Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Re: Gripe thread

Post by Lizkins »

totally agree Gnatty

my latest thing is educating the druggies on manners. one was having a spac on the tram the other day and pushed people out the way.

i was like - hey ease up, its too early in the morning, and that is just not necessary.

she goes - but i'm late and people get in me fuckin way.

me - and your more important than everyone else?

her - grumbles under breath and walks off

there was one the other week ranting racist remarks and i went - hey shut it.

he did lol

they are getting on my nerves big time at the moment.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
nic

Post by nic »

urgh
totes grim here
might be time for summer hiatus tbh.
quick

Post by quick »

nic wrote:urgh
totes grim here
might be time for summer hiatus tbh.
should have come on Saturday, was a mad house party and awesome fireworks... not grim at all if you get out and have fun still...

beers this week tho
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
retzie

Post by retzie »

Ugh, job applications. Again. Fucken fuck fuck fuck. 3 down 120 to go :angry3:

Also, fuck the fuck off to creepy, sleazy nerds. No, I do no want to know what you rate the last girl you had sex with out of 10; no, I do not want to 'dress up for you'; no, I do not want to 'look after each other's needs'; and, no, not under any circumstances would I ever be compelled, coerced or otherwise forced into fucking you.

Wrong.Town. And this was from two guys I work with :angry7:
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

retzie wrote:
Also, fuck the fuck off to creepy, sleazy nerds. No, I do no want to know what you rate the last girl you had sex with out of 10; no, I do not want to 'dress up for you'; no, I do not want to 'look after each other's needs'; and, no, not under any circumstances would I ever be compelled, coerced or otherwise forced into fucking you.

You sound too high maintenance tbh
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

I am waiting on money being sent from the UK. Its been 1.5 weeks since it was originally transferred and I still dont have it.

I need it. That is all.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

lol hardy
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
quick

Post by quick »

very lol
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
retzie

Post by retzie »

Hardy wrote:You sound too high maintenance tbh
True, true. Next thing you know, I'll be complaining about a guy bringing some bird he's banging to a date.

Oh wait...

W1NRAR :tard:
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

pretty sure i know some loonies but nothing of the calibre you keep coming up with huhu.

time to gtfouta there
retzie

Post by retzie »

Nah, location hasn't made it particularly worse than it was before. It's just:

:science:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

LOL!
nic

Post by nic »

retzie wrote:Nah, location hasn't made it particularly worse than it was before. It's just:

:science:
:slayer: :brohugs:
mecka

Post by mecka »

rofl... retzie's scientific charts > yuo.
deviant

Post by deviant »

so, are you the blue? or are they?
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

both it seems
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

retzie wrote:Ugh, job applications. Again. Fucken fuck fuck fuck. 3 down 120 to go :angry3:

don't take it to heart Retz, some men (and yes some women) are just well gross and blah. i have had two married men who i work with crack on to me. one recently emailed me saying he missed my voice, so i asked how his kids were lol
click here fo fotos
retzie

Post by retzie »

deviant wrote:so, are you the blue? or are they?
Blue is them. 'Sif post chart about myself.
(They didn't have a venn diagram maker :( )
huge wrote:both it seems
Home side first :P
Lizkins wrote:don't take it to heart Retz, some men (and yes some women) are just well gross and blah. i have had two married men who i work with crack on to me. one recently emailed me saying he missed my voice, so i asked how his kids were lol
Thx liz, some people are just fucked. One of these guys has a longterm gf :?
aroes

Post by aroes »

Lizkins wrote: i have had two married men who i work with crack on to me. one recently emailed me saying he missed my voice, so i asked how his kids were lol
so basically you're just leading him on

:teefnilly:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

with my voice? well, i guess it is a nice voice, so yeah, maybe i am

:teefnilly:
click here fo fotos
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

You have probably heared me complain about one of the Partners at my work in the past. If you haven't she is a fucking CUNT! Whilst i dont have to work for her anymore, some friends do. I just got sent an email that she sent to everyone and i am wondering if you can actually send this type of email
Hi All

I have noted that nearly all staff are using the word “on” inappropriately repeatedly.

“The book is on the table” - “on” is where you place something

“The policy is on IT” –WRONG – it “covers IT” or “about IT”, “in respect to IT” or even “for IT”.

Some other items:
• Documentations – WRONG – should be “documentation” for plural and “document” for singular
• Staffs – WRONG – should be “staff” for plural & “staff member” for singular
• Proper – WRONG – use the word appropriate, proper is not a word used in Australia

I know some of these things are different in Asian English but we need to use Australian English as that is what our clients expect.

Best regards
Theresa
Whilst she is correct, is this type of email okay? I think it boarders on racist.

Discuss
GO CATS! GO CATS!
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

she sounds lovely
mrj

Post by mrj »

kronz wrote:Whilst she is correct, is this type of email okay? I think it boarders on racist.

Discuss
its clearly racist, albeit its very mild. the things that she has identified are critisicms that could easily be leveled at any Australian. I work with plenty of people who make the same mistakes she has identified that are many generation australian and have english as their first language, and people in the same category who make mistakes that are far worse.

however, whilst im no employment lawyer, i dont think it could turn into a problem legally. my understanding is that in EEO cases it needs to be proven that it resulted in some sort of disadvantage to those who were discriminated against. Theres no disadvantage here, nobodys been passed over for promotion, or denied training or salary. Additionally its too mild to argue that its true racial vilification. However you could argue it could potentially become an issue for the firm where it was used as evidence of a culture of rasicsm in a more serious case.

my 2c
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
retzie

Post by retzie »

If the problem is grammar, the email should be STRICTLY about grammar. What fucken difference does it make WHY anyone is getting it wrong?

By the way, is she actually providing some sort of resource to help people with this? Or is she just hoping this email will fix it?? Needs more Australian Style Manual in the staff room. Make her put her money where her mouth is!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

kronz wrote:
Whilst she is correct, is this type of email okay? I think it boarders on racist.

Discuss
Whilst very poorly worded, I beleive her point is valid. With a slight hint of racism, but could be spun either way.

She does sound like a cunt though.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

retzie wrote:If the problem is grammar, the email should be STRICTLY about grammar. What fucken difference does it make WHY anyone is getting it wrong?

By the way, is she actually providing some sort of resource to help people with this? Or is she just hoping this email will fix it?? Needs more Australian Style Manual in the staff room. Make her put her money where her mouth is!
Nailed it. Her request is reasonable, but she needs to do more than just ask them to do it, she needs to provide the tools and teaching to achieve it.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I like the sound of this woman... can you hook me up a date kronz?
deviant

Post by deviant »

Just for the record, I find singling out a racial group like this pretty offensive.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Dan, she is the most repugnant person on earth, please never mention the term date again!
GO CATS! GO CATS!
youthful_implants

kronz wrote:You have probably heared me complain about one of the Partners at my work in the past. If you haven't she is a fucking CUNT! Whilst i dont have to work for her anymore, some friends do. I just got sent an email that she sent to everyone and i am wondering if you can actually send this type of email
Hi All

I have noted that nearly all staff are using the word “on” inappropriately repeatedly.

“The policy is on IT” –WRONG – it “covers IT” or “about IT”, “in respect to IT” or even “for IT”.

Some other items:
• Documentations – WRONG – should be “documentation” for plural and “document” for singular
• Proper – WRONG – use the word appropriate, proper is not a word used in Australia

I know some of these things are different in Asian English but we need to use Australian English as that is what our clients expect.

Best regards
Theresa

Discuss
I think the more proper term is pigeon english (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Pigeon+English), but asian english is what it is. I dont think that's racist at all. Its not discriminatory to discuss people's quality of language when its not their first language IMO.

The fact that she thinks appropriate is a better word than proper is total nonsense though, where did she get that idea?

My wife, who is Asian, was sent to elocution classes by the first company that hired her and taught her how to speak to clients. I thought that was pretty weird.
Strontium Music

FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

that aside, if the person above her gives a stuff about workplace culture and how a message like that would make people feel, then perhaps there is a way of anon raising it with them - print out on desk? you can spin it either way but to me it indicates something very wrong in the attitude of the person and this effects everyone below them
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Hi All

Some other items:

Best regards
Theresa

I would expect higher literacy from a grammar nazi.

She should rephrase the first sentence so that she doesn't have those two adjectives next to one another. I'd go with something like "Many staff are repeatedly using the word 'on' inappropriately".

The second point " 'on' is where you place something"; WRONG - 'on' describes many things, including:

- to indicate position in contact with and supported by the top surface of <the book is lying on the table>

- to indicate position in or in contact with an outer surface <the fly landed on the ceiling> <I have a cut on my finger> <paint on the wall>

- to indicate position in close proximity with <a village on the sea> <stay on your opponent>

- to indicate the location of something <on the left> <on the south side of the house> <on the farm>

- to indicate a source of attachment or support <on a string> <stand on one foot> <hang it on a nail>

- to indicate a source of dependence <you can rely on me> <feeds on insects> <lives on a pension>

- to indicate means of conveyance <on the bus>

- to indicate presence in the possession of <had a knife on him>

- to indicate a time frame during which something takes place <a parade on Sunday> or an instant, action, or occurrence when something begins or is done <on cue> <on arriving home, I found your letter> <news on the hour> <cash on delivery>

- to indicate manner of doing something ; often used with the <on the sly> <keep everything on the up-and-up>

- to indicate means or agency <cut myself on a knife> <talk on the telephone>

- to indicate a medium of expression <on stage> <best show on television>

- to indicate active involvement in a condition or status <on the increase> <on the lookout> (2) : regularly using or showing the effects of using <on drugs>

- to indicate involvement or participation <on tour> <on the team> <on duty>

- to indicate inclusion <put it on the agenda>

- to indicate position or status in proper relationship with a standard or objective <on schedule>

- to indicate reason, ground, or basis (as for an action, opinion, or computation) <I have it on good authority> <on one condition> <the interest will be 10 cents on the dollar>

- to indicate the cause or source <profited on the sale of stock>

- to indicate the focus of obligation or responsibility <drinks are on the house> <put the blame on me>

- to indicate the object of collision, opposition, or hostile action <bumped my head on a limb> <an attack on religion> <pulled a gun on me>

- to indicate the object with respect to some disadvantage, handicap, or detriment <has three inches in height on me> <a 3-game lead on the second-place team> <the joke's on me>

- to indicate destination or the focus of some action, movement, or directed effort <crept up on him> <feast your eyes on this> <working on my skiing> <made a payment on the loan>

- to indicate the focus of feelings, determination, or will <have pity on me> <keen on sports> <a curse on you>

- to indicate the object with respect to some misfortune or disadvantageous event <the crops died on them>

- to indicate the subject of study, discussion, or consideration <a book on insects> <reflect on that a moment> <agree on price>, and

- to indicate reduplication or succession in a series <loss on loss>

Also, if the word 'proper' is not used in Australia, why is it plastered across classrooms nation-wide during grammar lessons? Has she never heard of a proper noun?

Idiot.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
gnat

Post by gnat »

Dear Theresa- Hows abouts 'PROPPA'?- is this an acceptable adjective when used in context ie 'this is going be a proppa rinseout'
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
youthful_implants

:lol:
Strontium Music

deviant

Post by deviant »

lol Cia

Kronz, you should send her CIA's response... :lol:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

CIA - Always keeping real as FARK. Respeck
kronz

Post by kronz »

CIA, I love your work.

I was told yesterday by the person in question that my opinion doesn't matter.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
deviant

Post by deviant »

I doesn't, you "asian-english-sympathiser". :teef:
CoB

Post by CoB »

wow that is horrible. ahaha
I killed someone ON purpose....
wait. no, it wasn't me!!!

*coughs* on IT makes perfect sense though
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
youthful_implants

I dont know about poor use of language but nothing fucks me off more in the office than bullshit pseudo-management speak.

here is a list of wanky words you should never ever use seriously. Alternatively in boring meetings play WANK WORD BINGO using the below examples.

robusticise

meaningful

leverage

regroup

appropriate

utilize

team player

outside the box

touch base

flattening

excellence

platform

flexible

strategic fit

future-proof

value-added

multidisciplinary

aspiration statement

push the envelope

risk management

client-based

communication

empower

contribution

intranet

credibility
Strontium Music

huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i hate "touch base" "at the end of the day"

geeeeeehhhhh

we use some good ones here. like when there is going to be an "outage" (turing off servers for whatever reason menaing people cannot use said server) we have started calling them a "technology pause". gets it thru change control pretty easily.
youthful_implants

huge wrote:i hate "touch base" "at the end of the day"

geeeeeehhhhh

we use some good ones here. like when there is going to be an "outage" (turing off servers for whatever reason menaing people cannot use said server) we have started calling them a "technology pause". gets it thru change control pretty easily.
haha I like technology pause. I worked in service management for two years for the civil service in London. I think thats where my hatred of this kind of thing began to develop. Although in advertising they're even worse if anything.
Strontium Music

aroes

Post by aroes »

i just attempted to make nachos and had to settle for corn chips with mozzarella coz i couldn't get the lid off the salsa

lolgripe
deviant

Post by deviant »

should have got ya mum to do it for ya.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

dear me.

i dont work in a corporate environment and im totally embarrassed as to how many of those words i use regularly.

perhaps thats why i use them?

:lol:
aroes

Post by aroes »

deviant wrote:should have got ya mum to do it for ya.
yours tbh
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

deviant wrote:should have got ya mum to do it for ya.
was gonna say the same thing but then remembered he has a broken arm!
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

how is "moving forward" not on that list?
absolutely my most hated management speakism.
CoB

Post by CoB »

moving forward in a new direction?

ps. i had something to say about gripes and things
but i have since had a beverage and i no longer care
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
youthful_implants

witty_pseudonym wrote:how is "moving forward" not on that list?
absolutely my most hated management speakism.
moving forward should be on that list.

gah!
Strontium Music