I just wanted to see if I could change the name of this topi

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
obliveus

Re: the thread about nakedage and his parties

Post by obliveus »

Fuck this thread has given me some great entertainment at a time when all the usual entertainment has dried up.

Naked Age, I like you more and more after each post. You stand up for yourself in a very hostile territory. But seriously dude, what's the point of posting on this forum in the first place for you? Most from this forum will not support what you do because of the music you play or the toes you've stepped on already. Also, getting most on this forum away from this forum into the real world is hard enough without yer truthful marketing tactics that dont work. Forums are a shit marketing tool anyways...too small a target audience.

My advice:

Dont market yer parties on this forum, cuz yer just adding fuel to a fire many want to see burn. It is entertaining though, so be my guest. To make yer time here more enjoyable, just hang out, talk shit about nothing, have a laugh and take this for what it is...unless you like all the confrontation.

Just my 2 cents...but you have been a massive breath of fresh air. Dont leave.

:smt003
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

Blaxter wrote:Wouldn't be great if the community of mb.com was able to educate some one tather than having to resrot to banning them?
gk's the only one that's mentioned banning him, at least on this thread.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

fooishbear, its as you said, theres no strict policy and not alot of people here might like the music Im into but, there might be the odd one about. It might be this forum that that 1 person reads about the gig and decides to come and has a great time. 1 person having a great time in my eyes is worth getting the word out.
It seems to me that PCP is getting regular gigs and making a living out of playing other peoples shit music (maybe badly - depending on your point of view) with out needing to submit demos'
What does that say about word of mouth/ being spotted by talent spotters/ reputation/ dedication and what I reckon is probably a fantastic ethic of playing good music at the right time versus sucking up to promoters/ DJ's that throw parties that require demos but don't have the decency to respond to some one that submits their recorded credentials as a DJ except to diss them online years later.... I was kind of enjoying your approach and kept quiet until you put your foot where your genitals belong.
When I didn't have a job, my income was Djing. Not the dole, but playing music. I've never had a business card or anything and didn't suck up to anyone for gigs. I got my work through word of mouth. Now, I had play music I DIDN'T like, but, I played it well. Thats why I'm proud of what I do.

As I said. I don't know who DeejayPcp is. His reputation and demo haven't left an impact on me. Obviously mine has to him if after all that time he can still remember that he sent me a demo. Now if I said I'd give him the gig, I'm sure that means he's a great Dj, and if he's making a living out of his talent thats fantastic especially because its a hard thing to do. But, there was a reason the call never came. Maybe the gig never happend for what ever reason? We only did 1 charity event last year and it was a house one. Maybe I just forgot? There could be a thousand reasons. Im trying to launch a breaks night in Febuary. Send me another demo and if its good maybe you can play. If you dont want to then don't.
But what I want to achieve, is alot different to what you want. With all due respect, don't give me advice about the music industry because I couldn't give a rats cock about the music industry and I don't even consider myself apart of it.

I consider what I do seperate to everything and anything else because, I don't want to be involved with anyone else.
I dont want the scenes or industries up my arse. What I want to acheieve goes beyond music and club gigs and all that. It has humanitarian value, not musical. Music is just the medium of deliverance. Not many people understand that, especially not many Dj's, but the ones who do understand something all the others don't. They understand that its about the people there, not themselves. Thats why we're all so happy with the arrangement, because all we're doing is spreading happiness with music. Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Everyone seems' to be such an expert about the music and clubbing industries. Yet they never come to the fucking gigs do they? Everyone is such an expert first, and a person second. Thats the problem, thats why I come down as a cock talker. Because everyone thinks I want to make it in the music industry. Fuck that. There is no music industry. Just the gruesome exploitation of innocent sounds.

Oblivious: I came here because a friend reffered me here to find DnB/Breaks Djs because I'd like to host a DnB & Breaks event. Then I got hooked because I like you guys, (most of you) Because, as Blaxter has said, "wouldn't it be better to educate someone rather than ban them"

Thats why I respect you guys. Because you see value in education. But, I'd like that education to go both ways. As much as I learn from you guys, I'd like to teach something as well if I can.
I completely understand you guys won't come. I don't hate you for it. This is the one place where I don't because it's not like your a bunch of Techno heads who complain of no where to go, so then you throw a gig for them and they don't come because they think they're too underground for the person hosting it. You like breaks, Im not throwing breaks gigs (Yet) and so, its understandable, but its just a little extra effort on my part to go to the trouble to let you know the gigs are on. It does no harm to me and I think none to you, but if someone DOES come then, its a benefit. I'm just trying to not be lazy.

GhettoKitty: I got banned from ITM because I retaliate. I have more people coming to me telling me how full of shit they are in REAL LIFE, to my face, than I do typing shit about how much of a dick I am over the internet. So if you were in my shoes who would you listen to? A bunch of fuck head popularity whores having a cry over a forum or the faces at your gigs who say "Hey aren't you nakedage? The bloke who starts shit on ITM? Man I love your shit, I dont post there but I read it and man your right".
Try and understand. I defend myself because I'm proud of what I've done. If people are going to knock it down, then I want anyone who can read to know the truth of the situation. If all I can do to explain it is in big blurbs on the net, then thats all I have. I don't defend myself to make trouble. I don't look for it. I just have ideas, views and opinions, and I choose to defend them because I'm proud of them because they have formed in the face of adversity.
Gliding High
Location: Little Evil's evil cave, 666 Nasty St, Horribleville

Post by Gliding High »

I agree with lots said - Obliveus getting a gurnsey here :)

There aint much life on here, that's for sure.
A few more people telling eachother to get fucked would be healthy for a thread that is almost utopian in its sheltered outlook.
Sort of feel like you have to pat people on the back in here - even if they suck.
The amount of 'woohoo's' and 'bigups' and 'woots' for dudes that have crashed their records, or had three people on the floor of their gigs is sort of, well, shitous.
You'd think the scene was thriving, when in reality its a rung up from being completely dead.

People (myself included) may hang a bit of shit on people like Nakedage, but I also have a healthy respect for anyone with a bit of individuality, and the guts to go against the grain. I don't understand or agree with him, but you gotta love a non-conformist underdog - even if he makes fuck all sense :)
From one renegade to another - speak your mind dude, and if you were to be banned, don't stress about it.
The 7 people who post on here regularly won't really affect your terrible gigs :)

What's everyone doing tonight?
I got no idea yet.
Gonna go to Mij and Roses - I'm sure there'll be a few of you dudes there :)

You got a gig tonight Nakedage? :)
Last edited by Gliding High on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

fooishbar wrote:
Blaxter wrote:Wouldn't be great if the community of mb.com was able to educate some one tather than having to resrot to banning them?
gk's the only one that's mentioned banning him, at least on this thread.
I wasn't actually having a go at GK, infact I understand her motives but there have been a lot of haters about this forum and the underlying sentitment seems to be one of sniggering and/ or contempt for a new user on these boards.
But there you you go, we're all black kettles but this aint Brunswick St at 3am.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

foo, i never said he should be banned mate. :roll: still at it huh?
NakedAge wrote: GhettoKitty: I got banned from ITM because I retaliate. I have more people coming to me telling me how full of shit they are in REAL LIFE, to my face, than I do typing shit about how much of a dick I am over the internet. So if you were in my shoes who would you listen to? A bunch of fuck head popularity whores having a cry over a forum or the faces at your gigs who say "Hey aren't you nakedage? The bloke who starts shit on ITM? Man I love your shit, I dont post there but I read it and man your right".
Try and understand. I defend myself because I'm proud of what I've done. If people are going to knock it down, then I want anyone who can read to know the truth of the situation. If all I can do to explain it is in big blurbs on the net, then thats all I have. I don't defend myself to make trouble. I don't look for it. I just have ideas, views and opinions, and I choose to defend them because I'm proud of them because they have formed in the face of adversity.
no really man, i guess despite everything, we are really fucking alike. as i said, i reserve the right to change my mind at any time, and you all have that right too.
the bit in bold up there ^^^ is why I cop a load of flak here too, people dont like you to admit you know stuff, have done stuff, its tall poppy syndrome and its everywhere. and to that i say FUCK IT.

i also agree with OB and gliding high. there is far too much fence sitting around here and it drives me to be even MORE controversial. just to get a rise. (which i seem to always do hehe) as you obviosuyl are too
I guess i get my back up when you attack people i know personally and have worked with (like PCP)
becasue I just think your cutting your nose of despite your face so to speak! and thats why i got angry on itm too, so many of those people were giving you their honest opinions and not flaming! and they have done this shit for years, and were sharing with you! and you just stuck it up them! thats why it was a collective slam on nakedage man, not cos of you as a promoter or a dj or a person!

i agree with blaxter, needs more support, teaching, learning and discussion not jsut flaming each other!

BUT > a bit of observation of your new community before slamming everyone would not go astray.

kitty loves you, dont forget!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Gliding High wrote: There aint much life on here, that's for sure.
A few more people telling eachother to get fucked would be healthy for a thread that is almost uptopian in its sheltered outlook.
Sort of feel like you have to pat people on the back in here - even if they suck.
The amount of 'woohoo's' and 'bigups' and 'woots' for dudes that have crashed their records, or had three people on the floor of their gigs is sort of, well, shitous.
You'd think the scene was thriving, when in reality its a rung up from being completely dead.

People (myself included) may hang a bit of shit on people like Nakedage, but I also have a healthy respect for anyone with a bit of individuality, and the guts to go against the grain. I don't understand or agree with him, but you gotta love a non-conformist underdog - even if he makes fuck all sense :)
From one renegade to another - speak your mind dude, and if you were to be banned, don't stress about it.
The 7 people who post on here regularly won't really affect your terrible gigs :)
quoted for truth.
ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

Maybe you should stop spending so much time writing 2000 word rpelies on this thread and promote/push yourself a bit more and maybe you might get somewhere.

Nobody gets booked solely on their skills these days, you got to have both self promotion and the skills to ack them up otherwise you'll be a nowhere dj all your life.

PS - Progressive house is shit IMO ;-)
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

i also agree with OB and gliding high. there is far too much fence sitting around here and it drives me to be even MORE controversial. just to get a rise. (which i seem to always do hehe) as you obviosuyl are too
I guess i get my back up when you attack people i know personally and have worked with (like PCP)
becasue I just think your cutting your nose of despite your face so to speak! and thats why i got angry on itm too, so many of those people were giving you their honest opinions and not flaming! and they have done this shit for years, and were sharing with you! and you just stuck it up them! thats why it was a collective slam on nakedage man, not cos of you as a promoter or a dj or a person!
See, I know alot of people off there aswell. Well not alot actually but some. I understand you and your mates were offering advice and I respect that, and I never meant to slam those individuals, how ever, some, mainly ones I personally know, gave me shit. Now thats, offensive. Down right offensive because they made it personal. They insulted my character, my personality. I did ALOT for them. I didn't ask for recognition of what I did, all I asked for was respect. I didn't get it and basically it was a situation that, because they could no longer milk me for what I could offer, they fucked me off. As soon as I started saying "look, its not about (forgive me for saying it) underground V.S commercial" they hung me out to dry because it meant that my work would no longer be directly beneficial to their goals, instead my own.
They hid their true beliefs about me, how they ACTUALLY think, and then as soon as the first occasion rose where they could fuck me off and take all the benefits, they did. Well fuck em.

I even LOST friends because of them. I was caught between 2 groups. My friends, and my 'Friends'. .. I let my friends down to support those fucks. I let those fucks make it all about them and as a result my gigs turned out shit. Now tho, I learnt from that mistake. I don't let my friends Dj. I let PEOPLE dj and then, based on the conviction of their character, I either become their friend or keep it strictly professional. As it would happen, I have a fucking fantastic judge of character. Every person who walks into my events, is my friend. That friendship is important, it always has been through out humanity. Ancient civilisations survived and became what we are today because of communal bonds forged in friendship that led to the survival and thriving of those civilisations. I'm amongst friends, and we are surviving. Those who were not my friends, who were greedy, they're not surviving. They will be just another name on the list because they're not doing anything different. Rather than hiring Dj's better than them and then upping their skill, they hire Dj's worse than them so they can appear to upstage them so they become a superstar. But people aren't stupid. They know bad music when they hear it. Thus, I make sure Im the worst Dj at all my gigs. Because if the worst Dj is as good as me, the music will be better than anywhere else. Fuck state of the art equipment and sound systems, the Dj's make due with what we have available to us, because a good Dj can do that, AND the best ones admit that to me when the others complain, they say "what the fuck man, if we can use it why can't they?"

The industry is too big for superstars. .. So fuck the industry and do something good for the world you live in the process. If it gets you banned from a few internet forums, who cares? They only make out I'm such a problem to their precious fucking 'scene' because I am. Because rather than listening to Dj's advice, I'm trying to listen to patrons complaints, and they can't handle that ALOT of the complaints have to do with the Dj's.

Ctofan_DMZ - I'm not nobody, I am somebody. I won't pretend to be someone Im not to get gigs. If clubs don't like it fuck them, because I'll go and do my own shit and show everyone how fucken good we are, then they can have a fucken cry when people start going out to the best music in town instead of the best fucking guest list.

As for my 2000 word essays. I do it because I can. I'm not lazy. When you address something to me I reply in full as I respect those posting enough to honour them with a full reply, explained in as much detail as possible. Not some 3 word bullshit put down that has no answers to anything.
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

STFU TBH IMO :teef:
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

jesus! give the guy a olive branch and you get more crap in return. just like the ITM thread dude.

all im gonna say is

1) there was a LOT of people who tried to discuss with you who did not know you or fuck you over, who you chose to attack, machina and me included. and it is still occurring here, now.

2) you don't 'get given respect', you earn it man.
it takes time, and proving yourself, and in this industry, it takes a lot of patience and perseverance. and being a bit humble whilst also proud of what you do goes a fair way too.

3) constantly calling people 'fucks' and ranting for 2000 words does not garner you much support/sympathetic ears on forums imho.

i still appreciate some of your angle/style of ranting/view, as i said, but if you always want to argue, im happy to oblige

:lol:
Gliding High

Re: I just wanted to see if I could change the name of this topi

Post by Gliding High »

Next episode: Nakedage re-writes War and Peace.
(Or a rant of similar length)
:smt003

Dude - WAY too long on the word count. Soon your going to have to hire an editor.
As said above, the lengthy rants will just make people think your an anus.
Just being honest.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

this thread might've been interesting, if I could be fucked reading one thousand word replies
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

i dont want sympathy. On ITM I clearly tried to originally state things calmy and so forth. Explaining they were my views. I was attacked, so I attack back. When I call someone a fuck its because they are. ... Did you read any of the big shit I write? If you did you'd of probably seen that originally I WAS being polite and everything and trying to have a discussion but was attacked for it. I get the feeling you read only what you want.

As for earning respect, your right, you earn it. They did nothing to earn mine. I gave it to them as like, a default, then they lost it. Thus, they're fucks. I dont want to be humble if its not who I am. You shouldnt have to change who you are to get ahead in a industry. My respect SHOULD of been earned by those guys because I did alot for them. Thats the point, after all I did for them, all I got in return was not even enough respect to be addressed respectfully. All I got was trashed for having a different opinion. How can you respect people like that?

If you guys cant be arsed reading, why do you come to an internet forum to discuss things via a text medium?
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

Just don't want to have to read some dudes 20,000 uber-rant every time I read the screen, that's all. My eyes are staring to hurt, and my sphincter is starting to ache (the latter has no relation to anything, except personal hygene, but I thought I would share it with everyone anyway)

Seriously - I've done my share of promotion, big and small - and there's no loyalty in dance music.
Build a bridge, and get the fuck over it.
I've lost friends, made enemies, and all that shit too. Everyone who's been in the scene any amount of time has. It's just the way it is.
We've all bitched, argued, abused and moaned about it - but why are you any different? (Obviously in word count, and sheer volume of text, but why else?)

Again, I respect your right to be an individual, and promote your thoughts - but don't you think your over-stepping the mark somewhat?

In closing - your doing it wrong.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

If you dont care what people think, why do you continue to post in your own defense for no apparent reason? Maybe post a mix and let your music do the speaking? Although most people on here are broken beat orientated, many respect good music any general. You say your gigs are shit, so why would we come when there are so many promoters putting on quality gigs with good people already? Post a mix and show us what you are about music wise.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Im different because Im not going to take the lack of loyalty in the scene. If that means doing it all OUTSIDE the scene, then thats what I gotta do.

Im sorry the word counts are huge, but as I said, if people say something I think they deserve the respect of an honest response. In reality, face to face, its not that daunting. Its just you look at it, see heaps of words and go 'Fuck'.

See the way I interpret the 3 word reply is as a akward response. 2 people talking for the first time "how are you?"
"Good, you?"
"Good" ........... and, then what? Get what I mean?

Outside of music, writing is my second hobby, thats also another reason because it takes me no effort at all to just, type my thoughts as fast as I think them. Which is wrong, and any editor will tell you that, but I see this as a substitute for a face to face group discussion. Face to face I can't go back and edit. So, I'm just trying to offer an honest output as opposed to a censored, edited one. Because if it's edited and sensored and doesn't fully explain my intentions, I'm just as bad as the people who've disrespected me who say what the people want to read in order to gain popularity.

Dboy- A mix is airing tonite at 1am on SSradiouk.com ... Its a house mix, so don't listen.. But, yes... See, THAT I respect. Let me get over today and tomorow and I'll try make a mix and have it uploaded soon.. .. A breaks one. That way, as I'm trying to run a breaks night, you, the people I want to attend, can tell me if I'm good or not.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

NakedAge wrote:I That way, as I'm trying to run a breaks night, you, the people I want to attend, can tell me if I'm good or not.
Then don't burn your bridges.

Have a good NYE.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Im not trying to burn bridges here. But just like with ITM, if you guys are gonna give me shit for who I am, what I do and how I do it, then why would I want people who are just gonna bag me to come to my gigs?
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

Man, your just dribbling bullshit now, and arguing for the sake of it.
You've lost me, sorry.
I tried.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

yeah no worries
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

breaksRbest wrote:this thread might've been interesting, if I could be fucked reading one thousand word replies
Ha! I was just about to post that.
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

hadouken to this thread. Im about to record that mix that someone asked about if anyones interested later on
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

finally, you wrote something with 2 sentences that is positive and not insulting.
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

NakedAge wrote:There is no music industry. Just the gruesome exploitation of innocent sounds.

Is this really whats happening? perhaps somebody should call ACA about this......
NakedAge wrote:I'll try make a mix and have it uploaded soon.. .. A breaks one. That way, as I'm trying to run a breaks night, you, the people I want to attend, can tell me if I'm good or not.
Good luck man.....

Doing a breaks mix when you dont play breaks and feeding it to MB.C for a review if your good or not is ballsy.

Hope you mix better than you take advice or you are fucked.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

lol everyone thinks I don't take advice because they don't see me put their advice into practice in a physical environment, thats all.

Anyways, I have balls of steel. Kick them. They go 'Tink tink' :D

My mixing is, retardedly atrocious. I recorded the mix, I'm trying to upload it now. Im not so much after review as such, its more like a peace offering.
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

NakedAge wrote:My mixing is, retardedly atrocious.
Then why would you upload it for other people to hear?

If this is the case and you want to DJ I suggest you stop wasting time posting here and practice, you wont get any respect posting a set where your mixing is retardedly atrocious.

I will still DL I get 30gb free this month and this might be good for a laugh.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

yeah it might be ;)
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5358440991b5e97a/

there it is, listen at your own leasure.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Dude I have two questions for you really, and I hope you interpret them and/or choose to answer them in the spirit with which they are intended.

Question 1. Why do you do it, and I mean promote?

I have been promoting with a fair degree of success for 6 years now. My night in London which I co-promoted called Supatronix was nominated in the category for 'best small club' at Breakspoll in 2008 and I built it up from a bi-monthly party of around 100 people to monthly parties in excess of 600 people lots of whom came back every month. I am now continuing to push innovative events in Melbourne with like-minded people.

Now there's one thing I know about putting on parties - you have to convince people that might not know what to expect, that they are going to have a good time and enjoy the music.

You seem to be doing the absolute opposite of this which amounts to promotional suicide.

And as much as you may think that being so self-deprecating in a kind of post-modern ironic way makes YOU feel better, it makes you sound like a smart-arse of the highest calibre. I think you have serious issues with your social skills and as such I think you're in the WRONG game.

If you dont want to promote parties and yet still throw them and tell all of us they aint all that you insult my intelligence and actually make a mockery of something I am very passionate about.

Which brings me to my second question - why dont you start listening instead of talking? Read up on here about how people successfully run their events and if you still really want to do it, use what you have learnt and employ it with enthusiasm.

I dont want to read about your shit party, I sure as hell dont want to come, and if I met you I would probably feel very hostile towards you.

Sort it out and stop being such a weak troll.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Well.. I promote because I have to. I don't like doing it but it's a bit of a requirement now days.
You promote events, well theres my mix, if its good enough give me a gig. Chances are you won't, so I have to give myself gigs. In the process if I can give others gigs why not.

I'd love to tell people to expect a good time, except everytime I do some stupid ass face will come skipping along the internet, usually with their own rival gig and say a few kind words from behind a computer with the politeness of the Queen her self because they can't openly and honestly write that they want to tell the world your gig is shit so that everyone goes to theres and not yours. (Yours being in the general context, not you personally.)

You read about my parties as shit, because of the people who put them down. They don't HAVE to put them down, they don't have to say anything, but why do they? Why do they feel the need to put it down when they weren't even there? Because they're bigger toss buckets than me and deep down I think they might be afraid that I just MIGHT be do something well. So, if they're going to be cocks about it, let them. I don't want those people at my parties so I don't feel the need to try and big it up to them. The others who are cool, they read that shit and know I'm just trying to throw an honest gig as best I can. I'm not in it for profits or anything. If I was, then yes, I'd be playing this very differently. But, I'm just having fun. I don't want people who try to make me feel shit on the net to be there to try and make me feel shit in real life. Thats all it is man.

I'm not trying to out do anyones events or anything, I'm just throwing a party because I can and as a chance for me and some good Djs who deserve better gigs to play out and thats it. If people don't want to be friendly about it then I dont want them there and thats it. I dont want to impress them.
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

I am 3 tracks in... Its not very promising
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

i told you it wouldnt be
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

yeah my thoughts exactly :(
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

Is it just cause you dont usually play Breaks?

Can you play your prefered style better than this?
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

i can, but, thats not an excuse.
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

what do you use?
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

dxm 06, cdj 1000 and sl1200. I just got the set up completed yesterday. Thus, needles had become unsett a bit and I forgot to check them out before I used them, but yeah. AHHHHHHHHH WELLS :) I'll just have to practice more I guess
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

NakedAge wrote:Well.. I promote because I have to. I don't like doing it but it's a bit of a requirement now days.
You promote events, well theres my mix, if its good enough give me a gig. Chances are you won't, so I have to give myself gigs. In the process if I can give others gigs why not.
I dont believe you. You dont have to do anything thats an extremely lame answer. It SHOULD be 'I do it because I love it, and gain huge satisfaction from turning people on to good music, showing them a bloody good time and generating their loyalty'
NakedAge wrote:I'd love to tell people to expect a good time, except everytime I do some stupid ass face will come skipping along the internet, usually with their own rival gig and say a few kind words from behind a computer with the politeness of the Queen her self because they can't openly and honestly write that they want to tell the world your gig is shit so that everyone goes to theres and not yours. (Yours being in the general context, not you personally).

You read about my parties as shit, because of the people who put them down.
No thats not true - you do it all on your own and make a bad situation worse by attempting to defend yourself when people critisize you.
NakedAge wrote:They don't HAVE to put them down, they don't have to say anything, but why do they?
Because you actively encourage them to. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy when you tell people its shit, they're going to tend to agree with you. Dont go there mate.
NakedAge wrote:Why do they feel the need to put it down when they weren't even there? Because they're bigger toss buckets than me and deep down I think they might be afraid that I just MIGHT be do something well. So, if they're going to be cocks about it, let them. I don't want those people at my parties so I don't feel the need to try and big it up to them. The others who are cool, they read that shit and know I'm just trying to throw an honest gig as best I can. I'm not in it for profits or anything. If I was, then yes, I'd be playing this very differently. But, I'm just having fun. I don't want people who try to make me feel shit on the net to be there to try and make me feel shit in real life. Thats all it is man.

I'm not trying to out do anyones events or anything,
No you should never have to, because if you believe in your own event knocking others is a complete waste of time and energy. Promoting is all about having friends and collaboration. Not snide guerilla tactics or whatever paranoid motivation or intentions you think people have towards you. Most people will try to show support, unless you give them a reason to do otherwise.
NakedAge wrote:I'm just throwing a party because I can and as a chance for me and some good Djs who deserve better gigs to play out and thats it. If people don't want to be friendly about it then I dont want them there and thats it. I dont want to impress them.
And that's the first sensible thing you've said in ages. :)
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

NakedAge wrote:dxm 06, cdj 1000 and sl1200. I just got the set up completed yesterday. Thus, needles had become unsett a bit and I forgot to check them out before I used them, but yeah. AHHHHHHHHH WELLS I'll just have to practice more I guess
When I said what do you use? I was refering to the drugs you must have been on when you mixed this.

Lets be honest here Age, both you and I know the needles were and are in DJ'ing terms the least of your problems

You have said somewhere in a previous post you like your music to do the talking.......

Enough said.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

As if I wasn't expecting that? Come on man, I get tonnes of people who hate my guts give me this grief every day.

Look, I love people. I do want to turn them onto good music and all of what you said, but who am I to dictate what good music is? I'm not going to tell a muzza his musics bad just because its different to my own personal prefference.
Theres no 'should' .. I love parties and people. I hate organising events and promotions and making silly names and flyers and shit, but its part of it. If I could just open the doors and have people come, I'd much rather do that, and to be perfectly honest, sometimes it works better for me that ways.

I love it, but it's a ball breaker, so I've stripped down all the parts that are bullshit and just do the parts I love and go out of my way a little bit to let anyone else who might be interested know the gigs available. Thats all man. Im not out to impress anyone, Im just out to put on a party. Just for fun, thats all. If people are going to come and ruin my fun, I don't want to impress them.

As for the guerilla tactics, Im sorry man. But all I've seen in this game is guerilla tactics, thats why Im not out to impress those cunts anymore, thats why I do what I do outside of it all, thats why Im incredibly proud of my gigs, and Im so proud of them I dont have to false advertise shit to people who are just gonna give me shit for throwing them, do you undersstand what Im saying? I'm saying, my numbers might be shit, but the quality of the people I get isn't. We ALLWAYS have a good time, whether we are 1 or 10000000000. Thats why I'm so proud of them that I don't care if its not full, from a personal aspect. From a business aspect, yeah I want a full house. But I don't get paid for these gigs. Its all from my own pocket, and thats it.

Just as I want to be accepted for who I am, the good with the bad, I want people to accept my gigs the same way. I dont want people to come an then say "Oh it was shit because this wasn't right that wasn't right" etc etc, I want them to say "for what it was, it was good" thats all.

I tried that collaboration bullshit. It got me a sore back from all the metaphorical knives if you know what I mean ;) so now Im just out doing my shit, and who ever wants to enjoy it with me fine come and enjoy it, anyone else can fuck off.

As for not telling them to insult it... Well.. Im sure a few ass fuckers, even some here know EXACTLY what I mean.

Shifty Sly: Everyones a critic. You don't like the mix because you don't like me. I saw that straight away.
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

NakedAge wrote:Shifty Sly: Everyones a critic. You don't like the mix because you don't like me. I saw that straight away.
Well Age you saw wrong.

I dont dislike you, all I know of you is these rants you put on about your parties.

I think your humourous, you stir things up and I have a laugh.

I thought with all your rants about this that and the other you might still able to DJ a bit and be able to shut up the haters that way.

I was wrong.

I dont like your mix because it is horrible, I can break it down for you if you like or I can just leave it at......

Real mix = Monet, Your Mix = Retard kid with paint brush stuck in his ass
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

breaksRbest wrote:this thread might've been interesting, if I could be fucked reading one thousand word replies
lol i was trying to read some of it. cbf now tho.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Shifty-Sly wrote:
NakedAge wrote:Shifty Sly: Everyones a critic. You don't like the mix because you don't like me. I saw that straight away.
Well Age you saw wrong.

I dont dislike you, all I know of you is these rants you put on about your parties.

I think your humourous, you stir things up and I have a laugh.

I thought with all your rants about this that and the other you might still able to DJ a bit and be able to shut up the haters that way.

I was wrong.

I dont like your mix because it is horrible, I can break it down for you if you like or I can just leave it at......

Real mix = Monet, Your Mix = Retard kid with paint brush stuck in his ass

Yeah well with all due respect they would of said that about Monet as well before impressionism was worth anything.

If anything my work is a Monet. It's good from far, but far from good ;) (Get it?)|

Look seriously, if you had nothing against me you wouldnt of said shit like "what drugs are you on to make this." Forget it, I knew it was going to get the response from you straight away as soon as you said the whole "Why is retardedly atrocious, I will download it anyway" thing.

I can tell you everything thats wrong with it aswell. I'm not stupid. I listen to peoples demos everyday so I think I know how to spot a good Dj and how not to. But to be absolutely honest, I think I know all to well how to make a mix and make it impress you, and to be honest that just bores me because it's such a cliche method that any Dj can do it and via sticking to that method I will be, just another Monet. .. Now if everyone else wasn't allready painting his shit fine, but everyone is, so, whats the point of being like everyone else? In every genre I play, be it House, Breaks, Trance, Techno what ever, (Preferably all of them mixed in together), but thats my style, my method. My method is random, thats how I like it, thats how my audience likes it. You might think its anquired taste, it might not be perfect in some ways, but for the people I aim to attract it it does what it has to for them, and, is specifically built around a style to suit them. It comes from years of having to mix one extremity into another.

Text book mixes are just boring to me Im sorry
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

sorry double post
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

I highly doubt you could do a mix that impresses me Age.....There are a few cats on this site that can and do but you are not one of them.

From what I listened too your terrible, you might be able to dribble that shit about "my style is random" to fools who know no better but as soon as anyone with half clue listens to that mess your goose is cooked buddy.

This is my opinion, If others listen to your mix and think otherwise I will be shocked but stand corrected
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

Woah, I'm really impressed you put that mix up. It's not great, but you actually put it up. Props.
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Yeah, big ups putting the mix up. It's not anything I like at all though, but you did what you said you were going to.

Is that what new breaks sound like today? :puke:

I'm so out of it.
nic

Post by nic »

Hay Nakedage, dont let these miserable 2 faced sarcastic bastards get you down! you go girl and go your own thing. If you keep at it for long enough things will start to happen. Just remember that Rome wasnt buildin a day, you cant read a book by its cover and dont count your chickens till they hatch.

I listended to your mix it was cool mate. breaks is such a great and varied genre - I was very happy to see you spread yourself so widely across the 'breaks' sound througout your set. Your inimitable style seemed to incorporate alot of great news tunes (thet stantons tune is a sure floor filler imo) mixed in a truly unique way (using those streetfigher samples as a hook for 8 minutes in a row was spot on not too long not too short) I reckon you could (given a bit more practice) clean the floor with alot of melbournes BIG NAME DJ's

I understand where you are coming from regarding the mixing as well, breaks is VERY different to house. Just because you can beatmix house doesnt mean you can beatmix breaks or mnml or techno for that matter.

Like you said music is a cultural glue that binds us together on the magical journey of life, its not somethign you can own or lay claim to its there for everyone, negativity gets us nowhere as a species. As Darwin said in his theory of relativity. Shit sinks.

Keep it up! Post a house mix, and never ever sell yourself short.