DJ CRAZE, SHY FX & SKIBADEE - 22nd April, Fri @ Hi Fi

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
killeye

Post by killeye »

looks like everyone's getting a bit big kev :D :D

bring it on!
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
Ross

Post by Ross »

just saw craze last night in Byron... 3rd time around and still making my jaw drop! 80% of his sets were with Final Scratch.
Get ready melbourne... He's on fire!
calstro

Post by calstro »

Gonna be a wkkd night....
:shock:
DEAN G

Post by DEAN G »

This must be a big one if Cal's heading out, look forward to seeing you dude.
ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

Tix are still available at the HiFi site (I just got 2) - wicked, wicked, wicked :P
fikuss

Re: lineup is wikkid

Post by fikuss »

wasp wrote:
The Mixtress wrote:
tripongale wrote:craze was brill last time there i reckon he blew teebee off the stage ,even if it was just his sense of humour
Are you kidding!! Teebee blitzed that night! Brilliant is true of Craze, but no comparisons allowed, just two of the finest showing their skills. Is hot better than cold, dark better than light??

(I must say, that gig got about 1500 times better as soon as all the 15 y.o homies and them their bitches split once Craze stepped off :wink: )

Big ups ESC :smt026
Ayo comparisons can be unfair (especially w/craze) but there were NO other dj's beside Craze that night as far as I'm concerned. It's unfair to let anyone play before or after craze because they'll just embarass themselves........ (even if they are a talented performer)......
yo jimmy i think those funny plats are cutting off circulation to your brain mate.

craze was great until he started playing dnb imo. wikid party dj none the less... teebee was set of the year that year tho.

ticket sales have apparently been off the hook for this.... big ting be gwarn! just clocked off at work.... BOOH!
Amick

Post by Amick »

As i said before (check Mixes), i hope its not a whole bunch of Ebony Dubsters and Potential Bad Boy dubplate poo...otherwise i'll have to head upstairs and get my ass shakin there...
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

Amick wrote:As i said before (check Mixes), i hope its not a whole bunch of Ebony Dubsters and Potential Bad Boy dubplate poo...otherwise i'll have to head upstairs and get my ass shakin there...
yeah quit the bitching mate. its a party hey. hasn't been an international in ages.

see you there stevey boh!
Schizo!

Post by Schizo! »

Should be a killah.

Just hope Shy FX doesn't cheese it up too much...

If he does I'll be upstairs with Amick shakin tha bootay.
Little did I know, and even less did I care.
tripongale

missed again

Post by tripongale »

well Im here on this machina rather than dancing to craze and shy I even got there only to find my tic had been sold from under me, needless to say Im spewin . Melbourne so desperately needs another global village style venue, acres of space and ppl running things with feeling for the punters Forking out wads for the privilledge of these stinky old tiny holes is crap........bitter and totally twisted bout this one
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

:smt025 big night.

crew rocked it.
Nice tunes upstairs too!
cammo

Post by cammo »

couldnt handle the heat and crowds, spent the whole night upstairs, wot was craze and shy fx like?
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

BOH... wickid time, craze blew my mind and was a fucken chiller to talk to.. very humble, and very gracious of ny praise u gave him.. shy fx, was much better than i expected and skibba rocked it all night.. big ups to elements, and every one else i talked to... even that irish guy who keeps poping up everywere
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Arrived just as craze was finishing. didn't see you Mr. Fentmeister...great to see heaps of peepz out enjoying dnb :lol:
nhd

Post by nhd »

mad mad night.
but fuck how hot was it !! the bathroom had steam in it.
upstairs was great to chill to.
craze master of the decks, dropped black taranchula (reload) :D loved it. shy fx kept it going, "badbwoy end up on the run" great one. i left at about 4:30 way too tired. hope i didnt miss much?
spotted sam0 from afar but didnt get a chance to say hi.

peace
lynt

Post by lynt »

i have no idea what happened but had a damn good time.

craze was dope, what a legend

shy fx, took about 8 rewinds to get started and by then i was seeing stars, but, a wicked party none the less. should be well chuffed roger! rezpekt.

took my mate to his first d&b party and he was amazed at how hard d&b cats go, dude... the place was a seething mass of heat and energy. love it. big ups

now, to find my head... i think its over there ...
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Werd. Sound was huge, much better than I remember for Hi-Fi? Was it brought in? Some of you MB.C cats play hard too, no doubt.

Great send off for Melbourne Town.
MilkyBar

Post by MilkyBar »

i was melting out front.

beautiful performance by craze... was nice with that hiphop trip into the old skool. :smt023
quick

Post by quick »

Had a great night, place was rockin, heaps of peeps, good chats all round, pitty that the majority of dnb played was shithouse, but Craze definately got skills, missed his hip hop set cos I couldn't stand his dnb tune selection for much more than 45 mins, wtf is with playing dnb first then hip hop??? especially as he followed a hip hop set and was to be followed by a dnb set??? I got a good possie on top of stairs to watch some dope turntablism, but was treated to some lame ass beat mixing of some shit SHIT tunes.

Skibba, well, he is better live(just), but, oh I won't start, most know my opinion on him.

Shy FX... really, really meh... really had nothing to offer as an international dj, that I pay good money to see.

The night was great because of cool peeps, full house, cool vibe, but most certaily not for the tunes played, or the way they were played, except Craze turntabalism, even though I didn't catch it, seen him 3 times before and I know he wouldn't dissapoint in that area.

Did enjoy Dust and Jerrys set in the morn, but I must say, I miss Lex's destructively devistating closing sets, each night needs one.
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

nhd wrote: spotted sam0 from afar but didnt get a chance to say hi.peace
how do u know who i am... have we met b4 when i was completley off chops..
ny ways one more thing to say..

sand + negative nancy = quick
nhd

Post by nhd »

sAm0 wrote:

photos + internet + MB = stardom?
:P
tripongale

craze

Post by tripongale »

not being there hurt a bit, but see how mental craze can be? I reckon djs make better djs than producers do. Time in front of the public forces you to read the crowd and the vibe on the night , time producing tracks may make a good track , but that could be one in a million .
one more thing I need a copy of the Midnight in melb film and also the book Lynt is on about
lynt

Post by lynt »

Yeah I never got a copy of Midnight in Melbourne .... anyone wanna bootleg me a copy?
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

nhd wrote:
sAm0 wrote:

hahah... i figured thats how u knew me... was just checking... shouldnt it be photos + photo shop + internet + MB = stardom??
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Great to finally meet so many MB'ers.. Liz, quick, cammo, jbs, fents (and anyone else I've forgotten)

Still feeling very seedy :smt078
killeye

Post by killeye »

quick wrote:Had a great night, place was rockin, heaps of peeps, good chats all round, pitty that the majority of dnb played was shithouse, but Craze definately got skills, missed his hip hop set cos I couldn't stand his dnb tune selection for much more than 45 mins, wtf is with playing dnb first then hip hop??? especially as he followed a hip hop set and was to be followed by a dnb set??? I got a good possie on top of stairs to watch some dope turntablism, but was treated to some lame ass beat mixing of some shit SHIT tunes.
i wasn't impressed, and never am by the wait to get into the HiFi...i think it was about 45mins to get in....overheard some funny comments in the line....some dude "gee, everyone's really dressed up, the last dnb night i went to everyone was in like hoodies n stuff..."

got in just before craze started, got to admit I agree with your thoughts quick, re tune selection. i was pretty bored. and the hip hop stuff was a bit below par...though it was a novelty hearing the white stripes and nirvana. the tricks he did were pretty impressive. the mixologists do this hybrid hip hop/ dnb set so much better.

didn't make it upstiars, couldn't be arsed walking through the throng of bodies!probs why i didn't see many of the MB crew in da house!

i did enjoy Shy's set, moved in and out of the smoother/vocal stuff to the more bolder stuff quite well i thought.

thanks elementz crew! :smt020
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
mr bob dubalina

Post by mr bob dubalina »

They have to do something about the cooling in that place, it was disgusting to be in and disgusting to think the venue can not account for it. Craze displayed some pretty crazy skillz, tune selection could of been a lil better, Shy Fx, lets say i wasn't dissapointed because i really didn't expect much in the first place, i just think with such a big party it was it really needed a ball tearin set to pound that sound system. Surprised with how well the crowd was in general, bar the guy trying to glass someone up the back.
glory alleluia
ESC

Post by ESC »

Big Ups to all that turned up and made it a wicked vibe in there!! First off we would like to apologise about the long wait in the queue as we were not expecting so much walk ups.

This problem will be rectify for Roni Size with 2 queues (ticket holders & door payers).. The artists had a wicked time no doubt, and Craze has said that the Melbourne show on Fri was the best he has ever done in Australia!

Thanks everyone once again for your love and support!

Respectz,
ESC
UPCOMING:
MARCUS INTALEX & DOC SCOTT - 20TH JULY, FRI
KLUTE - EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES ALBUM TOUR - 8TH SEPT, SAT
CALIBRE & DRS - 6TH, OCT, SAT
Amick

Post by Amick »

Fikuss & andycole23_steve just because I have an opinion doesn't mean i'm bitchin, easy up eh?

I have to say, lining up to get into HiFi actually turned out to be a good thing, having to wait for a beer for 30 minutes makes you appreciate drinking one when you finally get in. Tasted sooooo good!

DJ Craze had awesome skills but track selection wasn't my cup of tea. It was funny when he kicked in the ol' school tracks, never thought i'd be singing along to 'Come As You Are' but its party, anything goes...I ended up getting too frustrated with heat/munted fuckers/Skiba that i left before Shy FX got behind the decks. Fortunately from the posts i've read sounds like I didn't miss too much...

I could be a lot harsher about the MC but he makes a lot of money for some god knows reason and I'll let that one go...
nhd

Post by nhd »

sAm0 wrote:
nhd wrote:
sAm0 wrote: how do u know who i am... have we met b4 when i was completley off chops..

hahah... i figured thats how u knew me... was just checking... shouldnt it be photos + photo shop + internet + MB = stardom??

ohhh yeah the photoshops, gold. fortunately the only photo of me on MB is with my chin ripped open and plenty of blood.
TheOperatives

Post by TheOperatives »

Yo Dboy,

sound system was the Funktion One....

QUick - Gotta disagree with you bout the tunage, heard some serious numbers : That thing shy played with the gospel intro blew my mind...LORD HAVE MERCY........
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

I never read so much complaining about a GOOD gig. It's a bloody dnb PARTY, people go to let loose, dance and have fun. SO much chinstorking... :?

I mean it's pretty obvious what the vibes gunna be if the line up constits of Craze, Skibba and Shy. If it's not your thing don't whinge about it, accept it and embrace your own style of dnb.

Is it really worth complaining about...
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

Cubist wrote:I never read so much complaining about a GOOD gig. It's a bloody dnb PARTY, people go to let loose, dance and have fun. SO much chinstorking... :?

I mean it's pretty obvious what the vibes gunna be if the line up constits of Craze, Skibba and Shy. If it's not your thing don't whinge about it, accept it and embrace your own style of dnb.

word

:dune:
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
mecka

Post by mecka »

kekekeke wikkid party.

first up, nice to meet u jbs, dboy and melloggs, cos i'll forget if i dont type it down quick smart.

Craze is always farkin impressive. So so impressed with everything about his set. Skibba was killing it as well. Such stamina. I have to say that I wasn't as impressed with ShyFX as I thought I would be. I've never seen him play before... and it was good, but it wasn't great.

Nobody else has brought it up yet but, wot was the deal with that cunt throwing things on the stage? Anybody else see that? It really was the low point of the night. Craze didnt seem to happy at all.
Listen, if you are going to see a DJ or MC, regardless of whether or not you like them, show some fucking respect. They're there to entertain people, not cop your abuse. People have come to see them because they are good at what they do.
You don't like it, dont go to the party. If you do go, keep it to yourself until after the gig at least. Throwing things or swearing at them at the top of your lungs isn't impressing anybody - you really do look like a fucking twat to the rest of us (or to me at least).
mishmash

Post by mishmash »

Cubist wrote: I mean it's pretty obvious what the vibes gunna be if the line up constits of Craze, Skibba and Shy. If it's not your thing don't whinge about it, accept it and embrace your own style of dnb.

No you're right, it's not. My thoughts were along the same lines as Quick's but you do make a valid point Cubist. Not my style but had a great time regardless with good company. Ended with the Simpsons series five at 4am this morning.
waggers

Post by waggers »

Yep. Radness. I've had a top weekend.
(Hi-Fi was stinking hot, Swedish sauna-type-resort-stylee. Yuck. I got slimed by so many mofo's).
Still, a rad weekend.

Craze was as I had expected he'd be, but with additional hip-hop.
I was a bit worse for wear by Shy FX, and just wanted to talk and smoke. Oh well.

Props to Simpsons Series 5, too! (It was about the most sophisticated viewing material I could handle by Sunday morning!).
Fix up, Look sharp!
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

waggers wrote:Yep. Radness. I've had a top weekend.
(Hi-Fi was stinking hot, Swedish sauna-type-resort-stylee. Yuck. I got slimed by so many mofo's).
To say the least... it was disgusting Image
tripongale

heat at hifi

Post by tripongale »

I knew the night was a biggy by the temp cominig out up the stairs but the bitches on the door sold the tic from under me , so at least I didnt get the slime thing. Mellogs avatar rules,in a lot of my work at the moment I sculpt stuff using sillouettes as the basic shape and this sort of visual is very cool
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Ok, I admit it.. I'm soft :oops: everytime I went downstairs after 4am I couldnt breathe.. it was so hot and stanky - But (in my opinion) I think hi-fi's like that every time theres such a big event there.

It was still an excellent night though!
quick

Post by quick »

Complaining???? who's complaining? I said I had a great night, wikkid party, tunes weren't the best at all, but that wasn't a complain, just an observation, had I said that the poor tune selection ruined my night, that would of been a complaint.
quick

Post by quick »

sAm0 wrote:sand + negative nancy = quick
Dude, I'm one of the most positive fukrs around, and if you re-read my post, there was no complaints, just observations and an over all good impression of the night, I think for someone to dislike alot of the tunes, and still have a great night, they'd have to be pretty positive.... don't you?
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

wikid party.

good to see the hi-fi rammed full of people.

biggups to all involved
Fents

Post by Fents »

fikuss wrote:wikid party.

biggups to all involved
Im with Fikuss.

Wikkid night wikkid party wikkid ppl wikkid tunes...nuff said. 8)

Biggups ESC.
quick

Post by quick »

Fents wrote:
fikuss wrote:wikid party.

biggups to all involved
Im with Fikuss.

Wikkid night wikkid party wikkid ppl wikkid tunes...nuff said. 8)

Biggups ESC.
Im with Fikuss too.

Wikkid night wikkid party wikkid ppl...nuff said. 8)

Biggups ESC.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Hi to people I met.

Hope I wasn't too trashed - but lets face it I was.

So far my memory is getting:

- Meeting Dboy and Mellogs
- Constant bigups with bRb
- Dancing?
- Shots?
- ?????
- On the roof of a school in the burbs just before the cops showed up.
Don't hate me for house
Fents

Post by Fents »

jbs wrote: - Constant bigups with bRb
Fuk i almost forgot - Glenn how funny! Have another Becks geeza! hahahahaha 8)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

What a night ai! Great to finally meet Mellogs (you rock girl), DBoy and Sneaky Hands…and BrB if you can remember this time :lol:

DJ Craze kicked butt in my opinion. I loved the old skool tracks played and the vibe was going off! I thought Skibadee could have shut up! He ruined tracks played in my opinion which led me to go upstairs and watch a drunk cammo try and dj :lol:

And well everyone has mentioned the heat issue, so I won’t bother. But Andycole I reckon it is bitch worthy cos it stopped many peeps from being able to stick around for long periods of time. And I personally hate sweating to the point of dehydrating and getting rubbed up against by topless guys glistening with sweat :smt078

Biggups to BrB for telling one dude to put his top back on fucken funny shit :lol: 8)

Fucken rad night though and I am glad I went! :D :D :D :smt026
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Lizkins wrote:What a night ai! Great to finally meet Mellogs (you rock girl), DBoy and Sneaky Hands…and BrB if you can remember this time :lol:

Biggups to BrB for telling one dude to put his top back on fucken funny shit :lol: 8)

heheh, brb was so funny!!! especially when we were waiting for a taxi together and he was yelling "im a monkey... wanna dance with a monkey??"
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

Lizkins wrote: Biggups to BrB for telling one dude to put his top back on fucken funny shit :lol: 8)
:smt044 This aint Viper room monkey boy!

Sounds like BrB was in fine form. :wink:
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I spent WAY too much time talking shite to people instead of listening to the tunes :?

had a great night tho' 8)

can't remember how I got home :smt017 but when I got up there was an empty bottle of Jager, Absolut Vanilla & Passionfruit 42 Below on my coffee table & I had a screaming hangover

what were the tunes like? :lol:

good to catch up with all the MB.C crew aswell 8)
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think