the official console and PC nerdy thread!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Oh. My. God. Totally. Excellent.

Halo 3 to be released September 25

:spooge:
L-J

Post by L-J »

any1 tried lord of the rings online??

to me it seems like its the poor mans world of warcraft..
The South East Connection-Every Sat 9am-11am GMT+1 8pm-10pm GMT+10
Big Tings-24th Oct With Coki, Loefah, Mj Cole and Zed Bias @ Roxannes
Branded Beats- 6th Nov @ Mercat
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Is anyone else going to this?
inTechnology, in association with BigFix Corporation, invites you to a unique industry analysis and facilitated peer-to-peer discussion presented by Mr Andy Purdy, former White House aide and U.S. “Cyber Czar” and head of the US-CERT and the National Cyber Security Division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Mr. Purdy will explore lessons from defending cyberspace as they apply to the most pressing cyber risk management issues facing business and government managers and IT executives today.
Don't hate me for house
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

Just finished downloading the Halo 3 Beta! w000t. But ive gotta go into uni now fucking! Will report on what its like tonight!
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
Dark Lord Piddle Bottom

Post by Dark Lord Piddle Bottom »

mecka wrote:Oh. My. God. Totally. Excellent.

Halo 3 to be released September 25

:spooge:
I don't understand the excitement or why they released this today how much hype do they want/need in May. Maybe its to make us forget that nothing decent has been released in ages, oh sorry apart from Pimp my Ride!! :)

saintberry wrote:Just finished downloading the Halo 3 Beta! w000t. But ive gotta go into uni now fucking! Will report on what its like tonight!
I will take a wild stab in the dark and predict its exactly the same as the other two with a couple on new weapons and maybe an extra person per team! :)
Everything is proceeding as I have Foreseen

http://www.myspace.com/dark_lord_piddle_bottom
mecka

Post by mecka »

Dark Lord Piddle Bottom wrote: I don't understand the excitement or why they released this today how much hype do they want/need in May. Maybe its to make us forget that nothing decent has been released in ages

Where have you been living the last few months?
I will take a wild stab in the dark and predict its exactly the same as the other two with a couple on new weapons and maybe an extra person per team! :)
I will also take a wild stab in the dark and predict you've never actually played Halo?

I'm not meaning to troll but honestly you haven't really done anything except shit on the game without offering any real justification other than "i dont understand" or "its more of the same".
Last edited by mecka on Thu May 17, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Lord Piddle Bottom

I'm not meaning to troll but honestly you haven't really done anything except shit on the game without offering any real justification other than "i dont understand" or "its more of the same".
All you are is be a fanboy to HALO so why can't I ask the questions and poke fun at the fact its $100 for exactly the same game as 1 and 2?! Come on you honestly think this isn't over the top for a game which won't be out for nearly four months!! And whats really funny is you're defending the honor of a game, your like a ye old english gentleman. Next you will slap me across the face with your glove and challenge me to a duel on halo 2!! :)

^^^^^Its a little over the top!!!^^^^^^

mecka

Post by mecka »

Dark Lord Piddle Bottom wrote:All you are is be a fanboy to HALO so why can't I ask the questions and poke fun at the fact its $100 for exactly the same game?! Come on you honistly think this isn't over the top for a game which won't be out for nearly four months!!

Is a little over the top!!!
its microsoft... did you seriously expect anything less from them? especially for their biggest franchise?

also, lol @ fanboy. i like pointing out theres a big difference between disliking a game for good reasons and dishing out on it without justification. explain to me how you know its exactly the same game...? its funny how sequels work innit?
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Dark Lord Piddle Bottom

huge wrote:Image
See I could understand getting excited about Crysis!!

Though it is being put out by EA so it will take at least two patches before it works properly!!

mecka

Post by mecka »

there's definitely something sexy about being able to cut a forest down with a minigun.
Stray

Post by Stray »

mecka wrote:there's definitely something sexy about being able to cut a forest down with a minigun.
Time for a new Predator game me thinks
mecka

Post by mecka »

Fuck yes. With updated active camo effects, nuclear wristband explosions. Aliens vs Predator 3 plz.
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

its rad fun... but nothing new. will be insanely popular though. which is good for all games really.
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

just noticed Bomberman, New Zealand Story, and Puzzle Quest are all out for Nintendo DS. Time to dig it out and start busting thumbs again!
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

DS is fucking killing it at the moment!

fo' those with 360's, signup for a US hotmail account and use it to create a new Live Account (just choose Silver, you will get a month Gold for free if you don't already have a Gold account) then...

download Aegis Wing!! class shooter, and its freee!
mecka

Post by mecka »

^^^
also it was made by 3 microsoft interns over the last few months
flippo

Post by flippo »

Dark Lord Piddle Bottom wrote:
huge wrote:Image
See I could understand getting excited about Crysis!!

Though it is being put out by EA so it will take at least two patches before it works properly!!
ok so just checked out a bunch of footage for that game.... that is fucking insane. This is what I imagined my grandkids games would look like, back when I was 14 and playing Doom.
Stray

Post by Stray »

sneaky hands wrote:just noticed Bomberman, New Zealand Story, and Puzzle Quest are all out for Nintendo DS. Time to dig it out and start busting thumbs again!
Bomberman is/or will be soon available on xbox live arcade :D
mecka

Post by mecka »

Argh i think i nearly had a joy overload.

Starcraft 2 has been announced by Blizzard in Korea.

yes.

oh.

god.

yes.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Playing C&C 3 on Xbox360 at the mo. Fucking awesome.
nic

Post by nic »

starcraft 2 cinematic looks great
mecka

Post by mecka »

Stray

Post by Stray »

The cinematic trailer is awesome. 8)
mecka

Post by mecka »

saintberry

Post by saintberry »

My opinion on Halo 3 is changing... for the better. When I fist got into the Beta I was seriously disappointed. It does look like Halo 2.5. Closer inspection of the environments, characters and objects shows that they are in fact modeled really well, just with crap or low rez textures. I'm confident the game will look better at release.

That said, after playing the Beta a fair bit... I won't really care if it doesn't. From what I can tell, Bungie has put a hell of a lot of development into game play and the muliplayer engine (the thing that the Beta is testing) and it shows.

When in a lobby you have a team of players (in the beta up to 4, when the game goes live it will be up to 8 ). Each match, the engine will try and match you up with another 8 players that are of similar skill level, have the best ping and are in the same lobby. You never start a match with uneven teams.... never.

Added onto that, the player who has the best over all connection for all other players automatically hosts the match. This is bloody genius in my eyes. No longer do I have to play with like 200ms ping on peoples crap 256k lines. More games should do this!

A lot of work has gone into the mplayer engine to make it lag free - and it shows. I don't know what they have done, but playing ranked matches with 7 other people from the US doesn't put you at a disadvantage! There is no noticeable lag.

Anyway, I hope it does look better, but won't be cut if it doesn't. Personally I take game play over graphics. It is nice to have both though. Bring on Crysis!
Last edited by saintberry on Mon May 21, 2007 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

Woah. And I thought 86k playing the halo beta 1 day after it was released was impressive.

They love their games over there.
Stray

Post by Stray »

Halo 3 is only at the beta stage. It's a stripped back version focusing on testing gameplay only.
They are still months away from releasing the game.
I find it amazing people bag it for its graphics at this point.

Check out this vid a guy who used to work with us made in
response to the negativity gaming has been receiving in the media recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUbyMxSfSs4
mecka

Post by mecka »

that was great stray...
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

Stray wrote:Halo 3 is only at the beta stage. It's a stripped back version focusing on testing gameplay only.
How much better can it look in 4 months? Considering it has been in development for god knows how long and had a custom engine built, surly from this point forward its just textures.

People are shitting on the graphics cos Bungie have claimed it will set a new benchmark in gaming for graphics. At this point it is waaaay off that. We shall see - but like I said, the gameplay is good enough for me not to care either way.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

that youtube flick is cool
Stray

Post by Stray »

saintberry wrote:
Stray wrote:Halo 3 is only at the beta stage. It's a stripped back version focusing on testing gameplay only.
How much better can it look in 4 months? Considering it has been in development for god knows how long and had a custom engine built, surly from this point forward its just textures.

People are shitting on the graphics cos Bungie have claimed it will set a new benchmark in gaming for graphics. At this point it is waaaay off that. We shall see - but like I said, the gameplay is good enough for me not to care either way.
Ah well.. we'll just have to wait and see :)
Dark Lord Piddle Bottom

Stray wrote:
saintberry wrote:

Ah well.. we'll just have to wait and see :)
Come on Bungie is owned by Microsoft, the people that gave us Vista so you know its going to worked to the max!!

:smt046

same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Stray wrote:
Dark Lord Piddle Bottom wrote:
sAme'0 wrote:just got an x box 360 the other week what are some good games?
Pimp my ride, i'm sure its a good game!! :)
:shock: god no.
i got gears of war which was wickid but i beat it in about a day and a half.. on the 2nd hardest setting.. and now i am broke and need a new game to play
Stray

Post by Stray »

Game on for Melbourne

A world-renowned exhibition letting visitors play games from the entire 40-year history of interactive entertainment is coming to Melbourne next year.

The hands-on Game On exhibition will open at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image in February 2008 according to ACMI Games Lab curator Helen Stuckey.

Overseas, the exhibition has featured many classic video game arcade cabinets, consoles and computers. It has also explored topics like character design, marketing, Japanese development, multiplayer action, music games and future technology.

http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/a ... 06213.html
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Stray wrote:Game on for Melbourne

A world-renowned exhibition letting visitors play games from the entire 40-year history of interactive entertainment is coming to Melbourne next year.

The hands-on Game On exhibition will open at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image in February 2008 according to ACMI Games Lab curator Helen Stuckey.

Overseas, the exhibition has featured many classic video game arcade cabinets, consoles and computers. It has also explored topics like character design, marketing, Japanese development, multiplayer action, music games and future technology.

http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/a ... 06213.html
Oh boy. This sounds like too much fun :)
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Stray

Post by Stray »

:D This smiley is so pacman
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Stray wrote::D This smiley is so pacman
waka waka waka waka waka....
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Stray

Post by Stray »

I just bought this 22" Samsung :D

saintberry

Post by saintberry »

Nice, I've been thinking about upgrading my 205bw to one of those... cos the 226bw looks way better (I'm such a technology whore!)

It doesn't have a height adjustable stand does it? If not, does it sit very high off the table? I like my monitors tres high.

If its too low I guess I could get a VERSA stand at extra cost. Such a sexy monitor it could be worth it.

How much?
Stray

Post by Stray »

No height adjustment.. but I have a stand on my desk already anyway.
It retails for $799 but I paid $489 from scorptec.

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/21970

It has a 2ms response time.. is so sexy!

I'll be using this for both my desktop and my xbox360 :)
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Stray wrote:No height adjustment.. but I have a stand on my desk already anyway.
It retails for $799 but I paid $489 from scorptec.

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/21970

It has a 2ms response time.. is so sexy!

I'll be using this for both my desktop and my xbox360 :)
You wha??

Mmmmm. Yes. Need a screen like that I do.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

the 24" dells are now $1k on dell.com.au after $300 cash back.

24" is heaps sexier :P
Stray

Post by Stray »

huge wrote:the 24" dells are now $1k on dell.com.au after $300 cash back.

what about two 22" monitors? I might get another when I get a bigger desk.

CIA - I now have a very nice 19" monitor for sale. Cost me $1200 brand new. Will sell cheap cheap.
mecka

Post by mecka »

I've hooked up a deal where I can get a 24" dell for $899.

Im supposed to be saving dammit.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Stray wrote:
huge wrote:the 24" dells are now $1k on dell.com.au after $300 cash back.

what about two 22" monitors? I might get another when I get a bigger desk.

CIA - I now have a very nice 19" monitor for sale. Cost me $1200 brand new. Will sell cheap cheap.
Hmmmm.

19 inches.

We may have to discuss this in more detail when I see you next. Could you take a photo of it wit your phone?? Also, could you please take a photo of Bruce LaBruce for me?? Just cos he rocks and all.

24 inches is SOOOOooo sexy. I don't really think I can afford 1k tho... just booked a fat swag of time in the snow. I'm going to have to be all financially sensible and shit so I can afford lift tickets.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

You are saving.

You are saving $401

Put it in the bank and feel good!
Don't hate me for house
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

I have a 17" CRT big enough to kill a man.
Don't hate me for house
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

mecka wrote:I've hooked up a deal where I can get a 24" dell for $899.

Im supposed to be saving dammit.
Will people please stop turkey-slapping me with their monitor dimensions.

I'm feeling very inadequate.
Stray

Post by Stray »

C.I.A. wrote:Could you take a photo of it wit your phone?? Also, could you please take a photo of Bruce LaBruce for me?? Just cos he rocks and all.
Done. Check ya PM's