PUNKY REGGAE PARTY // SAT 25 AUG// NIGHT OWL // On Heartical

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
NinjaGaijin

Re: PUNKY REGGAE PARTY // SAT 25 AUG// NIGHT OWL // On Heart

Post by NinjaGaijin »

seriously if you stated what 'punk' was played would be easier to decide to come..

'punk' isn't very punk any more, 30-40 years on.. breakcore, noise, grind and other styles more appropriately capture the spirit of punk, as well as the roots crossover.

So, will this be mashing up stuff like clash and bob marley, or playing modern crust and dissonant hardcore styles?

Punk is more pop now generally.

I'm waiting for grind scum n buzz soundclash part 3 myself.

But as asked above with no reply, I repeat, will there be stuff like Aaron Spectre, which is specifically punk jungle/dnb?

I don't like that stuff myself, the direct hybrid sounds kinda of lame mash up to me. Modern punk doesn't have the power it used to, metal is better source material now imo.

Two stages would work heaps better than mashup entire night imo, Bad Brains would be one of the few acts I think fit the crossover well.

However if you're playing rare local punk stuff, please drop some Lawnsmell for me :) any further info that what is provided would really help me in deciding whether or not to come.
Dub Club Melbourne

Re: PUNKY REGGAE PARTY // SAT 25 AUG// NIGHT OWL // On Heart

Post by Dub Club Melbourne »

NinjaGaijin wrote:seriously if you stated what 'punk' was played would be easier to decide to come..

'punk' isn't very punk any more, 30-40 years on.. breakcore, noise, grind and other styles more appropriately capture the spirit of punk, as well as the roots crossover.

So, will this be mashing up stuff like clash and bob marley, or playing modern crust and dissonant hardcore styles?

Punk is more pop now generally.

I'm waiting for grind scum n buzz soundclash part 3 myself.

But as asked above with no reply, I repeat, will there be stuff like Aaron Spectre, which is specifically punk jungle/dnb?

I don't like that stuff myself, the direct hybrid sounds kinda of lame mash up to me. Modern punk doesn't have the power it used to, metal is better source material now imo.

Two stages would work heaps better than mashup entire night imo, Bad Brains would be one of the few acts I think fit the crossover well.

However if you're playing rare local punk stuff, please drop some Lawnsmell for me :) any further info that what is provided would really help me in deciding whether or not to come.
Hmm, well you obviously didn't bother to read the description blurb.

I know what punk is, I was listening to punk when you where merely a twinkle in yer fathers eyes. :)

Perhaps if you weren't too much of a chin scratcher you may have come down and enjoyed yourself.