Hear No Evil, See No Evil Sat 25th @ My Aeon

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
HearNoEvil

Hear No Evil, See No Evil Sat 25th @ My Aeon

Post by HearNoEvil »

Ironically, I got an e-mail today saying the post for the first gig was approved. Ashame it's 2 weeks too late.
Never the less, on Saturday 25th of Spetember we're doing it again after the success of the first one.

huge
old boy

Re: Hear No Evil, See No Evil Sat 25th @ My Aeon

Post by huge »

get involved and make some more posts and your threads will be auto approved.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
HearNoEvil

Post by HearNoEvil »

Yeah I should try ey? I kinda have a lot on my plate though. Its a time thing.

If any of you have seen the post from the first gig, I think we mentioned that we play all kinds of EDM, so, we have to run around heaps of Trance and Techno boards and everything. We're a very mixed bag and whilst it makes our gigs a melting pot of people and sounds, it does mean we have to manage our time more effectively than say someone whose throwing a Techno gig and knows to promote it on a Techno forum and get chummy with those forumers and stuff. I don't want to get chummy with you lot just to get you to our gigs. Thats the first sign of fake friends.

Fuck that. Come down and have a good time. Make some new friends and shit that way I won't have to tell you about it here I can give you more direct methods of telling you when the next one is.

We have a great group of people who came to the first one and were blown away and desperate to know when the second is, we're just trying to extend that invitation a little further.
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

Count me in :D
Looking forward to smashing some beats!!
HearNoEvil

Post by HearNoEvil »

This is me making my effort to get involved :P

Basically the musical concept of this night is that, its the old school concept of the music going through its paces. Soft, hard, etc so that it doesn't get boring.

Theres also a Vj show we put on. Which isn't just, a dvd left on repeat. Its a collage of clips and effects assigned appropriately by a Vj through the course of the night to give the music a hightened effect.

Then theres a few lights and lasers as well but not much.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

nice one. you're now over the auto approve threshold!

good luck with the gig man :)
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
HearNoEvil

Post by HearNoEvil »

No more auto approve? I feel so, democratic now :D

For a second I thought you'd been hired by the government to filter the internet and shit. I was about to bust out in protest and march down Bourke street with a big banner chanting and shit.

Thanks champ. Hopefully you can make it down and enjoy it yourself.
snotface

Post by snotface »

Hey i'll be headin down that night... What's J-Slyde playin?
snotface

Post by snotface »

How was the last one of these?
HearNoEvil

Post by HearNoEvil »

Just a heads up as to set times and a possible prediction as to how the night will unfold.

10 - 11:00 Hear No Evil Trio. We're thinking of starting with some Dub leading into some Techno. Not too heavy though.
11 - 12:30 Rachel Orchard. Known for her Techno, Rachel will be doing her thing.
12:30 - 2 Hear No Evil Trip. Back to bridge the gap between Techno and J-Slyde.
2 - 3:30 J-Slyde. We've been told he'll be playing a darker, harder tip of Breaks and DnB. Just how I like it.
3:30 - Close. Hear No Evil Trio. The venue will close usually somewhere between 5 and 7am ish. From the point after J-Slydes set,
house party rules come into effect. ANYTHING GOES!!! So, be prepared for a massive cocktail
of contemporary electronic dance music.

Basically, its new music in an old school format so that you're not getting bored by hearing the same thing for 8 hours.
We also have a Vj show in place. A bizzare one at that.

So, thats it. Thats our agenda for the 25th of September. Hopefully we can see you down there.
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

snotface wrote:Hey i'll be headin down that night... What's J-Slyde playin?
A whole heap of breaks. Might drop in some DnB if the crowd looks like they're up for it :D

You going to come down?? Beer ahoy if so!!
HearNoEvil

Post by HearNoEvil »

Jordz if you don't play DnB I will. See how we go though. I'm about to burn all my Dub to C.D. because last time we had Spherix & Kwality in, and after their set I thought one of the other guys had organsied some Dub but didn't, so this time I'm bringing some just incase.

Wait till you see the Vj show man. I got some grouse shit that goes really well with breaks.
HearNoEvil

Post by HearNoEvil »

snotface wrote:How was the last one of these?
Of course I'm gonna tell you "Oh it was off its tits" to get more people interested. But yes, it actually was. We had a big VJ show, nice numbers. Actually, numbers were better than we'd hoped for and we finished up around 5 or 6ish Am. Musically, we started at Dub, then through out the night was just a cocktail of everything.

By about 5:30 we had moved to this really fucked up place and ended up playing Gabber and Speedcore and shit and people were still into it. (The VJ show helps with that though. It really sucks you into the dancefloor) one of the Hear No Evil Trio played a really, reallly amazing progressive set after Spherix & Kwality and that was great. Then The Degenerate was some nice Techno. Not Minimal but not too hard. From there it kind of went in that direction. By 3/4am ish was kinda a mix between Techno/Acid and Trance. There was a nice Hybrid - Finished Symphony momment. Then yeah. 5:30ish, took a hardcore twist. Then we ended with Ambient just to mellow people out as the sun came up.
It was really beautiful.

I can proudly and honestly say that the last one of these we did was really good. Atleast from our perspective. We had numbers, our Vj show that we had tried for the first time worked. Our new toys all worked, people stayed all night and no one had a bad time.
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

Looking forward to this! :D
Got some great beats im really keen to drop.
HearNoEvil

Post by HearNoEvil »

Not to sound gay or anything, but do you promise to deliver fantastic new beats of a hemroid popping nature so help you God?
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

YUS. :D
HearNoEvil

Post by HearNoEvil »

Oh tell me more, so that I can reply again and make it look like people are reading this.