Late Night Hype hip hop jam @ Miss Libertine. Friday March 7

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
MJ

Late Night Hype hip hop jam @ Miss Libertine. Friday March 7

Post by MJ »

Greetings peoples! 100% Phat is happy to announce the return of Late Night Hype! After a month off, LNH goes monthly at one of Melbourne's most loved venues, Miss Libertine. All the block party craziness of before with some extra niceness thrown in! Check below:

Late Night Hype returns for our first monthly jam at Miss Libertine. All the usual Late Night Suspects plus some new friends throwing down all things phat and chunky from 10pm...

No Fixed Abode (NFA / OEC + DJ Kuya), BMX Bandits (DJ Izm + DJ FLagrant), Flagrant VJ set, Kuya, Mike Hunt, Ms Butt and Doc Felix. Hosted by MC Fraksha (Nine High - UK)

NO FIXED ABODE: NFA, OEC, DJ Kuya
After 4 years of selling albums, writing, recording, and touring all major festivals (including many sell out shows) with his first outfit, 1200 Techniques, NFA has spent the past two years bringing his new solo vision to the nation, performing across the country and rocking thousands of Aussie fans in the process. Premier festivals such as Splendour In The Grass, Homebake, Good Vibrations, Falls and Pyramid Rock all witnessed N’fa’s new energy, not to mention a rigorous touring schedule with international and national kings such as De La Soul, Souls Of Mischief, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Arrested Development, Butterfingers, Blue King Brown, his own “Block Party” national tour and many solo shows across Australia’s hottest night spots. With his new outfit No Fixed Abode Renowned wordsmith and party rocker NFA is joined by partner in crime and fellow Dreamkatcher OEC and former local DMC and ITF champion DJ Kuya on stage in a showcase of Nfa’s solo material and unreleased new material.. Always one to tear up the stage, and with a storied history in the scene, N.F.A. and friends are sure not to disappoint.

BMX BANDITS: YOUR FAVORITE RAPPER'S FAVORITE DJ'S
When you combine 2 of Australia’s most revered hip hop DJs, Bliss N Eso's DJ Izm and Big Phrase's DJ Flagrant, you get one of the most prolific DJ duos to emerge in the past decade. Both known for their superior skills behind the decks, DJ Flagrant & DJ Izm have recently joined forces to bring you the ultimate party rocking DJ combination - THE BMX BANDITS. These guys cut, blend, mash and smash records like you've never seen before... when you come to a BMX Bandits bonanza you better expect the unexpected coz these guys aint playing around when it comes to track selection. If you want to get your party on properly, this dynamic duo are sure to get it done…

DJ FLAGRANT VJ SET
Just when you thought the nightclub experience couldn’t go any further, DJ Flagrant presents the latest advancement in DJ technology, Numark’s Virtual Vinyl, giving him the ability to cut, scratch and blend music videos right before your eyes! Ushering in a new era for the nightclub experience, DJ Flagrant is at the cutting edge of video DJing and is poised to change the perception of how a DJ entertains people in a club environment.

Born in Australia, raised in America and now residing in Australia, Flagrant has over 10 years experience DJing in clubs all over the world. Since moving back to his hometown of Melbourne, Flagrant has established himself as one of the most respected DJs in his field, both as a turntablist and a club DJ. Besides holding down residencies all over the city Flagrant has worked on numerous side ventures such as radio (Hittin' Switches on 106.7 PBS FM, JJJ’s Mixup Show, 100% Phat on Kiss FM) and production (Bliss N Eso, Phrase and more). Flagrant also teaches the revered scratching course at DMC records, is a judge at the Victorian and Australian DMC finals every year, and manages rapper Phrase and the world renowned producer M-Phazes.

While the list of achievements and scope of his work is impressive, its still behind the decks where Flagrant hold's court. He has been the official tour DJ for a number of acts, including soul sensation and ARIA award winner Daniel Merriweather, Universal Records' first underground hip hop signing Phrase, Reason and Brethren. He has also supported countless international artists such as Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, DJ Shadow, De La Soul, Talib Kweli, Busta Rhymes, DJ Premier , Jurassic 5, Roc Raida and Questlove to name a few. Flagrant's philosophy when on the 1s and 2s is simple... Rock the party, play something for everyone... TOTAL ENTERTAINMENT.

Check his ITM feature here: http://www.inthemix.com.au/features/...ent_and_future and peep his new Hip Rock mixtape here http://www.inthemix.com.au/broadband..._Vol_1_Mixtape

+ SUPPORT FROM KUYA, MIKE HUNT, MS BUTT and DOC FELIX. Hosted by MC FRAKSHA (Nine High - UK)

Crazy door prizes as well. $150 voucher from Provider Trainers, double pass to the Cut Chemist + DJ Shadow "Hard Sell" show and copies of the new Black Spade album To Serve WIth Love thanks to Om Hip Hop / Stomp.

www.misslibertine.com.au or www.myspace.com/100percentphat for all the updates.

Cant wait to do the first montly party at Libertine... Hip hop + that lineup + that venue = :headbang:
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

nice, MJ. should be good.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

ohhhh flagrant VJ set for SURE!!!!

i am writing this on the calendar MJ.

so much :smt049 for hip hop
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

There for sure!
MJ

Post by MJ »

ghetto kitty wrote:ohhhh flagrant VJ set for SURE!!!!

i am writing this on the calendar MJ.

so much :smt049 for hip hop
Thanks Sea, hope you can make it down man...

Yay! Bout time you made it to one of my gigs Kitty :wink: We must dance and drink and be merry! (read get way too pissed and act like idiots) :D
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

MJ wrote: Yay! Bout time you made it to one of my gigs Kitty :wink: We must dance and drink and be merry! (read get way too pissed and act like idiots) :D
:oops: :oops: i fucken know it MJ.

im there, with my dancing down low booty boots on.

:)
Nick Thayer

Post by Nick Thayer »

NFA's live show is fukn dope. Word is he is gittin out and movin to NY / London pretty soon too so might be the last chance to catch it for a while...

Keen to see Flago's visual set too...!

BANG!
Beats Electric - Tuesdays 8-10pm on Triple R 102.7fm

Late Show 4 Eva

http://www.myspace.com/djnickthayer
http://www.myspace.com/beatselectric

In Istanbul, we won it 5 times.....
MR B

Post by MR B »

Sounds sweet. I'll try to drop in
www.myspace.com/thescratchfoundation
Dropping Phat @ The Workshop
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
Stray

Post by Stray »

I'll be down at miss libs for this :)
MJ

Post by MJ »

Stray wrote:I'll be down at miss libs for this :)
I think Theo and 10:15 are attending aswell.. Plus its my birthday drinks, so look the fark out! :smashed:

:P
deviant

Post by deviant »

Nick Thayer wrote:Keen to see Flago's visual set too...!
word
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

birthday eh?

bring it onnnn!

:wink:
stable

Post by stable »

My C.u.n.t rulez.
Stray

Post by Stray »

MJ wrote:
Stray wrote:I'll be down at miss libs for this :)
I think Theo and 10:15 are attending aswell.. Plus its my birthday drinks, so look the fark out! :smashed:

:P
It's my friends bday as well. Double smashed! Agwas!
MJ

Post by MJ »

Agwa's all round! Its early days yet, but Ill start the rollcall:

Hip Hop
Boobs (x2)
Agwa

8)
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

MJ wrote: Hip Hop
Boobs (x2)
Agwa
shell toes
kitten chops and crew
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

Hip Hop
Boobs (x2)
Agwa
shell toes
kitten chops and crew
More boobs in the house
Sea, Shanks, Kim
Stray

Post by Stray »

Hip Hop
Boobs (x2)
Agwa
shell toes
kitten chops and crew
More boobs in the house
Sea, Shanks, Kim
Stray
MJ

Post by MJ »

Set times yo!

MAINROOM
10 - 11:30 Ms Butt
11:30 - 12:30 Flagrant VJ Show
12:30 – 12:45 Kuya
12:45 – 1:25 No Fixed Abode Live
1:25 – 2:30 BMX Bandits
2:30 – close Doc Felix

FRONT BAR
11 – close Mike Hunt
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

aight, ive been looking forward to this all week. bring it on.

happy tidings to you mr mj
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

same here!!!!
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

gonna be biggle! nais work mj!
These are the days of our lolz
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

fucking massive!!!!!

Bigups MJ, what a night...

great crowd, NFA is hawt and freakin talented...

i liked the flagrant VJ set and mike hunt made me giggle all night...

miss L's is the perfect place for late night hype.

well done all!

hope your bday was full of all the good tings mj.

:wink:
MJ

Post by MJ »

Finally recovered enough to post!

What a massive night!! Miss Libs was jumping right from the start, awesome crowd, great tunes from all the DJs and acts... No Fixed Abode were awesome, and the crowd were definitely feeling it.. Props to Flago and Izm who's BMX Bandits show was unbelievable. Look out for big things from these guys in future!

A massive thanks to all the patrons, promoters and artists for their support leading up to the event... Needless to say the venue were extremely happy so it looks like Late Night Hype has found a new home!

Shoutouts to Sea, Bo Ghetto, Shikung, Stray, the Resin Dogs boys and everyone else for coming down and representing... Also apologies to some crew for not being my usual hospitable self on Friday... Dont think Ive been that busy / stressed at an event before... Too much going on!

Stay tuned for details of our next jam soon!
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

yeah man it was good and satisfactorily messy. i look forward to the next one.
dust

Post by dust »

Is this going to be monthly? Or random.

I hope its random so i can come to the next one. Looked dope!
MJ

Post by MJ »

Its going to be monthly on average... DOnt want to lock ourselves into a specific slot, ie first Friday or last Friday of the month etc..

Can tell you the next Late Night Hype is on Friday April 25th at Miss Libs, with special guest international DJ... More info on Monday.

MJ