Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
FoundationStepper

Re: Gripe thread

Post by FoundationStepper »

is the main issue the tradies playing the radio loudly?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

no.
its just the issue this week.

already been through the starting power tools before 7am.
already gone over the 'please dont yell on the phone at seven am next to my window'
tried calling council to find out if they even have a permit as i dont think they do - they were v unhelpful
tried emailing building permit guys to find out if they have one 0 not sure if they got back to my housie
already treid to chat to the owners, the builder in a diplomatic way.
rubbish in our front yard, loud swearing all day, on and on and on.
its the builders during the week and then the whole family comes over to help tap tap tap at things all wkend.

hence - stabby. i can deal with radio on its own!
nic

Post by nic »

why don't you just lose it at them rather than wading through protcolols etc. (if you tear up it might help)
a good heart to heart should fix it.

unless they are massive cunts, then nothing can be done and you will need to move house.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

hence me blasting dead prez this morning.

and i will continue to do so until they get it.
nic

Post by nic »

i mean a normal conversation not a sound system battle
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yeah tried that yesterday. and many days before that.
the first time he told me to 'get the fuck off his property'
yesterday he was civil, then today he was a cunt again.

maybe he has PMT?
Fents

Post by Fents »

i'll swap you noisy tradies for this toothache i have. in fact this pain is driving me so mental i might just come and stab the tradies for you free of charge.

dentist was fuckall help too the unsympathetic irish bitch.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Fents wrote:unsympathetic irish bitch.

:lol:

sorry mate I had to laugh at that...
nic

Post by nic »

oh you are def going to have to reach for the meckle
irish potato diggin pikeys imo
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

fents - i might take you up on that :lol:

tooth paint is worst - chew some cloves, they work to numb it, when there is no coke handy

;)
gnat

Post by gnat »

Fents wrote:i'll swap you noisy tradies for this toothache i have. in fact this pain is driving me so mental i might just come and stab the tradies for you free of charge.

dentist was fuckall help too the unsympathetic irish bitch.
there must be something wrong if it's hurty fents.. surely..?

clove?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
mrj

Post by mrj »

Fents wrote:dentist was fuckall help too the unsympathetic irish bitch.
sounds shit, i bet she was all like "fiddly dee dee potatoes" and didn't even listen to ya
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Ahh Kitteh, you need to speak to Foundationstepper... from memory he is the noise oracle. (FS... sorry... if I am mistaken, feel free to give me hell... brain is preoccupied with a lawsuit involving the Irish EPA and some cows, possibly including the dentist the Fents is hating on).

Also, try Vic EPA. If you need to get your issue reviewed, I'd get someone who knows the people who work in the department simply because in my experience the Vic EPA are completely and utterly overworked and understaffed.

From http://www.epa.vic.gov.au/noise/residen ... sp#problem
If your problem isn’t easily resolved
Formal mediation can be a good way to work through the issue together, or you may seek help from police or your local council.
Police and council officers can direct offenders to stop unreasonable noise. A direction remains in force for 12 hours. Failure to comply with a police or council direction is an offence and offenders are liable for on-the-spot fines. Directions can be issued at any time, and are typically used for noise such as loud parties or annoying airconditioners during the prohibited hours.
Local council can also take action under the nuisance provisions of the Health Act 1958. Councils are obliged to investigate noise nuisances.
For people living in apartments, their owners corporation must have procedures under the Owners Corporations Act 2006 to help deal with grievances. These can support communication between neighbours or when making a formal complaint. Also, under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, renters must avoid disturbing the peace and comfort of neighbours. Landlords may take action against tenants who break these rules. For more information on owners corporations or rental and noise, please contact Consumer Affairs Victoria on 1300 55 81 81.
The Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria can assist in resolving noise problems. This organisation helps people settle their disputes in a cooperative and lasting way. Mediation relies on both parties to the dispute being willing to discuss the problem in the presence of a mediator. Services are free and confidential.
Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria
Level 4/456 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
Telephone: (03) 9603 8370
Country callers: 1800 658 528
Fax: (03) 9603 8355
Website
Send an email
You may also take legal action yourself under the Health Act or EP Act. You should consult a solicitor if you are considering this course of action.
Otherwise place a sheep skull on their doorstep and slap a post-it-note on the forehead of the skull with this message: 'My doctor tells me that concrete mixers don't talk, but they do talk to me. They tell me to burn things'.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

Yeah I wrote the above (merged from various sources) and wrote/manged development of the last edition of this book (which is worth a full read):

http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/Publ ... /406.3.pdf
C.I.A. wrote:Also, try Vic EPA. If you need to get your issue reviewed, I'd get someone who knows the people who work in the department simply because in my experience the Vic EPA are completely and utterly overworked and understaffed.
Lol at this. I guess I'm the person who they send calls to when an issue is too tricky for the frontline staff to do. Unfortunately EPA does not review council actions in a formal sense, although I do often talk to officers about how to investigate issues etc.

GK - its a tricky one TBH, I mean, its probably not a stretch to call it unreasonable noise, but the question is what action can be done. Mediation is actually a very good thing, if people are willing. But if it fails or isn't appropriate, the question is what council are going to do? Do they think its unreasonble or a nuisance? would they take enforcment action? Have they actually looked into it properly? If you aren't happy with the way they have managed it, have you complained to people more senior? The Ombudsman also has a role.

Sometimes people will say the whole thing of construction noise is unavoidable, which is true to a point, but ignores the specific issues like shouting, loud radios etc, which can still be considered unreasonable.

CIA you should let me know if you're planning on coming by our offices, would like to say hi!
Last edited by FoundationStepper on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

thanks for the advice guys. it is a tricky one. i have tried most avenues.
will do more research from what you have said here.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

FoundationStepper wrote:Yeah I wrote the above (merged from various sources) and wrote/manged development of the last edition of this book (which is worth a full read):

http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/Publ ... /406.3.pdf
C.I.A. wrote:Also, try Vic EPA. If you need to get your issue reviewed, I'd get someone who knows the people who work in the department simply because in my experience the Vic EPA are completely and utterly overworked and understaffed.
Lol at this. I guess I'm the person who they send calls to when an issue is too tricky for the frontline staff to do. Unfortunately EPA does not review council actions in a formal sense, although I do often talk to officers about how to investigate issues etc.

GK - its a tricky one TBH, I mean, its probably not a stretch to call it unreasonable noise, but the question is what action can be done. Mediation is actually a very good thing, if people are willing. But if it fails or isn't appropriate, the question is what council are going to do? Do they think its unreasonble or a nuisance? would they take enforcment action? Have they actually looked into it properly? If you aren't happy with the way they have managed it, have you complained to people more senior? The Ombudsman also has a role.

Sometimes people will say the whole thing of construction noise is unavoidable, which is true to a point, but ignores the specific issues like shouting, loud radios etc, which can still be considered unreasonable.

CIA you should let me know if you're planning on coming by our offices, would like to say hi!
:smt006

Will do!! Next meeting in a few months. Have read your bulletins etc... you develop the allowable decibel thing? Was bass the defining factor? Lol, I sound like an EPA groupie. Ok, will stop hijacking gripe thread. Good luck GK!!!
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Amick

Post by Amick »

GOTD: ummm, rain. hello? today plz...ffs.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Amick wrote:GOTD: ummm, rain. hello? today plz...ffs.
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR513.loop.shtml

GOTD: Optus ads. Fucking fuck their ads piss me off. Why the FUCK are there Emperor Penguins wearing baseball caps and driving hummers in LA?! FUCK!! Optus, I hate you, your anthropomorphising of animated animals and the fact that you only use species from Africa, Asia and America in your Australian advertising campaigns except when you use Emperor Penguins and you manage to completely and utterly fuck that up by putting them in LA, DJing at a party with Pink. FUCK!! enough with the raccoons and ostriches as well, and stop with teh wanky violin humpback whale ads. You sell phones and encourage consumption of products that require rare earth minerals to run. You should be fined for using animal images you fucking fucks.
Amick

Post by Amick »

C.I.A. wrote:

GOTD: Optus ads. Fucking fuck their ads piss me off. Why the FUCK are there Emperor Penguins wearing baseball caps and driving hummers in LA?! FUCK!! Optus, I hate you, your anthropomorphising of animated animals and the fact that you only use species from Africa, Asia and America in your Australian advertising campaigns except when you use Emperor Penguins and you manage to completely and utterly fuck that up by putting them in LA, DJing at a party with Pink. FUCK!! enough with the raccoons and ostriches as well, and stop with teh wanky violin
humpback whale ads. You sell phones and encourage consumption of products that require rare earth minerals to run. You should be fined for using animal images you fucking fucks.
That's a pretty shite radar...

I agree with Craptus though, their use cute animated animals is fuckin fucked.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

C.I.A. wrote:

GOTD: Optus ads. Fucking fuck their ads piss me off. Why the FUCK are there Emperor Penguins wearing baseball caps and driving hummers in LA?! FUCK!! Optus, I hate you, your anthropomorphising of animated animals and the fact that you only use species from Africa, Asia and America in your Australian advertising campaigns except when you use Emperor Penguins and you manage to completely and utterly fuck that up by putting them in LA, DJing at a party with Pink. FUCK!! enough with the raccoons and ostriches as well, and stop with teh wanky violin humpback whale ads. You sell phones and encourage consumption of products that require rare earth minerals to run. You should be fined for using animal images you fucking fucks.
I agree they're scumbags and the ads are shite.

I mean what are they saying about their company with that shit? You dont have to be 5 years old to work here, but it helps. Do me a lemon! :twisted:
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
nic

Post by nic »

seems legit

(dead)
retzie

Post by retzie »

FUCK me, how willfully incompetent can front office people be?? We are trying to organise a conference and need accommodation booked. Sent email: here is form, here are all the details to write in the form, please add the Department account number and send the fucking thing. Stupidly thought this may have actually gotten done. Has it fuck! No idea why not (and if there is a reason, how about TELLING US SO WE CAN FIX IT!?!). Only found out because I randomly emailed the accomm people to ask about our contract: "We haven't received the form, though...?"

Do not want to have to check every fucking thing they are meant to have done. REALLY do not want 20 grad students arriving and having no accommodation.

Bah, also now feel like a cunt for writing a s-p-e-a-k-i-n-g-v-e-r-y-s-l-o-w-l-y email.

:x
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
L-J

Post by L-J »

After my gripe the other day about money going missing from my account. I now get a letter from NAB in regards to an ombudsman claim saying the account is still open when i closed it on the day i found out about the theft.

Damn they are dumbarses!

and the account is now 80 bucks overdrawn.
The South East Connection-Every Sat 9am-11am GMT+1 8pm-10pm GMT+10
Big Tings-24th Oct With Coki, Loefah, Mj Cole and Zed Bias @ Roxannes
Branded Beats- 6th Nov @ Mercat
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

the roof in the backroom of libs just caved in.

i have a really stressed out promoter, a waterfall instead of a bar, and a sound system in danger.

great.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Sweet Baby Jesus!

Good luck GK
Amick

Post by Amick »

ghetto kitty wrote:the roof in the backroom of libs just caved in.

i have a really stressed out promoter, a waterfall instead of a bar, and a sound system in danger.

great.
oh shit!!!!

:(
mrj

Post by mrj »

Holy shit!! That's terrible.
nic

Post by nic »

lol

(not really)
youthful_implants

ghetto kitty wrote:the roof in the backroom of libs just caved in.

great.
oh fuck thats not good!! :(

its madness out there!
Strontium Music

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

big high profile magazine launch too - been working on it for 3 months.

the VIPs arrive at six thirty.

anyone got more towels? fuck.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Roof leaking here like a fucking tap. Bigups to ACDC tonight though.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I fucking HATE today.
Gliding High
Location: Little Evil's evil cave, 666 Nasty St, Horribleville

Post by Gliding High »

Can't be too bad - you've found time to post :wink:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

just thought id let yall know that the club is fine...

event was a huge success all in all.

however i think we need to do some fixing cos if that happened during a packed club - total chaos.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

ghetto kitty wrote:fents - i might take you up on that :lol:

tooth paint is worst - chew some cloves, they work to numb it, when there is no coke handy

;)
I got told not to rub my gums with coke to alleviate tooth pain when I was in London.
Twas cheaper than going to the dentist though.
youthful_implants

not loving today. too tired, CBF, etc.
Strontium Music

mrj

Post by mrj »

ghetto kitty wrote:just thought id let yall know that the club is fine...

however i think we need to do some fixing cos if that happened during a packed club - total chaos.
prolly worth thinking about the possiblity of wires etc being exposed to waters
Amick

Post by Amick »

mrj wrote:

Valid point Capt. Obvious...

:roll:
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Know alls. Hows about you shut up? You cant know everything and if im talking to someone, you dont need to stick your nose in with a comment you have no idea is true. shithouse form.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:Know alls. Hows about you shut up? You cant know everything and if im talking to someone, you dont need to stick your nose in with a comment you have no idea is true. shithouse form.
Do you work with my Mum?

nic

Post by nic »

I am your mother Amick.
Amick

Post by Amick »

nic wrote:I am your mother Amick.

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007
mrj

Post by mrj »

Amick wrote:
mrj wrote:

Valid point Capt. Obvious...

:roll:
Thanks, but everyone just calls me Frank
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Hi Frank

I'm Kevin
nic

Post by nic »

Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

So the Council have finally come back to us 3 months later and decided that our Mezzanine and other structures do not comply with regulations – a commercial property needs commercial strength structures even if its being used for residential purposes. This has nothing to do with earlier claims of excessive noise pollution.
I’m so over this shit fight, I may have to start looking for a new place to live.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

sounds like it j.
sometimes the council just drill and drill warehouses till its easier to leave. happened to us too.

my GOTD - been waiting for this glossy fashion mag from Beruit that did an article on me. it just arrived, its in french, and i dont think its the right edition as im nowhere to be seen amongst the givenchy etc..

:(
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

I'd rather be waiting for some mail (male?) than looking for a new abode.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Nice post elflaymo.

and totally how ive been feeling about certain people in my life/work worlds....

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
youthful_implants

ghetto kitty wrote:Nice post elflaymo.

and totally how ive been feeling about certain people in my life/work worlds....

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
what the fuck have I done this time? :teef:

I'm gonna rename you Gripe Kitty
Strontium Music