MXML: no mnml - Saturday 30th May

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
nadine

MXML: no mnml - Saturday 30th May

Post by nadine »

MXML: no mnml
Saturday 30th May 2009

Real techno is soon to be set loose on Melbourne again with the return of MXML: no mnml within the plush surrounds of Miss Libertine, 34 Franklin St, Melbourne.

Maximise your techno experience by saying goodbye to minimal techno and welcome back the 909 driven monster tunes you all know and love on an Ishtar tuned sound system.

Expect the toughest techno, old and new, to be dropped with decor and lighting by Lumina Visual Productions.

In the techno compression room
Live on the night will be live performances by local techno stalwart Linas with a return after a long term hibernation of The Lines (DTM and Machina).

DJ support on the night from legendary local techno DJs Matt Radovich, Matic and PDT, each tasked with bringing something unique, exciting and unrelenting to the mix.

Fresh from techno retirement, welcome back Robert Anthony who aims to belt out a set of ball tearing tunes.

If you went to the last event you know what to expect. A Techno Viking recommended event.

Get down and experience first hand, total techno demolition. 8) :D :?

Venue: Miss Libertine, 34 Franklin St, Melbourne.
Guest List: [email protected]

Doors: 10pm to 6am
Tickets: $15 on the door. $10 Guest List

Lookout for flyers, posters and stickers in the coming week...
Last edited by nadine on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deviant

Re: MXML: no mnml - Saturday 30th May

Post by deviant »

no dubstep room this time :cry:
nadine

Post by nadine »

Sorry Dan.

We couldn't use the same venue as last time, especially after the non stop "noise police" cop hassles we suffered.

Miss Libs is a good size for us. Maybe next time we'll open up the front room for some dubstep again.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yeah yeah yeah...

sounds great nadine!
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

Freakin love the flyer! haha
nadine

Post by nadine »

bumpily dumpily.

MXML T shirts and weatherproof bumper stickers available on the night.

email [email protected] with your name, contact details and T Shirt size to lock yours in.
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

This will kick ass, had a ball at the last one, good to see it back!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I had lots of fun at the last one too, though we did have to hide in the carpark for half an hour waiting for the popo to leave before we could go in...

:)
nadine

Post by nadine »

As a special bonus for the night, we at MXML headquarters have instigated some great door prizes.

For Four (4) lucky MXML attendees, we will have a special grab bag of goodies put aside, containing:

Surgeon - This Is For You Shits - Individually hand numbered, limited edition CD (only 1,000 in the world)

MXML t shirt

MXML bumper sticker

and a double pass to the next MXML event

To be in it, all you need to do is pop your name, mobile number / email address and T shirt size on the clipboard on the door as you enter. We'll put up the winners on the night and contact the lucky winners in the following week.

Look forward to seeing you there...
nic

Post by nic »

wot a horrible tshirt
M@e311

Post by M@e311 »

If i even get a sniff of any MNML shit I will be throwing my shoes without hesitation.

hard bangin fuck off acid tekno!

Bring it on!

M@
I like to think in my own little way, I'm not insane 'cause I listen to the voices in my head - Testeagles.
nadine

Post by nadine »

Haha M@e311

Rest assured, mnml on our sound system that night will be met with something a bit harsher than footwear.
nadine

Post by nadine »

Set times for this Saturday night are as follows:
MXML 30/5/2009
  • Matic 10:00 - 12:00
  • PDT 12:00 01:00
  • Linas (Live) 01:00 - 01:30
  • Matt Radovich 01:30 - 03:00
  • The Lines (Live) 03:00 - 04:00
  • Robert Anthony 04:00 - 06:00
It's been a nightmare trying to work out a lineup that doesn't disadvantage anyone and still lets the night flow.

We have figured that Matic on 3 decks is the best way to kick off any party, playing some deep, dark and heavy techno to get us all rolling. I can't wait to see what Carlos pulls out for us on the night :)

PDT is coming out for a special one hour set, tasked with getting everyone into the mood for the harder stuff that local legend Linas is going to drop all over us at 1am.

Following up from Linas is Matt Radovich, bumped up from a closing set at the last party to a main time set where he's promised to slam out some of the best techno tunes of today and Melbourne's checkered past.

The Lines have been furiously writing up a storm of new stuff and dragging out some of their well loved older tunes just for this MXML event. Expect a brand new set of tough techno all delivered 100% live.

Robert Anthony has been tasked with absolute demolition. Set to blow the doors off the venue, Robbie has been asked to belt the shit out of it in the style we all know and love.

Numbers are looking strong for this weekend, and we're bringing in the most fuck off lighting rig just for this event. The live acts are all fired up with brand new, never before heard sets, and the DJs are all hopping in their seats, ready to bring out the fucking techno.

For those of you who want to get onto the guest list for cheaper entry, email [email protected] with your full name and we'll make sure your name is on the door.

We'll have a few T shirts (all sizes) left over for door sales, and with the way they have turned out I'm not expecting these to hang around for long.

See you all there on the floor on Saturday night.
nadine

Post by nadine »

Direct links below people.
Matic - http://www.mxml.com.au/Matic_%20DJ%20Se ... 5_2009.mp3
PDT - http://www.mxml.com.au/PDT_%20DJ%20Set% ... 5_2009.mp3
Matt Radovich - http://www.mxml.com.au/Matt%20Radovich_ ... 5_2009.mp3

Expect this content, plus video, pics from each event and a whole lot more, on the soon to be properly launched MXML website at http://www.mxml.com.au.
Amick

Post by Amick »

nadine wrote:Direct links below people.
Matic - http://www.mxml.com.au/Matic_%20DJ%20Se ... 5_2009.mp3
PDT - http://www.mxml.com.au/PDT_%20DJ%20Set% ... 5_2009.mp3
Matt Radovich - http://www.mxml.com.au/Matt%20Radovich_ ... 5_2009.mp3

Expect this content, plus video, pics from each event and a whole lot more, on the soon to be properly launched MXML website at http://www.mxml.com.au.

Linas set??? plz!