ELEMENTZ & FRACTURED: TEEBEE + BSE - 7TH JULY, FRI!!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Direktor wrote:
Johnny Hooves wrote:
Theres some really shit attitudes towards artists on this forum.
I wasn't there - but there is such a thing as freedom of speech IMO. If someone thinks someone sucks they should be able to say so w/out people attacking them over it.
This is not an ass-sucking artist forum, just because it's frequented by more so called 'artists' than general punters. If people are passionate about their music they should be equally allowed to voice their dissapointment and their appreciation if they believe it's warranted.

As for giving someone a go at an international gig... personally I think that's bullshit. Get your experience at local smaller gigs - not when people are forking out $40 for a ticket for the creme de la creme of locals and internatty's alike. There's plenty of great locals who've had the experience, paid their dues and still don't get booked (anyone heard of Wasp?).

Personally I thought Tray was great at the Espie. Bummed I missed the gig on Friday, especially following the SMS from el' Ficko.

edit: I'm with Deviant on his comments.
:scr1pt: x a billion to all that.

Especially about Waspy, best MC in my opinion. top notch on the lyricals and knows when to lay low on drop downs and when there is other lyrics over the track.
B0mBjAcK

Post by B0mBjAcK »

Lizkins wrote:
Direktor wrote:
Johnny Hooves wrote:
Theres some really shit attitudes towards artists on this forum.
I wasn't there - but there is such a thing as freedom of speech IMO. If someone thinks someone sucks they should be able to say so w/out people attacking them over it.
This is not an ass-sucking artist forum, just because it's frequented by more so called 'artists' than general punters. If people are passionate about their music they should be equally allowed to voice their dissapointment and their appreciation if they believe it's warranted.

As for giving someone a go at an international gig... personally I think that's bullshit. Get your experience at local smaller gigs - not when people are forking out $40 for a ticket for the creme de la creme of locals and internatty's alike. There's plenty of great locals who've had the experience, paid their dues and still don't get booked (anyone heard of Wasp?).

Personally I thought Tray was great at the Espie. Bummed I missed the gig on Friday, especially following the SMS from el' Ficko.

edit: I'm with Deviant on his comments.
:scr1pt: x a billion to all that.

Especially about Waspy, best MC in my opinion. top notch on the lyricals and knows when to lay low on drop downs and when there is other lyrics over the track.
Yes! Waspy is fckn dope, haven't heard him for a while someone bring out Waspy again plz k thnx! Watkiss was fckn awesome too I'd pay a truck load to see him again.
That's so plausible I can't believe it!
XVi32 - It's a blog
Kulture - Melbourne Jungle/D&B blog
Melbourne D&B - Melbourne D&B Forum
downtime

Post by downtime »

Okay back on topic!

BSE blew the place apart! Absolutely storming, mad set, seriously impressed... No fucking around that's for sure...
Schizo!

Post by Schizo! »

B0mBjAcK I'm hearin ya about the interstate hotties. Was having a ball with this awesome chick all night but she was from Perth :(

s3L3cTa I can tell you that the second (was it second?) track that BSE played was Stakka & Skynet - Altitude. Haven't heard that track played out by anyone (not even Skynet, both times he's been here) so that was quite a moment for me, totally lost my mind :D:D:D

Was a fucking AWESOME night.

TeeBee was absolute quality as always, anyone who says different is entitled to their opinion, but I definitely don't agree. Track selection was dope, mixing was flawless and he threw in a few scratches here and there which were very slick :)

Rene from BSE blew me away. Was rockin out like a maniac. Choon after choon after choon. My legs are still sore today :lol:

Biggups to Izza for jumpin' around front row centre with me the whole time.

Very large ups to my man Piers, always a pleasure :)

Extreme ups to Jerry, Trey and Johnny for the live show. Enjoyed it immensely :)

Whoever else deserves ups of varying heights then they're yours, sorry that I forgot you :)
Little did I know, and even less did I care.
s3L3cTa

Post by s3L3cTa »

Hey Schizo!,
yeah Altitude is a blazin track, and ill agree with you i haven't heard a dj play that one in ages. its quite a track for me as well, one of the first dnb tracks i heard back in the day.
in any case yeah i don't remember the order of the tracks but i have recorded the track that i wanted, and the track that was played before the track im chasing was BSE - The Sun. im pretty sure it was early on in the set.
cheers all
Mario
TheOperatives

Post by TheOperatives »

check theops radio thread, he dropped some heavies in the studio, audio will be up tomorrow.....
ImageImage
10MO.

Post by 10MO. »

THE QUEST! Teebee rocked it, BSE ever harder... wikkid night!!
Flash

Post by Flash »

Wicked night!

Amazing set's by both, really digged BSE's set, it got progressively more insane! :P

What was with the sound!?
that has to be the best sound ive heard at a gig i reckon! :twisted:
It was faultless...

plz use again and again and again....
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

buuts wrote: What was with the sound!?
Easy.... NEXO
simcard

Post by simcard »

it was a mean gig the crowd was one of the most friendlest since moved over from nz talked to some sweet people. As for the MC i liked TRAY apart from the where are all the chicks call that was pritty weak and i reckon wasp was bad ass at the gig at the showdown at revolver and melbounre beats unite gig. The j up the front just before teebee started was also good times
patch

Post by patch »

buuts wrote:What was with the sound!?
It was faultless...

wait til you hear a KV system :shock: :shock: :shock:
you thought the Nexo was good... oh gosh
http://www.facebook.com/patchsauce
BBA PODCAST 008 - THE OUTLOOK PROMO MIX

View this on Soundcloud

stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

simcard wrote:it was a mean gig the crowd was one of the most friendlest since moved over from nz talked to some sweet people. As for the MC i liked TRAY apart from the where are all the chicks call that was pritty weak and i reckon wasp was bad ass at the gig at the showdown at revolver and melbounre beats unite gig. The j up the front just before teebee started was also good times
Jah Bless Kiwi's :love:

Ka Pai bro :D
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

yeah i too had a great night- big ups to all involved

really good crowd everyone was great

BSE ripped a hole in it
Fents

Post by Fents »

patch wrote:
buuts wrote:What was with the sound!?
It was faultless...

wait til you hear a KV system :shock: :shock: :shock:
you thought the Nexo was good... oh gosh
C'mon Patchy you have witnessed a Tower Of Terror (EAW) at an old Tekstep gig surely...KV cant be better than that can it?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

EAW.... I reckon Nexo craps all over 'em Fents.

Put a similar sized NEXO system alongside the ol' Tower of Power and I think it'd leave it for dead.

....or maybe it's just me.
Fents

Post by Fents »

I agree the nexo's are dope mate. Clean as all hell.

But when Sean Rol-n had the tower cranked at the Hi Fi i used to leave in the morning with my gut churning from the bass. It was the perfect DnB system...as DnB has low bass frequncies. I reckon it would be similar to a small portion of the valve system.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Fents wrote:when Sean Rol-n had the tower cranked at the Hi Fi i used to leave in the morning with my gut churning from the bass.
You sure it was from the bass?

:lol:
Will

Post by Will »

Direktor wrote:
Fents wrote:when Sean Rol-n had the tower cranked at the Hi Fi i used to leave in the morning with my gut churning from the bass.

I swear I've seen Fents post that same anecdote with someone else giving the exact same reply four times now.

No dis.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Will wrote:
Direktor wrote:

I swear I've seen Fents post that same anecdote with someone else giving the exact same reply four times now.

No dis.
I swear all the time - mainly to punctuate the wisdom that most people mistake for mumbles. All time bad ass bass memory would be the first time I seriously observed a d'n'b set through a 8K JBL system, custom enclosures with QSC amps in a cafe with varnished wooden floors. my bogan metal mate was working the rig and he was pretty much convinced that his balls were tingling from the amount of air wobbling from the low end. 2nd fondling memory of maximum bass was the hi-fi with Raiden - felt like my wind pipes were constricting.

back on topic - heres a link to the 3dworld review

http://www.threedworld.com.au/content/view/1419/36/
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
Will

Post by Will »

factory worker wrote:
Will wrote:
Direktor wrote: You sure it was from the bass?

No dis.
I swear all the time - mainly to punctuate the wisdom that most people mistake for mumbles. All time bad ass bass memory would be the first time I seriously observed a d'n'b set through a 8K JBL system, custom enclosures with QSC amps in a cafe with varnished wooden floors. my bogan metal mate was working the rig and he was pretty much convinced that his balls were tingling from the amount of air wobbling from the low end. 2nd fondling memory of maximum bass was the hi-fi with Raiden - felt like my wind pipes were constricting.

back on topic - heres a link to the 3dworld review

http://www.threedworld.com.au/content/view/1419/36/
I think Keir's just been out promo-whored.
Fents

Post by Fents »

Will wrote:
Direktor wrote:

No dis.
And your point is?
Will

Post by Will »

Fents wrote:
Will wrote:
Direktor wrote: You sure it was from the bass?

No dis.
I think it's funny. Like call and response -- a comedic alley-oop if you will.

And your point is?