

Post by flippo »

deviant wrote:I'm sure you could get to that point. I just think that it's 100% the users responsibility to not let that happen, Meth is an inanimate substance that cannot be blamed for that level of degradation.

It should be called... Faces of people who are too stupid to look after themselves.
I don't think it's that simple mate, you don't have to be 'stupid' for a drug to take over you.
deviant

Post by deviant »

Little Evil wrote:Disturbing site.
I found those pics really sad.
totally :(

me too
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I'm gonna buy the CD!
nic

Post by nic »

Is it breaks?
Ice documentary a few weeks back? lol in a awful awful way....that woman picking through rubbish!
deviant

Post by deviant »

flippo wrote:
deviant wrote:I'm sure you could get to that point. I just think that it's 100% the users responsibility to not let that happen, Meth is an inanimate substance that cannot be blamed for that level of degradation.

I don't think it's that simple mate, you don't have to be 'stupid' for a drug to take over you.
ignorant maybe?

There's enough information available on drugs and their use that I fail to see how people can denounce responsibility for what happens to them. People have choice, we are alive, drugs are not. How can an inanimate substance take any responsibility or blame for people's lot. Sorry, but to me it really is that simple.
sternumbreaks

Post by sternumbreaks »

yucky thread :P
soundcloud.com/sternumbreaks
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

the lesson from all this is ...

don't take meth, take pingers instead cos you don't get face scabs.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

deviant wrote:
flippo wrote:

ignorant maybe?

There's enough information available on drugs and their use that I fail to see how people can denounce responsibility for what happens to them. People have choice, we are alive, drugs are not. How can an inanimate substance take any responsibility or blame for people's lot. Sorry, but to me it really is that simple.
i think its more to do with low self esteem. if you have willpower and are smart enough to realise whats happening you could nip it in the bud. but some people can get easily sucked into a nasty cycle of using. and with meth is extremely easy to get into that. and if you dont have much of a sense of self worth i imagine it would be very hard to get out of it.
i agree it is their choice and they cant go blaming anyone else for the consequences. but some people are just really messed up and fall really deep into it before realising how far theyve gone.
but i do agree. no excuses. they are responsible for their own lives and actions.
flippo

Post by flippo »

deviant wrote:
flippo wrote:

ignorant maybe?

mental health issues? people who feel they have nothing? Some people just have a very addictive personality, and thats often a physiological thing, remember addiction is considered a disease or disorder. You can have two people who want to take meth for the same reason, both equally intelegent, and yet one will not be able to shake it as easy as the other. I think there are alot more issues to think about other than if people know the risks. In human behaviour, often assesment of risk does not even come into the equation. I just hate the attitude that people have, about leaving junkies to die, no matter what the drug is, you try and tell them it can hapen to anyone given the right circumstances, they don't beleive you, and then a year later their brother o.d's. It's not that simpleimo mate, sorry.
almax

Post by almax »

I WANT SOME CRACK!
flippo

Post by flippo »

not that I'm saying you think junkies should be left to die of course.
deviant

Post by deviant »

Terry Tate wrote:
deviant wrote:
flippo wrote: I don't think it's that simple mate, you don't have to be 'stupid' for a drug to take over you.
ignorant maybe?

i think its more to do with low self esteem. if you have willpower and are smart enough to realise whats happening you could nip it in the bud. but some people can get easily sucked into a nasty cycle of using. and with meth is extremely easy to get into that. and if you dont have much of a sense of self worth i imagine it would be very hard to get out of it.
i agree it is their choice and they cant go blaming anyone else for the consequences. but some people are just really messed up and fall really deep into it before realising how far theyve gone.
but i do agree. no excuses. they are responsible for their own lives and actions.
:scr1pt:

in regards to the low self-worth issue,

yes, some people are depressed to the point that it would be considered an illness, drugs (like meth) can definately give some short-term (and needed) relief for the problem,... BUT if you think that it's a good idea to keep using, when all available information points to an extremely bad outcome then it's 100% your fault.

I for one steer clear of drugs when I'm feeling down, depressed, or unmotivated. Drugs should be enjoyed as a reward of celebration NOT an escape IMO.
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

deviant wrote:
flippo wrote:

ignorant maybe?

hmmm

i've seen my fair share of friends get messed up on amphetamine (read NOT meth) and the like, my empathy is seriously on the wane.
But everyone is different.
I for one could never in 1,000,000 years understand alchohol addiction, nor gambling addiction (why put your life savings into a fucking flashing box?)
but it's the "human condition"
I'm in the Anthropology honours program, and only four short years ago was the saddest bong head wanker you'd seen; no confidence, 12 kilos lighter (like i've got any weight to lose!!!!) and would relish any chance to take pills or speed or 'real' drugs.

During this phase i met a nice guy and we hang out a bit, going to parties and shit here and there (read: hardware, hard trance and hard techno) who smoked ice just before going out.
We were at the same uni, but different campus and kept in touch via email.
I kept all his emails because it shows the decline, over a one year period of him becoming more and more paranoid.... eventually all email communication ceased, and i hit him up with a "where you been" type email....
in a few weeks i got a reply "I'm on day release from prison...."

sad thing is, he used to be a really nice bloke, probably still is....?

Yeah, it's a fucken cop out to blame "society" or the substance itself; but whats the alternative

"yo, look at how fucked up my life is: you know what, I'm the one to blame, my fucked up physique, my baked-beaned teeth, my zero bank account and my criminal record....can't blame anyone else but me, mate."

and you all remember my "mate from up the road" while he alternates between taking shit and not, he is STILL stuck in a state of inertia....sure, the party is over, he has diminished skills (and confidence) and now has to "start over" in his life....... I told him the other day i'd be moving in with deb next year, and i might as well have kicked him in the balls with steel capped boots, as i'm pretty much his right leg and i don't think he'll adjust to life without coming down to mine whenever he wants to , to jump on the decks whenever he wants to and have a constant support just down the road from where he lives......
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

deviant wrote:
Terry Tate wrote:
deviant wrote: ignorant maybe?

:scr1pt:

in regards to the low self-worth issue,

yes, some people are depressed to the point that it would be considered an illness, drugs (like meth) can definately give some short-term (and needed) relief for the problem,... BUT if you think that it's a good idea to keep using, when all available information points to an extremely bad outcome then it's 100% your fault.

I for one steer clear of drugs when I'm feeling down, depressed, or unmotivated. Drugs should be enjoyed as a reward of celebration NOT an escape IMO.
That's commendable Deviant, but honestly I'm guessing you'd be one in a million. Every single hard luck drug story I've ever heard starts with someone trying to dull the pain, ease the pressure, forget their problems (or make them seem infinitesimal). I've used drugs for this reason, as well as elevating an already good mood.

I have one of the most addictive personalities I know. After 2 years of being off pot, I'm not pretty much back on (and kicking myself daily for it). But then again, I tried coke 5 or 6 times in my life and didn't like it much. No one else I know would refuse a line o' coke, but I would...even with my incredibly addictive personality.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
deviant

Post by deviant »

flippo wrote:not that I'm saying you think junkies should be left to die of course.
definately not saying that. I think they should be helped as much as the next person with social, health or psychological problems. I just think that people are WAY too quick to jump on the "meth (insert any drug of the moment here) is evil".
deviant

Post by deviant »

SoulWhiteMan wrote:Yeah, it's a fucken cop out to blame "society" or the substance itself; but whats the alternative

"yo, look at how fucked up my life is: you know what, I'm the one to blame, my fucked up physique, my baked-beaned teeth, my zero bank account and my criminal record....can't blame anyone else but me, mate."

that may seem really harsh and indeed difficult, BUT I beleive this must happen in order for people to change and get better. IT IS THE TRUTH!!! If you start blaming "human condition", "society", "inanimate chemicals", then nothing will ever change. You only really have the ultimate power to change yourself not any of these other factors.

The acceptance of blame for your own actions shouldn't come with shame. There is no shame, and indeed your shame is your responsibility or burden anyway.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

deviant wrote:
SoulWhiteMan wrote:Yeah, it's a fucken cop out to blame "society" or the substance itself; but whats the alternative

that may seem really harsh and indeed difficult, BUT I beleive this must happen in order for people to change and get better. IT IS THE TRUTH!!! If you start blaming "human condition", "society", "inanimate chemicals", then nothing will ever change. You only really have the ultimate power to change yourself not any of these other factors.

The acceptance of blame for your own actions shouldn't come with shame. There is no shame, and indeed your shame is your responsibility or burden anyway.
Heard Chris Rock do a standup joke along this vein. "There's black people and then there's niggers, and black people hate niggers for fucking everything up. The niggers are saying 'it's the media, presenting brothers in a bad light'. But when I'm standing at the ATM, I ain't looking over my shoulder for the media, I'm looking for niggers."
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
deviant

Post by deviant »

LOL Chris Rock rules :lol:
sternumbreaks

Post by sternumbreaks »

The Mixtress wrote:"There's black people and then there's niggers, and black people hate niggers for fucking everything up. The niggers are saying 'it's the media, presenting brothers in a bad light'. But when I'm standing at the ATM, I ain't looking over my shoulder for the media, I'm looking for niggers."
Gold.
soundcloud.com/sternumbreaks
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

almax wrote:I WANT SOME CRACK!

:lol:
...and basically that's the situation
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

I'm always after 'Crack' - but I think it's a different kind? :lol:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

argh! scarey pictures :shock:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Little Evil wrote:I'm always after 'Crack' - but I think it's a different kind? :lol:
I know why you and OB1 are really friends now
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Direktor wrote:
Little Evil wrote:I'm always after 'Crack' - but I think it's a different kind? :lol:
I know why you and OB1 are really friends now
Where else am I going to live?
It's nice in there.
Come visit me some time.
You should see how I've polished up the colon, and given the kidneys a make-over.
Here's my address...

0 OB1's Ass.
Just look for the big O around the front door - That's me.
I'll leave the porch light on for you.
Just make sure you take you shoes off, or give your feet a good wipe before you come in. I'm very anal about cleanliness.
:smt003
bobinabottle

Post by bobinabottle »

i was thinking, shit i dont want to turn out like that..

then i realised you have to mouse over the images :lol:
Focus

Post by Focus »

I saw a story on opera about this. Showed those same pictures and followed some people through their addictions including a 17 year old girl and a 20 something gay guy who tried to kill himself. Intense shit.

Snorting drugs is sweet but the whole act of smoking it is a real problem right there. Even putting your mouth to a cracky and sucking through air brings back that feeling in a very slight way.
deviant

Post by deviant »

Focus wrote:Snorting drugs is sweet but the whole act of smoking it is a real problem right there. Even putting your mouth to a cracky and sucking through air brings back that feeling in a very slight way.
I dunno man, how does the route of administration change the stigma/vibe?
sweetcheeks

Post by sweetcheeks »

deviant wrote:
Focus wrote:Snorting drugs is sweet but the whole act of smoking it is a real problem right there. Even putting your mouth to a cracky and sucking through air brings back that feeling in a very slight way.
there's a difference between consuming an illicit substance through organs which potentially have the capacity to regenerate themselves without serious damage. having a line of speed up your nose is mega different to cooking it up and bunting it into your veins. or smoking it in a glass pipe. all of them will fuck you up but will do so differently, in different stages of fuckedupedness
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

sweetcheeks wrote:
deviant wrote:
there's a difference between consuming an illicit substance through organs which potentially have the capacity to regenerate themselves without serious damage. having a line of speed up your nose is mega different to cooking it up and bunting it into your veins. or smoking it in a glass pipe. all of them will fuck you up but will do so differently, in different stages of fuckedupedness
yeh not only will different routes of administration effect you in different ways, having a line is alot different 'vibe-wise' to smoking and then staring hungrily at the pipe as it makes its way through everyone else back to you.

on a related note, the most effective route of administration (the one that will enable the lowest percentage of drug wasteage) besides jacking up is putting it up your ass.
alot of celebs prefer this as not only do you absorb more of the drug but they dont destroy their septum or burnt out their sinus cavities. like buffy has done :wink:
Last edited by Terry Tate on Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Terry Tate wrote:
sweetcheeks wrote:
deviant wrote: I dunno man, how does the route of administration change the stigma/vibe?
yeh not only will different routes of administration effect you in different ways, having a line is alot different 'vibe-wise' to smoking and then staring hungrily at the pipe as it makes its way through everyone else back to you.

on a related note, the most effective route of administration (the one that will enable the lowest percentage of drug wasteage) besides jacking up is putting it up your ass.
alot of celebs prefer this as not only do you absorb more of the drug but they dont burnt out their sinus cavities. like buffy has done :wink:
But wouldn't you burn out your arse-hole? :shock:
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

yeh but apparently its not as bad. i cant remember the exact terms and whatnot but it has to do with their being more blood vessels and the like in your rectum. and they regenerate faster.
ill try and find my old addiction studies books from uni and track down the info.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Terry Tate wrote:yeh but apparently its not as bad. i cant remember the exact terms and whatnot but it has to do with their being more blood vessels and the like in your rectum. and they regenerate faster.
ill try and find my old addiction studies books from uni and track down the info.
If only Jay Kay from Jamiroquay had of known that.
He's disolved half his septum in his nose because of excessive coke usage, and got told he'd be dead in 6 months if he didn't slow down. :shock:

With the whole drugs up the ass thing, I have a question...

I put the snorter right up there, and suck really hard, while moving carefuly along the line, but alas, nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong?
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Little Evil wrote:
Terry Tate wrote:yeh but apparently its not as bad. i cant remember the exact terms and whatnot but it has to do with their being more blood vessels and the like in your rectum. and they regenerate faster.
He's disolved half his septum in his nose because of excessive coke usage, and got told he'd be dead in 6 months if he didn't slow down. :shock:

I put the snorter right up there, and suck really hard, while moving carefuly along the line, but alas, nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong?
:lol: :lol:

have you or your partner tried eating several oranges an hour or so beforehand?
this could help matters along
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Little Evil wrote:

What am I doing wrong?
thanks for the visual on that one Drew :P
deviant

Post by deviant »

Terry Tate wrote:
sweetcheeks wrote:
deviant wrote: I dunno man, how does the route of administration change the stigma/vibe?
agreed..... wierd isn't it? :? theoretically it shouldn't make any difference.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

man i didn't realise the pipe was viewed so badly :?
Focus

Post by Focus »

The pipe is evil.

I know people who have "plugged" their pills, they say its almost like double dropping. I am yet to try it myself, its just not the most enticing way to get fucked up plus you apparently have to clench cheeks hard because you get the over whelming fealing that you have to do a number 2. Try doing that at a club.

I'm sure someone here would of done it? anyone care to share :lol:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

joy blows?
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:joy blows?
:lol: :teef:
Kilgore_Trout

Post by Kilgore_Trout »

bobinabottle wrote:i was thinking, shit i dont want to turn out like that..

then i realised you have to mouse over the images :lol:
LOL! Same here.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:joy blows?
LOL!

When I read that, I felt a little quiver of excitement in my ring.
deviant

Post by deviant »

rofl @ hardy's ring
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

:oops: Just realised you had to run your mouse over it derrr....and EWwww.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

D wrote::oops: Just realised you had to run your mouse over it derrr....and EWwww.
yeah i feel a bit bad for thinking they looked bad already, even after running the mouse over the images. Oppsssy
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I didn't even think they looked that bad!

Some of them (the dude second from right) almost looked better after hand!

Drugs are drugs - whatever way you do 'em. Obviously some ways are gonna mess you up more so though.
There's always two sides too a coin though. Maybe you get a better rush off mainlining etc, but along with that comes a higher chance of overdose, addiction and associated problems. Meh