Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

mecka wrote:long winded rants tend to lose their effect after the first few words innit.

short. statements. make. more. impact.
MAN KNOWS
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote:wait... whats a penis
Remember that magic trick I showed you last night... the one with "No hands!"? Well, you see... erm...
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Vodafone "customer service" can fucking die.
mrj

Post by mrj »

gripe today is my landlord.

unreasonable. rude. and just simply not a nice person. needs to go back to kindergarten and learn some basic manners.

do they teach those in kindergarten? oh well somewhere they teach manners. finishing school or summat.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Stray

Post by Stray »

mrj wrote:gripe today is my landlord.

unreasonable. rude. and just simply not a nice person. needs to go back to kindergarten and learn some basic manners.

do they teach those in kindergarten? oh well somewhere they teach manners. finishing school or summat.
I think I saw that on that tv show.. ladette to landlord :teef:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

GOTD: Being a heavy sleeper

Anyone who has lived with me knows how bad I am at this. I frequently sleep through both my alarms, and now have resorted to leaving my curtains open in the hope that the sunlight wakes me. It's just embarrassing to have to call work and tell them i'm late cos i slept in... again.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

at least you're well rested :wink:

gripe: regardless of how many times I say my name, as soon as people see my name written down they pronounce it wrong. I can sort of understand this when they only just meet me cause it's new, but I've got work colleagues saying it wrong all the freaking time. It's like they see my face, mentally imagine how to spell my name and then call me that.

It's like someone saying Gee-orge instead of pronouncing it Gorge.

Dumb.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
retzie

Post by retzie »

:lol: at Ladette to Landlord.
Hardy wrote:GOTD: Being a heavy sleeper

Anyone who has lived with me knows how bad I am at this. I frequently sleep through both my alarms, and now have resorted to leaving my curtains open in the hope that the sunlight wakes me. It's just embarrassing to have to call work and tell them i'm late cos i slept in... again.
Sounds like a mate from school. He ended doing proper sleep testing and it turned out he is an unnaturally efficient sleeper. His sleep was something like 98% efficient, while normal people are around 60 - 70% (can't remember exact figures). This meant he could sleep through ANYTHING. Literally, if he put an alarm in a locked cabinet, he would find the key, unlock the cabinet and switch the alarm off while still asleep! After the official tests confirmed all this, he had a permanent note from the doctors excusing his lateness :lol:

GOTD: Waiting to hear if I have to move country in two months. Doing my head in already :(
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
gnat

Post by gnat »

lol retzie

are you sleeping less as you get older hardy?

i'm up at 7 even on weekends now, total body clock and have stopped mourning the waste of a sleep in and now just savour the lack of RUSH
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

retzie wrote::lol: at Ladette to Landlord.

Sounds like a mate from school. He ended doing proper sleep testing and it turned out he is an unnaturally efficient sleeper. His sleep was something like 98% efficient, while normal people are around 60 - 70% (can't remember exact figures). This meant he could sleep through ANYTHING. Literally, if he put an alarm in a locked cabinet, he would find the key, unlock the cabinet and switch the alarm off while still asleep! After the official tests confirmed all this, he had a permanent note from the doctors excusing his lateness :lol:

(
That sounds exactly like me. I have a clock radio (it is so loud it wakes my housemates), the alarm in my phone, a cat that meows incessantly and the curtains open, and I sleep through it all. I usually turn of my alarms in my sleep. I have my phone far from my bed, so that i HAVE to get up to turn it off, but I either sleep through it or get up in my sleep. I just don't know what to do anymore.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

rude clients on phones...

i call a guy to get his first name as we dont have it on file..

and he refused to give it to me.

says call my accountant and hangs up..

then i call back to get his accountants number, and he still wont give me his first name.

WTF

wanker
retzie

Post by retzie »

Hardy wrote:I just don't know what to do anymore.
Seriously, see if you can get onto sleep research people. If it is part of ongoing research, I doubt you'd have to pay anything - prolly just have turn up, have electrodes attached and go to sleep. Mebbe you can has a "Please excuse Hardy's lateness - he is a good sleeper" note as well :D
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

retzie wrote:
Hardy wrote:I just don't know what to do anymore.
Seriously, see if you can get onto sleep research people. If it is part of ongoing research, I doubt you'd have to pay anything - prolly just have turn up, have electrodes attached and go to sleep. Mebbe you can has a "Please excuse Hardy's lateness - he is a good sleeper" note as well :D
I actually just spoke to my boss about it, and he said maybe go to a docs to get a referral. Someone he knows had a similar problem. Which is good because at least now he doesn't just think i'm a lazy bastard.

Maybe I could use it my resume in future!

"What are your strengths?"
"Well, i'm an excellent sleeper!"
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Hardy wrote:
retzie wrote::lol: at Ladette to Landlord.

(
That sounds exactly like me. I have a clock radio (it is so loud it wakes my housemates), the alarm in my phone, a cat that meows incessantly and the curtains open, and I sleep through it all. I usually turn of my alarms in my sleep. I have my phone far from my bed, so that i HAVE to get up to turn it off, but I either sleep through it or get up in my sleep. I just don't know what to do anymore.

get an alarm with your mum's voice on it saying "Tom you'll be late for school". only way i was ever able to wake you up. Was gold everytime i did it too. :lol:
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
mecka

Post by mecka »

I'm simply going to come in and just kick you in the balls whenever your alarm goes off for more than 15 minutes at a time.

it'll work.

i wacked myself in the nuts with a cardboard box the other day. wasnt able to walk probably for about two hours.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote:I'm simply going to come in and just kick you in the balls whenever your alarm goes off for more than 15 minutes at a time.

it'll work.

i wacked myself in the nuts with a cardboard box the other day. wasnt able to walk probably for about two hours.
There's no part of this post I don't like.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

:lol:
deviant

Post by deviant »

here's some ideas for you hardy...

flying alarm clock

most annoying alarm clock in the world

and my personal favourite U snooze U lose
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I think I just found the coolest thing ever on that site...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/japanfan/982f/?cpg=ab
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
deviant

Post by deviant »

I've figured it out...

hardy is a ninja
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

deviant wrote:I've figured it out...

hardy is a ninja
That is the ONLY possible conclusion. Ooh! Only $39.99!
spiral

Post by spiral »

insomnia
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

had a meeting with a really big client and they were about to spend thousands of dollars. Then she asked me how many people work in my company, I didn't lie and told her "just myself"

Haven't heard from them since and they won't even answer my calls or return my emails

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to prove myself, ya fucken khunts
deviant

Post by deviant »

should have lied :?
Fents

Post by Fents »

I thought it was at least 2 if not 3 BRB?

Junior does filing dosnt he? ;)
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

breaksRbest wrote:had a meeting with a really big client and they were about to spend thousands of dollars. Then she asked me how many people work in my company, I didn't lie and told her "just myself"

Haven't heard from them since and they won't even answer my calls or return my emails

That sucks dude. When was the meeting?

GOTD: Letting my frustrations get the better of me, resulting in me acting like a complete dick to someone who didn't deserve it.
lynt

Post by lynt »

breaksRbest wrote:had a meeting with a really big client and they were about to spend thousands of dollars. Then she asked me how many people work in my company, I didn't lie and told her "just myself"

Bitch.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Fents wrote:I thought it was at least 2 if not 3 BRB?

She really put me on the spot, wasn't expecting it. What's the relevance anyway? (meeting was last Thursday, at the start of the meeting she said I'd be getting the artwork files the next day)

From now on I'll even count the fucken dust bunnies on the floor as my employees, and Junior can be Junior Vice President.

how is a small business supposed to become a not-so-small business?

I'm so fucked off about this.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

breaksRbest wrote:
Fents wrote:I thought it was at least 2 if not 3 BRB?

She really put me on the spot, wasn't expecting it. What's the relevance anyway? (meeting was last Thursday, at the start of the meeting she said I'd be getting the artwork files the next day)

From now on I'll even count the fucken dust bunnies on the floor as my employees, and Junior can be Junior Vice President.

how is a small business supposed to become a not-so-small business?

I'm so fucked off about this.
Honesty isn't always the best policy, and it fucking sucks.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

i'm not saying it's right, but big companies like dealing with other big companies. maybe she had concerns a sole operator could deliver what was required.

i reckon instead of getting pissed you take it as a learning experience (expensive one) ... that when dealing with larger clients you, ahem , tailor your pitch to meet their expectations.

it still sucks tho!
deviant

Post by deviant »

it probably wasn't the person you met making the descision, it was probably some fat khunt behind a desk saying "what, sole operator!!! no way".

Don't take it personally dude, you will get there. I have faith :)
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

AH shit bRb.. that really sucks..... they could at least have the balls to talk to you and say no we are going elsewhere...

My GOTD: We got home last night and the front door was kicked in and we were robbed... :( We could not even close our door last night, had to try and sleep with furniture up against it.... Leadlight in the door broken, and was a cold night.....
Fingerprint dust all over the place, shit gets everywhere!
deviant

Post by deviant »

that is fucked....

people who break into others private homes and steal shit are scum :mad:

much stuff gone???

you have insurance?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

hope they didn't take anything you can't replace

:touch wood: I've never been robbed, it would fucken suck
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

not much, thankfully they would not have known the worth of some stuff (like $500 saree etc - they see that as meh fabric). But the digi camera, lappy, not sure on what viynl of the boys yet at least $500 cash.. anything they could grab and run with, i hate the fact that they went through all my drawers etc, need to wash ALL my smalls now.. lol

But we lost tons of software, photos (that annoyes me)

Yeah we got insurance up the hilt, will only get $200 back on cash but better than nothing.

I am more interested in getting a new front door we can shut again
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

thats fucked Charlie :(
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

That sucks major Charlie!

Hope the bastard/s get hit with massively bad karma.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Charlie73 wrote: photos (that annoyes me)

:shock:

khunts farken
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Ah crap Charlie, that sucks as! Could you speak to the landlord to get the door fixed as he/she is the one that should have house/property insurance.
Last edited by PahMaLa on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

that sucks charlie. fuckers

how do people back up thier files here? im ok, but could be better at doign a disk clone onto my external, and a spare HD which i store in a cupboard. i dont imagine my install disks etc would be knicked in case of theft
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

fuck charlie...that's ROUGH. :(
love to you lady. xox
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

brb and charlie - that is well fucked on both accounts. so sorry to hear it :(
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

It's a rough neighbourhood Charlie. sorry to hear bout your loss. We have full alarm system and doble locking doors and windows. EVeryone aroud us has been ripped off over the past 2 years. Luck we have a stay home housemate as well.. bit like having a guard dog.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Thanks heaps guys....

At this stage it looks like they will be boarding up the front door till they can get teh OK from the owner... invonvenient much! so yeah kinda farked the weekend really....

I was angry last night, then scared with no shutting door, now i am just glad that they didn't hurt our pets or didn't take our tv's etc...

Poor boy has lost work from the lappy on a web site he was working on, but yeah.... it happens to us all at some stage...
Stray

Post by Stray »

FoundationStepper wrote:that sucks charlie. fuckers

how do people back up thier files here? im ok, but could be better at doign a disk clone onto my external, and a spare HD which i store in a cupboard. i dont imagine my install disks etc would be knicked in case of theft
You should also think of offsite backups in case of things like fire.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Tis true that something only exists digitally if there are 2 seperate copies of it
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Blaxter wrote:Tis true that something only exists digitally if there are 2 seperate copies of it
??
Don't hate me for house
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

If you only have one copy saved then it doens't really exist because if ti becomes corrupted, deleted, or whate vern then your farked.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Logic. It's more than a computer program.