note off--ableton

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
cuznmatt

note off--ableton

Post by cuznmatt »

here's my set up, pretty simple.

ableton on laptop usb to roland sp606 midi out to mc 09 synth

have been sending midi messages to one of my synths from ableton, programming notes and envelopes for controller messages. have been plodding along for months on my current set up with no problems sending the note messages, plus pitch bends and filter sweeps.

i ran the midi yoke software so i could rewire easily with rebirth and whatever else. i dont know that it was because of this change but sometime recently a problem has developed with midi. the synth will play the messages that are being played into it from ableton for maybe 8 bars but they all get stuck on and start overlapping.

as the 09 is a monosynth it will only play one note at a time and hence it just holds one note and it rings out, eventually fading to no audio out put at all. when i stop the pattern on ableton it seems to let all the notes off and will let me resume if i wait a few bars while the notes ring out, but the same problem occurs again. same happens when i select a new setting (pattern number) the 09, midi clears up bet then gets congested again.

i've removed the midi yoke, but this has made no difference. am thinking that i will run a recovery on my computer and go back to a previous restore point which would revert to settings on my computer that did at some stage work.

my other thoughts are that there might be something going wrong in the 606 coz that's the point where all messages pass through. is not a bad machine but has had some other weird hiccups like not being able to load samples. otherwise i'm thinking the 09 is just wigging out and not accepting midi note off messages.

anyone got any ideas?

cheers
cuznmatt

Post by cuznmatt »

this is really giving me the irrates.

no ideas fellas?
flippo

Post by flippo »

i've heard albertron tends to season and garnish midi data
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

Post on the Ableton forum, good chance someone there can help.