JOBS

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
spiral

Re: JOBS

Post by spiral »

Smile on Impact

Post by Smile on Impact »

Cheers' Bo.

You're a good egg :)
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

ghetto kitty wrote:PCP and blaxter mobile DJ/dog walking and forum heckling service...i can see the hand drawn
footescray pole posters now.....

or you can go promote for naked age ;)
Not with that resume sorry.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

NakedAge wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:PCP and blaxter mobile DJ/dog walking and forum heckling service...i can see the hand drawn
footescray pole posters now.....

or you can go promote for naked age ;)
Not with that resume sorry.
No resume provided. I don't do mix CD's either. lol
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Needs more bars for drowning sorrows and less swimming activity.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

what a random thing to say, who the fuck wouldn't want that job. mad not too....
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
deviant

Post by deviant »

get fucked liz
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

:? what the fuck Dan
click here fo fotos
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Ban
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Lizkins wrote:what a random thing to say, who the fuck wouldn't want that job. mad not too....
you talking to me.

the ultimate job for me would involve mostly drinking and fuck all swimming.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

yep i was, maybe you could negotiate the terms with them. though snorkelling would be well wicked around that area.
click here fo fotos
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Maybe jsut do old skool bucket skulls where a mate holds your head down in a bucket half full of beer and you drink until you run out of breath.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

are fish in the bucket?
click here fo fotos
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Lizkins wrote:are fish in the bucket?
fish are either in the fish tank or paper wrapepr with the chups
deviant

Post by deviant »

sorry liz, just wanted to see how you'd react

gave me lulz :lol:
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

I bet Liz PM'd all the mods who will call lynt at 2Am and arrange to ban you.....
deviant

Post by deviant »

hopefully
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

And then breaks really will be dead if you and LE are banned from MB.com
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

ghetto kitty wrote:id be a reference for ya if you find something, however the last six months has shown me that websites and papers are pretty much useless when it comes to looking for work in music...artshub has some stuff, but its all corporate high end bullshite often...
Have found that this is the case in the IT industry too. I recently finished an IT degree at uni, and have been on the lookout for a graduate's position and/or entry level job for the past 6 months, and it has been sooooo hard sourcing possible jobs. Haven't been picky or anything, just want to get some experience in any area of IT, so i have that experience as most positions require 2+ years experience, yet there's no one hiring to give you that experience. Catch 22. :(
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Blaxter wrote:I bet Liz PM'd all the mods who will call lynt at 2Am and arrange to ban you.....
:lol:

yeah jordz, i think its prolly across many industries...
it sucks that they wont give you a first job, how you supposed to get any experience?!
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

ghetto kitty wrote:yeah jordz, i think its prolly across many industries...
it sucks that they wont give you a first job, how you supposed to get any experience?!
Truth! Really gets you jaded after endlessly applying for jobs :(
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

deviant wrote:sorry liz, just wanted to see how you'd react

gave me lulz :lol:

i was confused for about 10 seconds, then decided you were being a twat and then did some work.
click here fo fotos
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Blaxter wrote:I bet Liz PM'd all the mods who will call lynt at 2Am and arrange to ban you.....

ahhh man you guys are just too funny, seriously side splitting, where do you come up with this stuff?
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

hey jordz, maybe you should try some of the IT places that do training too etc...
like infoxchange in abbotsford...?
im sure there are others...but tis not my area of expertise at all

i say if you cant get work in your chosen area and you know you have skills, offer yourself up as an unpaid volunteer for a few days/days a week and show them what you are capable of?

my theory is companies like people who show initiative, so maybe thats a way to get your foot in the door?
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Lizkins wrote:

ahhh man you guys are just too funny, seriously side splitting, where do you come up with this stuff?
mrj

Post by mrj »

J0rdz wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:id be a reference for ya if you find something, however the last six months has shown me that websites and papers are pretty much useless when it comes to looking for work in music...artshub has some stuff, but its all corporate high end bullshite often...
Have found that this is the case in the IT industry too. I recently finished an IT degree at uni, and have been on the lookout for a graduate's position and/or entry level job for the past 6 months, and it has been sooooo hard sourcing possible jobs. Haven't been picky or anything, just want to get some experience in any area of IT, so i have that experience as most positions require 2+ years experience, yet there's no one hiring to give you that experience. Catch 22. :(
Just the environment at the moment mate. IT is quite project based so the IT labour market tends to contract quite heavily in an environment like the one we have at the moment. Additonally grad recruiting programs tend to get seriously trimmed in this sort of environment too.

So being an IT Grad is double punch in the nose.

If its any consolation the environment was like this when I was a fresh grad too. Falling equity markets and everyone trimming costs. Grad market was so fucked that the job I did end up getting I first had to battle 1500 other grads for it (1500 grad applications for 3 roles). Altho I'm not IT.

BUT things wille eventaully bounce and get easier, in the mean time I know its prob not your first choice but the best place to start will be helpdesk/deskside jobs. These jobs are always required because users are always and will always be dumb and need help.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

mrj wrote:
J0rdz wrote:
Just the environment at the moment mate. IT is quite project based so the IT labour market tends to contract quite heavily in an environment like the one we have at the moment. Additonally grad recruiting programs tend to get seriously trimmed in this sort of environment too.

So being an IT Grad is double punch in the nose.

If its any consolation the environment was like this when I was a fresh grad too. Falling equity markets and everyone trimming costs. Grad market was so fucked that the job I did end up getting I first had to battle 1500 other grads for it (1500 grad applications for 3 roles). Altho I'm not IT.

BUT things wille eventaully bounce and get easier, in the mean time I know its prob not your first choice but the best place to start will be helpdesk/deskside jobs. These jobs are always required because users are always and will always be dumb and need help.
Yeah, have started to notice that. Been trying to move away from the helpdesk jobs, but lookin like i might have to bite the bullet. Although, with that said, most of the helpdesk positions i have come across ask for a minimum of 2 years experience - AGAIN the experience shafts me :(

ghetto kitty wrote: hey jordz, maybe you should try some of the IT places that do training too etc...
like infoxchange in abbotsford...?
im sure there are others...but tis not my area of expertise at all

i say if you cant get work in your chosen area and you know you have skills, offer yourself up as an unpaid volunteer for a few days/days a week and show them what you are capable of?

my theory is companies like people who show initiative, so maybe thats a way to get your foot in the door?
Have had a quick squiz at some of the IT training places - but iv been at uni for the last 4 years and not really that interested in heading somewhere for more training, unless it was on the job or paid.
Great idea about offering to volunteer - hadn't thought of that!

Thanks for the advice guys. Tis muchly appreciated!
Just got a call back for a Web Assistant Job @ Clive Peters. Not much, but might be that foot in the door. Fingers crossed. :)
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

wanna work in a hardware factory with me? You can swear heaps :D
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

NakedAge wrote:wanna work in a hardware factory with me? You can swear heaps :D
Thanks man, but my current job has heaps of swearing leeway!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

J0rdz wrote: Have had a quick squiz at some of the IT training places - but iv been at uni for the last 4 years and not really that interested in heading somewhere for more training, unless it was on the job or paid.

Just got a call back for a Web Assistant Job @ Clive Peters. Not much, but might be that foot in the door. Fingers crossed. :)
oh i meant that those types of places often take on new graduates, not that you should go get more training! ;)

good luck with clive peters! e....e...easy!
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

i love swearing at work :D Im shit at my day job. Its hilarious to watch tho. Like, imagine mr bean with a fork lift, and your there :D
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

ghetto kitty wrote:
J0rdz wrote: Have had a quick squiz at some of the IT training places - but iv been at uni for the last 4 years and not really that interested in heading somewhere for more training, unless it was on the job or paid.

oh i meant that those types of places often take on new graduates, not that you should go get more training! ;)

good luck with clive peters! e....e...easy!
Gotcha. And thanks for the luck. Should be interesting going for an interview at Mr Peters! hahaha
spiral

Post by spiral »

jobs at JMC for sound ppl

got these in my inbox from seek
might be of interest to some of you

AUDIO ENGINEERING AND SOUND LECTURERS WANTED
http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index.as ... D=14735231

AUDIO ENGINEERING & SOUND PRODUCTION - Head of Department
http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index.as ... D=14734964

Post by 10.15 »

Employers shed 44,000 full-time jobs in December as companies reduce payrolls to weather the weakening economy.

http://business.theage.com.au/business/ ... -7hdk.html

Bloody hell thats massive.

Yet the jobless figure only went up to 4.5% from 4.4%...

How?
Full-time employment dropped by 44,000 to 7,640,200 while part time positions soared 42,800 to 3,102,200, bringing the net loss of jobs to 1200.
:roll:
Sat 1st May: TREVOR LOVEYS (UK)
Sun 30th May: OXIA (8BIT RECS - FRANCE)
http://the-late-show.blogspot.com/
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

you'll find with the unemployment rate % the figure is somewhat tweaked. In addition to what 10:15 mentioned above as well as other ways they define the pool of people who are looking for work.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

more

Unemployment is not a precise concept. This is true even in countries, such as Australia, where most production of goods and services is done through the formal economy, and most people work for wages. Australia adopts the standard international definition of unemployment: people are unemployed if they did not work for at least one (paid) hour in the previous week, were actively seeking work and were able to accept a job in the next week if it were available. The definition makes it clear where the imprecisions arise.

People are asked in a telephone survey whether they worked for pay for at least one hour in the previous week. Those who worked in the ‘black’ economy are unlikely to respond truthfully to this question. People who really do want to work, but have given up actively looking for a job, are excluded from the measure of unemployment. This gives government the opportunity (and many have taken advantage of this) to reduce the measured level of unemployment by providing a small welfare payment that takes people out of the workforce. My last point is that a person is counted as being employed (hence not unemployed) if she or he has worked :angry3: for an hour or more in the previous week.

There is world of difference between working one hour or 40 hours per week, in terms of both effort and income. The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has responded to this last point by constructing measures of under-employment, as well as of unemployment.
FunkyJ

Post by FunkyJ »

Krome Melbourne have positions for testers.

It's full time, but we can only guarantee 3 months work.

PM Me for details.
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

FunkyJ wrote:Krome Melbourne have positions for testers.
testing the quality of different spray paints to see how high they get you?

:teef:
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Still after a casual job. Seems like now really is a bad time to be looking for a job. :tard:
Friday

Post by Friday »

anyone know an experienced receptionist / office admin-er?
Stray

Post by Stray »

Friday wrote:anyone know an experienced receptionist / office admin-er?
I know an office admin/Personal Assistant who is looking for work
Friday

Post by Friday »

get em to let me know if they're interested in something full time...
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

check PMs. ;)
Friday

Post by Friday »

just did! ;)
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

Scholtzy wrote:Still after a casual job. Seems like now really is a bad time to be looking for a job. :tard:
do you know lots about computers and stuff?
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

huge wrote:
Scholtzy wrote:Still after a casual job. Seems like now really is a bad time to be looking for a job. :tard:
do you know lots about computers and stuff?
I know a bit.

No training or anything but I did IT support for a few months. Basic networking stuff, auditing, installing / ghosting new machines, driver troubleshooting etc.

I've applied for a AV technician job a mcec, would be sweet to get that, at least I've got some training in audio.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

ahh too late anyhow. huhu sorry. was tryin to see if they needed more peeps at the tennis. no dice
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

all good man, thanks for keepin an eye out :)
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

Hi,

I'm thinking of making some life changes and I'm trying to think of a job I can do.
I'd like something with not a great deal of human contact, but I'm afraid I'd be useless at manual labor.

I'd also like to be able to travel to this job via public transport. Money isn't a huge issue (never earnt much anyway!!!) So don't be hesitant to suggest anything!

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very thankful,

-Lachie
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland