Jesus Camp

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
flippo

Jesus Camp

Post by flippo »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6RNfL6IVWCE

Next generation of fundamentalist terrorists?

Discuss.
almax

Post by almax »

HOLY SHIT
gnat

Post by gnat »

:?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Yeah i saw this, its fucked up! I love the way americans only see islamic fundermentalism but not christain fundermentalism.

I will stop now coz i dont want to offened anyone :-)
GO CATS! GO CATS!
flippo

Post by flippo »

keep in mind the clever editing and what effect that has on you btw.
mrj

Post by mrj »

disturbing
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yes. fucked up.

makes me ashamed to share an accent with them.

whats worse is the gay reprogramming christian camps.

where they get their kids to listen to tapes over and over saying shit like
"you DO like sleepin with women, this is just a phase your going through, you want to have babies"

save me now.

save me from the fundamentalists.
flippo

Post by flippo »

the thing is, to me it is clear (from what I've seen at least) that the director had the intention of portraying them in a cretain light, they had an aggenda. which makes for a very bad documentary and only breeds more confusion. Ironicaly, the people who run the camp apparently really liked the way they have been portrayed, so go figure.
nic

Post by nic »

fark!!. filth. religion is just really a good idea that becomes hugely fucked in its execution. (yes thats you all you popeys (sp?lol) and aaotollahs (sp?lol)

wutang4eva
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

bit whack innit
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
flippo

Post by flippo »

This kind of attitude is very similar to hardcore islamic fundamentalists terrorist groups. Maybe not entirely as openly agressive, but give it a few more bombings and a few more generations. Now imagine what it would be like if fundamentalist terrorist groups had billions of dollars to spend on arms every year.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

watched an episode of Morgan Spurlock's 30 days the other night, an athiest moved in with a family of fundamentalist christians.

the christian father could not figure out how the athiest woman could not believe in God. he kept asking her why she hated Jesus so much, "how can i hate Him when i dont believe in him" she said.

if you slow it down, you can pinpoint the moment when his brain explodes in dissbelief.

"but what do you teach your children!!?!"

i dunno, maths or something.

dick
www.dubstep.com.au
mrj

Post by mrj »

Furthermore, imagine if the US achieves sole militarisation of space utilises this capability under such an agressive fundamentalist religious doctrine (not to say that current US policy is not aggressive, it is the definition of aggresive).

seriously, think about it. The US would have the ability to kill anyone in the world within the space of say 3-4 minutes and would be making those decisions primarily on whether you were "with jesus" or "against jesus"
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Citizen Smif wrote: No ones wrong, No ones Right.
Airing your opinion about it will only cause drama.

It's not getting anyone anywhere.
i dont agree.

the world is so damn PC in public, and so judegemental in private.

i think talling about our own ideals and beliefs is good for humanity > not bad.
opinions are fine, hating is not.
CoB

Post by CoB »

fuck man.
these are kids!!
KIDS!!

the adults are acting like kids who havent grown up.
this shit really makes me quite sad.

you know what...
I know I'm fucked up..
but..
I'm not.. THAT fucked up..

hate breeds hate.

I could go on.. for a long time.. but feel i should stop.. because.. well.. yeah
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

I used to laugh at the US and it's fundamentalists but there is a very real danger of that shit gaining momentum here.

If Jesus does come again, I bet he's most pissed with the fundies.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Good on em, keep the younger generation of weirdo's in the bush.. Seems like a good idea to me!!!! :wink:
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
nic

Post by nic »

Religion shouldn't be discussed on here like this IMO.

No ones wrong, No ones Right.

disagree too.
when religion causes so much unrest and negative outcomes n shit then it needs to be questioned and made fun of (as a hilarious and constructive way of lookign at 'issues'). People get so uppity about people questioning religion and and criticism of it its bizarre. Its a 'tricky' subject but is definately not off limits.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

3 words.
DINOSAURS DINOSAURS DINOSAURS.
CoB

Post by CoB »

ok.. maybe i will go on.. just a little..

but the whole putting focus on kids because "that's where our enemies are putting it" or whatever.. just seems fucked up..
do they realise they are.. DIRECTLY comparing themselves with the "enemy" and COPYING the "enemy" in order to.. erm.. wait.. what are they doing again??

sure.. the world WOULD be a lot simpler if everyone was one religion. but what will people do to get this?
and once it is achieved, how will they enforce this?
Kill all heathens?
have a world where half hte people are too scared out of their mind to have a different belief system?
shit does not progress when this happens. life would become stale, both in individual lives, and humanity in general.
ritual for the sake of ritual.

etc etc.. you get my viewpoint..
PS. i don't HATE religion. it is a way I believe many people can find their way. but it is when people are so stuck in the religion they have chosen, that that is all they can see. Big problems arise.

that is all.
*shuts up for real*
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

nic wrote: Its a 'tricky' subject but is definately not off limits.
word.

everyone seems to be scared of any kind of dabate these days.

dumb terrorists.
flippo

Post by flippo »

Citizen Smif wrote:Religion shouldn't be discussed on here like this IMO.

No ones wrong, No ones Right.

there is much more too this than religion. This is not a discusion of religion A is better than religion B.

It's a film avaliable to the public, people are going to talk about it, and people should talk about it.

And we're adults.

No one has said on this thread that jesus was wrong, god doesen't exist, Jesus wasn't the song of God, Buddah was smarter or anything like that. What is the concern with this behavior is not meerly the fact that they are religeous.

I wan't to have kids, and I want them to have grandkids, and I wan't the world to be peaceful and beautiful for them. So when I see someone chanting 'this means war! this means war!', teaching hate and intolerance to a bunch of impressionable young kids, who happen to be the next generation of the most powerful nation in the world, I take it pretty fucking personally. I don't give a fuck if they are an atheist or peagan, it needs to be dealt with.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

CoB wrote:ok.. maybe i will go on.. just a little..

but the whole putting focus on kids because "that's where our enemies are putting it" or whatever.. just seems fucked up..
do they realise they are.. DIRECTLY comparing themselves with the "enemy" and COPYING the "enemy" in order to.. erm.. wait.. what are they doing again??

sure.. the world WOULD be a lot simpler if everyone was one religion. but what will people do to get this?
and once it is achieved, how will they enforce this?
Kill all heathens?
have a world where half hte people are too scared out of their mind to have a different belief system?
shit does not progress when this happens. life would become stale, both in individual lives, and humanity in general.
ritual for the sake of ritual.

etc etc.. you get my viewpoint..
PS. i don't HATE religion. it is a way I believe many people can find their way. but it is when people are so stuck in the religion they have chosen, that that is all they can see. Big problems arise.

that is all.
*shuts up for real*
I believe that we'd be better off without religion full stop.

this shit scares me.
nic

Post by nic »

Gwen Stefani says:

Don't speak
I know what you're saying
So please stop explaning
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
Don't speak I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts

and teh Ying Yang Twins add:

Hey how you doin lil mama? lemme whisper in your ear
Tell you sunthing that you might like to hear
You got a sexy ass body and your ass look soft
Mind if i touch it? and see if its soft
Naw i'm jus playin' lets just say i can
And im known to be a real nasty man
And they say a closed mouth dont get fed
So i dont mind asking for your head

Ay Jesus! wait til you see my dick
Wait til you see my holy idol
Ay Allah! wait til you see my dick
Imma beat dat Jesus up
flippo

Post by flippo »

mrj wrote:Furthermore, imagine if the US achieves sole militarisation of space utilises this capability under such an agressive fundamentalist religious doctrine (not to say that current US policy is not aggressive, it is the definition of aggresive).

seriously, think about it. The US would have the ability to kill anyone in the world within the space of say 3-4 minutes and would be making those decisions primarily on whether you were "with jesus" or "against jesus"
exactly J
nic

Post by nic »

it will help by facillitating the pciking up of girls with which you can procreate?
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

it's a 2 and a half minute trailer that is edited to add drama. Doesn't say a whole lot to me.
mrj

Post by mrj »

quiet roar wrote:I used to laugh at the US and it's fundamentalists but there is a very real danger of that shit gaining momentum here.

If Jesus does come again, I bet he's most pissed with the fundies.
I agree with that

I was actually thinking about the term "fundamentalism" particularly with regards to religion last night, and I think the term is misused.

These people are not religious fundamentalists in my view.

The christian doctrine, among other things, is based on the ten commandments. Yes? No?

So if the US truly adhered to Christian fundamentalist doctrine you would think that they would not be engaged in acts of war (nor terrorism), as this is (pretty hard to wage a war without killing, although we could always resort to name calling, or hurtful text messages).

I think Christian "fundamentalists" would be much better branded Christian "selectivists" in that they choose to adhere parts of their religion that are convenient in legitimising their actions and manufacturing consent from the populace.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Citizen Smif wrote:
flippo wrote: I wan't to have kids, and I want them to have grandkids, and I wan't the world to be peaceful and beautiful for them. So when I see someone chanting 'this means war! this means war!', teaching hate and intolerance to a bunch of impressionable young kids, who happen to be the next generation of the most powerful nation in the world, I take it pretty fucking personally. I don't give a fuck if they are an atheist or peagan, it needs to be dealt with.
And hows posting on a melbourne music forum gonna solve anything.
If you don't wish to be a part of the discussion, you're more than welcome to leave the thread.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Also... locked in 5... 4... 3 ...
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Lets start a camp for kids who wanna fight the kids at jesus camp! SIMPLE.
flippo

Post by flippo »

Citizen Smif wrote:
flippo wrote: I wan't to have kids, and I want them to have grandkids, and I wan't the world to be peaceful and beautiful for them. So when I see someone chanting 'this means war! this means war!', teaching hate and intolerance to a bunch of impressionable young kids, who happen to be the next generation of the most powerful nation in the world, I take it pretty fucking personally. I don't give a fuck if they are an atheist or peagan, it needs to be dealt with.
I'm interested to know where everyone stands with this. Interested to see how people interpret these attitudes, why it is gaining momentum. I think it is one most imporant issues we are facing today. I just find it interesting in general, other people obviously do, if you don't thats fine.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

Citizen Smif wrote:
Citizen Smif wrote:
My bad, i thought it was that video of everyone acting drunk.
u know the one.
the pentecostals. that is easily just as bad.
www.dubstep.com.au
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Citizen Smif wrote:
Hardy wrote:
Citizen Smif wrote: And hows posting on a melbourne music forum gonna solve anything.
If you don't wish to be a part of the discussion, you're more than welcome to leave the thread.
fuck off hardy. hows thats sound.
What a brilliant retort. My point is (though i didn't think it needed explaining), you clearly don't wish to be a part of this discussion, so why hang about?
mrj

Post by mrj »

Maybe we need Pentecostal Breaks.
flippo

Post by flippo »

shepherd wrote:it's a 2 and a half minute trailer that is edited to add drama. Doesn't say a whole lot to me.
yeh, I agree it is edited to add drama, as posted earlier. I don't dismiss it as usless however. There is more footage on youtube, and alot of other examples of this rising crusader like attitude, on various forums, news reports, articles etc. It just really worries me.
mrj

Post by mrj »

Can I just point out the irony in the fact that a thread that was dedicated to the subject of tolerance (pretty much anyway) has resulted in name calling.
CoB

Post by CoB »

hrm..
I wonder if someone went over to them..
told them they were the second coming of jesus..
and told them to stop..
how many vote they would instantly kill said person?
hehehe
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

agree with flippo...

religion is tearing up the world at the moment, not making it better.

i have alwasy had issues with ALL religions casue they preach that if you follow a certain set of rules, outsdie of that you can do whatever the fuck you like, which does not wash with me.

and also, the fact of putting your faith OUTSIDE yourself.

im not pointing any fingers, but this basis for belief seesm to allow bombing fellow humans and raping kids as long as you do other things that are 'right'

no.

im an agnostic.

i belive in the power of the universe...and i hate, hate hate the word "GOD"
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Dude, chill the fuck out. You posted this:

My bad, i thought it was that video of everyone acting drunk.
u know the one.

AFTER i posted this:

Just chill the fuck out.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Ok ok ill give a serious answer.
Being a father of 2 kids ive noticed how easy it is to mold your children into anything you like, its so easy its scary.
I think this whole bizzo with the kids is really fucked up. I used to go out with a girl who went on bible retreats and shit and at the age of 19 she was so fearful she told me if i kept living the way i did that when armagedon came the devil will disguise himself as my family members and would come to my window and coax me outside where at that point he would grab me and drag me to hell..
Kids should not be involved in such bullshit, how dare we drag a child away from there innocence and make them paranoid and unable to go out and listen to jungle.......
mrj

Post by mrj »

ghetto kitty wrote:im an agnostic.
I am agnostic too, although mainly because its a nice little way of not having to make a decision about something I don't understand.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

...and basically that's the situation
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Mellogs wrote:Image
Llama Llama Duck!

I love Llama
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Anyone know where you can sign up? :shock:
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Grey Son wrote: Kids should not be involved in such bullshit, how dare we drag a child away from there innocence and make them paranoid and unable to go out and listen to jungle.......
:scr1pt:

Religion should be made illegal for people under 18 at which time they are free to make their own choice
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

word.

religion and any alliance with any one sports team.

:P
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Yeah, I hope Port do the Jesus's on the weekend. :lol:
kronz

Post by kronz »

I tell you what LE i'll join jesus camp with you. I think we could have some fun there.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

kronz wrote:I tell you what LE i'll join jesus camp with you. I think we could have some fun there.
Can you imagine that? :lol:
Two of the most staunch ant-religious people who post on here, going to Jesus camp. :lol:

We'd get burnt at the stake mate.
But as Long as I took that pre-pubescent preacher with the trailor trash tail down before they got me, I'd be cool with that. :lol: :lol: