things that suck about your work....

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Stray

Post by Stray »

How good are headphones.
I know my workmate is trying to get my attention.. I can see him out of the corner of my eye.. but I can't hear a thing he is saying and I know he is too lazy to get up to get my attention.
I listen to music all day at work, makes such a big difference.
Is everyone else able to do this?
flippo

Post by flippo »

at my work, if you need to purchase suplies (often) you cant get the money in advance unless its over $200 quid worth. I usualy find i need to buy about $150-190 (why do you mock me petty cash gods!).

There has to be a very special circumstance to get petty cash in advance... according to the website and procedures

"Petty Cash Advances may only be used in special circumstances eg, Wildfire fighting situations. A Special Advance form should be completed and signed by the staff member seeking the advance, their supervisor and the Petty Cash manager (See Appendix I (Word 20kb)).
"

so if you happen to find yourself in a 'wildfire fighting situation' all the sudden, and you need some cash to, oh i dont know, buy more bandages to help people with 3rd degree burns not die?, then you must fill out some forms and get 2 cunts to sign it..

like your going to give a fuck about makeing a petty cash advance when you ARE FIGHTING A WILDFIRE???

i find this funny, who writes these procedures anyway?

does anyone else have special petty cash conditions for wildfire fighting at their work? lol
Stray

Post by Stray »

We don't have any procedures for fighting wildfires.
I think I will have to bring this to my managers attention.
fmf

Post by fmf »

my job would be alright if it weren't for them f*cking customers (some of the music played on weekends at my work isn't exactly my first preference either :wink: )
flippo

Post by flippo »

Stray wrote:We don't have any procedures for fighting wildfires.
yes you should! hold a meeting, create a wildifre fighting commity, hire in a firefighting contractor to liase with managment to descide on key objectives and cornerstone themes, draw up some procedures and submit them to relevant OH&S and managment staff as a proposal. Then have a 4 hour seminar to address the staff on the changes, and make them aware of the rists involved in wildfire fighting, and all related procedures (including petty cash advances durin wildfire fighting) while your at it throw in some bullshit about teamwork...
Friday

Post by Friday »

dust wrote:i'm cold.
Mellogs wrote:me too :cry:
i was until about 11am. still had my scarf and jacket on :cry:

now they've cranked the heating too high and i'm in a tshirt and boiling. damn them! :?
sneaky hands wrote:
Friday wrote: i don't leave my desk and see daylight the whole day :(
i cop that too, often i go home and my gf will say "how nice was it today??" and ill be like "it was??"
yeah - i get that. someone will come in for a meeting or something and comment on what a great day it is out there or how it's really cold and i'll just be like.... 'really... hmmmm, i should go poke my head out the front door and look at it'... :? :P
dust

Post by dust »

Friday wrote:
dust wrote:i'm cold.
Mellogs wrote:me too :cry:
i was until about 11am. still had my scarf and jacket on :cry:

now they've cranked the heating too high and i'm in a tshirt and boiling. damn them! :?
sneaky hands wrote:
Friday wrote: i don't leave my desk and see daylight the whole day :(
i cop that too, often i go home and my gf will say "how nice was it today??" and ill be like "it was??"
yeah - i get that. someone will come in for a meeting or something and comment on what a great day it is out there or how it's really cold and i'll just be like.... 'really... hmmmm, i should go poke my head out the front door and look at it'... :? :P
don't poke your head out today missy, its cold!
Stray

Post by Stray »

flippo wrote:
yes you should! hold a meeting, create a wildifre fighting commity...
Do I get to wear a firemans hat? What about an axe? Do I get to use an axe?? You're not covering the important issues here.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

actually the main thing that pisses me off about my work (and im sure its the same for all desktop IT support types) is that everyone assumes that we are their own personal IT support guy.

now i dont mind the odd question like "if i get ADSL will hackers hack my bank account?" or similar as they take no time. but when people start bringing their home confusers into work for us to look at its getting a bit out of hand really. im going to start asking them to help me make an ad ive been working on. fuckers.

also even if we are blatently like, eating lunch or something, this doesnt stop people from walking up and asking questions and dragging us away to fix a paper jam or whatever. "oh it will only take a second" bs.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
LukeMcD

Post by LukeMcD »

TO ANY COOKS !
You're the kind of person who reads things !

www.smashbangrecords.com
funkypaws

Post by funkypaws »

Stray wrote:
flippo wrote:
yes you should! hold a meeting, create a wildifre fighting commity...
Do I get to wear a firemans hat? What about an axe? Do I get to use an axe?? You're not covering the important issues here.
To get a hat and an axe you may need a petty cash advance. You will need to fill out a form in triplicate in BLUE ink only and signed by person A, department 1; person B, department 2; and person C, department 3. Please note that department 3 is only operational on the third Friday of every month between the hours of 8.40 and 9.00am or 3.00 and 3.15.

Now go get that fire!
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

seems i cant get to mb.com from work no longer.

luckily im uber and can get around it. lolz
www.dubstep.com.au
quick

Post by quick »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:seems i cant get to mb.com from work no longer.

babel fish?
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

nah. its working now. odd. wasnt from work but i could from home.
www.dubstep.com.au
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

quick wrote:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:seems i cant get to mb.com from work no longer.

babel fish?
http://proxy.cube5.net ;)
Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:nah. its working now. odd. wasnt from work but i could from home.
traceroute/tracer?
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

arse
www.dubstep.com.au
paranoid edge

Post by paranoid edge »

BEING THERE!!!
deviant

Post by deviant »

great_magnet wrote:Imagine an office were recruitment was handled by Warrick Capper and Sam Newman, with high level managerial input from Eddie Maguire and Bruce Ruxton.

Then further imagine a heinous group of twisted, knuckle dragging, meat head, neanderthal, backward, Triple M listening single cell amoebas that pass as my (and I use this term loosely) "team".

Then imagine me sitting at my desk with my headphones permanently in my head to avoid conversation and the very real threat of severe mental anguish should I have to converse with these rancid boils from the unwashed armpit of humanity.

Otherwise I love it!

8)
Bwahahahaha

that sounds like my work :) Imagine if they were all also slimey sales people who not only cheat their customers but also cheat each other. And that view a potential customer like a fresh deer carcass and themsleves a pack of wolf-vultures. yeeech

I also don't have 'net access (email only)

My emails a heavily monitored

The MD is a meat head jerk who wouldn't know how to be nice if you paid him.

My performance is often judged on K.P.I.s and other management devised treacheries and not on COMPANY REVENEW!!! which (in my mind) be the only thing that matters. This shits me to no end, I WANNA DO THINGS MY WAY GODDAMNIT.

Anyway, the trip to Surfers in Jan was alright (except for beoing only in the company of people from work), and I get paid pretty well.
almax

Post by almax »

i have to be there, nuff said
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

deviant wrote:My performance is often judged on K.P.I.s and other management devised treacheries and not on COMPANY REVENEW!!! which (in my mind) be the only thing that matters.

I had K.P.I's (Key Performance Indicators) at my last job and it sucked, the only saving grace was that I was the one who wrote them coz da Management had no idea what my job involved :P
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

breaksRbest wrote:
deviant wrote:My performance is often judged on K.P.I.s and other management devised treacheries and not on COMPANY REVENEW!!! which (in my mind) be the only thing that matters.

I had K.P.I's (Key Performance Indicators) at my last job and it sucked, the only saving grace was that I was the one who wrote them coz da Management had no idea what my job involved :P
in the end, hard work should be rewarded. not management cock-knocking on about kpi's.

oh look, I took 9% less time in the toilet then dave over there -- gimme a 9% payrise. I rule.