Gimme a Break! All local bangin breaksfest - Sat 2nd of July

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

marcus wrote:I'll be wrapping myself in cotton wool for the next few days in preparation for Saturday night. A bit of mental preparation also wouldn't go astray after the verbal banter I had to endure following the last Gimme, some of the items discussed at one particular after party by a couple of messed up individuals has scarred me for life :shock:
Yeah, would have been that GM charactar for sure.
God he talks some shit after a party. :smt003

(Just trying to shift the blame. I know it was me Marcus, and for scarring you like that - I'm sorry) :oops:
gnat

Post by gnat »

Little Evil wrote:
marcus wrote:I'll be wrapping myself in cotton wool for the next few days in preparation for Saturday night. A bit of mental preparation also wouldn't go astray after the verbal banter I had to endure following the last Gimme, some of the items discussed at one particular after party by a couple of messed up individuals has scarred me for life :shock:
Yeah, would have been that GM charactar for sure.
God he talks some shit after a party. :smt003

(Just trying to shift the blame. I know it was me Marcus, and for scarring you like that - I'm sorry) :oops:
says the shit speaking master!!!!! :wink:

i have heard a tonne of bullshit from your mouth in the time i've known you mr evil- all highly entertaining, but bullshit nonetheless
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

just RSVP'd

farken BRING IT!

Hi Nat :smt006
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
gnat

Post by gnat »

Just did the same for the northside gals.

Ready for some BRRRREEEEEAAAAAKKKKSSSS!!

Hiya glenny Chicken :smt006
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

Actually Evil, I think it was both of us - something to do with our mums...

I accept full responsibility, in fact I revel in it!

RSVP'ing today.

8)
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

:doodles:
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

RSVP confirmed, not 100% if we're gonna make it as we have an important birthday party to attend prior (apparently a decent chick breaks dj is playing at it... :wink: )

Hopefully catch you cats there...
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote::doodles:
Still trying to work it out LMB. It seems you can't put down guestlist names without having individual email addresses for each name and each person has to individually activate their guest list name with a return email.

We will work something out. :wink:
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

[quote="great_magnet"]RSVP confirmed, not 100% if we're gonna make it as we have an important birthday party to attend prior (apparently a decent chick breaks dj is playing at it... :wink: )

quote]

:smt020 :wink:
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

Hey Guy - FYI

Just received my return confirmation email, looks like you don't need to activate it. Unless I am a completely technically challenged buffoon that is... Which is always possible...

ps - do you reckon you could bring my Icey cd's along on the night, been missing my kids and need their special brand of aural pleasure again!
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

great_magnet wrote:Hey Guy - FYI

Just received my return confirmation email, looks like you don't need to activate it. Unless I am a completely technically challenged buffoon that is... Which is always possible...

ps - do you reckon you could bring my Icey cd's along on the night, been missing my kids and need their special brand of aural pleasure again!
Hmmmmm, puzzled???? It specifically says that your non ITM guests will need to return email via their email provided to activate it. Who knows. I'm confused....... :?:

Will most certainly be bringing cd's down. They have been crying for dad. :wink:
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

great_magnet wrote:RSVP confirmed, not 100% if we're gonna make it as we have an important birthday party to attend prior (apparently a decent chick breaks dj is playing at it... :wink: )

I've RSVP'd too, going for the mega monster double doozie. I reckon we can all do the double.

Partying hard is the only way to survive winter :)
Free to those that can afford it, very expensive to those that can't.
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

Guyno wrote:
great_magnet wrote:Hey Guy - FYI

Hmmmmm, puzzled???? It specifically says that your non ITM guests will need to return email via their email provided to activate it. Who knows. I'm confused....... :?:

Will most certainly be bringing cd's down. They have been crying for dad. :wink:
Ahh, comprende, I replied through ITM... :wink:

Daddy's so excited!!! His babies are comin home... Hope you enjoyed His Iceyness mate... 8)
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

lilstormer wrote:
great_magnet wrote:RSVP confirmed, not 100% if we're gonna make it as we have an important birthday party to attend prior (apparently a decent chick breaks dj is playing at it... :wink: )

I've RSVP'd too, going for the mega monster double doozie. I reckon we can all do the double.

Partying hard is the only way to survive winter :)
That and a good strong cuppa :wink:
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Guyno wrote:Hmmmmm, puzzled???? It specifically says that your non ITM guests will need to return email via their email provided to activate it. Who knows. I'm confused....... :?:

It's only non-ITM'ers that have to activate the email thingy :wink:

I think I'm gonna be at this b/day party too GM :smt023

btw - Guyno, farken LOVE the artwork for 6 Links mate! You're a GUN 8)
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

breaksRbest wrote: I think I'm gonna be at this b/day party too GM :smt023
:smt023

Nice one GC!
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
gnat

Post by gnat »

BRING. ON. THE. BEATS!!!!

:smt026
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

deviant

Post by deviant »

breaksRbest wrote:I think I'm gonna be at this b/day party too GM :smt023
I don't know, but I might be playing at the same b'day party Saturday night (with Shifty apparently)..... sounds similar.

Anyway, did I mention it's my B'day on Sunday? Well it is. Drew/Guy: How are things going with the promo and flyer changes. I noticed you didn't change them to DEVIANT'S B'DAY yet... I mean if Fractured can headline a night as SEAN "MOONWALKERS 22ND B'DAY" then you guys can do the same... I guess there is still time. Image

marcus

Post by marcus »

deviant wrote:
breaksRbest wrote:I think I'm gonna be at this b/day party too GM :smt023
I don't know, but I might be playing at the same b'day party Saturday night (with Shifty apparently)..... sounds similar.

Anyway, did I mention it's my B'day on Sunday? Well it is. Drew/Guy: How are things going with the promo and flyer changes. I noticed you didn't change them to DEVIANT'S B'DAY yet... I mean if Fractured can headline a night as SEAN "MOONWALKERS 22ND B'DAY" then you guys can do the same... I guess there is still time. Image

Are you bringing a cake mate?? You could lace it with some party goodies to make it more enticing :)
gnat

Post by gnat »

BRING ON THE WEEKEND!!!

Let's get it started
Let's get retarded

Drew, Guyno where are you????????
Setting up the Billie Jean dancefloor?
:lol:
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

Hi Gnat

How are ya baybeeeeee?
Was down at the dry cleaners getn my Egyptian cotton single white glove prissied up for Satdee.

p.s. Not sure I dig that floor but we are way too lazy to move it. :wink:
Hope you got your dancin' slippers on girl.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

deviant wrote:
Surely is mate, check your pm's.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Hoping to make it down with MC Marvie Marv on Saturday fella's... just gotta see what the parents plans are first - coz they're in town. Should be in attendance though....

:smt030 :smt039
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

Direktor wrote:Hoping to make it down with MC Marvie Marv on Saturday fella's... just gotta see what the parents plans are first - coz they're in town. Should be in attendance though....

Bring 'em with you :smt081 they might like it
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Hey guys,
Have too much on to type much today, but will see you all on Sat night.

Sam - Forgot about your record last night when we had the meeting.
Come get it on Sat from Brown Alley when we are setting up.
Should be in there by 9pm, or just a bit after. Send me a sms to make sure I put it in my record bag about 7pm 2moz.

Dan - Hey mate, thanx for the tunes. I owe you $20 too. You gave me $100. Will sort you out Sat night.

Gnat - Lookin fwd to seeing all you mad bitches rockin out, once again. :D
Always good to see you cats on the floor. Lets have fun like old times on Saturday.

GM - heard a rumour you aint coming. Fuck that. Be there - on pain of death. :D

You dudes are in for some serious tuneage Sat night.
I'm off back to practice.
Will see you all soon!! :D
gnat

Post by gnat »

Guyno wrote:Hi Gnat

How are ya baybeeeeee?
Was down at the dry cleaners getn my Egyptian cotton single white glove prissied up for Satdee.

p.s. Not sure I dig that floor but we are way too lazy to move it. :wink:
Hope you got your dancin' slippers on girl.
Dancing slippers are going on in about an hour- my working week is OVER and have just pocketed myself a nice little day off Monday as well- don't mind if I do..

I wanna see MJ moves (er,dance ones only thanks) from you Guyno. See you tomorrow night! 8)
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Little Evil wrote:Hey guys,
Have too much on to type much today, but will see you all on Sat night.

Sam - Forgot about your record last night when we had the meeting.
Come get it on Sat from Brown Alley when we are setting up.
Should be in there by 9pm, or just a bit after. Send me a sms to make sure I put it in my record bag about 7pm 2moz.
GM - heard a rumour you aint coming. Fuck that. Be there - on pain of death. :D

You dudes are in for some serious tuneage Sat night.
I'm off back to practice.
Will see you all soon!! :D
You suck - i'll have to run down from Tilt and hopefully I dont fall over and hurt myself. Reminder now in fone to remind you. Ta.

And re GM - he's coming, its ok!! haha. My sisters 21st before hand and then were all coming down, no need to fret. Or enforce death on anyone's arse. :wink:
Brain

Post by Brain »

[Mod Edit: Removed]
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

Brain wrote:Really looking forward to some ABBA and Kenny Rogers from Guyno and Little Evil (you know you love it)
:oops: :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

oh gosh....

gnat - I got my moonwalk down pat and the good lord knows I'm a veteran crotch grabber. :wink: disclaimer:(not kids though)
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

good luck with the preps boys, see you on saturday.

Don't disappoint Brain now he has his heart set on hearing his fave Kenny Rodgers track... I believe Drew has a breaks bootleg kenny he's just finished:)
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

lilstormer wrote:
Direktor wrote:Hoping to make it down with MC Marvie Marv on Saturday fella's... just gotta see what the parents plans are first - coz they're in town. Should be in attendance though....

Bring 'em with you :smt081 they might like it
Brought 'em with me to MELB BREAKS UNITE -- they didn't mind it, but thought it was a bit loud etc... good on em for having a go though!!! :D
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

lilstormer wrote:good luck with the preps boys, see you on saturday.

Don't disappoint Brain now he has his heart set on hearing his fave Kenny Rodgers track... I believe Drew has a breaks bootleg kenny he's just finished:)
(Sung to the tune of 'the gambler')

You gotta know when to drop it,
Know when to stop it,
Know which side to play,
And which ones a dud,

You gotta count your phrases,
When your behind the turntables,
There'll be time to count your booty - when your set is done.

:D :D
yenks

Post by yenks »

hey just rsvped, was a little confused that it still said the venue will be the colonial hotel. Just double confirming that its at brown alley right ??

i wonder how many ppl will rock up to the hotel cos of this mixup and be very dissapointed,

cheers.
mrj

Post by mrj »

Little Evil wrote:
lilstormer wrote:good luck with the preps boys, see you on saturday.

(Sung to the tune of 'the gambler')

You gotta know when to drop it,
Know when to stop it,
Know which side to play,
And which ones a dud,

You gotta count your phrases,
When your behind the turntables,
There'll be time to count your booty - when your set is done.

:D :D
GOLD :lol:
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

yenks wrote:hey just rsvped, was a little confused that it still said the venue will be the colonial hotel. Just double confirming that its at brown alley right ??

definately at Brown Alley
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

yenks wrote:hey just rsvped, was a little confused that it still said the venue will be the colonial hotel. Just double confirming that its at brown alley right ??

i wonder how many ppl will rock up to the hotel cos of this mixup and be very dissapointed,

cheers.
Same place dude. Colonial is just the formal name of the place. Brown Alley is what everyone calls it, because Brown Alley is the laneway at the back.
There's 2 parties going on at Colonial that night. All you have to do is ask which one is which. There should be no disapointments whatsoever. :D
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

PS - You get into Gimme via the alley at the back, go right to the top of the stairs, see the sexy red-headed biatch on the door, hear the mercilessly funky beats, and you can't miss it. Come on in!! :D
yenks

Post by yenks »

Little Evil wrote:

cheers.
Same place dude. Colonial is just the formal name of the place. Brown Alley is what everyone calls it, because Brown Alley is the laneway at the back.
There's 2 parties going on at Colonial that night. All you have to do is ask which one is which. There should be no disapointments whatsoever. :D
OH now i understand, thanks for da explanation

it seems like brown alley is the place to be these days
And i can see why, friendly bouncers, nice size, and multiple levels to have multiple parties !
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

No worries mate. All good. :D
Look forward to seeing you on the night! :smt023
animal cracker

Post by animal cracker »

One day to go
Haven't been trashed once this week yet so far, just got to get through tonight to get really trashed tomorrow night!!!!
Hope the place is jumping and come Sunday my head aint thumpin'
Bring it on!!!
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Yeah, you behave yourself now Baz!! :D

Save it all for Sat night. Lets get fuckin slaughtered!! :smt003

Can't wait!!!
marcus

Post by marcus »

Let the shenanigans begin! :D
deviant

Post by deviant »

Little Evil wrote:Check this out. The 50 worst haircuts of all time...........hehe........

http://www.bulletinboardforum.com/m/worst_haircuts.php

The 'clown skullet' being my fave. :D
Man, some of those descriptions are funny. :smt005
HA HA...

The Wham!
"Wake me up before you ejaculate on me"
kemicalsista

Post by kemicalsista »

ey geezers, fanks fa da wicked night, Guyno, fanks fa listenin to my plop dribblin and Drew, word on da street your set was wicked! can't wait till da next one, peace. Was wicked to finally meet yous lilmisbreaks, checkin forward to bein involved wiv fractured....bo
your momma couldn't fit in a can bro'
deviant

Post by deviant »

that party was acceptable ;)

still washing off the grime Image

oh yeah, LilStormer: If your sondering who sent you that SMS today, it was me in regards to your non attendance.... Obscure I know but I was very wasted.......
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

Glad I finally got my arse down to a Gimme. Despite a few randoms, I had lots of fun dancing and talking crap. Drew, your set was wicked and the Lucid visuals were awesome. Nice to meet you Gnat.
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

deviant wrote:that party was acceptable ;)

still washing off the grime Image

oh yeah, LilStormer: If your sondering who sent you that SMS today, it was me in regards to your non attendance.... Obscure I know but I was very wasted.......
aaaaah Dan, twas you. You're right I am weak. Sorry to have missed gimme, but I was left on saturday trying to piece together bits of my brain (and brain was trying to piece his bit together too) after a huge night and a mammoth after party... must have been something I ate.

Glad it was a good night fellas.
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

Heya peeps

Thanks too much to all that made it down to probably the biggest Gimme to date. :smt035 Promise to supply the KY jelly and shoe horns to the next one. Absolute madness, chaos and debauchery.

Big ups to Shifty, Blueprint, Evil (killer set), Ferris and my right hand man the Sponkenator for bringing the goodness.

This party keeps exceeding expectations, so big ups to everyone who embraces the craziness and makes this night way too much fun. :smt023

A little stuck for words at the moment so might wait for brain to start functioning before posting senseless comments.

peace, love and mungbeans.
PeACheSsS

Post by PeACheSsS »

YES!!!!!!!!! and ended up bein a nice big one once again.
Big up all the selectors, visual kru n blueprint!!!
BOOYATCHAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

http://theheadbangers.com/index.php?page=downloads