Photos of the One Self/Dj Vadim Show at weedhopper.com.au

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mr lob

Photos of the One Self/Dj Vadim Show at weedhopper.com.au

Post by mr lob »

Check out http://www.weedhopper.com.au for photos and a review of the One Self/Vadim show at the Prince earlier tis month.

One Self's set was kicked off by a Vadim solo dj set for an hour that was was funky and mixed beautifully. Vadim highlighted his skills as a dj covering lots of spectrums of hip hop both old and new. Vadim like many of the touring djs I've seen lately was using an apple laptop and Cerrato Scratch, and as he told me it enables him to carry 10,000 pieces of vinyl in his laptop and at his finget tips. The beauty of this was when I was helping him pack up his gear after the show and all he was touring with was one turntable case containing his laptop, 4 records and cerrato scratch!

The One Self show was cool, full of great party vibes, funky, soulful and had the crowd involved. Yarah Bravo packs a lyrical punch that is both soulful and insightful. Blue Rum 13 was vibed, punching the air and giving it up for the crowd. Vadim was his cool self, eyes closed feeling the show.One Self covered lots of their new album which translated beautifully as well as some of Vadim's older stuff that had the crowd singing and chanting along. all in all a good show...