Post your G20 pics!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

ulyssian wrote:what about the staff who work in those premises so they can paty there way, did they not deserve protection?

once again.... if there were no police how would one behaved differently.... rush the building and stop the meeting, hurting one of the members of these coutries... killing someone.... extreme - yes, possible - yes!

And 10,000 can provide:
1 property rent for a year for a family
1,000 months of food parcels
whitegoods to service 20 families
1,000 nights of emergency accom.

These actions did not achieve a positive outcome.
Please be proactive - but sensibly! Voice your opinions effectively. And treat others as you would expect to be treated - everyday!

If you were one of the peaceful protesters there for a cause, then I applaud you, If you were there cos you wanted to protest against the G20 - and acted worse than a drunken idiot - then shame and maybe you should re-evaluate what you stand for and how you contributed to positive change.
Everyday should be the day you make a positive impact in this world.

(I'm going to stop now)
i wish my money went into welfare (read: relieving the impacts/injustices of capitalism) but the reality is that more of your taxes go into defense than welfare
about $60m a year for welfare, about $100m a year for defence
http://www.budget.gov.au/2006-07/bp2/html/index.htm
Last edited by unsoundbwoy on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Bahhhh start a 3rd group that go's down and bash's cops and protestors....oh and transit cops................
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

numz wrote:I reckon any peeps who got sconned on the head or whatever had it coming. The G8/G20 summits are a feral free for all, where it seems the intent of quite a few is to wind up the cops and authorities. Then push comes to shove and you cry brutality.

And sure, it might be great to witness anarchy in this pissweak form... but hell, hardly a protest that makes a difference imo.
:scr1pt:[/quote]

Well, next time you are unarmed, being pushed into a closed location, taking pictures,trying to reason with the police officer who's pressing you with a riot shield, whilst screaming at you THEN he takes the time to SMITE you with said riot shield perhaps your attitude will change.

What really shit me about this protest was the amount of drinking/smoking pot going on in the crowd. Way to discredit yourselves. Wankers.

Then in contrast meeting some of the friendliest, easy-going and generally nice people in months; at the same time.

I'm still at a loss as to why the RIOT POLICE were even there, before they started it wasn't even a yelling match.

-lachie
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

*catalyst wrote:I'm still at a loss as to why the RIOT POLICE were even there, before they started it wasn't even a yelling match
This might be a stab in the dark but i think they are there to stop riots!!
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Grey Son wrote:
*catalyst wrote:I'm still at a loss as to why the RIOT POLICE were even there, before they started it wasn't even a yelling match
This might be a stab in the dark but i think they are there to stop riots!!
The riot police are there because its a big fucken staged farce that makes the leftist viewpoint look redundant or stupid. Protesting like that, or waving placards at TV cameras and singing stupid songs aint the way to sort those fuckers in the G20 out.

The govt expected a protest, they got a rotest and it got reported in a way that discredited the protest. ie the broken cop truck. if it wasn't there it couldn't of got broken. if the ammo like rubbish bins werent there they couldn't of been thrown. if the summit was held at detention camp the protestots wouldnt of been there.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
numz

Post by numz »

Well, next time you are unarmed, being pushed into a closed location, taking pictures,trying to reason with the police officer who's pressing you with a riot shield, whilst screaming at you THEN he takes the time to SMITE you with said riot shield perhaps your attitude will change.

What really shit me about this protest was the amount of drinking/smoking pot going on in the crowd. Way to discredit yourselves. Wankers.
Thats the thing, I wouldn't put myself in that situation. I don't feel the need to protest that way. But you did, maybe to take photos of what you knew was going to ensue, and your shots are great. Suffering for the cause maybe.

I don't know who started what, but provocation from either side sucks ass juice. And it seems maybe both had an agenda of sorts.

What really shit me was I had a wedding to attend in the "Paris" end of Little Collins. The Blockades meant much frustration on the way there.
huh
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

I wasn't protesting. I haven't really read up enough on the whole cause but I think I would likely agree with it but I really haven't researched it enough.

-lachie
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
deviant

Post by deviant »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g97ShaCoQVM

the last part of this one is gold.... RAVE IN THE STREETS!!!
yenks

Post by yenks »

This is pretty full on !!!!
G20 Police Attack Protestors Causing Severe Injuries

This report aint too biased which is good. Shows some of the stupid protestors throwing heaps of shit, and attackin the police van.

G20 Protest Overview
Luka

Post by Luka »

ghetto kitty wrote:fuck me.

i cannot help arguing about g20.

someone stop me.

so many different sides.

think i just started a shit storm on itm.

whoops!

good work sticking up against those idiots bo.
if i had got there earlier i would have struck up my voice too.
agree 100%
problem child
messycreations
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

I read a bit about the g20 summit and while i don't agree with 20 rich nations getting together to talk about how they can keep exploiting the poorer billions, from the agenda I read it seemed they were mainly talking about climate change and how business and government plan to tackle it.
So i didn't protest.
Maybe this was a cover, it was in the Age, I don't know.
If it was, then thank you all who attended the protest including the violent ones. We have no right to condemn those who wish express their displeasure in a way we deem incorrect.
Kitty, I read your comments on itm and my only advice for what it's worth is to not waste your time. It's full of middle class trendies. Sure they come to our parties etc, but they don't give a shit about anything but themselves and while they may be well educated, these are well educated sheep. I've defended my opinions very strongly on itm a number of times especially when they start dissing the sisterhood. It got me nowhere but fucking angry. Even when I'd made those who were arguing out to be complete idiots, they'd just say, shut up dickhead or something more brainless....
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showth ... iss+kitten
case in point
I agree with you kitty and I sincerely do want to see positive change in the world, but possibly the g20 members do too somewhere in their darkest of hearts. I truly hope they do, regardless of their greedy motivations.
No matter where these meetings occur protesters and riot police turn up. The riot police often incite violence, then respond in the way in which they are trained, bullshit, but they must get pretty bored in Melbounre with no heads to smash in. cooonts.
It's a shit old world but if we make positive changes in our own worlds and try not to consume too much and encourage others to do the same, we're doing our part.
mrj

Post by mrj »

Some may be interested in some of the RBA stuff that was presented at the g20

Global Energy and Minerals Markets
http://www.rba.gov.au/PublicationsAndRe ... arkets.pdf

Demographic Change
http://www.rba.gov.au/PublicationsAndRe ... change.pdf
Reform of the Bretton Woods Institutions
http://www.rba.gov.au/PublicationsAndRe ... utions.pdf

The demographic change stuff is interesting and the reform of BWI institutions sounds promising but its unlikely to deliver anything
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

deejaypcp wrote: Kitty, I read your comments on itm and my only advice for what it's worth is to not waste your time. It's full of middle class trendies. Sure they come to our parties etc, but they don't give a shit about anything but themselves and while they may be well educated, these are well educated sheep.
thanks luko and pete for your support > althuogh i have to say that this reason above is exactly why I speak my mind. I am far better at presenting reasons and arguments that hurling anything, or taking photos. Its education of the masses that im all about ,and to find that so many people ARE sheep is even more of a challenge.

having said that > i am deeply touched and impressed by the opinions on MB.
even if people are from opposing sides here, they presetn their opinions not as personal attacks or rash genrealisations, but simply as how they see the world, and that is a beautiful thing on a semi anonymous forum where most statements are out in the open.

downloading pics for yall now....

i love the shots of kids and cops above.
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

i love those shots too

and kitty, sorry. that was late when i wrote that and in hindsight, I take the itm bit back completely. The world needs more people like us who are willing to standup for what we believe in and tell the f'wits on itm why they are wrong and where to go.
If we all had the too hard don't bother attitude we'd be eating shit for breakfast.

please don't ever let me tell you what to do :)

pcp
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

no apology nessecary at all!!!

you just made me realsie that the pent up frustration i felt when i got home last night was not for nothing!!

and itm has proved my point, a couple pro-g20 protest peopel got on there and within five posts it turned to threats of violence between forum members, and as a result, the thread is now closed.

bigups MB.com, where sensitive debates can be a true exploration of ideas!
deviant

Post by deviant »

I can't believe that arguments were being expressed by "intelligent" adults that included....

"die hippy scum"
"fuckwit"
"kill them all"

etc etc etc.... :roll:

my god, how dissapointing.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

deviant wrote:die hippy scum""fuckwit""kill them all
I think i have those albums somewhere..............
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Grey Son wrote:
on the kill em all tip. GS did you check out that myspace page in the metal thread?
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

deviant wrote:I can't believe that arguments were being expressed by "intelligent" adults that included....

"die hippy scum"
"fuckwit"
"kill them all"

they are not intelligent man, that's the whole thing.
i'm serious, if you have half a minute read the thread in the link i posted earlier.

I talk a bit of shit on the net, but some of the generalisations the itmers make are completely hilarious.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

factory worker wrote:
Grey Son wrote:
on the kill em all tip. GS did you check out that myspace page in the metal thread?
Yeah but my net is at snails pace til i pay the bastards, ill suus it soon mate.
Has anyone else got photos from this protest, a burning monk would be good!!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

deejaypcp wrote:
deviant wrote:I can't believe that arguments were being expressed by "intelligent" adults that included....

"die hippy scum"
"fuckwit"
"kill them all"

i'm serious, if you have half a minute read the thread in the link i posted earlier.

I talk a bit of shit on the net, but some of the generalisations the itmers make are completely hilarious.
you might want to check your generalisation about saying they are "middle class trendies". you don't know who people are that post, and where they have come from. bit hypocritical :?
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

It would be hard not to generalis or making sweeping statements that pegged people you can't see or haven't met.
ITM by nature isn't a forum for homleess people without internet access.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

factory worker wrote:It would be hard not to generalis or making sweeping statements that pegged people you can't see or haven't met.
ITM by nature isn't a forum for homleess people without internet access.

well dah, but you don't know how people were bought up, what they have seen, etc etc list could go on of course.

and the people who are making the statements also have internet access :roll:
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

Lizkins wrote:
deejaypcp wrote:

"die hippy scum"
"fuckwit"
"kill them all"

you might want to check your generalisation about saying they are "middle class trendies". you don't know who people are that post, and where they have come from. bit hypocritical :?
Agreed, however, that generalisation was made as a direct result of some guy saying he was superficial and only hung out with weakthy "hot" people. This is one of the people involved in both the thread I reference and in kitty's g20 one.
Peace and thanks man!
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

ITM forums are really banal. Good on ya's for trying to educate some of the half wits that frequent that site.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

true....we ALL generalise, whether we like to admit it or not.

heres my g20 pics for yalllllll, with kitten commentary...(sorry if they too big)

feelin a bit of inherited yankee guilt at the rally outside state library

front lines
music is still a great tool

cop van carnage aftermath

my favorite thing of the day > wheelie bin rave tastic

and then a rave in the street to finish yayayyaaImage

and finally > not just kids but dogs too
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Its great to see different peresepectives in everyones phots. Much like how we all have different opinions but they don't argue so much as contrats to make a bigger picture. Respect.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Nice shots GK..
Still cant belive fuckheads would take there kids, way to show em how to solve a problem!!!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

deejaypcp wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
deejaypcp wrote: they are not intelligent man, that's the whole thing.

Agreed, however, that generalisation was made as a direct result of some guy saying he was superficial and only hung out with weakthy "hot" people. This is one of the people involved in both the thread I reference and in kitty's g20 one.
Peace and thanks man!

ahhh i see, maketh sense now.

and yes people do make generalisations. just seemed a little strange to be stating something like that as well as making one at the same time.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

GS > the people with kids were not there to wreck shit man,
the photo of the horn players, there is an eight year old girl with purple cowboy hat on...

playing music.

there were some moments throughout the day that gave me supreme hope for the human race, more moments like that than any violence.

the swelling of my heart was not dampened by the actions of a few angry reactionaries, thats why people take their kids.

to give them hope.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Grey Son wrote:Nice shots GK..
Still cant belive fuckheads would take there kids, way to show em how to solve a problem!!!
If it was meant to be non-violent and you kept tabs on your kids (not acid either) it ouwln't be a dangerous situation. Not like it Tianamen Sqaure with guns or anything. You took your kids to the mb.com bbq bro and that was a peaceful gathering with out too much violence.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

factory worker wrote:
If it was meant to be non-violent and you kept tabs on your kids (not acid either) it ouwln't be a dangerous situation. Not like it Tianamen Sqaure with guns or anything. You took your kids to the mb.com bbq bro and that was a peaceful gathering with out too much violence.
True, but you did get sack waked!!
And i dont mean takin your kids to smash shit, even just seeing those things even if the whole day is surronded by music and chanting will have an impact on them. If you havnt got kids you wont know how easily influenced they are and if you think it must not be that bad because some people here have kids, that just means there poor parents not right. Do you remember GK at the Carny party when those 2 junkies wanted to bring there kids into that party, cmon there is no difference, just really fucked up parents!!
Sorry but im really fueld by issues that concern kids, taking them to a protest is no different than telling them what god to worship, let them decide for themselves what issues they should worry about, dont create militant 10 year olds!!
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Grey Son wrote:
factory worker wrote:
True, but you did get sack waked!!
And i dont mean takin your kids to smash shit, even just seeing those things even if the whole day is surronded by music and chanting will have an impact on them. If you havnt got kids you wont know how easily influenced they are and if you think it must not be that bad because some people here have kids, that just means there poor parents not right. Do you remember GK at the Carny party when those 2 junkies wanted to bring there kids into that party, cmon there is no difference, just really fucked up parents!!
Sorry but im really fueld by issues that concern kids, taking them to a protest is no different than telling them what god to worship, let them decide for themselves what issues they should worry about, dont create militant 10 year olds!!
Mate, your way off bro. Do your kids watch TV? Do they read books with characters that have non-gender specific roles? I appreciate your enthusiasmand passion, not too mention the fact that your a stay at home Dad - which is fucking awesome, but you can't not influence your kids and once they start understanding language they will automoatically take shit on. You can't keep them in an insular bubble.
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

Lizkins wrote:
deejaypcp wrote:
Lizkins wrote: you might want to check your generalisation about saying they are "middle class trendies". you don't know who people are that post, and where they have come from. bit hypocritical :?
Peace and thanks man!

ahhh i see, maketh sense now.

and yes people do make generalisations. just seemed a little strange to be stating something like that as well as making one at the same time.
agreed man, thanks for keeping my on my toes, lest I slip into my own trap thus.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Yeah of course they watch tv and shit, but you educate them in the fine arts of reality and fantasy. And once you put them into a realistic situation that they may have witnessed 1000 times in a book or tv the game changes, fear strikes and there senses are batterd form side to side! My son knows not to throw shit at cars because i dont do it, if he seen my do it ,he would think, cool i can do that. Its not about keeping them in a bubble more about dipping there toes in the water and not throwin em in full pelt!!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Grey Son wrote: taking them to a protest is no different than telling them what god to worship, let them decide for themselves what issues they should worry about, dont create militant 10 year olds!!
actually do agree with this statement GS......

but id rather they knew that these opinions exisited from a young age than not at all.

and watching TV, they are just being fed what the media wants, like everyone else.

catch 22 totally.
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

i agree grey son.
no matter what violence children see, read about or portray through video games they know the difference between fanatasy and reality. As we all do.

however, I think my son would still not blindly follow my lead if i started rioting as I've taught him to question all I tell him and form his own set morals as I may be wrong too. Not preaching, just my way is all.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

how young do you want them to be to start learning such things? let them be kids!!!

also, pictures would be good enough to remember whose future you are fighting for. big posters of kids with some words like - fight for their future. Or something like that.

i just don't think kids should be around for this. especially as there were reports that the horses were being kicked. if a kid saw that could you imagine the impact on them?

but its up to the parents of course. i just personally think its not a great idea.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Grey Son wrote:Yeah of course they watch tv and shit, but you educate them in the fine arts of reality and fantasy. And once you put them into a realistic situation that they may have witnessed 1000 times in a book or tv the game changes, fear strikes and there senses are batterd form side to side! My son knows not to throw shit at cars because i dont do it, if he seen my do it ,he would think, cool i can do that. Its not about keeping them in a bubble more about dipping there toes in the water and not throwin em in full pelt!!
What about if they see some one throwing a rubbish bin at a police truck on the news?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Lizkins wrote: especially as there were reports that the horses were being kicked. if a kid saw that could you imagine the impact on them?
'reports'

:roll:

sorry liz, but imagine kids seeing a cops taking out an innocent bystander with a baton. (i saw a mother and son who were against the protest, watching, they saw this happen totally unprompted and rushed to the guys aid, they could not beleive it, in that second their eyes were blasted open)

it is up to each parent to decide what they want their kids to be exposed to,
from swearing to drugs to nakedness to politics.

id rather my kids learned from actual experience rather than TV or 'reports'
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

factory worker wrote:
Grey Son wrote:Yeah of course they watch tv and shit, but you educate them in the fine arts of reality and fantasy. And once you put them into a realistic situation that they may have witnessed 1000 times in a book or tv the game changes, fear strikes and there senses are batterd form side to side! My son knows not to throw shit at cars because i dont do it, if he seen my do it ,he would think, cool i can do that. Its not about keeping them in a bubble more about dipping there toes in the water and not throwin em in full pelt!!
What about if they see some one throwing a rubbish bin at a police truck on the news?
Like i said, you teach them that people do fucked up things, you just dont show them yourself, they know ( well my son does ) that whats on tv is NOT what you are supposed to do. Like i said reality and fantasy.
I cant see anybody with kids winning an argument with somebody else with kids about putting them in dangerous situations, its a joke to think that a protest is just proving a point.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

ghetto kitty wrote:
Lizkins wrote:id rather my kids learned from actual experience rather than TV or 'reports'
What a fuckin joke...
So you go here son, experience this BANG a bottle hits them in the head, sorry thats fucked. How come everyone had a spastic about Micheal Jackson hangin his baby out of a window when he said" oh but i had total control, i knew nothing would happen "
You NEVER have total control outside of your own home NEVER!!
So are you going to takr them to a shooting gallery GK to see first hand what herion does, I THINK NOT!!
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Grey Son wrote:
factory worker wrote:
Like i said, you teach them that people do fucked up things, you just dont show them yourself, they know ( well my son does ) that whats on tv is NOT what you are supposed to do. Like i said reality and fantasy.
I cant see anybody with kids winning an argument with somebody else with kids about putting them in dangerous situations, its a joke to think that a protest is just proving a point.
Its not about winning, its about perspective.
If a kid sees a truck getting smashed on TV without seeing the thousands of peaceful people they are getting indoctrinated by the state. or rupert murdoch who is in bed with the government anyway. I feel that it would be better for kids to be exposed to the truth rather than the crap reporting on TV news.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:
Lizkins wrote: especially as there were reports that the horses were being kicked. if a kid saw that could you imagine the impact on them?
'reports'

:roll:

sorry liz, but imagine kids seeing a cops taking out an innocent bystander with a baton. (i saw a mother and son who were against the protest, watching, they saw this happen totally unprompted and rushed to the guys aid, they could not beleive it, in that second their eyes were blasted open)

it is up to each parent to decide what they want their kids to be exposed to,
from swearing to drugs to nakedness to politics.

id rather my kids learned from actual experience rather than TV or 'reports'
what, so the reports are wrong....all reports? does the media seriously just make up everything? fuck they have good imaginations... i know they exaggerate, but now they are making stuff up?!?!

blasted open to what though? - the issues of G20? police violence? that those police batons really do some harm? that you shouldn't stand so close to a copper with a baton?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Grey Son wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:id rather my kids learned from actual experience rather than TV or 'reports'
What a fuckin joke...
So you go here son, experience this BANG a bottle hits them in the head, sorry thats fucked. How come everyone had a spastic about Micheal Jackson hangin his baby out of a window when he said" oh but i had total control, i knew nothing would happen "
So are you going to takr them to a shooting gallery GK to see first hand what herion does, I THINK NOT!!

fix quote, cos i don't want my name on that statement. cheers
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

ghetto kitty wrote:id rather my kids learned from actual experience rather than TV or 'reports'
What a fuckin joke...
So are you going to takr them to a shooting gallery GK to see first hand what herion does, I THINK NOT!![/quote]

fix quote, cos i don't want my name on that statement. cheers[/quote]

Woops, but everyone knows you wouldnt say something like that Liz, your more rational than most of us...... :wink:
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

You don't have control in your own home either with internet, TV, magazines, records, etc ect.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

factory worker wrote:You don't have control in your own home either with internet, TV, magazines, records, etc ect.
Thats not what i mean mate, you know that........
A magazine cant crush you in a crowd, a tv ( well it could fall on you ) cant throw a brick at you etc etc.
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gixxerkid/299957111/

This photo I took was at the frontline in Flinder Lane where a lot of trouble had been throughout the day. A few minutes after shooting this the anarchists in the crowd started throwing glass bottles and ice at police. In return the police surged forward to try and catch them. Im not sure what happend to this mother and child because I was keeping an eye on the flying missles and the cops with batons, but it was certainly not a situation I would put my kids in if I had them.

Sure you can argue that you wouldn't put them in harms way, you were protesting peacefully etc etc. but all it takes is one idiot throwing bottles to hit a) the kid or b) the cops who then rush forward and the kid gets trampled.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Grey Son wrote:
factory worker wrote:You don't have control in your own home either with internet, TV, magazines, records, etc ect.
Thats not what i mean mate, you know that........
A magazine cant crush you in a crowd, a tv ( well it could fall on you ) cant throw a brick at you etc etc.
Besides potentially falling on you, a TV can't each the truth. That's what I'm getting at. What aboutthose fuck ups, closed bretheren religious peeps who don't let their kids have a full education cause they're scared of them finding out what's really out there. Opposite end of the spectrum really.