BDO 2010

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
bonsai

BDO 2010

Post by bonsai »

Muse
Powderfinger
Lily Allen
Eskimo Joe
Groove Armada
Grinspoon
The Mars Volta
Ladyhawke
Dizzee Rascal
Karnivool
Peaches
The Temper Trap
Kasabian
Midnight Juggernauts
Rise Against
Magic Dirt
Mastodon
Lisa Mitchell
The Horrors
Bluejuice
Calvin Harris
Kisschasy
The Decemberists
Tame Impala
Girl Talk

MEH?
Upcoming....
DNB Sessions Sundays 10.30pm // KISSFM.com.au // 87.6FM
Total Science - 26th June @ Mercat
ulyssian

Re: BDO 2010 First Announcement

Post by ulyssian »

double MEH!!
(rainbow ticket purchased!!)
bobby bob bob
Location: Bob Fossil's Funpark, near the black & white Chinese people that eat sticks

Post by bobby bob bob »

Triple Meh.
WTF has happened to BDO?

They need to cover all genres! I want at least one act to cover
Neurofunk
Tekstep
Wobble
Liquid
etc
etc.

Maybe DBers should have their own tent.. hermetically sealed and sprayed with anti muzza agent..

Dan! Onto it!
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Fuck that, BDO/festivals don't deserve my hard earned cash whatever the lineup is I have decided..
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Only act i have even the slightestest interest in is Mastodon.
Amick

Post by Amick »

AWWWW NO LA ROUX?????

:teef:
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Yep- thats shit.
Nothing was gunna stop me seeing Tipper at Rainbow though
Check out my soundcloud page at:
http://soundcloud.com/nativedog
Mixes and productions by Native Dog
FliP

Post by FliP »

fkn rubbish..

everyone of those acts has been booked in some festival in melbourne over the last 2 years..

it's gonna be sold out anyway - why not have some balls and book someone new and interesting?
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

Dingo wrote:Yep- thats shit.
Nothing was gunna stop me seeing Tipper at Rainbow though
exactly.

shit lineup indeed.

last yr i came back from rainbow for bdo (mainly cos i had a free ticket as i will again this year, and i had to get a lift then and there)

but no chance this time
Amick

Post by Amick »

gnat

Post by gnat »

lol

i like muse though. well i love their old stuff. would like to see them rock out. massive guitar sound
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
mrj

Post by mrj »

snore.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

I still don't understand why Muse are held in such high regard. I mean they're not offensive, but they're not that good either. Same deal as Kings Of Leon. I guess this is just another one of those things where some people have opinions that differ from the opinions of others.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Without muse there would be no Twilight series. That's serious props man. :teef:
mecka

Post by mecka »

gnat wrote:lol

i like muse though. well i love their old stuff. would like to see them rock out. massive guitar sound
Knights of Cydonia for the win. Only Muse song I like.

Lilly Allen sideshow... nothing else there.
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

old muse is aite.
stockholm syndrome etc (acoustic ftw)

guys got a good voice, they can play, but over their epic style
FunkyJ

Post by FunkyJ »

I've been to every BDO except 3.

This is going to be the 4th (unless I score free tickets, or Blur is added to the line up)

And it's not because I'm too old or partied out...

Quite the contrary: I'm likely to see Faith No More @ Soundwave, AC/DC, and Womad all in the same week next year, then Pixies two week after. And given the quality of acts at the V festival in the last few years, probably that as well.
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-
shabana

Post by shabana »

Hardy wrote:Only act i have even the slightestest interest in is Mastodon.
MASTODON!!! that means there'll be a side show :blob3:
Peace and Fucking - Believe
gnat

Post by gnat »

mecka wrote:
gnat wrote:lol

Knights of Cydonia for the win. Only Muse song I like.

Lilly Allen sideshow... nothing else there.
stockholm syndrome ftmfw!

massive!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Worked at the BDO again this year. Work was good, had to check bags which I thought would suck, but was actually pretty fun. Loved asking straight out ‘got any drugs or alcohol’ and then watching their reactions.

One dude’s reaction was hilarious:

Me: got any drugs or alcohol?
Him: ummmm *looks worried and confused* then clicks what I am doing ‘ummm oh right noooo’ hahaha
Me: dude that took WAY too long for you to respond, busted bad
Him: fuck me that was bad hey, shit ummm shit
Me: hahaha whatevers have a good one
Him: walking off laughing and going “phew”

Then had a break for lunch and was back on but scanning tickets instead, which usually is a good job, but there was about a two hour stretch of non-stop people coming through. For two hours all I stared at was people’s hands passing me their ticket and getting the dang scanner to work. My back and neck killed by the end of it. 50,000 through the gates, and we all felt it…

Then I was off, downed some beers and went to check out The Wagons. Along the way we passed the Boiler Room and the dj was playing a mash up of Jackson 5 and some rock tune, the name of which I canna remember, anyway my reaction was “what the hell is that? And who is playing” but I thought I should keep heading to The Wagons cos we were told to check em out. I lasted 5 minutes at The Wagons before deciding to head back to The Boiler Room cos The Wagons were not doing it for me. I later found out they were just doing a long sound check lol. The Boiler Room was jammed pack and bouncing to the crazy mash up style dj’ing (similar to Z-Trip) that was Girl Talk. Terrible name I reckon but the dude can definitely mix, and came up with some great combos. Danced the whole time and loved every minute.

Then I realised what the time was and was late for the Hoods, so hot-footed over to the Orange stage to watch the boys in action. As usual they were energetic and pumping the crowd up! I can’t remember all the tracks they played except The Hard Road which went down a treat! Sat right back of the drinks area having a bourbon and coke (you would too if Tooheys was the only option) and watched the massive crowd jumping up and down….before I ventured in and joined em of course

Then off to get more drinkies and chill with my mate before we headed over to catch The Middle East. New band emerging, with a hit under their belt. First song was okay, but I thought the lead singer didn’t match the bands sound, then they switched to another dude and chick singing who seemed to fit better, and it seemed by the crowds reaction to be their hit song. Quite nice, but not sure it’s really my cup of tea

Then headed over to see Lily Allen which was definitely my highlight of the day. She was rocking out like crazy and getting the crowd pumped. I kinda reckon she seemed off chops, she was laying on the ground singing away, smoking ciggies and pouring water on head. Dunno if that is just her or not, but dang funny to watch. She definitely puts on a good show, and I liked most of her songs, only knowing a few of them.

By this stage I was absolutely knackered so I found a good spot, sat down and watch Mars Volta while waiting for Powderfinger. Mars Volta are definitely a trip and a half. I liked some of their tunes, but generally it was all a little off tap and a bit bizarro world for me. Funny moment was watching the lead singer jump down to the crowd level and steal a security guys hat and sunnies, prancing about and throwing the hat into the crowd. The security dudes didn’t know what to do lol

Then finally Powderfinger came on, and it was a mixed bag of old and new tunes which kind of sucked, as clearly the crowd wanted an old set. Plus Bernard Fanning was in a bad mood, which was putting people off, so people were leaving. I thought it was a bit shit of them really to be like that, cos people waited to see them and then left cos they played new tracks and Fanning was being a right cock. The only awesome moment of their set was when they played “These Days”. The whole crowd sang along and the sun was setting at the time, which was lovely. Til the song finished and Fanning goes “what’s with the fuckin sun, I just wish it would fuck off’. Yeah good one.

Good day all in all
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Are you kidding? Girl Talk is an awesome name!!
Don't hate me for house
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ya reckon? i dunno if i would have checked it out had i not heard him mixing away. Girl Talk sounds like some girlie pop group don't ya think?
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Amick

Post by Amick »

The Temper Trap sounds more like a name for a girlie pop group...
autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

it's indie ironic. whatever that means.
autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

Amick wrote:Image
Hah loved it. I've had people say that to me before.. and I usually just say "yeah.. I've heard of them..." and give that look. The thing is, I don't hate them, I just think they somehow combine the worst aspects of my favourite bands. Kind of like.. yeah, I know what you're doing, and I should like it, but I don't.
system
let the hustlers play

Re: BDO 2010

Post by system »

good fun in sydders on saturday. was massively unimpressed with groove armada though.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.