Lost TV Series

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
yenks

Lost TV Series

Post by yenks »

Ok so who watches it ?
I have been watching this since it first started Airing in the U.S. and now that the first season is over, I want other people to shed some light with me.

Personally, I find the show to be one of those shows that I despise in quite a few ways but also i am hooked on it and have to have the latest episode every week as they become available in the US.
One of the things that pisses me off about the show is how they never reveal anything, and keep us on the edge waiting, but we never find out what the mystery is. We see there is a monster on the island from the first episode, but still at the end of the first season, we do not have any clue as to what it is and yet it has attacked many times. There are countless things like this that drive me nuts, especially the hatch ( what the fuck is in that thing, and where does it lead??)

I desperatly want to know the answers to these questions but at the same time, do not want to watch the 2nd series because im sure it will be exactly the same and we wont find out anything for ages.
Personally i dont know if i could watch it on channel 7 with all the ads and stuff, but I dont have to as its pretty easily available from many bittorrent sites.

Shed your feelings on the series.
TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

I just get the feeling that when they finally reveal everything, it's not gonna be amazing enough to have waited 1 or so seasons for. I haven't been watching it for that reason and the fact that it doesn't seem to go anywhere ever.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

I watched one episode and I didnt like it.. its reminds me too much of Lord of the Flies...
spazz

Post by spazz »

OK I am going one step further.....

The show is absolute trash. Its crappy american shit.

I love SF shit but this bites ass. It reminds me of an old education film - Run Duck & Hide...or whatever its called :?
TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

:lol: @ Seppo
spazz

Post by spazz »

Yeah I amended that as soon as I viewed it. :lol:

I mean seriously..........spielberg avin a wank.
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

I admit to watching it, im begining to get sick of it.....it took me 10 more episodes of it than most though :?

The fact the NOTHING gets answered, just more friggin questions, also....why hasnt the fat guy lost any weight?!?

I get the feeling that they will stretch this out as long as possible, who knows there may be 5 series. I reckon the only series worth watching on telly is Oz on SBS.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

watched about 20mins in total.

ghey.

:D
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

Agreed. 80% Cop shown & reality tv these days.

OZ looks pretty cool from what I've seen.
spazz wrote:Yeah I amended that as soon as I viewed it. :lol:

I mean seriously..........spielberg avin a wank.
Aye.

Wank II: Trapped :roll:

Spielberg should stick to film and stop churning out so much production-line shite.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

TimmyG wrote:I just get the feeling that when they finally reveal everything, it's not gonna be amazing enough to have waited 1 or so seasons for. I haven't been watching it for that reason and the fact that it doesn't seem to go anywhere ever.
I agree, I hate huge fucken anticlimax's.

Apparently we are TWO years behind US of A! So it's gonna be one of those seriers that is going to on and on and on....and on.....and on.....I only watch it because it's before The Amazing Race.
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

it pissed me off that they were too stupid to realise that if they buried all the dead they could live in the fuselage instead of under shitty canvas and leaves.
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
yenks

Post by yenks »

D wrote: I agree, I hate huge fucken anticlimax's.

Apparently we are TWO years behind US of A! So it's gonna be one of those seriers that is going to on and on and on....and on.....and on.....I only watch it because it's before The Amazing Race.
we arent two years behind, the US has recently finished the first series, like 23 episodes, i think aus is about episode 15 or something i dunno.

But yeah I pretty much agree with every1 else here that the big secrets they finally reveal will not be worth waiting all that fuckin time for.

Big ups the Amazing race tho, im hooked on this, i have every single series from 1-7 on my pc, downloaded from bittorrent.
Absouletly love it to death, just watched series 5 again with the Midget team member, so funny !
Zerotonine

Post by Zerotonine »

I watched a few of the first episodes, liked it, but then missed a whole chunk and haven't been able to get back into it. A mate of mine has all of them on his PC, so I might just watch it all in one hit. But seeing how it doesn't really go anywhere, I'm kinda not seeing the point at all.
Allons-y!
funkypaws

Post by funkypaws »

Yeah I watched a few episodes of it too (because of the amazing race being on afterward) and I agree with most here - it's OK at best, definitely not "must watch" tv. The character trajectories are actually fairly cliched and predictable, and the final "surprises" won't be worth it. I read an interesting thing a while ago - that guy who's in Lost & was in Lord of the Rings is apparantly so popular as a character that the producers have promised nevr to kill him off. So much for suspense. I prefer Desperate Housewives by far. It's smartly written and funny. And the Amazing Race is prob my favourite show at the moment. Big ups the gorgeous Uchenna and Joyce!
Penno

Post by Penno »

I like the concept of the show, the way you learn about each persons background in each new episode, and it's often not what you thought. Apart from that it gets pretty samey.. I lasted 10 eps.

Good cant-be-assed-thinking entertainment. Also had a pretty wicked first episode with the main dude waking up in peaceful surroundings and walking out on to a beach full of maimed plane crash victims, that was a cool opening sequence
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Fents

Post by Fents »

New series of 24 is coming soon...nuff said. 8)
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

i watched this show from when it started screening in the states. This is the first tv show in years that i have made any attempt to watch. I fucking love it. There were a few episodes around the middle of the season where i was close to giving up on it just because i found it really tedious. I'm kinda shitty that it's dragged on into another series. It's quite odd. I want more of the show, but i also just want it to end as well and we find out everything.

but yeah
best show in ages. even though there is some cheesy american shit it in.
There's no justice, just us.
Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

I reckon the best 'Lost series' is that old cartoon called 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' they are rehashing heaps of old cartoons lately, like G-Force, & Ninja turtles, But Cities was the absolute bomb! I never learnt so much about Spanish/Aztec history & it was damn good cartoon. Or so I remember..
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
drew

Post by drew »

its just a shit show....like i have seen random bits, and the bits that i have seen and just so fuckin stupid and lame i havent bothered watching it..but it is good for a laugh
yenks

Post by yenks »

drew wrote:its just a shit show....like i have seen random bits, and the bits that i have seen and just so fuckin stupid and lame i havent bothered watching it..but it is good for a laugh
Yeah you cant watch the show in bits, it just wouldnt make ne sense.
Thats one thing about the show, you either get really into the show and watch every episode and then either get pissed off with the show but keep watching or love it to death.

Or you can watch the show in bits, not fully understand whats going on and see it as total crap. i almost see these people as the lucky ones, they havent been conned into the show like i have.

One major thing about the show ive noticed, is that the show is all HYPE and BUILDUP, and not much else, there are bits of good story, but they have to hype it up and make it into such a big deal in order to make these mysteries seem more enthralling, but really they are not going to be waiting for !!!
Last edited by yenks on Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

yenks wrote:
drew wrote:its just a shit show....like i have seen random bits, and the bits that i have seen and just so fuckin stupid and lame i havent bothered watching it..but it is good for a laugh
Yeah you cant watch the show in bits, it just wouldnt make ne sense.
Thats one thing about the show, you either get really into the show and watch every episode and then either get pissed off with the show but keep watching or love it to death.

Or you can watch the show in bits, not fully understand whats going on and see it as total crap. i almost see these people as the lucky ones, they havent been conned into the show like i have.

One major thing about the show ive noticed, is that the show is all HYPE and BUILDUP, and not much else, there are bits of good story, but they have to hype it up and make it into such a big deal in order to make these mysteries seem more entralling, but really they are not going to be waiting for !!!
spot on. exactly how i feel.
There's no justice, just us.
drew

Post by drew »

well then im glad that i didnt start watching it :D
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

is desperate housewives connected to sex and the city in any way

seems to me like same writers, very similar production, music etc
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

yenks wrote:
D wrote: I agree, I hate huge fucken anticlimax's.

we arent two years behind, the US has recently finished the first series, like 23 episodes, i think aus is about episode 15 or something i dunno.
I said apparently it wasn't a fact. :wink: