Butter Party - Wriggle

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Stray

Butter Party - Wriggle

Post by Stray »

I have to say Big Ups to our very own A1Studmuffin for his first Butter Party Release, which is coming out this month.
The feedback for this release has been amazing!

www.myspace.com/butterparty

"Love this!!"
James Zabiela (Hearing Aid / Excession)

"The Deep & Dirty Mix is the one I'm feeling here, nice work"
Mark Knight (Toolroom)

"Every track on this release is a killer. New kid on the block Butter Party might have a silly name but the tunes are far from comical. The Zodiac Cartel remixes, especially the Twisted as Hell Mix, take this release to the next level. Pure class."
Dopamine (Title Fight / Definitive)

"Im playing both sides - it's a wicked release. I think Butter Party is going to do some real damage this year."
Meat Katie (Lot49)

"I'm well into Zodiac's Twisted as Hell mix ... as I'm sure you can imagine!"
Lee Mortimer (Sawtooth Sucka / Wearhouse Music)

"You are a very sick individual.. Just listening to Butter Party – another fucking grade a belter! Favourite tracks Wiggle (original + Zodiac Cartel twisted mix) bonkers and makes me want to cry in my tea."
Tom Real (Fakt)

"Zodiac Cartel is killing it!"
Madox (Mantra)

"What a slamming debut! A sound that sits so naturally on Shack's label that he could've been behind them himself. Great to see. No so into the remixes though"
Nick Thayer (Breaking Point / Triple RRR)

"Quality Package - towers above the other stuff sent ;) All tracks are very good. Really into Zodiac's twisted as hell mix"
Nick Slater (Drummatic Twins)

"Deep and Dirty mix is the one for me"
F.E.X. / Robotronic

"All about Zodiac Cartels Deep and Dirty remix of Wriggle, excellent, deep , dark n grooving, will enjoy droppin this!!"
Andy D (MOS Radio)

"The twisted as Hell mix is a real stomache turner. The bassline is so evil, this must be the sound of Pandora's Box when it's opened."
Ralph Balk [DJ Broadcast Magazine (Breaks Reviews)]

"2 great original tracks and a couple of good remixes from Zodiac Cartel... review in IDJ"
Mark Bates [Kai 1 / IDJ Magazine (Techno Reviews)]

"Very tight indeed!"
Aston Shuffle

"Lovin the Zodiac Cartel tunes mate!! Superb sound!!"
Zimbardo (Benchmarc!)

"Totally wicked stuff here guys, cant wait to play this - awesome !!!!!!!!"
Tony Manc (Ministry of Sound / Data)

"Nasty bit of production work here! Really diggin' the Twisted as Hell mix. The original is tight as hell as well. Strong release!"
Scott Kirkland (The Crystal Method)

"Love the new U + A mate - it's wikkid ...to be honest, I prefer the Originals - Zodiac Mixes are great, but the originals are better for my bag - will bang 'em out in China this weekend"
Dylan Rhymes (Lot 49)

"Thanks! The Deep and Dirty remix is the one for me here, it's a sure play!!!"
Mihai Popoviciu (Gigolo/Size Doesn't Matter)

"I really like, Zodiac Cartel Deep & Dirty Mix"
Anderson Noise (Noise Music - Brazil)

"Zodiac Cartel's twisted as hell mix of "wriggle" is an outstanding floor-WEAPON!
brilliant sound and a clap that will slap every clubber-brain in a gentle, but extremely funky way at the same time. KILLER! Can't wait to play it..."
Denis Karimani (Remute)

"I really like the deeper ZC mix ... the drums are more roundish and it should work really well in the club"
Riva Star (Frontroom/Dirtybird)

"[The Deep & Dirty Mix] ... is a lovely throbbing piece of electronic nonsensery."
Rick Grant (Fabric Beats)

"I like Zodiac Cartel's Deep and Dirty mix."
Alland Byallo (Liebe Detail, Floppy Funk, Dirtybird)

"Really liking both zodiac cartel mixes, one deep late-night grooves, the other peak time distortion drenched mayhem!"
Kid Blue (Fat!/Lot 49)

"Nice package... like the original Wriggle + the remixes... both the deep and the floorfiller :D "
Kevin (Fine Cut Bodies, Hungary)
deviant

Post by deviant »

bigups!!!
Fents

Post by Fents »

just had a listen to wriggle...quality breaks there.
Stray

Post by Stray »

The Zodiac Cartel remixes can be found here :: www.myspace.com/zodiaccartel

Twisted as Hell mix is very cool
Ides-GotFunk?

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

party has a great name!!
http://www.myspace.com/got_funk

Feb 15 (07)::FK5 vs THUNDERBALL
Nov 24 (07)::REPHRASE

27 DEC :: MBBB returns!!!
MAR 2010 :: WMC USA :D

ides :smt055 parov stelar
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

Thanks lads... the feedback we've gotten so far has been amazing.
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

In case anyone missed my big fuck-off signature :lol:, this will be out next Monday (25th Feb) on Elite Force's U&A Recordings imprint on Beatport with two remixes from Zodiac Cartel.

DJ Support has been awesome, including James Zabiela (Hearing Aid / Excession), Mark Knight (Toolroom), Dopamine (Title Fight / Definitive), Meat Katie (Lot49), Lee Mortimer (Sawtooth Sucka / Wearhouse Music), Tom Real (Fakt), Madox (Mantra), Nick Thayer (Breaking Point / Triple RRR), Nick Slater (Drummatic Twins), F.E.X. / Robotronic, Andy D (MOS Radio), Ralph Balk [DJ Broadcast Magazine (Breaks Reviews)], Mark Bates [Kai 1 / IDJ Magazine (Techno Reviews)], Aston Shuffle, Zimbardo (Benchmarc!), Tony Manc (Ministry of Sound / Data), Scott Kirkland (The Crystal Method), Dylan Rhymes (Lot 49), Mihai Popoviciu (Gigolo/Size Doesn't Matter), Anderson Noise (Noise Music - Brazil), Denis Karimani (Remute), Riva Star (Frontroom/Dirtybird), Rick Grant (Fabric Beats), Alland Byallo (Liebe Detail, Floppy Funk, Dirtybird), Kid Blue (Fat!/Lot 49), Kevin (Fine Cut Bodies, Hungary), Lee Coombs (Thrust / Lot49), Miles Dyson (Plasmapool), Tom Stephan (Superchumbo / ChumboMundo), Andrea Lai (Agatha, Roma), Nils Lausund (Nils Noa / Lot49), Rob Savage (Groove Diggerz/Breakin Even) .... etc ....!!

Some more quotes:

"Wriggle is rockin! So is Fidget! Nice package!!"
Lee Coombs (Thrust / Lot49)

"Sure - am supporting this. Cool mixes!"
Miles Dyson (Plasmapool)

"EXCELLENT EP! Both original mixes are my fav"
Tom Stephan (Superchumbo / ChumboMundo)

"GREAT!!!! LOVING THE Z. Cartel rmx. both!!5/5 just great!!"
Andrea Lai (Agatha, Roma)

"great release. both originals are great."
Nils Lausund (Nils Noa / Lot49)

"Liking this mix Wriggle (Zodiac Cartels Deep and Dirty mix) really nice deep rollin bline action"
Rob Savage (Groove Diggerz/Breakin Even)

"The twisted as Hell mix is a real stomache turner. The bassline is so evil, this must be the sound of Pandora's Box when it's opened."
Ralph Balk (DJ Broadcast Magazine (Breaks Reviews))

BUTTER PARTY
WRIGGLE & FIDGET

U&A RECORDINGS (uk) UAA005
Butter Party is a young producer who has been snapped up by the roving ear of Elite Force and unleashed on his Used & Abused Recordings.
We get two wicked tracks of dirty funk in the addictive 2008 style which has thrown together techno, electro, tribal house and minimal into one big genre less melting pot for the clubs to reap the rewards.
Throw in a couple of remixes from the extraordinarily talented Zodiac Cartel who go balls out banana’s on the ‘Twisted as Hell’ version of ‘Wriggle’ and this is one release that’ll have you bouncing higher than the Easter bunny. K1
***** Recommended
Mark Bates

IDJ (Techno Reviews)
gnat

Post by gnat »

drop scatterbox into fidget and dancefloor mayhem for me

nice one muffintop
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
eliteforce

Post by eliteforce »

top job our kid ... and the single is out now >>

Butter Party - Wriggle / Fidget (+ Zodiac Cartel Mixes) [UAA005]

OUT NOW :: Exclusively on Beatport

The fifth release on U&A Recordings sees a debut from red hot newcomer, Melbourne's Butter Party (aka Michael Davies). Sure to be a name on everyone’s lips come the year’s end, label boss Elite Force so smitten with the maturity of sound and the adroitness of this youngster’s production work that he instantly snapped up these two tracks for the label, fitting perfectly in with the label’s tech-funk ethos with a style that nods towards the likes of Miles Dyson, D Ramirez and Cirez D. On remix duty, and fresh from having a huge hit with their remix of Elite Force’s ‘Used & Abused’ (which spent over 6 weeks in the Top 20 Electro House chart on Beatport shifting several thousand copies in the process), we welcome back the mighty Zodiac Cartel, with two exceptional, and very different remixes..... it's no surprise then that DJ Support has been as exceptional & varied as it has.

AUDIO SNIPPETS
Butter Party - Wriggle (Original Mix)
Butter Party - Fidget (Original Mix)
Butter Party - Wriggle (Zodiac Cartel's Twisted as Hell Mix)
Butter Party - Wriggle (Zodiac Cartel's Deep & Dirty Mix)

Full support for the single has been forthcoming from (amongst others) :

James Zabiela (Hearing Aid / Excession), Mark Knight (Toolroom), Dopamine (Title Fight / Definitive), Meat Katie (Lot49), Lee Mortimer (Sawtooth Sucka / Wearhouse Music), Tom Real (Fakt), Madox (Mantra), Nick Thayer (Breaking Point / Triple RRR), Nick Slater (Drummatic Twins), F.E.X. / Robotronic, Andy D (MOS Radio), Ralph Balk [DJ Broadcast Magazine (Breaks Reviews)], Mark Bates [Kai 1 / IDJ Magazine (Techno Reviews)], Aston Shuffle, Zimbardo (Benchmarc!), Tony Manc (Ministry of Sound / Data), Scott Kirkland (The Crystal Method), Dylan Rhymes (Lot 49), Mihai Popoviciu (Gigolo/Size Doesn't Matter), Anderson Noise (Noise Music - Brazil), Denis Karimani (Remute), Riva Star (Frontroom/Dirtybird), Rick Grant (Fabric Beats), Alland Byallo (Liebe Detail, Floppy Funk, Dirtybird), Kid Blue (Fat!/Lot 49), Kevin (Fine Cut Bodies, Hungary), Lee Coombs (Thrust / Lot49), Miles Dyson (Plasmapool), Tom Stephan (Superchumbo / ChumboMundo), Andrea Lai (Agatha, Roma), Nils Lausund (Nils Noa / Lot49), Rob Savage (Groove Diggerz/Breakin Even) .... etc ....!!

Many thanks for the support,
s
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Lovin this tune mate! Bigups!
Also you gotta be lovin..
Lee Coombs:
Nice package!!
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
mrj

Post by mrj »

only just saw this. biggups~ 8)
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

andy_hoffman wrote:Lovin this tune mate! Bigups!
Also you gotta be lovin..
Lee Coombs:
Nice package!!
Aaahahahahahaha, didn't even think of that, nice :D