Sterosonic actually has a decent line up

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
same o
peteybear™

Sterosonic actually has a decent line up

Post by same o »

Stereosonic 2010 lineup:

Tiesto
Calvin Harris
Carl Cox^
Robyn
Major Lazer
Sebastian Ingrosso
Benny Benassi
Wiley
Ricardo Villalobos
Infected Mushroom
Jeff Mills
Afrojack
Luciano
DJ Sneak
Annie Mac
Caspa & MC Rod Azlan
Giuseppe Ottaviani (GO! Live)
Reboot
DJ T
Bart B More
Optimo
DJ Dan
Congorock
Sied van Riel
Technasia^
Russ Chimes
Redshape
L-VIS 1990
Aly & Fila
and more to be announced..
huge
old boy

Re: Sterosonic actually has a decent line up

Post by huge »

wiley will cancel
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
EvilSnakeWoman

Post by EvilSnakeWoman »

OMG Millllsy!!!!!!!! *flashbacks*

Don't forget INFECTED MUSHROOM!!! Best live gig i've ever been to. EVER.

hmm a caspa/wiley side show would be good while they're here....

:scripteef:
Last edited by EvilSnakeWoman on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

huge wrote:wiley will cancel
he only did last time cuz the fool didn't get paid (apprently)
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

im not going!

Redshape sideshow please...
FliP

Post by FliP »

why didn't you Bold Annie Mac petey...?
She's the global ambassador for dubstep nowdays innit?

:teef:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

David Bass wrote:im not going!

this.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

i may,
l-viss 1990
jeff mills
caspa is a bit meh
wiley

not bad tbh
dust

Post by dust »

L Vis and Redshape! Nice.

I've seen Jeff Mills about a billion years ago. SO impressive.
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

same o wrote:

i may,
l-viss 1990
jeff mills
caspa is a bit meh
wiley

not bad tbh
not gonna pay over $100 to see a small amount of peeps, plus its not just the money. The venue, the people, the lining up for drink cards :banghead: then the lining up for drinks :banghead: .....im not doing that again.
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Agreed; my festival boycott stands..
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Same. unless its Days Like This or Rainbow Serpent.
EvilSnakeWoman

Post by EvilSnakeWoman »

the lining up for drink cards :banghead: then the lining up for drinks :banghead: .....im not doing that again.
i managed to smuggle a couple of hip flasks of cognac into parklife once... the people, venue, price and lining up for drinks were no longer a problem :kooislayer.:
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

David Bass wrote:
same o wrote:

i may,
l-viss 1990
jeff mills
caspa is a bit meh
wiley

not bad tbh
not gonna pay over $100 to see a small amount of peeps, plus its not just the money. The venue, the people, the lining up for drink cards :banghead: then the lining up for drinks :banghead: .....im not doing that again.
$100+ isn't too bad.

Just shelf a few and you will just need water, or get so wasted u could drink your piss

:teefnilly:
sPeCtRuM

Post by sPeCtRuM »

Not seen Jeff Mills before, so considering going for him and the other tech DJ's on the bill. Major Lazer/Wiley/Caspa/L-Vis 1990 all added bonus...

about drink cards...did they still have that last year? i heard they scrapped it..could be wrong tho.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Saw Jeff Mills at some hardware party at shed 4 in around 2000. I had been doing decor in the shed for a week and had never been to an indoor 'rave' in Melbourne before. He had a guy behind him whos job it was to catch all the records he threw up in the air at the end of each mix, cos he used so many. no time for sleeves! amazing. Entire place was with him for every beat.

That was the moment, alone in baby blue PVC in a sea of 15,000 ravers. Back when pingaz were good. Back when I liked, no LOVED techno.
Will never be the same again for me.

could not for Stereosonic in a blue fit tbh.
deviant

Post by deviant »

Vids from Laurent Garnier last year looked AWESOME tbh, they have a "no shirts off" policy at stereosonic too... which is ultra win imo
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

ghetto kitty wrote:Saw Jeff Mills at some hardware party at shed 4 in around 2000. I had been doing decor in the shed for a week and had never been to an indoor 'rave' in Melbourne before. He had a guy behind him whos job it was to catch all the records he threw up in the air at the end of each mix, cos he used so many. no time for sleeves! amazing. Entire place was with him for every beat.

That was the moment, alone in baby blue PVC in a sea of 15,000 ravers. Back when pingaz were good. Back when I liked, no LOVED techno.

BACK WHEN I WAS YOUNG!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

ahh who cares i reckon it will be mad, not been to a festival in aaaaaagggggggeeeesssss so may do this
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yes, pete, back when i was your age

:P
EvilSnakeWoman

Post by EvilSnakeWoman »

ghetto kitty wrote:Saw Jeff Mills at some hardware party at shed 4 in around 2000. I had been doing decor in the shed for a week and had never been to an indoor 'rave' in Melbourne before. He had a guy behind him whos job it was to catch all the records he threw up in the air at the end of each mix, cos he used so many. no time for sleeves! amazing. Entire place was with him for every beat.

that gig was rad, millsy is the shit... blue pvc jumpsuit lol :P dare u to post a picture of that one kitty! was it sleeveless?
wore my WuTang hockey jersey n black cargos that nite... rolled down with the boy of my dreams :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 ... best date i've had i recon. ahhh good times. i'd do it again if i had proper disposable income (and if the pingaz were white mitzies again)!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i never said the word 'jumpsuit'

;)
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

same o wrote:
'i'm like the 38 bus, 'cause i never turn up'
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
kiss & tell

Post by kiss & tell »

same o wrote:Stereosonic 2010 lineup:
Wiley
Ricardo Villalobos
Jeff Mills
L-VIS 1990
only good acts imo and wtf is jeff mills not headlining?!?!
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

I put $100 on Ricardo highjacking Revolver for a few days
Don't hate me for house
EvilSnakeWoman

Post by EvilSnakeWoman »

ghetto kitty wrote:i never said the word 'jumpsuit'

;)
teehee, I'm visualising something similar to an old 70s ski outfit? (I still have my JC Killey puffer)
kiss & tell wrote:
Millsy was a headliner when he played teckers. Could be a bit of a let down if he drops a new skool house set or sumting. it's kind like going to see a dnb dj you've always wanted to see play crackhouse... bit disturbing imo. don't think people spell out music styles enough these days, we're expected to know or do WAY too much research prior to going to a gig. By the time i've listened to a dozen youtube clips each day i cbf going out.. similar to the 38buz. Back in the day it was just word of mouth and some pretty flyers so you had to keep it simple eg. Jungle Run/Heavy Innit. 2ez I know what i'm gunna get. Oh and flyers were stickers & A4 colour posters and we put them on our fridges & walls to look at all day/nite. And "pingaz" were googs. what world are we living in now... i need a figgin PHD in electronic music and accounting to get in & out of a gig unharmed ;) sheesh too much remembering breaking my mind! carry on
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Only ones I'd see are Mills and Cox, and i've seen them both loads of times already. Rest are either shit or i've never heard of them, and therefore shit :teef:

But mostly shit.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

fooishbar wrote:
same o wrote:
'i'm like the 38 bus, 'cause i never turn up'
wiley gets into bare grief on twitter its quite funny.

he's currently waging a war against some 16 year old MC called Kayne. turbo-lulz
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
nic

Post by nic »

EvilSnakeWoman wrote:

;)
teehee, I'm visualising something similar to an old 70s ski outfit? (I still have my JC Killey puffer)
kiss & tell wrote:
Millsy was a headliner when he played teckers. Could be a bit of a let down if he drops a new skool house set or sumting. it's kind like going to see a dnb dj you've always wanted to see play crackhouse... bit disturbing imo. don't think people spell out music styles enough these days, we're expected to know or do WAY too much research prior to going to a gig. By the time i've listened to a dozen youtube clips each day i cbf going out.. similar to the 38buz. Back in the day it was just word of mouth and some pretty flyers so you had to keep it simple eg. Jungle Run/Heavy Innit. 2ez I know what i'm gunna get. Oh and flyers were stickers & A4 colour posters and we put them on our fridges & walls to look at all day/nite. And "pingaz" were googs. what world are we living in now... i need a figgin PHD in electronic music and accounting to get in & out of a gig unharmed ;) sheesh too much remembering breaking my mind! carry on
:scr1pt:

back when i moved to melbourne i went to fractured alot, pretty much most weeks - it was really good and enjoyed the vibe at Seven and then onto Banana Alley. During this time I was working as an architect down in South Melbourne, it was a quiet easy commute from Richmond (where I lived at the time in a totally bongus gigantic apartment with my friends. At work I used a piece of software called Archicad - it was the first documentation software to use a integrated 2D/ drawings / 3D model approach and was really good to use. It had its own scripting language called GDL which was a bit archaic but useful at the time. These days I dont listen to brakes much tbh mostly house hiphop dubstep banging raev stuff, imo jeff mills is past it. My parents have always had Airedale Terriers and one day I too would liek to own one - they have an amazing temperament, really good dogs. However if you are thinking of getting one you will need a large yard raptor jesus is an internet meme that has also morphed into too many googs also known as the philosophoraptor. OK that said bare muzzas abound tbh it like a cultural broverload that makes the street of melbourne not very attractive at night sometimes i dont feel safe. not a big fan of Brown Alley always is hot and crap sound.
Stryfe

Post by Stryfe »

Your all missing the point...

Tiesto! He only played 3 shows at Rod Laver last year, certainly not enough for any one person in 12 months.

I missed Wiley last time (with Skepta) while i was in Perth, heard he was to drunk to put on any sort of a show anyway, had an australian flag and kept trying to do the aussie aussie aussie chant :tard:
FliP

Post by FliP »

*cough* technasia *cough*

:joy:
FliP

Post by FliP »

the crowd is fkn horrible tho.. last year was abysmal..
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

FliP wrote:*cough* technasia *cough*

:joy:
Thank you Flip.

no one else said anything.

Twas one of the first records I bought from Hardware records in 2001

I'm going. 27/11 in Sydney - anyone wanna come?

DBoy

Post by DBoy »

nic wrote:
EvilSnakeWoman wrote:

;)
kiss & tell wrote:

back when i moved to melbourne i went to fractured alot, pretty much most weeks - it was really good and enjoyed the vibe at Seven and then onto Banana Alley. During this time I was working as an architect down in South Melbourne, it was a quiet easy commute from Richmond (where I lived at the time in a totally bongus gigantic apartment with my friends. At work I used a piece of software called Archicad - it was the first documentation software to use a integrated 2D/ drawings / 3D model approach and was really good to use. It had its own scripting language called GDL which was a bit archaic but useful at the time. These days I dont listen to brakes much tbh mostly house hiphop dubstep banging raev stuff, imo jeff mills is past it. My parents have always had Airedale Terriers and one day I too would liek to own one - they have an amazing temperament, really good dogs. However if you are thinking of getting one you will need a large yard raptor jesus is an internet meme that has also morphed into too many googs also known as the philosophoraptor. OK that said bare muzzas abound tbh it like a cultural broverload that makes the street of melbourne not very attractive at night sometimes i dont feel safe. not a big fan of Brown Alley always is hot and crap sound.
Yeah Yeah, for sure. I used to go to Fractured every week to, sometimes doing a double act with OoO triple with Sumo for a bit. My parents had German Shepards though. Always wondered about if my Dad has of been a shepard would he have been sheep or something more like lamas. Actually since I had a baby I have really chilled out my listening, lots of jazz. But I still get on my DnB and beat wagon, usually on the way home from work. Not many muzzas on the train TBH. Kinda like in the clubs around 2000, was all PLUR and that knida thing. Didn't hear people complain about the sound in te warehouses, even with tin walls that reverbed and almost sounded like part of the track. I moved houses a few times, lived in lots of share places, and even a studio by myself, in Richmond as a matter of a fact, but not withstanding that the pressure has always been fairly high, so no technical wizbang here, just really standard prodcedure and creativity. Probably write a novel this year.
aroes

Post by aroes »

fucking lol nic and dboy
SDF1

Post by SDF1 »

EvilSnakeWoman wrote:Millsy was a headliner when he played teckers. Could be a bit of a let down if he drops a new skool house set or sumting.
Is there even a chance he'll do something different to the same set he's done for the last 15 years? Step to enchantment, the bells, sonic destroyer etc.

I'd be more impressed if Jeff actually played some NEW FUCKING MUSIC.

Optimo also worthy act on the bill. If Luciano does more of his classic house thing without so much 'deep minimal rolling chunky progressive tech house' wankery that could be decent.

srsly how can something be minimal and chunky? fkn
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

SDF1 wrote:
LOL unlikely tbh.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
EvilSnakeWoman

Post by EvilSnakeWoman »

DBoy wrote:
nic wrote:

back when i moved to melbourne i went to fractured alot, pretty much most weeks - it was really good and enjoyed the vibe at Seven and then onto Banana Alley. These days I dont listen to brakes much tbh mostly house hiphop dubstep banging raev stuff, imo jeff mills is past it. not a big fan of Brown Alley always is hot and crap sound.
Yeah Yeah, for sure. I used to go to Fractured every week to, sometimes doing a double act with OoO triple with Sumo for a bit. Kinda like in the clubs around 2000, was all PLUR and that knida thing. Didn't hear people complain about the sound in te warehouses, even with tin walls that reverbed and almost sounded like part of the track.
:scripteef:

SDF1 wrote: Is there even a chance he'll do something different to the same set he's done for the last 15 years? Step to enchantment, the bells, sonic destroyer etc.

TBH i haven't listened to much minimal or techno these days other than what friends make. maybe it's the old sound that's no longer the headliner then? Tiesto is obviously what majority of the sterosonic crowd wanna see..
PS. the bells :angel10:
SDF1

Post by SDF1 »

Must admit my recent techno exposure is whatever I happen to be reluctantly subjected to while trashed at hippie festivals.

But using the power of my patented techno demigod formula I was able to extrapolate some relevant data.

DJ who ever played at Tresor + Money still pouring in + hero worship = Ride that gravy train till the very last steroided kraut or slav loses muscle control from severe dopamine deprivation.
FliP

Post by FliP »

SDF1 wrote: I'd be more impressed if Jeff actually played some NEW FUCKING MUSIC.
Jeff Mill's July 2010 Beatport chart

you be the judge..

(only 1 track in there from 2000)
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

FliP wrote:
SDF1 wrote: I'd be more impressed if Jeff actually played some NEW FUCKING MUSIC.
Jeff Mill's July 2010 Beatport chart

you be the judge..

(only 1 track in there from 2000)
He's definitely a fan of his own tunes!
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
SDF1

Post by SDF1 »

Beatport chart does not a man who care not unmake.
kiss & tell

Post by kiss & tell »

Jeff Mills is a better DJ then any of you could possibly ever hope to be
SDF1

Post by SDF1 »

I'd love nothing more than for him to play an awesome set, cos if he's on he's capable of truly blowing each and every other act in existence out of the water.

But, will he be 'on' for a mass market festival? And are there recent examples of him playing something new/different/amazing?

Honestly I'd rather see a wet paper bag behind the consoles train-wrecking great new music than a wizard playing same old loops. (though if he played a set as the wizard i'd be there front row centre).
Last edited by SDF1 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

kiss & tell wrote:Jeff Mills is a better DJ than any of you could possibly ever hope to be
*fixed
:teefnilly:
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
kiss & tell

Post by kiss & tell »

chur andy chur
FliP

Post by FliP »

SDF1 wrote:Beatport chart does not a man who care not unmake.
i dont know what that means but it was just an indication to what he might be playing... :?
gnat

Post by gnat »

gawd feigs would be so much worse in sydney wouldn't it? shudder. absolutely couldn't do it

one of the best gigs i've ever been to was jeff mills and juan atkins when i was in perth. tight as hell, mad tunes and mad trolleyed. i recall my friend wearing a velvet top hat and rollin with a can of medic. ahhh those were the days. lol
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
phonetics

Post by phonetics »

Mills is a legend... Seen him heaps of times and he never disappoints... Totally awesome line up for a big festival... Needs some drum & bass though...
REST-LESS Friday October 14 MERCAT BASEMENT

View this on Soundcloud

huge
old boy

Post by huge »

gnat wrote:rollin with a can of medic
medic lol. medic bear?
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums