the official console and PC nerdy thread!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

extra post to click over the auto-pagination.

:)
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

Rob M wrote:console lovers eat this :D

never got into diablo.

RPG's bore the shit outa me.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
lynt

Post by lynt »

Landstalker / Baudlers Gate 1, 2 / Hero / Zelda / GTA 3, 4, 5 ....

no way!
L-J

Post by L-J »

Rpgs are the bomb...if u got the time and patience to get into them
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

agree. i succumbed to world of warcraft on the weekend..dont think ill be seeing daylight for a few months.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
L-J

Post by L-J »

haha i made a world of warcraft thread about an hour ago lol
Dark Lord Piddle Bottom

Post by Dark Lord Piddle Bottom »

its all about Battlefield 2

lost way too many hours to this game!
Everything is proceeding as I have Foreseen

http://www.myspace.com/dark_lord_piddle_bottom
L-J

Post by L-J »

yeah man...i used to play bf v and americas army...my housemate plays bf2 though....i aint seen him for weeks :P
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

sneaky hands wrote:agree. i succumbed to world of warcraft on the weekend..dont think ill be seeing daylight for a few months.
ROFL, I stopped playing a couple months ago, but getting back into it again.

Go Proudmoore/Horde .. we are 3:1 against Alliance and the economy is good on our side.
mecka

Post by mecka »

THANK GOD

I am not the only nerd on these forums. ..
Zerotonine

Post by Zerotonine »

Dude, I think you'll find that a large percentage of these forums are populated by nerds...closet nerds at best. For fuck's sake, I run a videogame store, how nerdy is that?

I said too much... :oops:
Allons-y!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Zerotonine wrote:Dude, I think you'll find that a large percentage of these forums are populated by nerds...closet nerds at best. For fuck's sake, I run a videogame store, how nerdy is that?

You run a games store!?! Which one?

You must be the happiest dude in the world!
PS Zelda TP now or STFU!
Zerotonine

Post by Zerotonine »

Hardy wrote:
Zerotonine wrote:Dude, I think you'll find that a large percentage of these forums are populated by nerds...closet nerds at best. For fuck's sake, I run a videogame store, how nerdy is that?

PS Zelda TP now or STFU!
Well, it's not exactly the best job in the world. There's a lot of crap I have to put up with, but you get that in any job I guess. The coolest part of the job really is getting free beer and food from the distributors and dudes like Sony throwing boatloads of money for their launch parties and such. I was meant to go to the PSP launch party on the 17th, but the NIN gig is on at the same time, so that takes priority of course...

Anyhow, it's called Game Rush and it's at Highpoint shopping centre. I hate that place. Anyway, I used to run our store down on Chapel St...I loved it down there...damn those bastards that moved me... :cry: If anyone wants games and/or gear, I can look after yas as best I can...can even do mail order of yo' want....

Oh, and on the Zelda front, I've been hassling my Nintendo guy for like a month and at this stage he's saying November/December. All he cares about is Nintendogs for the DS...pfft
Allons-y!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

You didn't by any chance work at the shop on Elizabeth and Bourke for a while did you?
Zerotonine

Post by Zerotonine »

Hardy wrote:You didn't by any chance work at the shop on Elizabeth and Bourke for a while did you?
Fuck...I'm famous...guilty as charged, dude. Yep, that's me, worked there for 3 years before we got bought out. Whatever it is that I did, I DID'NT DO IT. Hehe.
Allons-y!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Zerotonine wrote:
Hardy wrote:You didn't by any chance work at the shop on Elizabeth and Bourke for a while did you?
Fuck...I'm famous...guilty as charged, dude. Yep, that's me, worked there for 3 years before we got bought out. Whatever it is that I did, I DID'NT DO IT. Hehe.
HA! :sherlockhardy:

Nah you were always informative and friendly :wink:
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

Zerotonine wrote:
Hardy wrote:

PS Zelda TP now or STFU!
Well, it's not exactly the best job in the world. There's a lot of crap I have to put up with, but you get that in any job I guess. The coolest part of the job really is getting free beer and food from the distributors and dudes like Sony throwing boatloads of money for their launch parties and such. I was meant to go to the PSP launch party on the 17th, but the NIN gig is on at the same time, so that takes priority of course...

Anyhow, it's called Game Rush and it's at Highpoint shopping centre. I hate that place. Anyway, I used to run our store down on Chapel St...I loved it down there...damn those bastards that moved me... :cry: If anyone wants games and/or gear, I can look after yas as best I can...can even do mail order of yo' want....

Oh, and on the Zelda front, I've been hassling my Nintendo guy for like a month and at this stage he's saying November/December. All he cares about is Nintendogs for the DS...pfft
wikid, i'm adding you to my preffered game suppliers :D

go Zelda!!! I especially need it when WoW is in downtime like tonight ;P
Zerotonine

Post by Zerotonine »

Hardy wrote:
Zerotonine wrote:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I was like the head geek in that place. I know my videogame shit. Not that it's something to be proud about, but hey, I gotta be mega-informed about something right? And also, if you heard the music in that place, I pretty much picked most of it on their MP3 jukebox/server. Good times.
Allons-y!
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

I heard rumours there maybe a diablo movie. Azrael the arch angel would look ill on the big screen! :o :o :o
mecka

Post by mecka »

Zerotonine wrote:
Hardy wrote:
Zerotonine wrote: Fuck...I'm famous...guilty as charged, dude. Yep, that's me, worked there for 3 years before we got bought out. Whatever it is that I did, I DID'NT DO IT. Hehe.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I was like the head geek in that place. I know my videogame shit. Not that it's something to be proud about, but hey, I gotta be mega-informed about something right? And also, if you heard the music in that place, I pretty much picked most of it on their MP3 jukebox/server. Good times.
You got any jobs going? I'm in the market for employment and it's been a lifelong dream to work in a video games store.

No retail exp, but heaps of enthusiasm and a fast learner to boot.
quick

Post by quick »

mecka wrote:and a fast learner to boot.
Cool, you can kick him if he fucks up...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

quick wrote:
mecka wrote:and a fast learner to boot.
Cool, you can kick him if he fucks up...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

on the console tip, i picked up jade empire on xbox a few weeks ago..only took about 30 hours to finish but theres enough there to make you go back a second time and try a different path.

damn i waste a lot of time playing games.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

Zerotonine wrote:
Hardy wrote:
Zerotonine wrote: Fuck...I'm famous...guilty as charged, dude. Yep, that's me, worked there for 3 years before we got bought out. Whatever it is that I did, I DID'NT DO IT. Hehe.

i used to go in there like on a daily basis and rinse whatever games where on the consoles. the music pretty much always stood out. :D
www.dubstep.com.au
mecka

Post by mecka »

sneaky hands wrote:on the console tip, i picked up jade empire on xbox a few weeks ago..only took about 30 hours to finish but theres enough there to make you go back a second time and try a different path.

damn i waste a lot of time playing games.
Yeh I played thru it a few times recently as well. The design of the game is beautiful.

Bioware really do make the best rpgs.

Yer everybodys been in the Elizabeth + Bourke gamesrush.. . I didn't realise it was up there for years.
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

anyone here own a DS or PSP?

are there any zelda games on DS?
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

a mate of mine has a PSP. this guy is a console fiend..hes got every latest gen console. big fan of nintendo. but he reckons he hasnt played anything except his PSP for months. must be pretty decent.

edit: actually hes the kind of guy who is such a console fiend he carries his fave machine and games around in the boot of his car in case he'll get a chance to hijack someones tv...so the PSP is ideally suited to him now that i think about it.
mecka

Post by mecka »

sneaky hands wrote:a mate of mine has a PSP. this guy is a console fiend..hes got every latest gen console. big fan of nintendo. but he reckons he hasnt played anything except his PSP for months. must be pretty decent.

edit: actually hes the kind of guy who is such a console fiend he carries his fave machine and games around in the boot of his car in case he'll get a chance to hijack someones tv...so the PSP is ideally suited to him now that i think about it.
Yeh the PSP seems decent, until you remember that its going to be $400AUD on release here and the next-gen consoles (to bring this thread vaguely back on topic) aren't going to be much more than that.
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

mecka wrote:
sneaky hands wrote:a mate of mine has a PSP. this guy is a console fiend..hes got every latest gen console. big fan of nintendo. but he reckons he hasnt played anything except his PSP for months. must be pretty decent.

Yeh the PSP seems decent, until you remember that its going to be $400AUD on release here and the next-gen consoles (to bring this thread vaguely back on topic) aren't going to be much more than that.
I reckon the PS3, xbox 360 will be around $699 on release. The Evolution maybe around $499. The PSP is just expensive because of Sony proclaiming all its added value features, like mp3 player, wi-fi, net browsing, duo card expansion, movie playing, etc...

I still doubt I will sacrifice money for a portable device that's basically halfway between a PS1 and PS2.
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

personally, i wouldnt bother with a handheld system, just cos if im travelling i like looking at stuff (especially people!) too much..or failing that id just read a book. and if im at home id rather see it on a big screen.

but if youre the kinda fiend who has to get every system available i guess its cool.
mecka

Post by mecka »

sneaky hands wrote:personally, i wouldnt bother with a handheld system, just cos if im travelling i like looking at stuff (especially people!) too much...
Yeh well I'm extremely prone to motion sickness. Also, I rarely tend to sit down and be bored, so no real need for a PSP.

ALthough i would love to have one, dammit.

edit:
SEOUL (Reuters) - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing on-line battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play on-line games on Aug. 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

info released yesterday...

Xbox 360 Core System - $299 (299 Euros, 209 GPB)
-Xbox 360 console
-Wired controller
-Detachable faceplate
-Xbox Live Silver membership
-Standard AV cables

Xbox 360 - $399 (399 Euros, 279 GPB)
-Xbox 360 console
-20GB detachable hard drive
-Wireless controller
-Wireless Xbox Live headset
-High-definition AV cables
-Ethernet cable
-Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)
-Detachable faceplate

ahh yeah...soo getting one in december. now all i need is a TV that can do 1080i. damn it...its going to be an expensive christmas
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
Stray

Post by Stray »

So what's that.. around $480 and $650 in aussie dollars?

I remember buying an xbox when it first came out.. $650
Then it dropped by $200 a month or two after it came out.
I think I will wait until after xmas before I pick one up.
Stray

Post by Stray »

This looks pretty cool too.

The Game Boy Micro is a redesigned version of the existing Game Boy Advance platform, a unit that plays all GBA games in a much smaller handheld system.
The unit measures a scant four inches wide, two inches tall, and .7 inches thick, and weighs just 2.8 ounces, complete with built-in rechargeable battery.
The device has replaceable face plates that protect the high contrast backlit LCD screen.
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

Stray wrote:So what's that.. around $480 and $650 in aussie dollars?

I remember buying an xbox when it first came out.. $650
Then it dropped by $200 a month or two after it came out.
I think I will wait until after xmas before I pick one up.
yeah, 650 is what ive heard for the HD version. i too forked 700bones for the xbox, but i got like 3 rebates for it when the price came down so it was all good in the end, and i had the thing for ages.

IMO Nintendo has always been the king of handheld and PSP hasnt changed a thing. how fucking cool are the controls for metroid on the GBA! man i want a system like that for FSP on PC. Nintendo always thinks out of the norm.
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

game boy micro + zelda == <3

on release GBm is gonna be cheaper than the current line of gameboy's from what I heard. and they gonna slash an additional ~$30 of the DS to make things inline. GBm for pure gameplay, PSP for status. choose one.
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

www.dubstep.com.au
Stray

Post by Stray »

saintberry wrote: i too forked 700bones for the xbox, but i got like 3 rebates for it when the price came down so it was all good in the end, and i had the thing for ages.
Yeah I got one rebate.. no money, just a free controller and two games I think it was. Was quite happy with that as I had already claimed the original amount on tax :)
My xbox still gets a good workout.. not so much games though.
It's filled to the gills with movies and tunes. :wink:
mecka

Post by mecka »

saintberry wrote:info released yesterday...

Xbox 360 Core System - $299 (299 Euros, 209 GPB)
-Xbox 360 console
-Wired controller
-Detachable faceplate
-Standard AV cables

Xbox 360 - $399 (399 Euros, 279 GPB)
-Xbox 360 console
-20GB detachable hard drive
-Wireless controller
-Wireless Xbox Live headset
-High-definition AV cables
-Ethernet cable
-Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)
-Detachable faceplate

ahh yeah...soo getting one in december. now all i need is a TV that can do 1080i. damn it...its going to be an expensive christmas
Accessories available at time of release and pricing:

-Xbox 360 Faceplate (Suggested Retail Price: $19.99)
-Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB) (SRP: $99.99)
-Xbox 360 Memory Unit (64 MB) (SRP: $39.99)
-Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (SRP: $99.99)
-Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (SRP: $49.99)
-Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit (SRP: $19.99)
-Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack (SRP: $11.99)
-Xbox 360 Controller (SRP: $39.99)
-Xbox 360 Headset (SRP: $19.99)
-Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote (SRP: $29.99)
-Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable (SRP $39.99)
-Xbox 360 S-Video AV Cable (US only) (SRP: $29.99)
-Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable (SRP: $39.99)

MS is really going to milk this system for every little penny. I'm not sure if i'm going to get one when they are released - probably hold off for a few months till I don't have to sell organs to afford it.
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

MS is really going to milk this system for every little penny. I'm not sure if i'm going to get one when they are released - probably hold off for a few months till I don't have to sell organs to afford it.
DUDE! When you look @ the hardware specs of either the 299 or 399 model it’s an unbelievable deal! You try and purchase a graphics card alone for your pc that can pump even close to those polygons of the x360 for under $1000AUD.

A good time to purchase will be a month or 2 before the PS3 comes out, price should drop about 100USD around then. But why not just invest @ the start and then get the rebate? And PS3 looks a long way off; they still haven’t even fully developed the hardware.

For a long time Microsoft has sold their consoles for well under what they cost to produce. They make their cash from getting people buying regular games. True accessories are a rip-off. but if you get the $399 pimped model you wont need to get anything apart from an extra controller, mod chip (when they come out, month or 2) and 400gb hdd. Standard for any xbox purchase tho!

hahaha on this line
GBm for pure gameplay, PSP for status. choose one.
soooo true.

My xbox still gets a good workout.. not so much games though.
It's filled to the gills with movies and tunes. Wink
Same same, I think I got a pretty good setup with my xbox....

xecuter 3 modcip with 200gb hdd
68games on the hdd and counting…(go go torrents!)
120gb of moofies on a wireless network share
80gb of music on a wireless network share
xlink kai server @ 1.5mb

and still the only game I play is Ninja Gaiden…haha

xbox was SUCH a good deal if you modded it. XMBC, what a class piece of software. Respect.
Stray

Post by Stray »

saintberry wrote: xbox was SUCH a good deal if you modded it. XMBC, what a class piece of software. Respect.
:script:

I have a similar setup. 8)
It's funny.. when I show people XBMC they are most surprised by
the weather feature. Wow! It tells you the weather!!!! :lol:
mecka

Post by mecka »

as opposed to looking out the window?

hrm.. forecast for the rest of the day, shit, overcast with rain and cold.

/me stays indoors.
Stray

Post by Stray »

mecka wrote:as opposed to looking out the window?

hrm.. forecast for the rest of the day, shit, overcast with rain and cold.

/me stays indoors.
yeah my xbox says..

monday - rain
tuesday - rain
..stay inside and play with me Dave.

I don't know why it calls me Dave.. :smt017
mecka

Post by mecka »

i dunno do you call it hal?

mecka

Post by mecka »

PS3 gets a launch date: 15th March 2006 for 400 euros (abot $650 AUD).

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1557
lynt

Post by lynt »

When's next GTA coming out
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote:PS3 gets a launch date: 15th March 2006 for 400 euros (abot $650 AUD).

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1557
It'll be half that 6 weeks afetr release if history has taught us anything.
DrnknMnky

Post by DrnknMnky »

saintberry wrote:
Same same, I think I got a pretty good setup with my xbox....

xecuter 3 modcip with 200gb hdd
68games on the hdd and counting…(go go torrents!)
120gb of moofies on a wireless network share
80gb of music on a wireless network share
xlink kai server @ 1.5mb

and still the only game I play is Ninja Gaiden…haha

xbox was SUCH a good deal if you modded it. XMBC, what a class piece of software. Respect.

oooh! You wouldn't steal a car! (how do you fucken know?)
Pirates are bad!...except for Capy Jack Sparrow...who was a lot like Raoul Duke...

jokes.. i got the same set-up but can't get the kai to work...any ideas?

..Life's a bitch, but God forbid the bitch divorce me.. Nas
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

check this game out. Prey for teh 360

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... tml?q=prey

peep the video. its mental.
www.dubstep.com.au