WHO WANTS A GIG?

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Direkt

Re: WHO WANTS A GIG?

Post by Direkt »

sAme'0 wrote:i refuse to read this thread, read four posts and then went i dont care its the internet
Thanks for the post, all the same :wink:
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

it was a reference to the itm thread btw
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Aaaaahhhhh.

The penny drops.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

menace wrote:GK Who maded you god ?
when did you become queen bee of the melbourne underground music scence and mbc ?

dont throw stones at glass houses
:smt005

yup, im the queen bee alright. and then they maded me god.
and across the land, everyone agreeded that underground and overground are

THE SAME THING!
spin

Post by spin »

is this thread about breaks, i have serato?
ANYTHING:TEST
BOB DEEP
WOBBLE
REVOLVER
BLACK CAT
http://gutterhype.blogspot.com/
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

your a serato!
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

You say SERATO i say SERATO :teef:
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

are you a racist?

tomato?

;)
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

i say retardo
spin

Post by spin »

nakedage,

all the best, the chap will prob have a hard time for a long time.

grim and bare it.
ANYTHING:TEST
BOB DEEP
WOBBLE
REVOLVER
BLACK CAT
http://gutterhype.blogspot.com/
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Ahhh so sick of hearing that word 'underground'. From now on 'underground' will be replaced with 'sausage dog' cos in the dog world, I think sausage dog suits the meaning well. Sausge dogs are small, there aren't that many of them and when they run its fricken hilarious, a bit like how we would be viewed dancing to dnb/breaks/etc. And for 'mainstream' use 'saint bernard' as they look cute and cudley but then they slobber all over the place and ruin everything
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

:lol:

you're a stange lady rizkins.
yenks

Post by yenks »

wow what a long stupid read.

Nakedage's posts make no sense what so ever. Its like he just types lots of words to try and sound smart.

He dug his own grave.
Smile on Impact

Post by Smile on Impact »

I think Wroclaw in Poland is the Sausage Dog capital of the world.

man they are a bunch of clicky, wankers !!
they think, they're so cool !
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

St bernards rescue dumb people lost in the snow > fact or fiction?

sausage dogs dont care what anyone thinks of them with their tiny hineys and short legs > fact or fiction?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

ghetto kitty wrote:St bernards rescue dumb people lost in the snow > fact or fiction?
Fact. But the rum barrel around the neck is fiction from what I believe.
Smile on Impact

Post by Smile on Impact »

EDIT: No parody Please !!

by order of mb.c

ghetto kitty wrote:
sausage dogs dont care what anyone thinks of them with their tiny hineys and short legs > fact or fiction?

Fact: They think they are so cool :x
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

witty_pseudonym wrote::lol:

you're a stange lady rizkins.

:smt003 :lol:
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE SPEAK UP? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE

cuznmatt

Post by cuznmatt »

i was holding back and almost didn't bother posting, but here i go. . . .

i think he was only being straight up about how low key the gig would be coz chances are he wont be able to pay you and as he has burnt a lot of network bridges no one would probably come. i played a gig for adrian a few years ago, was a hiphop night, he made payment in a few local melbourne beers. that's okay i didn't mind, he invited me to play at a hiphop night he was putting on in lygon st carlton. didn't say there would be payment or not, but on the night he didn't run the door and wasn't getting paid by the venue. i suggested to him at the time that if he was going to do these sort of things he needed to make it worth his and his performers while, sure is nice to play a gig but when the bar are taking money and the performers and promoter take nothing that's just shit.

i first met adrian through some half arsed beach parties that were being put on down in st kilda/elwood a couple of years back-pretty much a small group of itm users. nice kid, not much of a chop. from the way he conducts himself both online and in the running/organising of events i'm afraid it is all doomed to failure.

best of luck adrian with whatever it is your next mission is.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Yawn, here we go.

I can't leave a fucking post for 2 days with out the internet posse putting their 2cents in.

Mat your right, I was straight up because my gigs have been shit in the past and I don't want to give these Dj's false hope and then have them go out and say it was shit because no one came.

Truth of the matter is tho, it's not about people coming. I throw my gigs on QUALITY of people, not quantity. You didn't seem to mind the fucking beach parties when you were playing them did you? Fucken, go make a buck Djing ya fuck. My gigs don't make money because they're not supposed to. They're about cooperation not profit. I do this because I love it. I throw these parties because I got sick of going to shit people like you would put on, and expecting the mentality that I get at MY parties, and instead being faced with yours. Your fucking show pony, superstar Dj wanna be attitude. I did burn bridges, and I'd gladly burn them again. Because the bridges I burnt left behind rivers of bullshit by a fucking fake industry and scene. A bunch of internet wankers like you and ghetto kitty who think your all that. "Look at us were so underground, everyone else is an idiot, but we're so enlightened." ... Get fucked, who are you kidding? The world has alot more to offer than 'underground'.

My gigs aren't for your scene or scenes. If I through a gig, its not for the Techno crowd or House crowd or DnB crowd, its for the mainstream, public, general crowd, in an effort to present them with Techno, or House, or DnB. For people who KNOW they know nothing about this music but want to be exposed to new things. Not underground wankers who assume they know it all and crack the sads when they're not on a main fucking stage.

I work on my shit, you and your little itm fags can work on yours. If people want to be a part of what I try to do, let them, if they don't, fine, I don't care. I do what I do because I can and thats it. I'm not into 'keeping it real' or any of that jazz, I just want people to have a good time to good music. If you can't grasp that concept, then YOUR the dick head. Now DJ's, if you want the fucking gig, come and get it, if your gonna get all fucking "I don't like your internet dribble" about it then fuck off, and sit in your fucking rooms on your fucking computers and cry about how no one gives you a gig. Fucks sake.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

ghetto kitty wrote:beware.

this guy is only posting here casue he was banned from ITM for being a complete fuckwit.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showth ... p?t=236842

hi nakedage, dont you wish you replied in a nice way to all my posts trying to help you now?
And no I don't. Because your full of fucking shit. You didn't try to help, you tried to make me think the way you do. Like all these fucking spastic ITMer's do. You can't handle that people think differently, and when they do you assume they're wrong or stupid because you'se can't handle anyone else being smarter or different to you. So much for a fucking scene that's supposed to be welcoming to all people and ideas. This is why I hate your little fucking internet posse. It does nothing for me. You know, ITM doesn't come to my gigs, but, we have ALOT better time with out them. And sucked in, because ask the people who HAVE been there about the growth we've seen in attendance in the last 2 months to ALL the gigs.

So I don't really fucking care whether or not a bunch of opinionated wankers who can't handle a different view point rock up to ruin my parties for me or not. Seriously, your not EVERYONE who goes to parties.

Fucken, I said I wouldn't be back to read this. This is why. Your not getting your come uppins. You think your being so smart and getting the last laugh and shit well, whats the worst that can happen? No one off this forum wants to play? So what? I've got responses allready, worst case, I dont throw the gig. Truth be told I don't NEED to throw it. It would mean alot less hassle for me. Less organising and shit. More time to relax. But hey, my bridges might be burnt Matt and Kitty, but here the fuck I am.

I might be doomed to failure, but the harder I fail the greater the success will be when it comes. You see it as failing because YOU don't go to these parties. I see it as weeding out the wankers who make the scene I loved into a fucking "look at me" show and filling it with new life, with people who are genuine. Even if they are hard to come by, which it turns out, theyre not. They're the majority, your the minority. Aint democracy a bitch
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Wow. There is so much bum-fuckery (from both sides) going on in the thread, I don't even know where to begin.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Ey, I don't ask dumb cunts to follow me around the fucking internet to try and slander me so they can make themselves look all fucking enlightened and shit. I love how its always those kind of people who make out EVERYONE ELSE is a fucking loser.