Italian Fireflies remix

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Stray

Italian Fireflies remix

Post by Stray »

Hey guys, the majority of you on here seem to know what you are talking about when it comes to good tunes.
So if you could spare a moment to have a listen to this breaks mix I did of blackstrobes - italian fireflies and leave some comments it would be most appreciated.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wbyrden/Wa ... 128kb).mp3 (6.5mb)

please consider ;)
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

Nice work. I like what you've done with the beats at the start. Maybe seems a tiny bit too bass heavy between say 20-100hz, feels a bit boomy, but that's just me nitpicking and it's probably a matter of opinion anyway. Moves along nicely and is changed up well. Perhaps too many cymbal crashes? What do you think?
Stray

Post by Stray »

cheers, yeah I'm not sure about the bass.. I need to hear it played back on a decent pair of monitors.. which I sadly lack. It's all about what it sounds like loud :)

Shepherd said the same thing about the cymbals.. I think it adds depth though. Maybe I could just drop them back a bit.

I just noticed that the vocals are off center to the left.. how I missed that I don't know.