RIP Michael Jackson

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
quiet roar

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

Post by quiet roar »

deviant wrote:price has already dropped to ~$100

not worth it now, missed the boat
True. Ebay had 13 pages of michael jackson vinyl, just in australia!
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
elysium

Post by elysium »

what was that Thomas Schumacher track on Electric Ballroom that sampled billie jean? My CD is back home in storage in melbs :( Is it "Lust"?
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
mecka

Post by mecka »

The one and only editorial by Germaine Greer that I have read and agreed with 100%. Beautifully written.
Another beautiful boy is gone, wiped out in an instant. Michael Jackson, unable to cross the threshhold into manhood, has died at 50, still a boy, coquettish, fantasy-ridden, horribly vulnerable, unable to take control of his life.

His sudden death is a strange kind of victory. He had managed to prevent his ageing and even his growing up. There was no beard upon his chin; his voice was a childish treble. Instead of entering middle age and letting himself be chained to earth, he has floated away like a wisp, annihilated on the brink of a 50-date concert tour that I for one was dreading.

It's all very well for Madonna to be cranking out tour after tour. As she could neither dance nor sing at 25 no one is going to mind that she still can't do it at 50. But to see Michael Jackson faking it would have been heartbreaking. Among the hearts that would have broken is Jackson's own. It has snapped before the debacle. He has been spared.

According to Madonna "the world has lost one of the greats". We haven't lost Michael Jackson, because he cannot disappear. His three great albums will last as long as electronic media continues to exist, while the dross is forgotten.

The era of his astonishing creativity ended 20 years ago; most of what has happened since has been embarrassment. Jackson's kind of transcendental creativity is typical of very young men; it seldom survives into manhood, when the glory fades into the light of common day. Jackson succeeded in prolonging his brilliant boyhood into his thirties, but eventually he ran out of inspiration.

His art had been fuelled by the vernacular culture of the streets but it was many years since he had been able to run with the kids on the block. As his imagination faltered and grew dim, the fending off of maturity became desperate, demented and pointless. The struggle against ageing turned into self-harming and self-mutilation.

Ever since Dionysos danced ahead of his horde of bloody-footed maenads across the rocky highlands of prehistoric Greece, dance and song have been the province of boys. Like Orpheus, Jackson was destroyed by his fans, whose adulation and adoration prevented his living in any kind of normal society. The creativity ebbed away day by day. He became a parody of himself. It is time now to forget all that and salute the miraculous boy who will triumph over death as Dionysos did, becoming immortal through his art.

Nowhere will his contribution be more obvious and his influence more strongly felt than in the world of dance. No choreographer of the last 30 years has been unaware of Jackson's achievement. He rewrote the vocabulary of dance for everyone, from kids competing in talent shows to the royal ballets of Europe.

If the dance establishment did not often acknowledge his influence it was because there was no need. His shapes, his moves were everywhere.

Nijinsky and Nureyev also died young. They, too, were transcendent dancing boys, but they chose to interpret the choreography supplied to them by others.

By contrast Michael Jackson's art was astonishingly innovative. No one could dance like him, until he showed them how, and then they were never as good as he was. His concept of the dance was utterly 20th century, extravagantly multi-dimensional, and not in the least middle class.

Nijinsky may have been the greatest Spectre de la Rose, Nureyev the greatest Corsair, but these two candles pale in the light of Jackson's blazing star. The surprise is not that we have lost him, but that we ever had him at all.
deviant

Post by deviant »

:scr1pt:
By contrast Michael Jackson's art was astonishingly innovative. No one could dance like him, until he showed them how, and then they were never as good as he was. His concept of the dance was utterly 20th century, extravagantly multi-dimensional, and not in the least middle class.
best
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

She's basically bagging him out using academic masturbation.

I think the best analaogy is that finally Peter Pan has gone to Never Neverland foreve.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

mecka wrote:The one and only editorial by Germaine Greer that I have read and agreed with 100%. Beautifully written.
Another beautiful boy is gone, wiped out in an instant. Michael Jackson, unable to cross the threshhold into manhood, has died at 50, still a boy, coquettish, fantasy-ridden, horribly vulnerable, unable to take control of his life.

His sudden death is a strange kind of victory. He had managed to prevent his ageing and even his growing up. There was no beard upon his chin; his voice was a childish treble. Instead of entering middle age and letting himself be chained to earth, he has floated away like a wisp, annihilated on the brink of a 50-date concert tour that I for one was dreading.

It's all very well for Madonna to be cranking out tour after tour. As she could neither dance nor sing at 25 no one is going to mind that she still can't do it at 50. But to see Michael Jackson faking it would have been heartbreaking. Among the hearts that would have broken is Jackson's own. It has snapped before the debacle. He has been spared.

According to Madonna "the world has lost one of the greats". We haven't lost Michael Jackson, because he cannot disappear. His three great albums will last as long as electronic media continues to exist, while the dross is forgotten.

The era of his astonishing creativity ended 20 years ago; most of what has happened since has been embarrassment. Jackson's kind of transcendental creativity is typical of very young men; it seldom survives into manhood, when the glory fades into the light of common day. Jackson succeeded in prolonging his brilliant boyhood into his thirties, but eventually he ran out of inspiration.

His art had been fuelled by the vernacular culture of the streets but it was many years since he had been able to run with the kids on the block. As his imagination faltered and grew dim, the fending off of maturity became desperate, demented and pointless. The struggle against ageing turned into self-harming and self-mutilation.

Ever since Dionysos danced ahead of his horde of bloody-footed maenads across the rocky highlands of prehistoric Greece, dance and song have been the province of boys. Like Orpheus, Jackson was destroyed by his fans, whose adulation and adoration prevented his living in any kind of normal society. The creativity ebbed away day by day. He became a parody of himself. It is time now to forget all that and salute the miraculous boy who will triumph over death as Dionysos did, becoming immortal through his art.

Nowhere will his contribution be more obvious and his influence more strongly felt than in the world of dance. No choreographer of the last 30 years has been unaware of Jackson's achievement. He rewrote the vocabulary of dance for everyone, from kids competing in talent shows to the royal ballets of Europe.

If the dance establishment did not often acknowledge his influence it was because there was no need. His shapes, his moves were everywhere.

Nijinsky and Nureyev also died young. They, too, were transcendent dancing boys, but they chose to interpret the choreography supplied to them by others.

Nijinsky may have been the greatest Spectre de la Rose, Nureyev the greatest Corsair, but these two candles pale in the light of Jackson's blazing star. The surprise is not that we have lost him, but that we ever had him at all.
Nice. 8)
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Gliding High
Location: Little Evil's evil cave, 666 Nasty St, Horribleville

Post by Gliding High »

Wow. Germaine Greer likes to continually bash men in her writing (just for being men), but an asexual paedophile with a youth complex that dances well gets heaped with praise - even getting compared to heroic figures of Greek mythology. Go figure?
Phil Spector produced great music in a completely innovative fashion, but he shot people. Is he cool too?

Greer as described by John Birmingham after Steve Irwin's death...

'Greer’s greatest contribution to the world was her attempt—through The Female Eunuch—to make a whole generation of women feel ashamed for getting married and having children. Thankfully, most women learned to ignore the shrill bore and made up their own minds about whether to have a family, career, neither or both. I suspect what irks Greer is Irwin was an Aussie who conquered the world but never forgot where he came from. Australians loved him. Who will mourn Germaine Greer when she keels over and dies in her mud-brick cottage in West Buggeryshire?'

Also, I never knew she hung out at the ranch with Jacko? I wouldn't have thought she was his type?
Describing the dark aspects of his life as 'running out of inspiration' and 'a struggle against ageing that turned into self mutilation' seems a very tame way of looking at actual events. Where's the bit about being a sex offender?

Jackson's music was great back in the day, but he touched kids. Let’s not forget that.
And whether or not he got charged for it, sleeping in a bed with a kid that isn't your own is just plain wrong. Would you tolerate someone doing that with your own children?
Seems to me the whole ped thing is being swept under the rug, while record sales skyrocket. Suddenly this whole thing reeks of corporate greed, with a healthy bit of brainwashing and 'looking the other way' thrown in for good measure.

I appreciate his talent as much as anyone, but he molested children - let’s face it.
Tell me when you hear his post-Thriller music (when he changed his face and became white) that something inside you isn't sort of creeped out a bit? My skin crawls.

In closing, I really don't understand Greer's take on things. Seems to me that if you compare her previous writing to this article, that she could seriously be a contender for hypocrite of the century.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Fucking yawn GH.
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

Yawn about MJ being a ped, or yawn about Greer being a hypocrite?
Either way, 'yawn' doesn't cut it as a response. That's sort of like me calling someone an arsehole, and then them saying, 'you are' while internally searching for the correct and most fitting response.

So, let me get this straight, you'd leave MJ alone with your children?

C'mon man. Surely you can do better than that in a friendly debate.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Gliding High wrote:
Well, no. He's dead. It would be highly irresponsible.
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

I'd rather he be dead with them than playing mothers and fathers.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Gliding High wrote:Yawn about MJ being a ped, or yawn about Greer being a hypocrite?
Either way, 'yawn' doesn't cut it as a response. That's sort of like me calling someone an arsehole, and then them saying, 'you are' while internally searching for the correct and most fitting response.

C'mon man. Surely you can do better than that in a friendly debate.
Yawn to the "ped" call.

You weren't at Neverland, in the room with Michael - so you don't know what happened mate.

Fucking over the innuendo and dragging of his name through the mud without solid evidence.

How you can categorically state that he did "touch kids" and he "molested children" is B.S. IMO.

And in answer to your question... no, if I had children, I wouldn't be happy with them sharing a bed with any adult, other than immediate family - who would?
Doesn't mean Michael was without doubt a "pedo" though... he wasn't exactly mentally developed, he didn't think like you and me - because he hadn't fully developed past childhood himself.
deviant

Post by deviant »

He also denied having plastic surgery....

:tard:
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

There's two arguments here..

Firstly it is argued that MJ is a ped, inappropriately interacting with children.

The second argument here is that MJ is still a child mentally, and that he could not be held accountable for his own actions, even when he had been shown, and proven, to act inappropriately with children. Apparently it is not his fault (even though he admitted to sleeping with children).

I don't go with that, the second option and its excuse.
This potentially means that any murderer or ped that has committed some sort of heinous crime can call up the past and blame their misdeeds on others, or a mental condition - and if they have the best council that money can buy, that they can walk away.
It seems that this type of 'let off' was not afforded to many other molesters that have been put behind bars because of lack of funds, or dancing ability.
I personally think it is disgraceful that he could get away with that. Admittedly, I don't think he was an evil type serial paedophile, but he was definately inappropriate, repeatedly.
In this day and age anyone knows there are boundaries when it comes to children, especially an entertainer who was arguably the most famous man on Earth, and who continually had the media watching every single move he ever made. The fact he did what he did says to me that he could not control his urges, even though he must've had some 'childish' idea of the consequences (if you believe the whole 'never grew up' thing could even be considered).

I guess he did his penance though. His later life after the accusations was a miserable shambles. If he'd been accused of anything other than being a child molester I could maybe even feel sorry for him.

Let's also remember that he adamantly denied having plastic surgery.
Think about it.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

i think if you listen to the interview about that what he claims is that he never 'set out' to change his image.

First surgey to his face is recorded at age 16 after a fall on stage where he broke his nose. The photo before and after that surgery shows that the re-setting of his nose made it somewhat flatter. He then had breathing problems because of it and so the endless surgey on his nose began.
Im not saying he didnt alter his face, cause, well, just fuking look at him, but he is on record as saying that he never 'set out' to change his appearance.

As for the skin graphs and colour change, well everyone knows about the Pepsi incident, once again, freak accident that meant some of his face was graphed and appeared different to the rest of his face, and from there, blaa blaa blaa, endless surgery.

Man was a freak, no denying it.

He lived 100% out side of the social norms and his perception of reality was twisted far from ours. He was about 'love' and 'peace' and from one perspective that is a fuking wonderful way to be. Much better in my opinion than being about bullying and wanting to be stronger and more dominant than everyone else and constantly pushing each other round.

Im not defending the fact the some of his actions where unacceptable, weather he fiddled or not. But for all the good he brought, well sometime you need people on the extreme end of a scale in order to bring things more towards the middle.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Gliding High wrote:I personally think it is disgraceful that he could get away with that. Admittedly, I don't think he was an evil type serial paedophile, but he was definately inappropriate, repeatedly
I dont know about this - first time round he paid off a kid and that was suspect for sure, dont know the whole story.

But the second time he was accused he took it to court and the kid and his mum where shown to be 100% manipultive and scammers from the old school.

There are no other cased against him of paedophilia.

I agree that his perception of the rigt and wrong interaction between man and child was screwed up, but i dont think he saw 'sex' in same way as you.

all that said, im just argueing a point and there is no way i would have left my kid with him.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

DBoy wrote: He lived 100% out side of the social norms and his perception of reality was twisted far from ours. He was about 'love' and 'peace' and from one perspective that is a fuking wonderful way to be. Much better in my opinion than being about bullying and wanting to be stronger and more dominant than everyone else and constantly pushing each other round.

He was definitely a fruitloop, but a harmless one imo. His view of reality may have been extremely warped from the 'norm', but fuck it, he had the money and opportunity to make his ideal existence a reality so it doesn't really matter that he was nuttier than squirrel shit.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Gliding High wrote:The second argument here is that MJ is still a child mentally, and that he could not be held accountable for his own actions, even when he had been shown, and proven, to act inappropriately with children. Apparently it is not his fault (even though he admitted to sleeping with children).
That's not my point at all.

I'm not talking about accountability. I'm talking about understanding his motives.

For all we know his motives, and subsequent actions were innocent.

Despite the reported Peter Pan syndrome he suffered from, Michael had also gone on record saying that he generally didn't like adults... that adults were corrupted by the world, whereas children were innocent and pure. And going by the judgement passed down on him from the court of public opinion over the years, I reckon he'd be pretty right on the money.

As I've said before, and will say again - I'm not taking one side over the other in regards to the allegations. BUT... I'm not going to go slagging MJ off and dragging his name through the mud over shit I personally know nothing about.

MJ is not the first and won't be the last famous person ever sued by possible gold-digging opportunists.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Hardy wrote:
DBoy wrote: He lived 100% out side of the social norms and his perception of reality was twisted far from ours. He was about 'love' and 'peace' and from one perspective that is a fuking wonderful way to be. Much better in my opinion than being about bullying and wanting to be stronger and more dominant than everyone else and constantly pushing each other round.

He was definitely a fruitloop, but a harmless one imo. His view of reality may have been extremely warped from the 'norm', but fuck it, he had the money and opportunity to make his ideal existence a reality so it doesn't really matter that he was nuttier than squirrel shit.
Word.
youthful_implants

Direkt wrote:
Gliding High wrote:The second argument here is that MJ is still a child mentally, and that he could not be held accountable for his own actions, even when he had been shown, and proven, to act inappropriately with children. Apparently it is not his fault (even though he admitted to sleeping with children).

I'm not talking about accountability. I'm talking about understanding his motives.

Despite the reported Peter Pan syndrome he suffered from, Michael had also gone on record saying that he generally didn't like adults... that adults were corrupted by the world, whereas children were innocent and pure. And going by the judgement passed down on him from the court of public opinion over the years, I reckon he'd be pretty right on the money.

As I've said before, and will say again - I'm not taking one side over the other in regards to the allegations. BUT... I'm not going to go slagging MJ off and dragging his name through the mud over shit I personally know nothing about.

MJ is not the first and won't be the last famous person ever sued by possible gold-digging opportunists.
I totally agree with you, from all of the interview footage I've seen of him I dont think he was capable of hurting anyone.
Strontium Music

Direkt

Post by Direkt »

DBoy wrote:
Gliding High wrote:I personally think it is disgraceful that he could get away with that. Admittedly, I don't think he was an evil type serial paedophile, but he was definately inappropriate, repeatedly
I dont know about this - first time round he paid off a kid and that was suspect for sure, dont know the whole story.

But the second time he was accused he took it to court and the kid and his mum where shown to be 100% manipultive and scammers from the old school.

There are no other cased against him of paedophilia.

I agree that his perception of the rigt and wrong interaction between man and child was screwed up, but i dont think he saw 'sex' in same way as you.

all that said, im just argueing a point and there is no way i would have left my kid with him.
Maybe the first one was suspect. Or maybe the kid was paid off to try to keep the story out of the media?
And maybe upon seeing on how the public reacted negatively to the "suspect pay off", MJ and his lawyers were encouraged to take the second case to court once and for all.

Hopefully one day we'll all find out for sure.
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

Direkt wrote:MJ is not the first and won't be the last famous person ever sued by possible gold-digging opportunists.
Absolutely.
It's a many faceted argument, which I guess we'll never know the exact true answer for.

I personally, as stated above, think he was a flaming, red hot paedophile.

But, I see your argument, and like you say, we all really will never know that much about it. It's easy to speculate, but at the end of the day it's all just opinion, nothing more.

I'm guessing the movie will be out within the next two years.
A 'walk the line' type epic. Hopefully they get it right.
I will be fast forwarding the child molestation scenes though :tard:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Gliding High wrote:I personally, as stated above, think he was a flaming, red hot paedophile.
Each to their own.

I truly want to believe he wasn't... but yeah... who really knows?
almax

Post by almax »

youthful_implants wrote:
Direkt wrote:

I totally agree with you, from all of the interview footage I've seen of him I dont think he was capable of hurting anyone.
Regardless of his intentions, if you touch a child inapriopriately, then its just that, inapropriate.
If he did fiddle, his intention could well have been non malicious and purely loving...from his perspective. He could have thought that he wasn't hurting the child, and lets face it, there is a lot worse in the world that coping a hand job :lol:
I'm going by vague memory here, but didn't he once describe what he did as giving an anatomy lessons?

second case was most likely gold diggers, but first one, hush money etc, come on with all his legal advise why would you pay hush money if you were not guilty and knew you couldn't win the case?
reeks
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

almax wrote:Regardless of his intentions, if you touch a child inapriopriately, then its just that, inapropriate.
Really mate? Completely moot point if there was no innapopriate touching though.
almax wrote:why would you pay hush money if you were not guilty and knew you couldn't win the case?
To try to keep it out of the press... happens all the time. Carlton FC are in the papers for it right now actually.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

The point about hush money is, why wouldn't you defend yourslef legally if you are innocent.
Same as Utegate, didn't see K Rudd paying off the opposition to keep quiet about the allegations last week.
mecka

Post by mecka »

accusations and allegations will damage a reputation regardless of whether or not they are true.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Blaxter wrote:The point about hush money is, why wouldn't you defend yourslef legally if you are innocent.
Same as Utegate, didn't see K Rudd paying off the opposition to keep quiet about the allegations last week.
Dude, can you imagine the field day Turnbull would have had if Rudd had offered to pay him off?

Sometimes the financial cost of paying someone off is far less that the cost to your image, should you chose to defend yourself legally - even if you win.

There could have been certain things in that first case that MJ and Co. didn't want aired... all sorts of private stuff, perhaps not even strictly related to the charges. Not to mention the fact that nobody charged with molestation/paedophilia comes out of a court case smelling of roses, regardless of the outcome. There's always lingering doubts.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

I dont think no matter how hard he defended it, it wouldnt have done any good.

Who is beleived, a child claiming touching, or the adult? Simple really. Standard thing is to beleive the kid. If you have no proof and it comes down to one person's word over the other, the kid is going to win almost every time.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I really do not think we are going to settle the case here and people are not going to change their opinions. Fact is a great performer has died, and died in the shadow of hollywood stench.

Thank fuk we had him at all.

Hope they give him the funeral of the mother fuking century.
mecka

Post by mecka »

imo the performer we all loved died ten years ago. the last decade has been basically a parade of his bizarre behaviour.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

True D.

I keep having flashbacks of trying to moonwalk in my room when i was 10 or something. :lol:

Favourite MJ tune?

Mine is Dirty Diana and Thriller... oh and Man in the Mirror.
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

Direkt wrote:
Blaxter wrote:The point about hush money is, why wouldn't you defend yourslef legally if you are innocent.
Dude, can you imagine the field day Turnbull would have had if Rudd had offered to pay him off?

Sometimes the financial cost of paying someone off is far less that the cost to your image, should you chose to defend yourself legally - even if you win.

There could have been certain things in that first case that MJ and Co. didn't want aired... all sorts of private stuff, perhaps not even strictly related to the charges. Not to mention the fact that nobody charged with molestation/paedophilia comes out of a court case smelling of roses, regardless of the outcome. There's always lingering doubts.
I want to come right out and say it here. Kevin Rudd touched me :?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:
Favourite MJ tune?
Beat It f'sho. Yeah it's played out, but it's probably the best pop song ever written. The hooks in that thing are just the SHIT.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Gliding High wrote:I want to come right out and say it here. Kevin Rudd touched me :?
dunno if any amount of money would be enough to hush you up drew :wink: lolol
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

They had a MJ marathon on Rage on Saturday morning. Was hard to leave the house because it was just tune after tune!

Beat It, Bad, Billie Jean, Black or White, Smooth Criminal, Remember the Time. Mad. His clips were fucking EPIC.

Loved a lot of the Jackson 5 songs too. Innocent, cute, non-lovey pop at its best. ABC and Rockin Robin ftw.

cbf entering into the whole fucking debate about his life. :roll:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

WP: yeah, we struggled to leave the house - it was gold after more gold... but finally made it out to Our Kitchen Table for brekky... mmmmm!

My faves: Bille Jean, Beat It, Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal, Thriller...
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Billie Jean Riddim is the killa for me.
deviant

Post by deviant »

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/peop ... -d1si.html
Debbie Rowe wrote:"Just like I stick the sperm up my horse, this is what they did to me. I was his thoroughbred."
ewwww
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

deviant wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/peop ... -d1si.html
Debbie Rowe wrote:"Just like I stick the sperm up my horse, this is what they did to me. I was his thoroughbred."
ewwww

Yeah I read that. She certainly has a way with words. And sperm.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

witty_pseudonym wrote:They had a MJ marathon on Rage on Saturday morning. Was hard to leave the house because it was just tune after tune!

Beat It, Bad, Billie Jean, Black or White, Smooth Criminal, Remember the Time. Mad. His clips were fucking EPIC.

Loved a lot of the Jackson 5 songs too. Innocent, cute, non-lovey pop at its best. ABC and Rockin Robin ftw.

cbf entering into the whole fucking debate about his life. :roll:
And on Sunday there was a Green Day infomercial posturing as an episode of Video Hits.
Wack shit on TV all weekend.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

RIP MJ

don't always need to love the man, just the music.

i hope you get some peace now MJ
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

good news week last night was prob the shittest episode ive seen from what i did see
getting worse and worse

apart from a few funnies from frank woodley, legend that he is, the other 90% was MJ jokes.
really out of ideas. and they were saying "oh its too soon for you is it?" when the studio audience groaned at them. no, they're just shit jokes that no one wants to hear.

can't believe its even a tv show, and that they brought it back. mcdermot is a kent too fark off
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Kaiproject wrote:good news week last night was prob the shittest episode ive seen from what i did see
getting worse and worse

apart from a few funnies from frank woodley, legend that he is, the other 90% was MJ jokes.
really out of ideas. and they were saying "oh its too soon for you is it?" when the studio audience groaned at them. no, they're just shit jokes that no one wants to hear.

can't believe its even a tv show, and that they brought it back. mcdermot is a kent too fark off
That show has been rubbish for a long time. Tries waaaaay too hard. Mcdermott can suck my nuts.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

side story -

Once I lived in a warehouse, and there was a big pile of crap under the stairwell.
One day i cleaned it out, and pulled out a huge MJ poster circa thriller era with 'LOVE michael'
written on it in texta flourish.

I took it upstairs and said 'HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS??"
someone said 'oh yeah, that's real, he signed it when i saw him on tour and everything!"

SO I put it in pride of place in our livingroom and anyone who came over I told
'look, look at our love michael picture!! its real hes reallllll dammit!!" whilst kissing it and moonwalking and generally postulating about it.

A year later, some truth serum was had, and the crew let me into the little secret they had been sniggering about behind my back for months.

it wasnt real. some douchebag had written 'love michael' on it and they knew i was willing to believe most things so led me down the garden path.

and then, I looked again, and it actually said 'love michel"

He spelt his own name wrong and I didnt even notice. Everyone else had, of course. :lol:
deviant

Post by deviant »

Hardy wrote:
Kaiproject wrote:good news week last night was prob the shittest episode ive seen from what i did see
getting worse and worse

That show has been rubbish for a long time. Tries waaaaay too hard. Mcdermott can suck my nuts.
that found its way onto my tellie last night for a brief moment... made me feel a bit sick tbh
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

That fat behemoth Mikey Robbins's use by date expired a long, long time ago. I've never got a laugh out of him.
Honestly, that's one of those shows you laugh at to be polite if your with company - if your that way inclined.
If you were by yourself watching it, or just not worried about social consequences, you couldn't be blamed for kicking your fucking television in.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I can tell from your defensive response this is another one of those things you actually love but say you hate Gliding High. Do you release how obvious that is? :teef:

I don't mind it - jokes can be obvious as fuk, but there is some wit in it, watch it if i like the guests. Hate Corine Grant with a passion, almost as much as that gumby fuker Dave Hughes - the two of them can go die in radio hell with Kate Lambrook - on some shit we play more ads than songs station so i never have to look at the mugs again.

sssssssss.

XXX miss you michael.
youthful_implants

ghetto kitty wrote:side story -

Once I lived in a warehouse, and there was a big pile of crap under the stairwell.
One day i cleaned it out, and pulled out a huge MJ poster circa thriller era with 'LOVE michael'
written on it in texta flourish.

I took it upstairs and said 'HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS??"
someone said 'oh yeah, that's real, he signed it when i saw him on tour and everything!"

SO I put it in pride of place in our livingroom and anyone who came over I told
'look, look at our love michael picture!! its real hes reallllll dammit!!" whilst kissing it and moonwalking and generally postulating about it.

A year later, some truth serum was had, and the crew let me into the little secret they had been sniggering about behind my back for months.

it wasnt real. some douchebag had written 'love michael' on it and they knew i was willing to believe most things so led me down the garden path.

and then, I looked again, and it actually said 'love michel"

He spelt his own name wrong and I didnt even notice. Everyone else had, of course. :lol:
:lol:

good story, even if a little embarassing.
Strontium Music