Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mrj

Re: Gripe thread

Post by mrj »

work on a saturday. again.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

banner sizes standard or GTFO tbh.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
deviant

Post by deviant »

oh yeah, just coz now you know have a small one......
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

lilstormer wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:best thing to do is buy a property, rent it out to someone gullible and do the same thing to them. Only way to get justice imo.
I reckon just depends on how greedy the landlord is and how much they listen to the agent.

The agent who looks after our investment property was trying to get us to raise the rent, but not outrageously $10-$20 pw max, we said no leave it as is. We've only had one rent increase of $20 per week in 6 years in the house we live in. So feel we should share the good karma innit.
i don't think an increase in rent is always due to straight 'greed' ... the point of investing in property is to make a return so the aim is to rent the property out for as much as the market will allow (it's not like landlord buy houses to rent them out cheap to renters). not saying dan's rental increase is fair or not fair ... but i'd expect with my investment property i'd be seeing 10-20% year on year rental increases from my agent.
deviant

Post by deviant »

yeah, but it's funny that they don't come and assess the property properly or anything... they just go up at the legally allowable time.

the increases we had weren't including the ones I fought (and won)...
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

deviant wrote:yeah, but it's funny that they don't come and assess the property properly or anything... they just go up at the legally allowable time.

the increases we had weren't including the ones I fought (and won)...
shutup no phone :teef:
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
deviant

Post by deviant »

^^^ yeah, that is gripe of the week... losing my phone :(
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

deviant wrote:^^^ yeah, that is gripe of the week... losing my phone :(
major pisser. :(
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

shepherd wrote:
lilstormer wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:best thing to do is buy a property, rent it out to someone gullible and do the same thing to them. Only way to get justice imo.
I reckon just depends on how greedy the landlord is and how much they listen to the agent.

The agent who looks after our investment property was trying to get us to raise the rent, but not outrageously $10-$20 pw max, we said no leave it as is. We've only had one rent increase of $20 per week in 6 years in the house we live in. So feel we should share the good karma innit.
i don't think an increase in rent is always due to straight 'greed' ... the point of investing in property is to make a return so the aim is to rent the property out for as much as the market will allow (it's not like landlord buy houses to rent them out cheap to renters). not saying dan's rental increase is fair or not fair ... but i'd expect with my investment property i'd be seeing 10-20% year on year rental increases from my agent.
But what about negative gearing, we get the money back off tax anyways. The return on an investment property mainly comes from the increase in the value of the property rather than rental return surely? 10-20% increase a year you say... I say that's greedy, glad you're not my landlord.
Free to those that can afford it, very expensive to those that can't.
retzie

Post by retzie »

My MTBR* is completely unacceptable. Just wanna dance :(

* Mean Time Between Raves.
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

jeebs. deffo no more raving for me. still fairly shabby from very minor house rave huhu. just wanna sleep.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

huge wrote:jeebs. deffo no more raving for me. still fairly shabby from very minor house rave huhu. just wanna sleep.

Where was my invite to said house rave? House rave is the best form of rave these days for me.

Def more stories of lol at house rave, ask Liam where his shoes are? lolz
GO CATS! GO CATS!
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Cant do fuck all about the rent, really.

They tried to put it up 50 bucks 12 months ago, i wrote a letter and got out of it, not even worth trying this time around.

Plus i think even after a $60 a week increase I am still probably under market value.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
almax

Post by almax »

kronz wrote:
huge wrote:jeebs. deffo no more raving for me. still fairly shabby from very minor house rave huhu. just wanna sleep.

Where was my invite to said house rave? House rave is the best form of rave these days for me.
i don't go to parties baby
cos people tend to freak me out
watch their lips you can work it out
i can hear the words but i still don't know what it's all about

you won't see me down the disco mama
bright lights really hurt my eyes
i'd rather stay and dance with you
to the funky music playing on your stereo

ooh ooh, things don't get no better
better than you and new
better than you and me

i don't go to concerts baby
music's always up too loud
cigarettes and alcohol get up my arse
i always lose you in the crowd

you won't see me tribal raving baby
cos i won't ever look that good
i'd rather dance in ugly pants in the comfort of a loungeroom in suburbia

better than you and me
better than you and me

that's right

better than you and me
better than you and me

that's right

better than you and me
better than you and me

thankyou mr. dj
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

lilstormer wrote:

nice one Sal on being a good landlord.

We had ours put up 3 times over a year and a half period, i fought every one of them. Then when we moved out the greedy buggers put it up by $100 a week!!! Sucks to be them though cos no one wants to rent it at that price and has requested if they do, all this work needs to be done on the property, which is now costing them thousands. They could have kept the rent down for us, and they would still have tenants, but no, they got too greedy. Even the agent said they were too greedy, what does that tell you?!!?
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
mecka

Post by mecka »

Fucking lack of communication here at work - try to show some initiative and get shitcanned for it. Wasted half of my day because somebodyfailed to write a fucking memo.

Fuck this week already
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

But what about negative gearing, we get the money back off tax anyways. The return on an investment property mainly comes from the increase in the value of the property rather than rental return surely? 10-20% increase a year you say... I say that's greedy, glad you're not my landlord.
the return from an investment property isn't about the valuation on exit for me - it's about getting a partially subsidised mortgage effectively by getting a tenant to pay a component of it in exchange for living there. negative gearing still implies a loss ... ie for me the diff. between rental income and mortgage cost is about $1300 a month so I'm doing whatever I can to close that gap as even after tax benefits I still lose $700 a month (which is $8400 per annum, not insignificant for anyone really) ... if closing the gap involves rental increases, so be it. if someone pays it it must be fair (and no I don't smash the tenant every year with massive increases)

things go up in price all the time - petrol, food, going out, beer - everything ... just comes back to supply and demand. the melb rental market is relatively low on supply ... so in that situation you can push up rental cost if you feel its justified. Maybe 20% is greedy ... 10-15% is fair I think given the competition for rentals. Of course, if you have a great tenant you weigh up the benefits and costs of potentially going for more rental revenue.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

im an excellent landlord :D
mecka

Post by mecka »

kronz wrote:

Def more stories of lol at house rave, ask Liam where his shoes are? lolz
Old No-Shoes Farley innit.

Many lols had at house raves lately.
kronz

Post by kronz »

So the audit didn't finish.

I have been stuck out here yesterday and today cleaning things up.

Gonna have to come out again tomorrow.

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Wait till my bikie gang takes off, then they'll all be fucked.

Legend 277
GO CATS! GO CATS!
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

shepherd wrote:
the return from an investment property isn't about the valuation on exit for me - it's about getting a partially subsidised mortgage effectively by getting a tenant to pay a component of it in exchange for living there. negative gearing still implies a loss ... ie for me the diff. between rental income and mortgage cost is about $1300 a month so I'm doing whatever I can to close that gap as even after tax benefits I still lose $700 a month (which is $8400 per annum, not insignificant for anyone really) ... if closing the gap involves rental increases, so be it. if someone pays it it must be fair (and no I don't smash the tenant every year with massive increases)

things go up in price all the time - petrol, food, going out, beer - everything ... just comes back to supply and demand. the melb rental market is relatively low on supply ... so in that situation you can push up rental cost if you feel its justified. Maybe 20% is greedy ... 10-15% is fair I think given the competition for rentals. Of course, if you have a great tenant you weigh up the benefits and costs of potentially going for more rental revenue.
wow, that's massive difference between rental income and mortgage payments, no wonder you're keen to jack up the rent.

From my point of view I'd rather keep a good tenant than make an extra $50 to $100 per month off rent. If they decide to move out then I lose the revenue altogether until a new one moves in. So the rent increase is a false economy if you know what i mean.

However when the tenants do move out I will raise the rent for the next lot to bring it closer to market prices.
mrj

Post by mrj »

another 7.00pm finish.

i'm starting to get tireded.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

baby sparrows are annoying as hell.

and the shoaling* on the canning st bike path is out of control.

bikesnobnyc wrote:"shoaling." As I've explained before, no rider, no matter how slow or diminutive, will ever come to a stop behind another rider at a red light. Instead, it is standard practice to pass that rider and stop in front of him, even if this involves doing so in the middle of the crosswalk or in the actual intersection, well ahead of the traffic signal. "Shoaling" is an incredibly rude practice, and it's tantamount to cutting in front of someone at an ATM, supermarket checkout, or urinal line.
Even more annoying is when someone has just shoaled the hell out of you, then struggles to get started forcing you to overtake them only to be shoaled again at the next intersection.

wtf is wrong with people?
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

LIFO
Don't hate me for house
aroes

Post by aroes »

huge wrote:baby sparrows are annoying as hell.

and the shoaling* on the canning st bike path is out of control.

bikesnobnyc wrote:"shoaling." As I've explained before, no rider, no matter how slow or diminutive, will ever come to a stop behind another rider at a red light. Instead, it is standard practice to pass that rider and stop in front of him, even if this involves doing so in the middle of the crosswalk or in the actual intersection, well ahead of the traffic signal. "Shoaling" is an incredibly rude practice, and it's tantamount to cutting in front of someone at an ATM, supermarket checkout, or urinal line.
Even more annoying is when someone has just shoaled the hell out of you, then struggles to get started forcing you to overtake them only to be shoaled again at the next intersection.

wtf is wrong with people?
is it more annoying when you're on a fixie because it fucks up your take off from a trackstand?

i do it from time to time, tbh i never realised it pissed people off so much.......i guess i should really stop doing it
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

it's fine if you back it up with some pace, but if you're just some chick in a dress on a mixte there's a good chance that you've got shit acceleration huhu.
aroes

Post by aroes »

lol seen

when i'm on my roadie sometimes it takes me 10 or so metres to clip in, making me arguably slower than a chick on a mixte

phear my shoal
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

huge wrote:but if you're just some chick in a dress on a mixte there's a good chance that you've got shit acceleration huhu.
sexist fixy hipster wanker :retzienolike:

I agree with you about the shoaling, however I have much more trouble on the roads due to riders on fixies who can't stop and seem unable ride them properly. What's the fucking rush anyhow, I can ride at whatever speed i like (I don't shoal or wear a dress).
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

lilstormer wrote:I don't shoal or wear a dress.
wtf? then i don't have a problem with you.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Sick as a dog at the worst possible time of the year.
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

huge wrote:
lilstormer wrote:I don't shoal or wear a dress.
wtf? then i don't have a problem with you.
You just have a problem with women on bikes other than fixies wearing dresses... I object to your sexism is all.

pillock :booty:
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

lol righto huhuh. i like how it is the only conclusion you drew out of that.
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

huge wrote:lol righto huhuh. i like how it is the only conclusion you drew out of that.
I can understand your frustration at the shoaling. But also not everyone wants to ride as fast as they can in one gear, you should understand that too. re the shoaling, maybe there should be some keep left unless overtaking signs at the lights for bikes... or something. Certainly the increase in bike traffic means that riders need to be more mindful of others and a few bike road rules wouldn't go astray.

ps I mean you no harm, it's just that sexist boys annoy me. But I'm sure you didn't really mean it.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

let's go for a ride together one day, you'll be very surprised :)
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Is it sexism or (accurate) generalisation?
Don't hate me for house
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

huge wrote:let's go for a ride together one day, you'll be very surprised :)
:dancing: surprised about what? I'll join you for a cycle one day as long as you shout me a coffee at your shop at the end of it :)

JAMESSSS wrote:Is it sexism or (accurate) generalisation?
generalisations are seldom accurate, 'cos they're a generalisations, the use of chicks in skirts wasn't the best. You're a boy, you wouldn't understand (see what I did there?)
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Generalisations are mostly accurate, because they are generalisations!

They won't be right in some cases, but will in most cases.

Of course I'm bored and assuming that they are valid to begin with.
Don't hate me for house
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

JAMESSSS wrote:Generalisations are mostly accurate, because they are generalisations!

They won't be right in some cases, but will in most cases.

Of course I'm bored and assuming that they are valid to begin with.
your generalisation about generalisations isn't accurate
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

It must be because I'm sexist!
Don't hate me for house
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

lilstormer wrote::dancing: surprised about what?
that your generalisations about fixed gear riders are largely incorrect :teef:
lilstormer wrote:the use of chicks in skirts wasn't the best.
i could have said, crazy middle aged lycra clad high riding man with cable ties all over his helmet. but it wasn't him this morning. :teef: :teef: :teef: :teef:
mrj

Post by mrj »

all you stereotypers are all the same!*

*whilst that is possibly the 50th time I've used that line this year, no i don't think its getting old
deviant

Post by deviant »

double all

:teef:
aroes

Post by aroes »

lilstormer wrote: I'll join you for a cycle one day as long as you shout me a coffee at your shop at the end of it :)
imo you should shout huge a coffee

break down the stereotype, all the women, independent
deviant

Post by deviant »

lol, Huge's comment was probably more about inappropriate riding attire. Maybe this is a generalisation, but most guys don't wear dresses.
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

deviant wrote:lol, Huge's comment was probably more about inappropriate riding attire. Maybe this is a generalisation, but most guys don't wear dresses.
but you know Dan, generalisations are not that accurrate

:teef:
deviant

Post by deviant »

I can't see image, but I'm guessing it's that photochop of me wearing a dress riding a bike that Retzie did....

pwned
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

deviant wrote:I can't see image, but I'm guessing it's that photochop of me wearing a dress riding a bike that Retzie did....

pwned
It's you in that fetching pink number, no bike. Nice legs fella :smt007
retzie

Post by retzie »

It's not, but now that you mention it...

I'd forgotten about that one :lol:
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
deviant

Post by deviant »

sorry about the shoaling huge