Tickled Pink- 29 July w/t RaySoo (Malaysia) & Lumiera (l

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Miss Bee

Tickled Pink- 29 July w/t RaySoo (Malaysia) & Lumiera (l

Post by Miss Bee »

Tickled Pink is moving to the last Saturday of every month with a special ‘Double The Flavour’ edition. Not only do we have a special international guest joining us, but we are also featuring a very special Melbourne live act, unleashing their debut performance.

RaySoo is one of Asia’s leading djs, his unique and quirky sense of electronic house music has taken him all around the world. Steadily building up a strong catalogue of his very own style of productions on various acclaimed international labels & receiving strong support from the likes of house heavyweight John Digweed to techno veteran Marco Bailey are just a few of his accomplishments. He was named ‘Best New DJ’ 2004 and ‘Best DJ’ 2005 two years in a row in Malaysian Juice magazine’s ‘Best of’ poll so the Tickled Pink crew are very excited to have him.

Emerging from the desire to create something different "Lumiera" is the new musical project of singer/songwriter Sara Brooke and producer Myke Ireland. Sara and Myke's previous work with the group Red Bee made the mark for these two artists in Melbourne, in a short 12 month period Red Bee were getting regular gigs & supporting DJ's like Dave Seaman & Nic Fanciulli. Lumiera is structured as more of a band, rather than a standard DJ set, with Sara’s live sultry vocals, layered over electronic beats with a mix of originals and covers that cross all musical genres. From trip-hop to house, electro to tech and an emphasis on good music, rather than conforming to the latest trend it's best just to classify the duo as 'livetronica': expect the unexpected.

We are joining forces with Circus so you'll be able to catch Circus DJ's playing on the heated rooftop all night too! In giving you double the DJ's over two rooms, we are changing our guest list charge to $10. However, to reward our loyal supporters, the first 150 people on the Tickled Pink guest list to arrive on the night will receive a membership that will give them automatic $5 entry when presented at the door for this night and future nights!

So as the winter gets colder, Tickled Pink keeps getting hotter so make sure you don’t miss out on this month installment!!

Saturday July 29th @ Circus – 199 Commercial Road, South Yarra
DJ’s – Miss Chris, Danni B, Sass & Flavour Of The Month: RaySoo (Malaysia) & Lumiera
10.00pm – Late
To get on the guest list visit: www.tickledpink.net.au
or email your list to: [email protected]

:smt003 :smt020
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Woot Woot!!

Looks tha Goods Miss Bee
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

i will be there and i aim to cave as many people as possible and heckle lumiera!
deviant

Post by deviant »

can I come and save lumiera buy heckling you heckling him?

saving is the new caving, didn't you know?
Danni B

Post by Danni B »

Yes I sense there will be a fair bit of heckling going on!

Deviant, I don't see anything on for you on this night, does this mean you might make an appearance?

Glad your coming shepherd, make sure you bring that gorgeous gal of yours too!
Tickled Pink @ Circus
199 Commercial Road, South Yarra
Last Friday Of Every Month
Danni B, Miss Chris & Sass + Flavour Of The Month
www.tickledpink.net.au
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Danni B wrote:Yes I sense there will be a fair bit of heckling going on!

Deviant, I don't see anything on for you on this night, does this mean you might make an appearance?

Glad your coming shepherd, make sure you bring that gorgeous gal of yours too!
don't worry danni, tron will be coming

;)

oh you mean the other one!!
Danni B

Post by Danni B »

hehehe.. nice one!

I still have to see Tron in real life, what a cutie pie!
Tickled Pink @ Circus
www.tickledpink.net.au
Danni B

Change To Line Up

Post by Danni B »

Due to circumstances out of our control RaySoo is unfortunately unable to make the trip to Australia. :cry:

In his place we have local hero Drew K gracing the TP decks. :D
Drew K has been DJ’ing for 4 years, in this time we have seen him secure residencies and guest spots which include, Renaissance, preSSure, Interview, Unify, Obsession, Circulation & Neon Elektric.
Experimenting with a freeway of progressive, techno, deep funk and electric house, this would be the best way to describe his sound, and as his reputation has gained momentum in the last 6 months, rocking dance floors across many of the popular Melbourne nights, he is becoming a much sought after DJ.

New line up is:
Tickled Pink Downstairs: Miss Chris, Danni B, Sass & Flavours Of The Month: Drew K & Lumiera
Circus Upstairs: Jimi Danger, AG Ren, Mad Mitch, Tahl, Jayse Knipe, Colin T & Joel Williams (on rotation)

Not long to go now!!!!
Tickled Pink @ Circus
www.tickledpink.net.au
Miss Bee

Post by Miss Bee »

shepherd wrote:i will be there and i aim to cave as many people as possible and heckle lumiera!
I will be on high alert :lol: :wink:
Danni B

Post by Danni B »

Yes sounds like you betta!

So excited for this already & there is still 5 sleeps to go!
Tickled Pink @ Circus
www.tickledpink.net.au
Miss Bee

Post by Miss Bee »

Set times are as follows;

10 - 11 - Danni B
11 - 12.30 - Miss Chris
12.30 - 1.30 - Lumiera (LIVE)
1.30 - 3 - Drew K
3 - close - Sass

:twisted:
Danni B

Wow what a fantastic night!!

Post by Danni B »

The place was full early & every time I looked at the bar, someone was having a shot! So the night was BIG!

A big thanks to Lumiera (Sara & Myke) you guys were amazing, everyone was loving it! I so wish you recorded it though!

Drew kept the vibe going after, love your tunes matey. Cant believe Scott missed his song though!

A special mention has to go out to the TP ladies (Chris & Sass), you rock every time & keep our night interesting & fun, love your work!

Stay tuned for details on TP#9, which might include a fro!
Tickled Pink @ Circus
www.tickledpink.net.au
Miss Bee

Post by Miss Bee »

Thankyou Danni :) Myke and I had an absolute ball playing, couldnt of asked for a more encouraging and up for it crowd. YAY. Big thankyou to everyone for coming down!

Photos are up here..

<http://www.tranzfusion.net/gallery/alb ... chString>=