JOHN B FOR $10!! @ BBA Rinse Out Sessions 2.12.06

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

kronz wrote:Good discussion on thread topic.

:hijackedteef:
I love tangents.

And with the whole 'zero tolerance to new threads thang going on' (yes, I'm exaggerating) - I reckon we're going to be seeing a lot more tangents occuring....
nic

Post by nic »

Residents of CBD and areas like Fitzroy should move to the burbs if they don't want to live with the noise of a city.

Apparently they even complain about rubbish removal trucks and cause the operators all sorts of grief.

When will music get a fair go?
i thought this till emos took over the bar ouitside my bedroom and got all eclectic in their music, now i want to bomb it. venues need to be insulated, stop skimping and pay out and respect the tenants. ye.

the other week i had to throw shit at this cunt high power cleanign the buildings around, he was doing it on a sunday night when its not allowed, break ing laws and stiuff (after copping one he stopped and yelled tehn left).

I dont giove a fuck about your peasant business, if you need to renovate, close your shop or leave for india.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Residents of CBD and areas like Fitzroy should move to the burbs if they don't want to live with the noise of a city.
LOL - I would happily swap my 3br house in crazyburn - family street, quiet, the odd hoons, for an inner city, noisy area - decent of course though! So next petition you get, copy their names and send to me... I will annoy!:clock:
The crazy prices in inner city forced me out there! (grrrrrr)

:endhijacksoorry:

Oh Yeah BU's to laundry security - pleasant guards make the night so much happier and people will co-operate because of such!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

ulyssian wrote:
LOL - I would happily swap my 3br house in crazyburn - family street, quiet, the odd hoons, for an inner city, noisy area - decent of course though! So next petition you get, copy their names and send to me... I will annoy!:clock:
The crazy prices in inner city forced me out there! (grrrrrr)

:endhijacksoorry:

Oh Yeah BU's to laundry security - pleasant guards make the night so much happier and people will co-operate because of such!
That's what is so wrong about the developers taking over run down bohemian areas and turning them into grentrified yuppyville. Rents go up and assoles move in who have no respect for the culture of gigs, music and other night life entertainment.

Laundry security came up trumps after some minor hostility and then one of them was up stairs during the lock in and was going off with some pretty spastic dancing near the doorway to the stairwell.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

black star wrote:Laundry security came up trumps after some minor hostility and then one of them was up stairs during the lock in and was going off with some pretty spastic dancing near the doorway to the stairwell.
HA HA HA - the barman amused me....! OMG, all I wanted was a drink, but he gave me my drink with some special flair! just a flick with the bottle opener would have been sufficient! LOL - pity my budget didn't allow for tips!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

ulyssian wrote:
black star wrote:Laundry security came up trumps after some minor hostility and then one of them was up stairs during the lock in and was going off with some pretty spastic dancing near the doorway to the stairwell.
HA HA HA - the barman amused me....! OMG, all I wanted was a drink, but he gave me my drink with some special flair! just a flick with the bottle opener would have been sufficient! LOL - pity my budget didn't allow for tips!
I saw him busting out a combination shuffle and cap flip.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

ulyssian wrote:
I felt the same ulyssian. Stupid low budget nights out...I wanted to give him some gold and could only scrounge some silver :roll:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
fonk

Post by fonk »

ulyssian wrote: Oh Yeah BU's to laundry security - pleasant guards make the night so much happier and people will co-operate because of such!
:scr1pt:

I haven't been to the Laundry all that much (other than a bit of jazz downstairs on Sunday afternoons) but I remember noticing that the other night too.

It's nice when the security are friendly and smile and say hello to you, unlike other places around.... *cough* Revolver *cough*...

Bar people were really nice at Laundry too. :)

Just a wicked night all round. :thumbup:

Bigups everybody involved, including the crowd.... just good vibes everywhere. :thumbup:
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Ahhhhhh, John B & Broken Beat Assault Boys bringing the love to the people, the bouncers and the barmen! So nice to hear this sorta stuff!

Although next time I get a beer elsewhere and the barman 'just opens' it, I will feel a little disappointed!
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Nicer security tend to get their job done more effectively too. And they probably enjoy it more.

The jacked up, roid pumping fuckers found at other clubs give the place a bad vibe to start with.

We are guests and customers... it's nice to be treated as such. :D
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

what a night big ups to every one who came stay tuned for the next one
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Did anyone end of getting a copy of this set?? Would there be somewhere I could source it??

Cheers
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive